Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Interact] Ask the Mystics-Closed
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@Countessoffire oH yes that's very important. Sorry! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25939124] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/259392/25939124_350.png[/img] [/url] ((Wynelle has a special... talent per se. She's an extremely powerful blood mage. Something that she can do is change her outward appearance by discoloring her skin with blood. Why she is disguised in this interaction, on the other hand, I'll leave it up to you to figure out.))
@Countessoffire

oH yes that's very important. Sorry!

25939124_350.png

((Wynelle has a special... talent per se. She's an extremely powerful blood mage. Something that she can do is change her outward appearance by discoloring her skin with blood. Why she is disguised in this interaction, on the other hand, I'll leave it up to you to figure out.))
IOm9gtu.gif
@Goldenstorm

Clara Stella’s snout crinkled and she leaned closer to Tacet Mare. “This is painful to watch,” she murmured.

Noctis Timore groaned. “Aw Clara Stella, why did you have to say something? I wanted to see how much of a fool of herself this girl would’ve made if we pretended her powers actually worked. Maybe she would’ve flirted with Tacet Mare in her grieving state? Ha! That would’ve been hysterical!”

Tacet Mare sighed. “I would speak fast Wynelle of the Five. Your foolish stunt has left blood on my floor and we do not abide time wasted on the unworthy...”
@Goldenstorm

Clara Stella’s snout crinkled and she leaned closer to Tacet Mare. “This is painful to watch,” she murmured.

Noctis Timore groaned. “Aw Clara Stella, why did you have to say something? I wanted to see how much of a fool of herself this girl would’ve made if we pretended her powers actually worked. Maybe she would’ve flirted with Tacet Mare in her grieving state? Ha! That would’ve been hysterical!”

Tacet Mare sighed. “I would speak fast Wynelle of the Five. Your foolish stunt has left blood on my floor and we do not abide time wasted on the unworthy...”
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire

So it is true. They are mages, after all. Unless, of course, they are attuned in disguising arts.

As the mourning coatl rose from the ground, the red on her scales slinked away. The blood clumped together in thin, wavy lines, revealing a pale white figure underneath. Inside, a small smile grew within her. This wasn't a scam after all.

This would certainly make things more interesting, indeed.

Blood on my floor. Who does he think I am, some sort of sloppy mage?

The coatl muttered something under her breath, soft enough to not reach the ears of the mystics.

"Call off your pet, Zorah. They're actually useful, unlike your four other 'contacts.'"

A warm feeling grew on her cheek, before fading out of existence.

She gritted her teeth and shakily let out a soft sigh. She looked back up to her audience.

There are at least 2 individuals attuned with magic in this room. If needed, I could easily dispose of them. The mirror might be a problem, but all I need is a single cut. A pain then slowly grew in her heart, and she quickly dispersed of her previous thought. If you do so, however, you'll never see Mardock again. Do this for him.

"Forgive my unruly actions. I would explain myself, but I assume you all understand, or, at least know, of my choices. While Sornieth has an abundance of powerful seers, she is cursed with even more pretenders."

She bowed, but instead of staying down like before, she slowly rose. Though her eyes still brimmed with tears, they glowed with respect for the mystics that appeared before her.

No threats. No murder today. We just need to talk.

For Mardock.

"While my disguising act was a fraud, what I have said before was indeed true. I was banished from my home and was indeed separated from the one who loved me dearly. Mardock was my mate, and though I do not love him now, I still care for him all the same. I do remember his golden scales, his large wings, and his beautiful, ruby eyes. I also remember the flights we had over the Thousand Currents, and the days when we would watch spectacles under the stars."

She closed her eyes. Was she going to do this?

It's too late to back out now.

"If you sensed my emotions, you would know this to be true. You have no reason to answer my plea, and I will not pressure or threaten you to do so. I may be unworthy in the eyes of you mystics, but I will not rest till he is found. And from what I've seen, that makes me worthy in the eyes of the world."

Wynelle fell to her knees.

"So I ask you again. May I seek your guidance? May you tell me where Mardock is, and what I need to know before I reunite with him?"

((Yes, everything Wynelle said is true.))
@Countessoffire

So it is true. They are mages, after all. Unless, of course, they are attuned in disguising arts.

As the mourning coatl rose from the ground, the red on her scales slinked away. The blood clumped together in thin, wavy lines, revealing a pale white figure underneath. Inside, a small smile grew within her. This wasn't a scam after all.

This would certainly make things more interesting, indeed.

Blood on my floor. Who does he think I am, some sort of sloppy mage?

The coatl muttered something under her breath, soft enough to not reach the ears of the mystics.

"Call off your pet, Zorah. They're actually useful, unlike your four other 'contacts.'"

A warm feeling grew on her cheek, before fading out of existence.

She gritted her teeth and shakily let out a soft sigh. She looked back up to her audience.

There are at least 2 individuals attuned with magic in this room. If needed, I could easily dispose of them. The mirror might be a problem, but all I need is a single cut. A pain then slowly grew in her heart, and she quickly dispersed of her previous thought. If you do so, however, you'll never see Mardock again. Do this for him.

"Forgive my unruly actions. I would explain myself, but I assume you all understand, or, at least know, of my choices. While Sornieth has an abundance of powerful seers, she is cursed with even more pretenders."

She bowed, but instead of staying down like before, she slowly rose. Though her eyes still brimmed with tears, they glowed with respect for the mystics that appeared before her.

No threats. No murder today. We just need to talk.

For Mardock.

"While my disguising act was a fraud, what I have said before was indeed true. I was banished from my home and was indeed separated from the one who loved me dearly. Mardock was my mate, and though I do not love him now, I still care for him all the same. I do remember his golden scales, his large wings, and his beautiful, ruby eyes. I also remember the flights we had over the Thousand Currents, and the days when we would watch spectacles under the stars."

She closed her eyes. Was she going to do this?

It's too late to back out now.

"If you sensed my emotions, you would know this to be true. You have no reason to answer my plea, and I will not pressure or threaten you to do so. I may be unworthy in the eyes of you mystics, but I will not rest till he is found. And from what I've seen, that makes me worthy in the eyes of the world."

Wynelle fell to her knees.

"So I ask you again. May I seek your guidance? May you tell me where Mardock is, and what I need to know before I reunite with him?"

((Yes, everything Wynelle said is true.))
IOm9gtu.gif
@Goldenstorm

Noctis Timore’s jaws parted in a gaping yawn. His claws scraped along the crystal floor and his wings stretched out. “Presumptuous little blood mage, isn’t she? It’s almost cute. How do you like that Tacet Mare?”

Clara Stella snorted. “Naturally you would think it is cute. To see the blood bath that she has inflicted and that notion that she is justified in doing so? No. I’ve felt her claws in my chest, the contortions of my body...”

Clara Stella’s brow furrowed and her eyes burned. “Those tears aren’t nearly enough. I would sooner guide a rabid wolf.”

Noctis Timore sighed and his lips curled into a grin. “Ah, writhing, agonizing pain...yes...”

Tacet Mare’s eyes were closed and he took a deep breath. His leathery wings creaked and the armor plates grated together. His voice rippled softly through the hall. “Your sense of cuteness is as twisted as your wretched soul Noctis Timore. Pardon my words Magna Mater. Mmm... Let me ask you this, Wynelle of the Five... What do you see when you look at us?”
@Goldenstorm

Noctis Timore’s jaws parted in a gaping yawn. His claws scraped along the crystal floor and his wings stretched out. “Presumptuous little blood mage, isn’t she? It’s almost cute. How do you like that Tacet Mare?”

Clara Stella snorted. “Naturally you would think it is cute. To see the blood bath that she has inflicted and that notion that she is justified in doing so? No. I’ve felt her claws in my chest, the contortions of my body...”

Clara Stella’s brow furrowed and her eyes burned. “Those tears aren’t nearly enough. I would sooner guide a rabid wolf.”

Noctis Timore sighed and his lips curled into a grin. “Ah, writhing, agonizing pain...yes...”

Tacet Mare’s eyes were closed and he took a deep breath. His leathery wings creaked and the armor plates grated together. His voice rippled softly through the hall. “Your sense of cuteness is as twisted as your wretched soul Noctis Timore. Pardon my words Magna Mater. Mmm... Let me ask you this, Wynelle of the Five... What do you see when you look at us?”
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire

Though annoying, that mirror was certainly the most entertaining of the three.

"Before I saw two dragons, sitting in an elaborate room with a glowing pool and a pitiful rabid pup at their side." Her eyes glanced at the mirror, before turning back to her primary audience. "And now, I see two powerful mystics with extraordinary abilities. They are wise, and can easily see through deception. They are also careful, withholding themselves from those they deem unworthy. Important sets of traits to have, especially when gifted with such powers."
@Countessoffire

Though annoying, that mirror was certainly the most entertaining of the three.

"Before I saw two dragons, sitting in an elaborate room with a glowing pool and a pitiful rabid pup at their side." Her eyes glanced at the mirror, before turning back to her primary audience. "And now, I see two powerful mystics with extraordinary abilities. They are wise, and can easily see through deception. They are also careful, withholding themselves from those they deem unworthy. Important sets of traits to have, especially when gifted with such powers."
IOm9gtu.gif
@Goldenstorm

Noctis Timore burst into cackling laughter. He fell onto his side on the floor. As his laughter subsided, he sighed, “Ah that is what they all say. Paupers to Princes, Emperors to Seraphs, bloodthirsty beasts to sanctimonious monks, weak little blood mages to idealistic zombies. They all try to project themselves as mighty...so that they may convince us of their worth. What they fail to acknowledge is the arbiter overseeing the safety of this hall, the one courteous enough to invite them in. Congratulations arrogant little blood mage, you just condemned yourself.”

Noctis Timore waved his right forepaw with the largest smile twisting his countenance. He chuckled, “Bye!”

Tacet Mare’s head shook side to side and a low sigh rushed from his nostrils. His wings pulled in and his body began to fade, Noctis Timore’s body was even further faded. The very walls of the crystal hall were quickly fading into nothing but a grassy knoll under the paws. Clara Stella’s form was already gone.

Tacet Mare’s eyes finally eased open. His form was nearly all gone from sight. His voice was a soft rumble, “Abandon all delusions of control.”

Tacet Mare, Noctis Timore, Clara Stella, and the entire Crystal Spire was gone. All that remained was the great form of Magna Mater, the one who had been silently watching the exchange. The Guardian female looked at Wynelle with a stony countenance. Her voice rumbled, “You see what you want to see... hear what you want to hear... speak that which only serves you... and only take. This is why... Wynelle... the one full of Hubris... that you have been deemed unworthy.”

Magna Mater’s body faded. The only trace that she had been there was the crushed grass that her paws stood on.
@Goldenstorm

Noctis Timore burst into cackling laughter. He fell onto his side on the floor. As his laughter subsided, he sighed, “Ah that is what they all say. Paupers to Princes, Emperors to Seraphs, bloodthirsty beasts to sanctimonious monks, weak little blood mages to idealistic zombies. They all try to project themselves as mighty...so that they may convince us of their worth. What they fail to acknowledge is the arbiter overseeing the safety of this hall, the one courteous enough to invite them in. Congratulations arrogant little blood mage, you just condemned yourself.”

Noctis Timore waved his right forepaw with the largest smile twisting his countenance. He chuckled, “Bye!”

Tacet Mare’s head shook side to side and a low sigh rushed from his nostrils. His wings pulled in and his body began to fade, Noctis Timore’s body was even further faded. The very walls of the crystal hall were quickly fading into nothing but a grassy knoll under the paws. Clara Stella’s form was already gone.

Tacet Mare’s eyes finally eased open. His form was nearly all gone from sight. His voice was a soft rumble, “Abandon all delusions of control.”

Tacet Mare, Noctis Timore, Clara Stella, and the entire Crystal Spire was gone. All that remained was the great form of Magna Mater, the one who had been silently watching the exchange. The Guardian female looked at Wynelle with a stony countenance. Her voice rumbled, “You see what you want to see... hear what you want to hear... speak that which only serves you... and only take. This is why... Wynelle... the one full of Hubris... that you have been deemed unworthy.”

Magna Mater’s body faded. The only trace that she had been there was the crushed grass that her paws stood on.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire

Well played. Well played.

The coatl hissed. A lead was finally in her hands, and, in minutes, they had slipped out of her grasp.

She still had much to learn. She would return to her spells, sharpening them to the point of undetectability. She would further her practices of persuasion, reaching the state to convince even the wisest of sorcerers to bend their knees. She would find means which would disguise her past and future from the greatest of seers.

But would she lay herself low and beg for the mercy of warriors, mages, and monarchs?

No.

For what are they to a follower of an elder god? The one who ruled the outer worlds and made the Shade flee her lands?

What were they to the one they called Ceto?

((Despite the unfortunate interactions between our dragons, I would like to say that I found this really fun regardless. You did a really good job roleplaying each of your dragons to each of their respective personality traits (dang Noctis Timore was annoying), and are a fantastic writer. Thank you for the opportunity of being able to play the role of one of my most insufferable dragons, and I wish you the best in your future lore endeavors. Peace! :D))
@Countessoffire

Well played. Well played.

The coatl hissed. A lead was finally in her hands, and, in minutes, they had slipped out of her grasp.

She still had much to learn. She would return to her spells, sharpening them to the point of undetectability. She would further her practices of persuasion, reaching the state to convince even the wisest of sorcerers to bend their knees. She would find means which would disguise her past and future from the greatest of seers.

But would she lay herself low and beg for the mercy of warriors, mages, and monarchs?

No.

For what are they to a follower of an elder god? The one who ruled the outer worlds and made the Shade flee her lands?

What were they to the one they called Ceto?

((Despite the unfortunate interactions between our dragons, I would like to say that I found this really fun regardless. You did a really good job roleplaying each of your dragons to each of their respective personality traits (dang Noctis Timore was annoying), and are a fantastic writer. Thank you for the opportunity of being able to play the role of one of my most insufferable dragons, and I wish you the best in your future lore endeavors. Peace! :D))
IOm9gtu.gif
@Goldenstorm ((Insufferable is putting it lightly, haha. Wynelle was so obnoxious that I definitely had to answer it with Noctis Timore. There is no way he would’ve resisted the opportunity to mess with her. So we had insufferable on top of insufferable. It was an amusing exchange. Wynelle was getting frustrated with their stubbornness while they got quickly tired of her hubris. xD I’m glad that you had such a good time despite the nosedive that the exchange took. Thank you for indulging me and for your kind words. You kept to Wynelle’s personality fantastically and it was fun to read your posts. I wish you the best in your lore and roleplaying as well! Thank you again! Farewell! [emoji=guardian laughing size=1] ))
@Goldenstorm

((Insufferable is putting it lightly, haha. Wynelle was so obnoxious that I definitely had to answer it with Noctis Timore. There is no way he would’ve resisted the opportunity to mess with her. So we had insufferable on top of insufferable. It was an amusing exchange. Wynelle was getting frustrated with their stubbornness while they got quickly tired of her hubris. xD I’m glad that you had such a good time despite the nosedive that the exchange took. Thank you for indulging me and for your kind words. You kept to Wynelle’s personality fantastically and it was fun to read your posts. I wish you the best in your lore and roleplaying as well! Thank you again! Farewell! ))
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
I want to thank everyone that has participated in this thread so far. The creativity of the lore for the visiting dragons has been a joy to see. After taking some time away, I believe it is time to reopen this thread.

It is time for the Mystics to begin answering questions again, however the cast has been expanded so there are different routes to take. A new prompt has been written on the first page so please be sure to review it prior to posting. Thank you.
I want to thank everyone that has participated in this thread so far. The creativity of the lore for the visiting dragons has been a joy to see. After taking some time away, I believe it is time to reopen this thread.

It is time for the Mystics to begin answering questions again, however the cast has been expanded so there are different routes to take. A new prompt has been written on the first page so please be sure to review it prior to posting. Thank you.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
Bump
Bump
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15