Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Kingdom of Roses [Cat Dicelocke ]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19
A King And His Seer

I will be playing the Solo TTRPG, the Empress and Her Seer, throughout playing this game, while I wait for rounds to rollover.

I purchased a Tarot Deck, but while it's resting I will be using my random generator site for the first few posts.

Introductions

In the beginning, I have four questions to answer. I will only be sharing the answers to three of them, and let my journaling cat answer the fourth one through his journals.

What is the Empire's Great Virtue?

The Kingdom's mastery of the arts; it's crystalline and marble statues are well sought after in all lands in and out of the Kingdom.

What is the Empress known as?
The King is known as King Crystalheart.

Why does he love you?
At the right place, and at the right time, a prediction of mine saved his life.

What do you want?
The answer eludes you, reader.

Night One

Knight of Swords

I see a soldier rushing into battle, Metal Magic at the ready. Metal Magicians are not uncommon in the Crystalheart kingdom. This does not alarm me. What does alarm me is the lush green hills I see in the background, overflowing with flowers. The Crystalheart Kingdom rarely invades the Kingdom of Enrose, so I am unsure why we should be seeing a knight in those lands.

Perhaps it is one of those brash commanders, urging our King to take more of the Enrose land. Don't they know it will anger the King further?

I will have the King speak to his Generals tomorrow, to ensure everyone is on the same page.

There is no challenge to the King today. I pray it continues as well.
King and His Seer - Night Two

Page of Swords

Another military dream today. The King is restless, as always, and he demands answers I do not have. He is not keen on battle, so, then, why was the dream so cheerful about it?

I'm unsure of the meaning of this one; perhaps a great debate will be occurring in the military hall? That is the answer I give him, and suggest he err on the side of Squire George. The King laughed at my suggestion, of course, and unfortunately my call was incorrect. Squire George wasn't at the meeting that day.

Alas.

Challenge the King

The King is preoccupied, so only one coin will be thrown.
In the background, the real debate takes place in another room, the King unable to listen in or unaware of it happening. In doing so, his position is weakened.

There are rumors going about that the Seer fancies the Squire. The truth of that remains to be seen.
A King And His Seer

I will be playing the Solo TTRPG, the Empress and Her Seer, throughout playing this game, while I wait for rounds to rollover.

I purchased a Tarot Deck, but while it's resting I will be using my random generator site for the first few posts.

Introductions

In the beginning, I have four questions to answer. I will only be sharing the answers to three of them, and let my journaling cat answer the fourth one through his journals.

What is the Empire's Great Virtue?

The Kingdom's mastery of the arts; it's crystalline and marble statues are well sought after in all lands in and out of the Kingdom.

What is the Empress known as?
The King is known as King Crystalheart.

Why does he love you?
At the right place, and at the right time, a prediction of mine saved his life.

What do you want?
The answer eludes you, reader.

Night One

Knight of Swords

I see a soldier rushing into battle, Metal Magic at the ready. Metal Magicians are not uncommon in the Crystalheart kingdom. This does not alarm me. What does alarm me is the lush green hills I see in the background, overflowing with flowers. The Crystalheart Kingdom rarely invades the Kingdom of Enrose, so I am unsure why we should be seeing a knight in those lands.

Perhaps it is one of those brash commanders, urging our King to take more of the Enrose land. Don't they know it will anger the King further?

I will have the King speak to his Generals tomorrow, to ensure everyone is on the same page.

There is no challenge to the King today. I pray it continues as well.
King and His Seer - Night Two

Page of Swords

Another military dream today. The King is restless, as always, and he demands answers I do not have. He is not keen on battle, so, then, why was the dream so cheerful about it?

I'm unsure of the meaning of this one; perhaps a great debate will be occurring in the military hall? That is the answer I give him, and suggest he err on the side of Squire George. The King laughed at my suggestion, of course, and unfortunately my call was incorrect. Squire George wasn't at the meeting that day.

Alas.

Challenge the King

The King is preoccupied, so only one coin will be thrown.
In the background, the real debate takes place in another room, the King unable to listen in or unaware of it happening. In doing so, his position is weakened.

There are rumors going about that the Seer fancies the Squire. The truth of that remains to be seen.
King and His Seer - Night Three

My King was very cross with me this evening after the rumors spread about Squire George and I. I did my best to assuage his fears, reminding him that I am loyally bound by his side to the end of time. Nothing would keep me from straying.

Alas, he was still very cross, and I nearly didn't get to write tonight. His anger is made more frightening by his magic.

And now, his dream.

Eight of Wands

This dream was easy for me to interpret today. Eight wands, eight pilgrims, making their way to Crystalheart kingdom. Unfortunately, the King does not take kindly to them proselytizing in our Kingdom; regardless what they're here for. They bring Enrosian ideals and culture with them, and must be turned down.

I dutifully tell him nonetheless, and the pilgrims are taken care of the next day. A necessary evil to maintain the balance the King seeks.

Night Four

The king is in a foul mood. He still has yet to let the Squire George thing go. Unfortunately for the Squire, that means he's sent off to the Crimson Pits, never to be seen again. He was a fine man; the closest thing I'd get to home in this kingdom. However, I am forbidden from seeking or maintaining any relationships, so it would not have worked out in any capacity.

Poor sod though. I hope he goes quick.

The Dream

I see the King, perched upon his throne, welcoming someone. But who? I see him welcoming a friend, no, a friend in disguise. A spy disguised as a friend, that's the phrase I'm looking for. It's hard to make out, but I see him shaking paws with...a cream colored fellow? Yes, I'm quite sure of it.

I pass this information on to the King, and that's all I can do.

Challenge to the King

The King is forewarned and forearmed.

He rolls one out of two heads.

Alas, the King reveals a bit too hastily that he knew all along that his cat was a spy. True though my predictions were, he was hasty in his eagerness to boast about the properties of his Seer. Something I wouldn't like for him to continue, as it paints quite the nasty target on my back.

But the King can do as he'd like. That is, after all, why he's the King, and I am but his humble Seer. I do wish he'd stop boasting about me like I'm the best cat in the land. I wouldn't wish this job on anyone.
King and His Seer - Night Three

My King was very cross with me this evening after the rumors spread about Squire George and I. I did my best to assuage his fears, reminding him that I am loyally bound by his side to the end of time. Nothing would keep me from straying.

Alas, he was still very cross, and I nearly didn't get to write tonight. His anger is made more frightening by his magic.

And now, his dream.

Eight of Wands

This dream was easy for me to interpret today. Eight wands, eight pilgrims, making their way to Crystalheart kingdom. Unfortunately, the King does not take kindly to them proselytizing in our Kingdom; regardless what they're here for. They bring Enrosian ideals and culture with them, and must be turned down.

I dutifully tell him nonetheless, and the pilgrims are taken care of the next day. A necessary evil to maintain the balance the King seeks.

Night Four

The king is in a foul mood. He still has yet to let the Squire George thing go. Unfortunately for the Squire, that means he's sent off to the Crimson Pits, never to be seen again. He was a fine man; the closest thing I'd get to home in this kingdom. However, I am forbidden from seeking or maintaining any relationships, so it would not have worked out in any capacity.

Poor sod though. I hope he goes quick.

The Dream

I see the King, perched upon his throne, welcoming someone. But who? I see him welcoming a friend, no, a friend in disguise. A spy disguised as a friend, that's the phrase I'm looking for. It's hard to make out, but I see him shaking paws with...a cream colored fellow? Yes, I'm quite sure of it.

I pass this information on to the King, and that's all I can do.

Challenge to the King

The King is forewarned and forearmed.

He rolls one out of two heads.

Alas, the King reveals a bit too hastily that he knew all along that his cat was a spy. True though my predictions were, he was hasty in his eagerness to boast about the properties of his Seer. Something I wouldn't like for him to continue, as it paints quite the nasty target on my back.

But the King can do as he'd like. That is, after all, why he's the King, and I am but his humble Seer. I do wish he'd stop boasting about me like I'm the best cat in the land. I wouldn't wish this job on anyone.
King and His Seer - Night Five

The King thought it fitting to rub my nose into the fact Squire George is gone, and to be honest, I'm growing tired of it. He worked me up quite a bit and was only satisfied when I shed a few tears to the man, and then he finally felt satisfied enough to sleep.

It is in these moments I am reminded why Enrosians are not allowed within the borders, lest they grow deadly nightshade and feed it to citizens in the castle walls.

I am not a Plant cat; those, too, are forbidden inside the walls of the Kingdom. Those who do practice it do so discreetly, lest they too wish to join Squire George.

Knight of Swords

The same dream again, still of a cat running into battle. We are still advancing upon Enrosians, and again I wonder why. I do not read much into it, and give my King his scry. He takes it to his board of Generals, and they promise to not make plans to attack the Kingdom.

Challenge

Two heads -

The King rightfully calls out those who are whispering amongst themselves after the battle, and he has them both sent to the Crimson Pits. Dissention is finally gotten rid of, and we can all rest easy knowing our righteous, flawless King, is ruling over us all.

Night Six

Four of Wands

With all settled, I do believe this means that the Kingdom will be seeing an age of prosperity again. I see a celebration in the honor of our righteous King coming in the next few moons, and who wouldn't want to celebrate such a benevolent ruler such as Crystalheart?

I, of course, will be excluded from the activities. It is not the Seer's place to be in the public spotlight, not least of which for both my magic's sake, and my lineage. It is far better that I watch from my secluded window.

If only I had been born a Plant Storkatten.
King and His Seer - Night Five

The King thought it fitting to rub my nose into the fact Squire George is gone, and to be honest, I'm growing tired of it. He worked me up quite a bit and was only satisfied when I shed a few tears to the man, and then he finally felt satisfied enough to sleep.

It is in these moments I am reminded why Enrosians are not allowed within the borders, lest they grow deadly nightshade and feed it to citizens in the castle walls.

I am not a Plant cat; those, too, are forbidden inside the walls of the Kingdom. Those who do practice it do so discreetly, lest they too wish to join Squire George.

Knight of Swords

The same dream again, still of a cat running into battle. We are still advancing upon Enrosians, and again I wonder why. I do not read much into it, and give my King his scry. He takes it to his board of Generals, and they promise to not make plans to attack the Kingdom.

Challenge

Two heads -

The King rightfully calls out those who are whispering amongst themselves after the battle, and he has them both sent to the Crimson Pits. Dissention is finally gotten rid of, and we can all rest easy knowing our righteous, flawless King, is ruling over us all.

Night Six

Four of Wands

With all settled, I do believe this means that the Kingdom will be seeing an age of prosperity again. I see a celebration in the honor of our righteous King coming in the next few moons, and who wouldn't want to celebrate such a benevolent ruler such as Crystalheart?

I, of course, will be excluded from the activities. It is not the Seer's place to be in the public spotlight, not least of which for both my magic's sake, and my lineage. It is far better that I watch from my secluded window.

If only I had been born a Plant Storkatten.
King and His Seer - Night Seven

It was during today, while spending time with the King, that I remembered one of the virtues I have being an Arcane Storkatten. We were blessed with the gift of magical scholarhood; with any luck, and any dedication, I should be able to learn anything I set my mind to.

Of course, those thoughts were overshadowed largely by the King, talking about his virtues and how they should be extolled and written down.

Therefore, I am writing them here.

He is very kind and generous, for unlike that pesky King Enrose, he keeps his citizens safe from nasty thoughts and ne'erdowells from other Kingdoms.
He is a very thoughtful king, putting hours into thinking about how to best command his subjects for their own good.
He is a very handsome king. No one else in these lands can say they have a King as beautiful and as gorgeous as his Crystalheartedness.

Seven of Wands

I see many things. Many peasants coming together to cry out about how wonderful his magnificence is. They're gathered in a field with plenty of things to cry about. I pass on the information, and the King goes to it.

Challenge

The king arrives, however he brings his generals with him to show off. It is a good thing he did so, as the peasants raised their arms and voices not for joy and love of him, but for anger. The King isn't sure why they'd be angry, but he silences them, nonetheless.

The King's armor weakens as he suppresses the voices of the oppressed in his kingdom.
King and His Seer - Night Seven

It was during today, while spending time with the King, that I remembered one of the virtues I have being an Arcane Storkatten. We were blessed with the gift of magical scholarhood; with any luck, and any dedication, I should be able to learn anything I set my mind to.

Of course, those thoughts were overshadowed largely by the King, talking about his virtues and how they should be extolled and written down.

Therefore, I am writing them here.

He is very kind and generous, for unlike that pesky King Enrose, he keeps his citizens safe from nasty thoughts and ne'erdowells from other Kingdoms.
He is a very thoughtful king, putting hours into thinking about how to best command his subjects for their own good.
He is a very handsome king. No one else in these lands can say they have a King as beautiful and as gorgeous as his Crystalheartedness.

Seven of Wands

I see many things. Many peasants coming together to cry out about how wonderful his magnificence is. They're gathered in a field with plenty of things to cry about. I pass on the information, and the King goes to it.

Challenge

The king arrives, however he brings his generals with him to show off. It is a good thing he did so, as the peasants raised their arms and voices not for joy and love of him, but for anger. The King isn't sure why they'd be angry, but he silences them, nonetheless.

The King's armor weakens as he suppresses the voices of the oppressed in his kingdom.
Moon 66
Starvation is still being waived

Recruitment:
Site's down, so no new kitties today!

Drama

1. Big mistake. Somebody misread the directions. Three random cats attempt to break into the lair of the Death Paragon instead of some other random chump's colony. They're lost to the tar pits, never to be seen again. Exalt!

Wisp, Tiana [ See note ], and Noelle are poisoned.

Tiana has plot armor and therefore doesn't die.
Noelle loses a life after not passing her mate's protection roll.
Burning up to 5 healing charges to heal Wisp.
She fails all five. :)

Drama

15. Bad weather. It's raining lightly outside, and the Monarch isn't entirely cruel. They're too upset about it to assign missions, so everyone is spared and can go on about their business. Nothing happens.

Aka everyone's mourning the loss of Wisp that's it bottom text.

Sleuthing
Light Charges: 2
Nothing here.

Poison Charges: 4
Nothing here.

Astral Charges: 1
Nothing here.

I will see you at the next post.

Lore

Everyone suspected it, no one wanted to see it actually happen. Unfortunately, it did happen.

Wisp was found dead in her quarters, poison staining her lips.

Many tried to stir her back to life, but there was no saving what was that far gone, and the kingdom gathered to mourn her. This was, perhaps, the first time a Kingdom in these lands had actually mourned the loss of a Queen; unlike those who came before her, she was hardly cruel, and many agreed their lives were improved by her.

Ether and Enflame mourned their mother wholly and thoroughly, and Ether's burning desire to find who was doing this was only growing. Rage ignited her, and she was determined to find whoever this was and bring them to justice.

Jeremy helped coronate her into her new position, Queen Ether, and both she and him hoped her reign would be as prosperous as her mothers.
Moon 66
Starvation is still being waived

Recruitment:
Site's down, so no new kitties today!

Drama

1. Big mistake. Somebody misread the directions. Three random cats attempt to break into the lair of the Death Paragon instead of some other random chump's colony. They're lost to the tar pits, never to be seen again. Exalt!

Wisp, Tiana [ See note ], and Noelle are poisoned.

Tiana has plot armor and therefore doesn't die.
Noelle loses a life after not passing her mate's protection roll.
Burning up to 5 healing charges to heal Wisp.
She fails all five. :)

Drama

15. Bad weather. It's raining lightly outside, and the Monarch isn't entirely cruel. They're too upset about it to assign missions, so everyone is spared and can go on about their business. Nothing happens.

Aka everyone's mourning the loss of Wisp that's it bottom text.

Sleuthing
Nothing here.

Nothing here.

Nothing here.

I will see you at the next post.

Lore

Everyone suspected it, no one wanted to see it actually happen. Unfortunately, it did happen.

Wisp was found dead in her quarters, poison staining her lips.

Many tried to stir her back to life, but there was no saving what was that far gone, and the kingdom gathered to mourn her. This was, perhaps, the first time a Kingdom in these lands had actually mourned the loss of a Queen; unlike those who came before her, she was hardly cruel, and many agreed their lives were improved by her.

Ether and Enflame mourned their mother wholly and thoroughly, and Ether's burning desire to find who was doing this was only growing. Rage ignited her, and she was determined to find whoever this was and bring them to justice.

Jeremy helped coronate her into her new position, Queen Ether, and both she and him hoped her reign would be as prosperous as her mothers.
Moon 67

Drama

12. Major Mission!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for Every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level.

We're gonna do this and if it gets dicey I'm using my Time Charge.
Alrighty I've returned and we lost a LOT of cats but we also leveled a ton and we didn't lose major players so I'm okay with this.

We lost Rain, Vienna, Rosa, Von, Noelle through Von, Gerald, Gecko through Gerald, Rose, Stephan, Grace, Lou-ann and Loelle our Love Twins, Sanguine our Blood Cat, Zacia and Zen (Tracer, Sombra's Sibling), and several unnamed Kits.

Drama

17. Ambushed! Another crew has cornered your soldiers and has attacked! Flip a coin. If heads, most of them manage to escape; exalt one random cat. If tails, two random cats fall during the escape and must be exalted.
Decree: Roll a d8. If you roll higher than X, cats die - flip the ambush coin like normal. If you roll at or lower to X, the Ambush coin doesn't get flipped and everyone is saved. X is equivalent to your Colony's number of Plant Storkies.

We only have one Plant Storkie. Yikers.

Didn't meet the goal.
Tails - two cats are dying.

Another unnamed kit, and Sombra, who has plot armor so no death. Neato.

Sleuthing

One Clue.

No clues.

No clues.

Poison Clue #2
From Amaranth;

"Okay, so I looked more into the poison that we found on Wisp and the two Kings-to-be, as well as the poison that was on cats we found this moon. It's all definitely the same poison - the same killer, at that. It's....weird, but, I think the cat that's making it...isn't actually a Poison cat at all? It's hard to make out, but.... while the Poison is DEFINITELY strong, it's got a strange taste to it - like it was made by a cat that wasn't a Poison-born."

Moon 67

Drama

12. Major Mission!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for Every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level.

We're gonna do this and if it gets dicey I'm using my Time Charge.
Alrighty I've returned and we lost a LOT of cats but we also leveled a ton and we didn't lose major players so I'm okay with this.

We lost Rain, Vienna, Rosa, Von, Noelle through Von, Gerald, Gecko through Gerald, Rose, Stephan, Grace, Lou-ann and Loelle our Love Twins, Sanguine our Blood Cat, Zacia and Zen (Tracer, Sombra's Sibling), and several unnamed Kits.

Drama

17. Ambushed! Another crew has cornered your soldiers and has attacked! Flip a coin. If heads, most of them manage to escape; exalt one random cat. If tails, two random cats fall during the escape and must be exalted.
Decree: Roll a d8. If you roll higher than X, cats die - flip the ambush coin like normal. If you roll at or lower to X, the Ambush coin doesn't get flipped and everyone is saved. X is equivalent to your Colony's number of Plant Storkies.

We only have one Plant Storkie. Yikers.

Didn't meet the goal.
Tails - two cats are dying.

Another unnamed kit, and Sombra, who has plot armor so no death. Neato.

Sleuthing

One Clue.

No clues.

No clues.

Poison Clue #2
From Amaranth;

"Okay, so I looked more into the poison that we found on Wisp and the two Kings-to-be, as well as the poison that was on cats we found this moon. It's all definitely the same poison - the same killer, at that. It's....weird, but, I think the cat that's making it...isn't actually a Poison cat at all? It's hard to make out, but.... while the Poison is DEFINITELY strong, it's got a strange taste to it - like it was made by a cat that wasn't a Poison-born."

@kiwipen

Hello! I've been following this project for a while, and it's inspired me to do my own roleplay fodderlocke! It's called Sky's the Limit, and it's about winged cats that have banded together. I hope it's not too similar to A Kingdom of Roses.

I just wanted to say thank you for inspiring me! I love what you've done with this project of yours, and I'm eagerly awaiting what happens next.
@kiwipen

Hello! I've been following this project for a while, and it's inspired me to do my own roleplay fodderlocke! It's called Sky's the Limit, and it's about winged cats that have banded together. I hope it's not too similar to A Kingdom of Roses.

I just wanted to say thank you for inspiring me! I love what you've done with this project of yours, and I'm eagerly awaiting what happens next.
Qef5UlF.png
nl5keoc.png
pIlgc2u.png
1j6wDhn.png
d3OF3Gw.png
jA5A7gu.png
sy6UFIv.png
E3nmoMt.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
wZRY6Cl.gif 3a12fd70-a45a-45bb-93c0-0a24c3ae9dd2.jpg
@Continlula
Thank you so much for telling me that you've been following and enjoying, and I'm beyond honored you are inspired by my work enough to start your own. It's totally fine if it is similar to Kingdom of Roses, I'll be sure to follow yours too. I look forward to seeing what your winged kitties get up to, and I might take some inspiration from yours in rewording some of my rules because man are they a mouthful and summed up better with your words haha.
@Continlula
Thank you so much for telling me that you've been following and enjoying, and I'm beyond honored you are inspired by my work enough to start your own. It's totally fine if it is similar to Kingdom of Roses, I'll be sure to follow yours too. I look forward to seeing what your winged kitties get up to, and I might take some inspiration from yours in rewording some of my rules because man are they a mouthful and summed up better with your words haha.
Moon 68

Recruitment: I can keep two.

Your cat's base coat is Grullo with Varnish Roan, King Cheetah, and Sabino. It's magic is Fungal
Your cat's base coat is Grullo with Med White. It's magic is Plants. Their extra trait is Scars

Another set of near twins.

Drama

Helios, Mort (loses a life), and Amaranth. Thanks to the powers of being protected with plot armor, Amaranth doesn't die. Helios gets aliven'ted though.

Sleuthing

Nothing

Nothing

Nothing.

See you next turn!

Moon 68

Recruitment: I can keep two.

Your cat's base coat is Grullo with Varnish Roan, King Cheetah, and Sabino. It's magic is Fungal
Your cat's base coat is Grullo with Med White. It's magic is Plants. Their extra trait is Scars

Another set of near twins.

Drama

Helios, Mort (loses a life), and Amaranth. Thanks to the powers of being protected with plot armor, Amaranth doesn't die. Helios gets aliven'ted though.

Sleuthing

Nothing

Nothing

Nothing.

See you next turn!

Moon 69

I can keep two cats for recruitment.

Your cat's base coat is Apricot (Horse) with Varnish Roan, Mitted, and Brindle (Equine). It's magic is Lightning
Your cat's base coat is Cinnamon with Rosette Tabby. It's magic is Astral. Their extra traits are Whiskers and Longer Fur

Drama

Please not here not now. Why?

I'm staring at this 12, looking at Ether, going, 'hm.' and thinking about how there was literally a 1/12 chance for her to roll this and she got it. Thank. Goodness. For. Plot. Armor.

Eloetta, Haven (loses a life), Bat, Unnamed Plant Recruit all perish.

Sleuthing

Nothing.

Nothing.

Astral Charges: 2
Nothing.

The dice are not being friendly today.

Moon 69

I can keep two cats for recruitment.

Your cat's base coat is Apricot (Horse) with Varnish Roan, Mitted, and Brindle (Equine). It's magic is Lightning
Your cat's base coat is Cinnamon with Rosette Tabby. It's magic is Astral. Their extra traits are Whiskers and Longer Fur

Drama

Please not here not now. Why?

I'm staring at this 12, looking at Ether, going, 'hm.' and thinking about how there was literally a 1/12 chance for her to roll this and she got it. Thank. Goodness. For. Plot. Armor.

Eloetta, Haven (loses a life), Bat, Unnamed Plant Recruit all perish.

Sleuthing

Nothing.

Nothing.

Astral Charges: 2
Nothing.

The dice are not being friendly today.

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19