Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 417 418
[quote name="zoroarkstar" date=2016-06-08 07:21:22] [quote]I am sure most of you hatched eggs/nests today. Who are the keepers? What will their lore be? Who is a new dragon from the AH? On an other note: is your clan celebrating the birthday of the site in any way? Do they even know of it?[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24309697] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/243097/24309697_350.png[/img] [/url] Moonkeep will assist when (lore wip)[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=366638] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3667/366638_350.png[/img] [/url] is gone defending the lair... King Apollo Personality I am quiet and reflective when in the lair, but I am an active and in the front lines when defending my clan. I am a loving mate, but in the field, you wouldnt want to cross me, as I am known in my realm for my fighting prowess. History I started with a Nature clan but its been so very long ago that I dont remember much other than learning to be a mage, but within a year, knew it wasnt for me. I watched the defenders of the clan journey out to watch the borders of our flight, and come back victorious. I knew that was where my heart was. I left Nature and wandered for months but happened to be far enough out that I saw an amazing Queen, her name was Tarot from the Disciple of Ra. She is Queen of Ancient Lair of the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. I learned what I could watching how she ruled, and ventured out to start my own clan, the Venerable Lair of the Focal Point. I felt that I fit in best with arcane so had journeyed far to my new flight. I arranged with Miloki to find a Queen trained by his clan to reign by my side, but not as my mate as my mate is Aphrodite, but she has no interest in ruling. I never thought that it would be possible to make something like that work, but Miloki sent me Libera and in his wisdom knew she would be the perfect fit. I just wanted her choice in mate to be right for the clan. She came to me with her choice, and I was amazed to find that it was the captain of my Elite guard, and a perfect fit for a Queen. She and I rule with an iron fist but a loving hand and our clan is happy, healthy and well defended as I am always leading by example in our defenses.
zoroarkstar wrote on 2016-06-08:
Quote:
I am sure most of you hatched eggs/nests today. Who are the keepers? What will their lore be? Who is a new dragon from the AH? On an other note: is your clan celebrating the birthday of the site in any way? Do they even know of it?

24309697_350.png

Moonkeep will assist when (lore wip)
366638_350.png

is gone defending the lair...
King Apollo
Personality
I am quiet and reflective when in the lair, but I am an active and in the front lines when defending my clan. I am a loving mate, but in the field, you wouldnt want to cross me, as I am known in my realm for my fighting prowess.

History
I started with a Nature clan but its been so very long ago that I dont remember much other than learning to be a mage, but within a year, knew it wasnt for me. I watched the defenders of the clan journey out to watch the borders of our flight, and come back victorious. I knew that was where my heart was. I left Nature and wandered for months but happened to be far enough out that I saw an amazing Queen, her name was Tarot from the Disciple of Ra. She is Queen of
Ancient Lair
of the
Beacon of the Radiant Eye.
I learned what I could watching how she ruled, and ventured out to start my own clan, the
Venerable Lair
of the
Focal Point. I felt that I fit in best with arcane so had journeyed far to my new flight. I arranged with Miloki to find a Queen trained by his clan to reign by my side, but not as my mate as my mate is Aphrodite, but she has no interest in ruling. I never thought that it would be possible to make something like that work, but Miloki sent me Libera and in his wisdom knew she would be the perfect fit. I just wanted her choice in mate to be right for the clan. She came to me with her choice, and I was amazed to find that it was the captain of my Elite guard, and a perfect fit for a Queen. She and I rule with an iron fist but a loving hand and our clan is happy, healthy and well defended as I am always leading by example in our defenses.
YbS9jyj.png
@Lopika [quote]I am sure most of you hatched eggs/nests today. Who are the keepers? What will their lore be? Who is a new dragon from the AH? On an other note: is your clan celebrating the birthday of the site in any way? Do they even know of it?[/quote] Actually, the Night Parade will not be keeping any of the young new additions to the clan. They were all born of a foreign species, and therefore will be leaving the clan in the near future. The clan celebrated the birth of Sornieth with a one-day festival, but have now all gone back to their daily lives. [quote]It's summer time and the weather is hot. Does your lair have a pool, access to sea, lake, anything dragons can swim in? Do your dragons learn to swim? Are there any swimming talents? Is swimming an instinctual behavior?[/quote] The Night Parade territory is rife with bile pools, though most non-Plague dragons wouldn't want to go swimming in them for fear of becoming gravely ill. Dragons of other elements usually have to wander deep into the Tangled Wood for a swim, and most usually don't risk the venture. Swimming is something all dragons can do to some degree from birth, although many of the clan's Snappers are like people in that they can very easily float but trick themselves into thinking they can't swim. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23157209] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/231573/23157209_350.png[/img] [/url] Benthic, the clan's Water Rep, typically teaches Snappers who want to conquer their fear of water.
@Lopika
Quote:
I am sure most of you hatched eggs/nests today. Who are the keepers? What will their lore be? Who is a new dragon from the AH? On an other note: is your clan celebrating the birthday of the site in any way? Do they even know of it?

Actually, the Night Parade will not be keeping any of the young new additions to the clan. They were all born of a foreign species, and therefore will be leaving the clan in the near future. The clan celebrated the birth of Sornieth with a one-day festival, but have now all gone back to their daily lives.
Quote:
It's summer time and the weather is hot. Does your lair have a pool, access to sea, lake, anything dragons can swim in? Do your dragons learn to swim? Are there any swimming talents? Is swimming an instinctual behavior?

The Night Parade territory is rife with bile pools, though most non-Plague dragons wouldn't want to go swimming in them for fear of becoming gravely ill. Dragons of other elements usually have to wander deep into the Tangled Wood for a swim, and most usually don't risk the venture. Swimming is something all dragons can do to some degree from birth, although many of the clan's Snappers are like people in that they can very easily float but trick themselves into thinking they can't swim.

23157209_350.png

Benthic, the clan's Water Rep, typically teaches Snappers who want to conquer their fear of water.
26ec748a5511548ec7e5188e9448484c2e46f197.png
Quote:
It's summer time and the weather is hot. Does your lair have a pool, access to sea, lake, anything dragons can swim in? Do your dragons learn to swim? Are there any swimming talents? Is swimming an instinctual behavior?

My dragons have access to a lake (and also a swamp, but most prefer the lake). There are swimming lessons for the younger dragons just like there are flying lessons, it's a Must for my clan. Swimming isn't instinctual and not all dragons like it, but they all learned at a young age so at least they can swim if they ever need to
Quote:

My dragons have access to a lake (and also a swamp, but most prefer the lake). There are swimming lessons for the younger dragons just like there are flying lessons, it's a Must for my clan. Swimming isn't instinctual and not all dragons like it, but they all learned at a young age so at least they can swim if they ever need to
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngtumblr_ozt2q91f2f1w8xkufo4_250.pngtumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
@lopika

Add me to the pinglist please? This sounds really fun!
@lopika

Add me to the pinglist please? This sounds really fun!
oh this exists. wild
[quote]It's summer time and the weather is hot. Does your lair have a pool, access to sea, lake, anything dragons can swim in? Do your dragons learn to swim? Are there any swimming talents? Is swimming an instinctual behavior?[/quote] Wow I'm behind on these O.O X'D Since my clan is located underground, in tunnels made of obsidian, there are occasionally underwater lakes. Dragons can cool down in those, but swimming isn't a popular event in the Darkborn. Guardian dragons are the best swimmers. Dragons with silks, such as Glacier and Charoite, don't swim much. If they do, they make sure to take off their apparel first.
Quote:

Wow I'm behind on these O.O X'D

Since my clan is located underground, in tunnels made of obsidian, there are occasionally underwater lakes. Dragons can cool down in those, but swimming isn't a popular event in the Darkborn.

Guardian dragons are the best swimmers. Dragons with silks, such as Glacier and Charoite, don't swim much. If they do, they make sure to take off their apparel first.
ink2.png 20
fr+0
[center][b]~Question of the Day~[/b][/center] [quote]It's summer time and the weather is hot. Does your lair have a pool, access to sea, lake, anything dragons can swim in? Do your dragons learn to swim? Are there any swimming talents? Is swimming an instinctual behavior?[/quote] As Ira'vighet is an Arcane Clan its home lies in the Starfall Isles which is surrounded by water. There is easy access to water that way. For that very reason all dragons are taught to swim or at least float. Some breeds are naturally more skilled at it, but for the most all dragons have a naturally instinct for how to float and swim to some extent. However, for safety reasons Ira'vighet ensures that all dragons are competent enough in the water to not drown. There are also some artificial pools. One is located in the Water Temple. This one is fairly small and is sacred as it's meant to honor the Tidelord for this reason no one enters the water for recreational reasons. Occasionally it may be used for ritual purposes or to enhance clairvoyance under extreme circumstances. There are recreational pools as well though. Some ponds and lakes exist in the Starwood as well. There are no particularly notable swimmers at the moment.
~Question of the Day~
Quote:

As Ira'vighet is an Arcane Clan its home lies in the Starfall Isles which is surrounded by water. There is easy access to water that way. For that very reason all dragons are taught to swim or at least float. Some breeds are naturally more skilled at it, but for the most all dragons have a naturally instinct for how to float and swim to some extent. However, for safety reasons Ira'vighet ensures that all dragons are competent enough in the water to not drown.

There are also some artificial pools. One is located in the Water Temple. This one is fairly small and is sacred as it's meant to honor the Tidelord for this reason no one enters the water for recreational reasons. Occasionally it may be used for ritual purposes or to enhance clairvoyance under extreme circumstances. There are recreational pools as well though. Some ponds and lakes exist in the Starwood as well.

There are no particularly notable swimmers at the moment.
78MhYKy.pngWiki-wordmark.png78MhYKy.png
~Question of the Day~

Quote:
Are there any phylosophers in your clan? A great guru maybe? A spiritual leader/master? Do they worship the 11 gods, do they worship old or new gods? Do they believe in the purpose of life or everything making something whole?

@Sevesh @Manidrake @Killunia @InkyBrush @RainbowRay @Xypress @colorsoutofspace @ShikoRae @Lunarwing @Erisna @TimelordSnowy @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @bellzan @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @dragonowl21 @Moonwater @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai @Rainbowbuttz @Aftershock @After @HowlingGale @Nightvaled @Fantelle @Alvis @Leopardmask @mochimajuru @SpadesSpiral @Regenherz @MutantCanuck @Empee @JackSpicer @ArchSerpent @Lummox @BoomBreeze @dariiksnake @awaicu @ashnick @Lytic @Kaitorubel @Kogoruhn @Argonaut @BlackSherruk @eggod @Kassiel @Kururin @Dhay @SpiritualSun @Edra @Bluwviolet01 @roachchoir @Rexcaliburr @Eeyorelvr @Nix4 @Blizoria @Heeroku @Elsewhere @VoxxVoleur @snowjaguar @sheriarty @ryoubakura @Temreki @Frillshark @Seiryuu @Tox @Warriorgirl1234 @Erisaga @shortkeike @DragonWolfie @Deathwolf555 @TheLadyJai @Cyberstrike @ArtyCat @secretwaffle @Lomedraug @Kaisen @MischiefSword @VeiledOverdose @sh33pskin @dogsword @HeartThief @elfin @otakuderp13 @Azeryx @PhoenixMiko @CityTurtle @Leenanishere @pseudovum @Siennia @Lorde @Evolution2 @interestingword @Emordnilap @SpaceErase @neptunianjenny @CatkinStarchild @toxipraline @Zhar @Almaren @cherryy @zoroarkstar @Ezmara @strawberrrylips @birchnoakatsuki @Toonetta @Doki @SkyWishes21

Weekends: @lunaala
~Question of the Day~

Quote:
Are there any phylosophers in your clan? A great guru maybe? A spiritual leader/master? Do they worship the 11 gods, do they worship old or new gods? Do they believe in the purpose of life or everything making something whole?

@Sevesh @Manidrake @Killunia @InkyBrush @RainbowRay @Xypress @colorsoutofspace @ShikoRae @Lunarwing @Erisna @TimelordSnowy @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @bellzan @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @dragonowl21 @Moonwater @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai @Rainbowbuttz @Aftershock @After @HowlingGale @Nightvaled @Fantelle @Alvis @Leopardmask @mochimajuru @SpadesSpiral @Regenherz @MutantCanuck @Empee @JackSpicer @ArchSerpent @Lummox @BoomBreeze @dariiksnake @awaicu @ashnick @Lytic @Kaitorubel @Kogoruhn @Argonaut @BlackSherruk @eggod @Kassiel @Kururin @Dhay @SpiritualSun @Edra @Bluwviolet01 @roachchoir @Rexcaliburr @Eeyorelvr @Nix4 @Blizoria @Heeroku @Elsewhere @VoxxVoleur @snowjaguar @sheriarty @ryoubakura @Temreki @Frillshark @Seiryuu @Tox @Warriorgirl1234 @Erisaga @shortkeike @DragonWolfie @Deathwolf555 @TheLadyJai @Cyberstrike @ArtyCat @secretwaffle @Lomedraug @Kaisen @MischiefSword @VeiledOverdose @sh33pskin @dogsword @HeartThief @elfin @otakuderp13 @Azeryx @PhoenixMiko @CityTurtle @Leenanishere @pseudovum @Siennia @Lorde @Evolution2 @interestingword @Emordnilap @SpaceErase @neptunianjenny @CatkinStarchild @toxipraline @Zhar @Almaren @cherryy @zoroarkstar @Ezmara @strawberrrylips @birchnoakatsuki @Toonetta @Doki @SkyWishes21

Weekends: @lunaala
For centered view 0gjOTSO.gif Adopts: SpiralBusts P9G7630.png
[center][quote]Are there any philosophers in your clan? A great guru maybe? A spiritual leader/master? Do they worship the 11 gods, do they worship old or new gods? Do they believe in the purpose of life or everything making something whole?[/quote] No, not really. The only dragons who partially worship the gods are the Flight Reps. We essentially believe that everything is fate. (I've next to no clan lore for this, so I don't have much to say.)
Quote:
Are there any philosophers in your clan? A great guru maybe? A spiritual leader/master? Do they worship the 11 gods, do they worship old or new gods? Do they believe in the purpose of life or everything making something whole?

No, not really. The only dragons who partially worship the gods are the Flight Reps.
We essentially believe that everything is fate.

(I've next to no clan lore for this, so I don't have much to say.)

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
@lopkia Could I please be added to the pinglist :D [quote]Are there any philosophers in your clan? A great guru maybe? A spiritual leader/master? Do they worship the 11 gods, do they worship old or new gods? Do they believe in the purpose of life or everything making something whole?[/quote] The flight reps have deep respect for the gods, but Bloodwing in particular is crazy for the Shadowbinder. There is also Shin, who is a soothsayer, an oracle of sorts, for the clan. He speaks on behalf of the might gods.'. That's about it, for now.
@lopkia Could I please be added to the pinglist :D
Quote:
Are there any philosophers in your clan? A great guru maybe? A spiritual leader/master? Do they worship the 11 gods, do they worship old or new gods? Do they believe in the purpose of life or everything making something whole?

The flight reps have deep respect for the gods, but Bloodwing in particular is crazy for the Shadowbinder. There is also Shin, who is a soothsayer, an oracle of sorts, for the clan. He speaks on behalf of the might gods.'. That's about it, for now.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Stained Glass Adopts
[quote]It's summer time and the weather is hot. Does your lair have a pool, access to sea, lake, anything dragons can swim in? Do your dragons learn to swim? Are there any swimming talents? Is swimming an instinctual behavior?[/quote] I didn't get a chance to answer yesterday, and I don't have much to say about today's, so I'm doing swimming. My clan lives primarily on a mountain, but it's situated near the crystal pools. A couple of my water dragons live down at the beach, and hatchlings love to come down there to swim. Over the summer, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=137005&tab=dragon&did=23137046]Libellule[/url] teaches the young dragons to swim.
Quote:

I didn't get a chance to answer yesterday, and I don't have much to say about today's, so I'm doing swimming.

My clan lives primarily on a mountain, but it's situated near the crystal pools. A couple of my water dragons live down at the beach, and hatchlings love to come down there to swim. Over the summer, Libellule teaches the young dragons to swim.
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 417 418