Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Ice Wyrm Lore [Closed]
1 2 3 4 5
@Azurenight Thanks for the achievement, and a pinglist would be great! Please add me to it. Also, just my thought, but maybe keeping next month's achievement title similar to this one would be good? At least until Dash comes "full circle" like you mentioned. =)

For text, hmm, let me see...Maybe something like "You wowed the Circus crowd with your Shadow Wyrm's lore. No shady tricks here!"
@Azurenight Thanks for the achievement, and a pinglist would be great! Please add me to it. Also, just my thought, but maybe keeping next month's achievement title similar to this one would be good? At least until Dash comes "full circle" like you mentioned. =)

For text, hmm, let me see...Maybe something like "You wowed the Circus crowd with your Shadow Wyrm's lore. No shady tricks here!"
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Azurenight please put me on the pinglist! Thank you!
@Azurenight please put me on the pinglist! Thank you!
677fd66ff5b1d302249c98d4a1eb713daa76e28e.gif

8b02ad3c65b6b4b87011423eae92aa9999ab549f.gif
@dinguschi

Done =) Thank you!

@dinguschi

Done =) Thank you!

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Disillusionist
Good idea, having concurrent titles for each year. That would clean it up and keep it organized. Your blurb is really cute =). Also, added and thank you!
@Disillusionist
Good idea, having concurrent titles for each year. That would clean it up and keep it organized. Your blurb is really cute =). Also, added and thank you!
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azureknight I do not remember how much she cost. I don't think it was a lot due to her basic genes.
@Azureknight I do not remember how much she cost. I don't think it was a lot due to her basic genes.
dYz9iQp.png
@Azurenight
Ack, seems like I've missed this festival's lore share. Add me to the pinglist please ^_^
@Azurenight
Ack, seems like I've missed this festival's lore share. Add me to the pinglist please ^_^
30760.pngdestinyweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp87.pngtumblr_ofkweumxKI1txzxxro1_250.png tumblr_oiev0tN7JJ1txzxxro1_250.png
@EclipseMirror

Done =) Thank you!
@EclipseMirror

Done =) Thank you!
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@TheSangonmuu

Lucky =) She's a beautiful drake, I do believe I'm going to have to find the other two now. I'm very interested to see if there are more of the quads =D
@TheSangonmuu

Lucky =) She's a beautiful drake, I do believe I'm going to have to find the other two now. I'm very interested to see if there are more of the quads =D
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Interlude: Icy Encounter

Dash tightened his cloak as he walked through the empty festival grounds; a poor attempt to fend off the bitter wind. The walk from his booth to his hotel wasn’t that great a distance, but in the frigid chill of the Southern Icefield it made it feel like miles away. Thankfully, this was the last day. He would be going right into the hotel to grab his bag and then head straight away to the portals. “Home sounds good right now…

“Does it?” a disembodied voice caught Dash’s attention. The familiarity of it caused an unconscious shiver to rattle his bones. Dash stopped dead, considering for a moment if the voice had been a figment of his imagination and knowing it had not been. “I’m curious as to where home is, Dash?”

The librarian whipped around to confront the body behind the voice. He had intended to speak when he first addressed Harron, but ended up hesitating the moment his eyes came to a rest on an old friend. Harron used to have the most vibrant cyan fur; it matched his equally cyan eyes. They used to joke he was Lightening through and through. Only now he was pale to the point he looked gray and those lively, energy filled eyes had taken on a sickly fog. “Harron…

“You’ve not provided any information on the Flights lately,” Harron said. The Wildclaw eased from the shadows in which he hid to face an old friend. “Some are starting to think you’ve abandoned the cause, Dash.”

“I’ve not—

“I know,” Harron continued, dismissing the rest of Dash’s sentence as denial of the accusation. “I’ve told them that.” There was some relief that sprung up in Harron’s dull eyes; it was a tiny spark of the life that once resided there and then it just faded away. “You must have been preparing a good report then, huh?”

Dash choked down the lump in his throat. He’d not prepared a report for Cathair Athelward in some time and the reason for that was indeed because he was having doubts about the “cause” as Harron put it. Nothing Athelward told him about his adopted clan was true; his mission seemed fraught with falsehoods and deception. Upon realizing he had been misinformed he started to consider what other lies he had been fed and who exactly was going to get hurt from this crazy plan of Athelward’s.

“After the return to Water Athelward ordered you home.”

All thought; all breath was abated upon hearing Harron’s words. It could not be that he would be ordered back to Black Reach. What possible reason would they have to bring him back?

“He said you had been away from the family for too long.” Harron set a trembling hand against Dash’s shoulder. “He wants his advisor back. You’ll finally be away from that dreadful clan with that beast in it.”

It took everything in Dash’s power to keep from threatening Harron with a growl. In his moment of composition he pulled away from Harron’s touch. “Yes,” he half hissed, half slurred. “Please return and let them know I’ll have a report soon.”

“I can take it if you have it ready,” Harron suggested. There was a sense of urgency in his voice and a bit of a dip to his lip. He was sent to fetch the report, not to just inform him of his tardiness. Dash should have realized.

“I do not.” Dash swallowed the new lump in his throat before continuing. “But I can write it up for you if you like.” He tapped his temple with the tip of a claw. “It’s all right up here.” The frown that had formed on Harron’s lips trembled itself into a grin. Dash, taking that as acceptance, lifted an arm towards the hotel. “Perhaps we can get it finished indoors?” he suggested.

Harron readily agreed. “Wonderful idea. You head in and get us a seat in the tavern and I’ll be back in a moment. There is a… errand I must run before hand. While you are writing I can get you caught up on the matters at Black Reach.” Harron gave Dash a quick nod before rushing off into the shadows once more.

Dash stood in the street with an icy chill reaching in to claw at his bones. He had been separated from Athelward’s cause for so long he had almost forgotten he was a part of it. And he wished it had remained that way. In some way and for some reason he had thought his past was just that, his past; forgotten to all but the pages of an old tome. His idea that turning away from it would somehow make it go away had not turned out as he hoped and now it was coming back to haunt him. “What have I done?”
Interlude: Icy Encounter

Dash tightened his cloak as he walked through the empty festival grounds; a poor attempt to fend off the bitter wind. The walk from his booth to his hotel wasn’t that great a distance, but in the frigid chill of the Southern Icefield it made it feel like miles away. Thankfully, this was the last day. He would be going right into the hotel to grab his bag and then head straight away to the portals. “Home sounds good right now…

“Does it?” a disembodied voice caught Dash’s attention. The familiarity of it caused an unconscious shiver to rattle his bones. Dash stopped dead, considering for a moment if the voice had been a figment of his imagination and knowing it had not been. “I’m curious as to where home is, Dash?”

The librarian whipped around to confront the body behind the voice. He had intended to speak when he first addressed Harron, but ended up hesitating the moment his eyes came to a rest on an old friend. Harron used to have the most vibrant cyan fur; it matched his equally cyan eyes. They used to joke he was Lightening through and through. Only now he was pale to the point he looked gray and those lively, energy filled eyes had taken on a sickly fog. “Harron…

“You’ve not provided any information on the Flights lately,” Harron said. The Wildclaw eased from the shadows in which he hid to face an old friend. “Some are starting to think you’ve abandoned the cause, Dash.”

“I’ve not—

“I know,” Harron continued, dismissing the rest of Dash’s sentence as denial of the accusation. “I’ve told them that.” There was some relief that sprung up in Harron’s dull eyes; it was a tiny spark of the life that once resided there and then it just faded away. “You must have been preparing a good report then, huh?”

Dash choked down the lump in his throat. He’d not prepared a report for Cathair Athelward in some time and the reason for that was indeed because he was having doubts about the “cause” as Harron put it. Nothing Athelward told him about his adopted clan was true; his mission seemed fraught with falsehoods and deception. Upon realizing he had been misinformed he started to consider what other lies he had been fed and who exactly was going to get hurt from this crazy plan of Athelward’s.

“After the return to Water Athelward ordered you home.”

All thought; all breath was abated upon hearing Harron’s words. It could not be that he would be ordered back to Black Reach. What possible reason would they have to bring him back?

“He said you had been away from the family for too long.” Harron set a trembling hand against Dash’s shoulder. “He wants his advisor back. You’ll finally be away from that dreadful clan with that beast in it.”

It took everything in Dash’s power to keep from threatening Harron with a growl. In his moment of composition he pulled away from Harron’s touch. “Yes,” he half hissed, half slurred. “Please return and let them know I’ll have a report soon.”

“I can take it if you have it ready,” Harron suggested. There was a sense of urgency in his voice and a bit of a dip to his lip. He was sent to fetch the report, not to just inform him of his tardiness. Dash should have realized.

“I do not.” Dash swallowed the new lump in his throat before continuing. “But I can write it up for you if you like.” He tapped his temple with the tip of a claw. “It’s all right up here.” The frown that had formed on Harron’s lips trembled itself into a grin. Dash, taking that as acceptance, lifted an arm towards the hotel. “Perhaps we can get it finished indoors?” he suggested.

Harron readily agreed. “Wonderful idea. You head in and get us a seat in the tavern and I’ll be back in a moment. There is a… errand I must run before hand. While you are writing I can get you caught up on the matters at Black Reach.” Harron gave Dash a quick nod before rushing off into the shadows once more.

Dash stood in the street with an icy chill reaching in to claw at his bones. He had been separated from Athelward’s cause for so long he had almost forgotten he was a part of it. And he wished it had remained that way. In some way and for some reason he had thought his past was just that, his past; forgotten to all but the pages of an old tome. His idea that turning away from it would somehow make it go away had not turned out as he hoped and now it was coming back to haunt him. “What have I done?”
buffer text
Coming
Soon
1 2 3 4 5