Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Old Dragon Collectors Association
1 2 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 750 751
So do I post a picture of my older dragons
So do I post a picture of my older dragons
Hi :T.
I Re read some of my old messages from long ago and it made me cringe...
Two more older bubbies gone to Dominance :(
Still not bad though, over 6,000 dragons exalted and a total of 6 had six digit ID#s, none had less.

Idk why I'm keeping track of this lol

In honor...
Jugan
Shemshy

@Rangiku
Welcome! :D
Wow, that WC is so pretty and soooo old! I don't think the tert is so bad at all. Def coulda been worse considering the risk of scattering haha. That's what Spines is for, right? (although Belly prob wouldn't be terrible depending on the genes?)

As for her value, I'm not entirely sure. She's certainly valuable just considering she's a 4 digit. A few recent auctions for dragons that age that were all basic plentiful breeds were going for between 2-5k in gems, so I can only assume a WC would fetch more.

@Silver7777
Yeah, if you want to! :D
Two more older bubbies gone to Dominance :(
Still not bad though, over 6,000 dragons exalted and a total of 6 had six digit ID#s, none had less.

Idk why I'm keeping track of this lol

In honor...
Jugan
Shemshy

@Rangiku
Welcome! :D
Wow, that WC is so pretty and soooo old! I don't think the tert is so bad at all. Def coulda been worse considering the risk of scattering haha. That's what Spines is for, right? (although Belly prob wouldn't be terrible depending on the genes?)

As for her value, I'm not entirely sure. She's certainly valuable just considering she's a 4 digit. A few recent auctions for dragons that age that were all basic plentiful breeds were going for between 2-5k in gems, so I can only assume a WC would fetch more.

@Silver7777
Yeah, if you want to! :D
6Sx7SSv.png
I thought I might come here to show off my oldie and also ask for some advice [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=185357] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1854/185357_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Ambrosia, ID# 185357. She was born July 17 of 2013 and she's a 1st gen! No idea how I acquired her, I got her around the same time I joined the site. I gened her myself, but I've found myself disliking how she looks more and more. I love her dearly because I have a lot of clan lore associated with her, but she's just....not the right palette for me. So, to everyone here, should I give her different genes or scatter scroll her? She doesn't breed anymore except in extreme occasions so I'm not too worried about hatchlings, but she is quite the prim and proper dragon, and I'd hate for her to end up looking worse (especially with Ripple being a kind of hit or miss)
I thought I might come here to show off my oldie and also ask for some advice

185357_350.png

This is Ambrosia, ID# 185357. She was born July 17 of 2013 and she's a 1st gen! No idea how I acquired her, I got her around the same time I joined the site. I gened her myself, but I've found myself disliking how she looks more and more. I love her dearly because I have a lot of clan lore associated with her, but she's just....not the right palette for me.

So, to everyone here, should I give her different genes or scatter scroll her? She doesn't breed anymore except in extreme occasions so I'm not too worried about hatchlings, but she is quite the prim and proper dragon, and I'd hate for her to end up looking worse (especially with Ripple being a kind of hit or miss)
hqJ7HMJ.jpg
@cooneyms

Thanks! Great to be here. :D

I plan to cryface her. I was thinking along the lines of Spines as well since it helps with really bad terts. And considering this combo, this is where Spines really comes in.

Really though? And that is just dealing with age and not the ID? I mean, granted she's almost as old as the site is. But wow for just common breeds at that much, I can only imagine how much she'd net. I'd say at least possibly 10kg +. Not that I want to sell her anyway haha. I'd only do that if I leave FR. P:
@cooneyms

Thanks! Great to be here. :D

I plan to cryface her. I was thinking along the lines of Spines as well since it helps with really bad terts. And considering this combo, this is where Spines really comes in.

Really though? And that is just dealing with age and not the ID? I mean, granted she's almost as old as the site is. But wow for just common breeds at that much, I can only imagine how much she'd net. I'd say at least possibly 10kg +. Not that I want to sell her anyway haha. I'd only do that if I leave FR. P:
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@Rangiku
Thats considering the ID#, which is what most people pay attention to (unless someone is looking for a specific date, of course, but hatchdates in general aren't as important as ID).

It's also notable that she was scrolled into a WC, not born that way. It adds some history and charm. Her scatter history is also neat too. These things might add to an old dragon's value.

The unnamed exalt in her offspring list is unfortunate and might detract from her value but idk how much.

Idk if 10kG is an accurate value but at her current colors it might be possible depending on the buyer. If she were my dragon and I was going to auction her, I would start bids at 5k gems and see where it went from there. That's with the dragon as-is. Once you add genes her value would stay the same most likely since it's no guarentee the buyer will want what you gave her.
@Rangiku
Thats considering the ID#, which is what most people pay attention to (unless someone is looking for a specific date, of course, but hatchdates in general aren't as important as ID).

It's also notable that she was scrolled into a WC, not born that way. It adds some history and charm. Her scatter history is also neat too. These things might add to an old dragon's value.

The unnamed exalt in her offspring list is unfortunate and might detract from her value but idk how much.

Idk if 10kG is an accurate value but at her current colors it might be possible depending on the buyer. If she were my dragon and I was going to auction her, I would start bids at 5k gems and see where it went from there. That's with the dragon as-is. Once you add genes her value would stay the same most likely since it's no guarentee the buyer will want what you gave her.
6Sx7SSv.png
@cooneyms

Yeah I did happen to notice one of the unnamed offspring, but sadly, there isn't much that can be done. Never understood why people make such a huge ordeal over it since well... Unless you name the babies before selling, once brought, you can't change what the buyer does with them. Personally I could careless if they're named or not lol

Though it's a shame she's not G1. I understand those are like a Holy Grail type thing. Being G2 isn't too horribly bad since I've seen they're also kinda limited. Also finding anything old like her unbred I also understand is another Holy Grail, but even then, she wasn't bred as much as some of the other lower digits I've seen recently. If I am not mistaken, four digits are kinda hard to come by.

That's why I felt the tert was a bit, unfortunate. :/ I am on the fence with scattering again as I could possibly get better colors, but then again, they could be something terribly worse. People can see what the prior four attempts were. D:

I've debated doing an interest check /just/ to see what offers I'd get. With genes or without. Most of the time, I've seen G1's manage to sell with genes and fetch a pretty penny. But then again, I guess the buyers either just like the genes, are lazy and don't have to gene them or both haha. But she could possibly go for a lot as I've seen certain triple colored G1's go for well over 20kg.

Even so, I say I am fortunate to actually have this little cutie in my lair. XD
@cooneyms

Yeah I did happen to notice one of the unnamed offspring, but sadly, there isn't much that can be done. Never understood why people make such a huge ordeal over it since well... Unless you name the babies before selling, once brought, you can't change what the buyer does with them. Personally I could careless if they're named or not lol

Though it's a shame she's not G1. I understand those are like a Holy Grail type thing. Being G2 isn't too horribly bad since I've seen they're also kinda limited. Also finding anything old like her unbred I also understand is another Holy Grail, but even then, she wasn't bred as much as some of the other lower digits I've seen recently. If I am not mistaken, four digits are kinda hard to come by.

That's why I felt the tert was a bit, unfortunate. :/ I am on the fence with scattering again as I could possibly get better colors, but then again, they could be something terribly worse. People can see what the prior four attempts were. D:

I've debated doing an interest check /just/ to see what offers I'd get. With genes or without. Most of the time, I've seen G1's manage to sell with genes and fetch a pretty penny. But then again, I guess the buyers either just like the genes, are lazy and don't have to gene them or both haha. But she could possibly go for a lot as I've seen certain triple colored G1's go for well over 20kg.

Even so, I say I am fortunate to actually have this little cutie in my lair. XD
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@Rangiku

Well there's only one unnamed so it's not terrible. It's mostly an aethetic thing I think, and frustrating when hitting the randomizer is so easy. For me personally, unnamed exalts aren't a dealbreaker unless all or close to all offspring are exalted unnamed. If the dragon is perfect for me in every other way, I can certainly overlook something like that. Some peolple are pickier about it than others.

I actually like Gen 2s better than Gen 1s! I like lineage haha.
But yes, 4 digits are very hard to come by in general since so many have been exalted or are in dead accounts. And 4 digit Gen 1s are so hard for us collectors to buy since lots of them are progens and can't leave home. Same with 3 digits, but rarer.
There have been more 4 digit sales happening in the past couple months than ever since the old dragon market has grown with the ODCA.

If the tert bothers you too much, you could certainly scatter again! Or just play with her genes more. I agree Charcoal wouldn't look great with her Primary and Secondary as CryFace but maybe other gene combos would look nicer with it. I guess it depends if you love her current purple-ranges too.

I'd say you're very lucky to have her too! I don't have any 4 digits myself (can't afford them!) but boy do I want one haha.

If you do an interest check and actually ping people to a sales thread, just make sure you're willing to sell first. It sucks to make offers on a dragon that isn't even for sale. If you want second opinions on her value (second opinions are always helpful!), I bet some people here can help!

I'll ping @Stormflight @TheSunTheGodsSaw @junipa @demonpunk
because I've seen them active in auctions lately. Hey guys, do you have an opinion on the value of the 4 digit WC in question? :D
@Rangiku

Well there's only one unnamed so it's not terrible. It's mostly an aethetic thing I think, and frustrating when hitting the randomizer is so easy. For me personally, unnamed exalts aren't a dealbreaker unless all or close to all offspring are exalted unnamed. If the dragon is perfect for me in every other way, I can certainly overlook something like that. Some peolple are pickier about it than others.

I actually like Gen 2s better than Gen 1s! I like lineage haha.
But yes, 4 digits are very hard to come by in general since so many have been exalted or are in dead accounts. And 4 digit Gen 1s are so hard for us collectors to buy since lots of them are progens and can't leave home. Same with 3 digits, but rarer.
There have been more 4 digit sales happening in the past couple months than ever since the old dragon market has grown with the ODCA.

If the tert bothers you too much, you could certainly scatter again! Or just play with her genes more. I agree Charcoal wouldn't look great with her Primary and Secondary as CryFace but maybe other gene combos would look nicer with it. I guess it depends if you love her current purple-ranges too.

I'd say you're very lucky to have her too! I don't have any 4 digits myself (can't afford them!) but boy do I want one haha.

If you do an interest check and actually ping people to a sales thread, just make sure you're willing to sell first. It sucks to make offers on a dragon that isn't even for sale. If you want second opinions on her value (second opinions are always helpful!), I bet some people here can help!

I'll ping @Stormflight @TheSunTheGodsSaw @junipa @demonpunk
because I've seen them active in auctions lately. Hey guys, do you have an opinion on the value of the 4 digit WC in question? :D
6Sx7SSv.png
@cooneyms @rangiku i own... i think four or five 4-digits and probably about 10 5-digits; i bought almost all of them as scatter projects! don't worry too much if you don't find a perfect scatter on the first try. that said, like, an embarrassing percentage of my profits on fr go directly into scatterscrolls and there are dragons i've scattered upwards of 30 times so probably i'm not the best example to follow.

anyway in terms of pricing, most of my 4-digits were somewhere between 3k and 5k gems; i paid 3kg + 500kT for my oldest dragon, but that was having directly contacted the owner (ie, not in auction), and i thiiiink i've paid up to like 7k gems for a dragon in auction (but i could be misremembering something)

that said, gen 1s (especially unbred gen 1s) just have a HUGE premium on them.

but four-digits in general should be going at a minimum of 3k gems; i've seen auctions starting at up to 5k gems. you could probably calculate how much money you've put into her and use that + some base price as your first asking price. anyway

this is long and rambly and doesn't really add any information other than "3-5k gems is a good starting asking price" but whatever there you go
@cooneyms @rangiku i own... i think four or five 4-digits and probably about 10 5-digits; i bought almost all of them as scatter projects! don't worry too much if you don't find a perfect scatter on the first try. that said, like, an embarrassing percentage of my profits on fr go directly into scatterscrolls and there are dragons i've scattered upwards of 30 times so probably i'm not the best example to follow.

anyway in terms of pricing, most of my 4-digits were somewhere between 3k and 5k gems; i paid 3kg + 500kT for my oldest dragon, but that was having directly contacted the owner (ie, not in auction), and i thiiiink i've paid up to like 7k gems for a dragon in auction (but i could be misremembering something)

that said, gen 1s (especially unbred gen 1s) just have a HUGE premium on them.

but four-digits in general should be going at a minimum of 3k gems; i've seen auctions starting at up to 5k gems. you could probably calculate how much money you've put into her and use that + some base price as your first asking price. anyway

this is long and rambly and doesn't really add any information other than "3-5k gems is a good starting asking price" but whatever there you go
oYd3ccR.png xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
seeking XYZ (or any double!) g1 with
coral, clay, & gloom in any order

fr +0
he/him
@Rangiku
@cooneyms

aw, I'm flattered I got pinged! @junipa said it best, though - I rarely see a 4 digit go for 3k or less (at least, in the last few months) but prices definitely vary, and around 5k seems to be average. she doesn't have a lot of babies, and that does increase her potential value to some people!

personally when I buy 4 digits, I scatter and scroll them myself - so colors and genes are irrelevant to me unless they're totally my taste. it's very expensive, haha. and although her being a wildclaw is a bonus (I love WCs, ngl) it might not raise the price much! it does depend on the buyer, but if you ping the ODCA, I'm sure there will be people interested. some don't like to change them at all, because they like the "original oldie" look.

on the topic of first generation 4 digits, I've only ever seen one auctioned since I joined this association in august! I won the auction, actually, but she didn't go for much, which was...confusing. I think it's because she had so many babies.

another thing to note if you do an auction - she is nature flight. I don't know how much people care about flights overall, but some care a lot because there are only so many 4 digits and even fewer of each flight! I'd pay a ton for an Ice flight 4 digit right now. *sighs longingly*

anyway - if you sell her, good luck!!
@Rangiku
@cooneyms

aw, I'm flattered I got pinged! @junipa said it best, though - I rarely see a 4 digit go for 3k or less (at least, in the last few months) but prices definitely vary, and around 5k seems to be average. she doesn't have a lot of babies, and that does increase her potential value to some people!

personally when I buy 4 digits, I scatter and scroll them myself - so colors and genes are irrelevant to me unless they're totally my taste. it's very expensive, haha. and although her being a wildclaw is a bonus (I love WCs, ngl) it might not raise the price much! it does depend on the buyer, but if you ping the ODCA, I'm sure there will be people interested. some don't like to change them at all, because they like the "original oldie" look.

on the topic of first generation 4 digits, I've only ever seen one auctioned since I joined this association in august! I won the auction, actually, but she didn't go for much, which was...confusing. I think it's because she had so many babies.

another thing to note if you do an auction - she is nature flight. I don't know how much people care about flights overall, but some care a lot because there are only so many 4 digits and even fewer of each flight! I'd pay a ton for an Ice flight 4 digit right now. *sighs longingly*

anyway - if you sell her, good luck!!
My skin and accent shop! And my ART SHOP! Commission me!!

Looking for: First Gen Imperial - name your price.
@Rangiku @cooneyms

I mean, it's been said already, but pricing is a bit harder since there are few 4-digits even around to get sold in the first place and because pricing is so subjective. Some of it I think is luck--if you decide to auction her off right after a festival, for example, a lot of people probably won't have as much money as usual to spend. It's also good to try not to auction off a dragon when there are other big ticket auctions going on (I wouldn't try to auction her off at the same time that another 4-digit auction is going on, for example, since you and the other person would be competing for potential buyers).

The one-off XXY is nice along with the small offspring list (the one unnamed is unfortunate but won't ultimately affect the price that much seeing as she is a 4-digit). I actually bought my sole 4-digit dragon for a ridiculously low price by today's standards since that was a while ago at the very beginning of the old dragon craze, but I would agree with everyone else and say that 3.5k would be a good SB.
@Rangiku @cooneyms

I mean, it's been said already, but pricing is a bit harder since there are few 4-digits even around to get sold in the first place and because pricing is so subjective. Some of it I think is luck--if you decide to auction her off right after a festival, for example, a lot of people probably won't have as much money as usual to spend. It's also good to try not to auction off a dragon when there are other big ticket auctions going on (I wouldn't try to auction her off at the same time that another 4-digit auction is going on, for example, since you and the other person would be competing for potential buyers).

The one-off XXY is nice along with the small offspring list (the one unnamed is unfortunate but won't ultimately affect the price that much seeing as she is a 4-digit). I actually bought my sole 4-digit dragon for a ridiculously low price by today's standards since that was a while ago at the very beginning of the old dragon craze, but I would agree with everyone else and say that 3.5k would be a good SB.
IF7Zry6.jpg
1 2 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 750 751