Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Kingdom of Roses [Cat Dicelocke ]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19
Moon 57

Hunger Check

No hunger this moon.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Champagne with Flecking and Blanket Appaloosa. It's magic is Earth. Their extra traits are Blindness, Wing, and Missing Limb

Project Progress

15% progress, so 81% total.

Drama

Using a Light charge to make my 19 a 20.

20. Loyal servants serving the Monarch. The Kingdom's getting loyal. Wicked loyal. Three random cats are now SO loyal and impressive that they forgot how to die - or at least, the Monarch forgets to have them dealt with. If any of them would, for any reason, be exalted, they now simply...don’t do that. But only once. Treat this as an “extra life” of sorts.

Haven, Vienna, and Noelle gain extra lives.

Not testing my luck with a second drama roll.

Lore

"Here, just, sit with me. I'll get your prey."

"Thank you, Zeus."

The Time cat was hurriedly fluttering about, getting prey for his companion; the ethereal Vienna. The winged Earth Storkie was, well, blind, and she'd nearly walked into bramble patches more than he'd cared for. Small acts of his magic allowed him to mildly adjust her step so she wouldn't do that again, and now he was doting on and worrying about her.

He drops a piece of prey to her paws, and guides her to it. She laughs, thanks him, and eats, and he drapes a tail around her.

From across the clearing, the shell of the cat Stephan was stares at the two. That could be him and Oakheart. Could have been, anyway, if fate wasn't so unkind as to rip his friend him.

He picked up his lute, and began to play yet another one of his sad tunes. Too many cats here could resonate well with his lyrics of loss, mourning, and sadness.
Moon 57

Hunger Check

No hunger this moon.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Champagne with Flecking and Blanket Appaloosa. It's magic is Earth. Their extra traits are Blindness, Wing, and Missing Limb

Project Progress

15% progress, so 81% total.

Drama

Using a Light charge to make my 19 a 20.

20. Loyal servants serving the Monarch. The Kingdom's getting loyal. Wicked loyal. Three random cats are now SO loyal and impressive that they forgot how to die - or at least, the Monarch forgets to have them dealt with. If any of them would, for any reason, be exalted, they now simply...don’t do that. But only once. Treat this as an “extra life” of sorts.

Haven, Vienna, and Noelle gain extra lives.

Not testing my luck with a second drama roll.

Lore

"Here, just, sit with me. I'll get your prey."

"Thank you, Zeus."

The Time cat was hurriedly fluttering about, getting prey for his companion; the ethereal Vienna. The winged Earth Storkie was, well, blind, and she'd nearly walked into bramble patches more than he'd cared for. Small acts of his magic allowed him to mildly adjust her step so she wouldn't do that again, and now he was doting on and worrying about her.

He drops a piece of prey to her paws, and guides her to it. She laughs, thanks him, and eats, and he drapes a tail around her.

From across the clearing, the shell of the cat Stephan was stares at the two. That could be him and Oakheart. Could have been, anyway, if fate wasn't so unkind as to rip his friend him.

He picked up his lute, and began to play yet another one of his sad tunes. Too many cats here could resonate well with his lyrics of loss, mourning, and sadness.
Filler Episode 57.1

[CW: Manipulation, Mother and Daughter Discussions of Emotions, Varying Degrees of Emotional Distress, Mentions of Loveless Marriages, Mentions of Marrying for Political Reasons ]

"You."

Wisp didn't seem to respond when Ether walked up behind her, and the white cat by her side hardly noticed the approaching stranger. However, when Ether raised her voice, he glanced, and was surprised to see her staring right into his eyes.

"Who are you?"

"Hmm?" Curious. No one was supposed to be able to see him. Other than Wisp, of course, and his vessel, but they weren't being used right now. "Are you speaking to me?"

"Of course I'm speaking to you. Who the hell are you, and what are you doing with my mom? Look at you, you've ... been with her for moons, and I've seen her get more and more like...like a ghost."

"Oh, this?" The pale stranger pats Wisp's back, and the she-cat doesn't even respond. She almost seems catatonic. "I hardly did anything at all, she's done most of this herself."

"But who are you?" Ether presses, curling her lip in disgust. "I don't recall you joining us."

"I've always been here." He remarks, looking down at his claws, filing them, and setting them down. "And unlike you, I'll remain here, far after you die."

His words made the back of her throat burn with anger, and Ether's fur raises, a growl rising in the back of her throat.

"Ah, ah, not so fast - you wouldn't want to hurt mother dearest would you?" The cat purrs, and as he says this, Wisp shudders.

"What did you do to her?" Ether demands, pressing close and baring her teeth at him.

"I, again, have done nothing."

"Why can't she hear me, then?" Ether asks, her tail lashing in anger.

"That's not really my concern. If she wants to get so lost in her own thoughts the world is dead to her, that's her issue, not mine."

"You disgust me. You don't deserve to walk by her side." Ether snarls, and she takes a swipe at him. He dodges easily, but doesn't yet make a swipe back at her.

"So eager to fight, I'd almost say you were the Metal Storkie...but you aren't, aren't you? Just a little lion tamer." He chuckles, looking down upon her condescendingly.

"I'm more of a cat than you'll ever be, I'm sure of that!" Ether spits.

"Mmm....I heavily doubt that." He scoffs, his tone shifting from playful and condescending to cold; calloused. Something she said must have rubbed him the wrong way.

Good.

"Watch me. I'm going to wake mom up, and then I'm going to make her get rid of you. I swear."

"I'd truly love to see you try." The cat says, standing up and putting a gentle paw on Wisp's back. "What can you do, anyway? It's not like she's really attached to you all, you know. If she was, she would have held you when you cried over your dear sister's deaths....right?"

"You take that back." Ether croaks, swiping at him again, but he dodges, and her claws barely miss her mother's back.

"I will do no such thing." He laughs. "You can't get rid of me, nothing can. Not you, not your mother, not Enrose." He hums. "Now, you're starting to annoy me, so be gone with you, before you make things worse. For yourself, mind you - not me. You can't do anything to me."

"Watch me." Ether launches herself at him, but the cat laughs, disappearing into thin air and appearing behind her. Long claws rake down her back and she yowls with pain, turning and swiping him. Her claws connect - but they don't connect to him. They connect to Wisp, who only just now wakes from her catatonia.

"Hello? Who's there?" Wisp's voice is distant, haunted. Just what was on her mind?

"Mom - I'm, I'm so sorry." Ether mews, coming over to hurriedly lick the injured fur and try to clean her up. "I didn't mean to, I thought...I thought I saw something."

"It's....alright.....Ether?" Wisp glances back at Ether, and Ether's heart breaks. This is the first time she's really seen her mother up close, and all she sees in her mother's eyes are fatigue, exhaustion, and a total lack of any major assertive emotion. How long had she been like this?

"Yeah, mom, it's me." Ether says, rushing forward and pushing her head against Wisp's forehead, nuzzling into her. "It's alright, I'm here."

"Where's....the Prince....?" Wisp asks, her voice still faraway, like she isn't quite here.

"The Prince? He uh...." Ether glances around. "He's...not coming around anymore. Not for a while anyway."

"Oh.....why?" Wisp sighs. "Was I not good enough for him, too?"

Ether's heart is shattering even more hearing her mother's broken words, and she throws her arms around her.

"Hey, no, it's not like that. He, he....." Ether tries to think of a nice way to put it. "I sent him away for a bit. He may or may not be back, but hey - you still have me!" Ether says, nudging her mother's chin, trying to cheer her up. Wisp doesn't emote.

"And - and Enflame!" Ether suggests, and Wisp's gaze saddens. Ether frowns, but Wisp looks away.

"Mom, what's going on? Why are you like this? What can I do to help?" Ether feels despair welling up in her as Wisp continues to go quiet. When Ether finally can't take it anymore, Ether yells.

"Just, say something, Mom! Anything! Please!" Ether demands. "I can't handle the silence from you anymore - please - it's been moons! I just want a mom again! Or a parent! Please!"

Wisp looks back at Ether, but she just lowers her ears and looks away once more.

"Really? So that's it, then, you're going to abandon your daughter? Both of them?" Ether scoffs, anger boiling her over. "For, what, some random Prince you barely know anything about? He's just using you, you know."

Wisp's silent, and Ether's had enough of it. Ether launches herself at Wisp, and she doesn't even fight it. It's like attacking a sleeping rabbit. The two go tumbling and Ether pins Wisp to the ground, who just looks away.

"Look at me! Look at your daughter!" Ether spits. "Please! Just. Just look at me! Please!"

She's crying now as hot tears splash onto Wisp's face
"Please! I just. I just want my mom back. Please. Just talk to me. Say something. Emote. Wake up. Anything." Ether is shaking Wisp, who does very little to fight. "Why? Why did you leave when dad did too? We still loved you, do you even still love us?"

"Of course I still love you." Wisp croaks out, her voice tiny. Ether is taken aback by her mother's voice. She sounds...small. Broken.

"Then why don't you act like it?" Ether scoffs. "You don't talk to any of us....Enflame and I...we're all we've got. We're all you've got. So why....why don't you talk to us?"

"I don't know Ether." Wisp sighs. "I don't. I wish I did. I just..." Wisp sighs. "It's complicated."

"Try me." Ether scoffs back. "Try being me, for a second, mom. Really try."

"I am you!" Wisp spits back, and Ether is surprised, so surprised she jumps back a few feet, which is enough to get Wisp back up on her paws.

"I am you, Ether. Or I was. Do you really want me to go back to that place? Fighting for my life against my own sister for the crown - not because I wanted it, but because she wanted to kill me to prove she deserved it? Or maybe, you want me to play the part of a girl who was told what to do every day of her life? Told who you were going to meet, what you were going to do, how you were going to fight, and how you were either going to die at the hand of your siblings or live and rule over others with an iron fist? You're the Metal Storkie, Wisp, your job is to fight and claw and bleed and wage war!"

Ether falls silent, hearing her mother out if nothing else. She knew nothing about her grandmother. Wisp refused to talk about her, and the cats around hardly knew her. Most cats weren't old enough or around long enough to meet her. Queen Fae, she thinks her name was.

"I gave up a lot...... a damn lot, to have you all." Wisp spits, her fur bristling. "But I made it work. I....."

"Say it." Ether can tell whatever her mother's trying to say, it's painful - but the truth is better than a numbing silence.

"I was never in love with your father. There. I said it." Wisp huffed. "But I had chosen him as my mate, anyway, and we were fine enough partners. I loved him as a life partner. So I was content sacrificing a life with real love to be with him."

Yeah, okay, ow. That definitely hurt. Ether swallowed her own feelings to the bet of her ability, and just asked her questions that were on her mind.

"Why? And...who? Did you ever actually love anyone?"

"Because. That's what you do when you're the Queen of this Kingdom, Ether. You have to keep your bloodline going. I picked the strongest, kindest of them all to start a relationship with. At least I thought he was strong and kind...." She sighs. "It's....it's what She commanded."

"Grandma?"

"Yeah."

Ether nods, getting the picture now.

"And...I thought I might have been able to love someone. Once." Wisp sighs wistfully. "But I never got the opportunity. I didn't let myself, anyway. I was already with your father, and...and I already had you." She sighs. "And when he passed, I thought - I thought it just wasn't meant to be."

Wisp glances over at Ether, and her gaze softens.

"I forgive you, you know. For killing him. It's not your fault."

"Shadow?" Ether was horrified, her skin crawling as she realizes just what Ember made her do. "But..."

"Yeah." Wisp sighs, her sides heaving. Despite that, despite all of this, despite the sorrow in her mother's eyes - Ether can at least see emotion returning to Wisp's eyes. It's sad yes, but she's visibly feeling again. That's a start.

"I'm sorry." Ether says, sorrow cracking her voice.

"It's alright. Like I said, I forgive you."

"No, I'm sorry for.... all of that. Grandma. Dad. Shadow. Me. I'm sorry." Ether sighs, and Wisp looks up at her with tears in her eyes. It's wordless for several painful moments, and Ether's pelt prickles with anxiety. It's almost awkward.

Wisp is bounding over to her, draping a paw over her, and crying into her.

"Oh, Ether. I'm so, so sorry." Wisp wails. "I'm so sorry for everything. I'm sorry for not being there - I'm sorry you feel like you don't have a mother! I promise I'll try to be better, I'll - I'll be more present. I'm so sorry Ether, I love you and Enflame so much. You two are the only happiness I have left!"

These words were sorely needed to be heard by Ether, and she droops, wrapping a paw around Wisp too, hugging her close, and allowing herself some spare tears too.

"It's.....yeah, alright. Thanks mom." Ether sighs, burying her nose into Wisp's fur. "I love you too."
Filler Episode 57.1

[CW: Manipulation, Mother and Daughter Discussions of Emotions, Varying Degrees of Emotional Distress, Mentions of Loveless Marriages, Mentions of Marrying for Political Reasons ]

"You."

Wisp didn't seem to respond when Ether walked up behind her, and the white cat by her side hardly noticed the approaching stranger. However, when Ether raised her voice, he glanced, and was surprised to see her staring right into his eyes.

"Who are you?"

"Hmm?" Curious. No one was supposed to be able to see him. Other than Wisp, of course, and his vessel, but they weren't being used right now. "Are you speaking to me?"

"Of course I'm speaking to you. Who the hell are you, and what are you doing with my mom? Look at you, you've ... been with her for moons, and I've seen her get more and more like...like a ghost."

"Oh, this?" The pale stranger pats Wisp's back, and the she-cat doesn't even respond. She almost seems catatonic. "I hardly did anything at all, she's done most of this herself."

"But who are you?" Ether presses, curling her lip in disgust. "I don't recall you joining us."

"I've always been here." He remarks, looking down at his claws, filing them, and setting them down. "And unlike you, I'll remain here, far after you die."

His words made the back of her throat burn with anger, and Ether's fur raises, a growl rising in the back of her throat.

"Ah, ah, not so fast - you wouldn't want to hurt mother dearest would you?" The cat purrs, and as he says this, Wisp shudders.

"What did you do to her?" Ether demands, pressing close and baring her teeth at him.

"I, again, have done nothing."

"Why can't she hear me, then?" Ether asks, her tail lashing in anger.

"That's not really my concern. If she wants to get so lost in her own thoughts the world is dead to her, that's her issue, not mine."

"You disgust me. You don't deserve to walk by her side." Ether snarls, and she takes a swipe at him. He dodges easily, but doesn't yet make a swipe back at her.

"So eager to fight, I'd almost say you were the Metal Storkie...but you aren't, aren't you? Just a little lion tamer." He chuckles, looking down upon her condescendingly.

"I'm more of a cat than you'll ever be, I'm sure of that!" Ether spits.

"Mmm....I heavily doubt that." He scoffs, his tone shifting from playful and condescending to cold; calloused. Something she said must have rubbed him the wrong way.

Good.

"Watch me. I'm going to wake mom up, and then I'm going to make her get rid of you. I swear."

"I'd truly love to see you try." The cat says, standing up and putting a gentle paw on Wisp's back. "What can you do, anyway? It's not like she's really attached to you all, you know. If she was, she would have held you when you cried over your dear sister's deaths....right?"

"You take that back." Ether croaks, swiping at him again, but he dodges, and her claws barely miss her mother's back.

"I will do no such thing." He laughs. "You can't get rid of me, nothing can. Not you, not your mother, not Enrose." He hums. "Now, you're starting to annoy me, so be gone with you, before you make things worse. For yourself, mind you - not me. You can't do anything to me."

"Watch me." Ether launches herself at him, but the cat laughs, disappearing into thin air and appearing behind her. Long claws rake down her back and she yowls with pain, turning and swiping him. Her claws connect - but they don't connect to him. They connect to Wisp, who only just now wakes from her catatonia.

"Hello? Who's there?" Wisp's voice is distant, haunted. Just what was on her mind?

"Mom - I'm, I'm so sorry." Ether mews, coming over to hurriedly lick the injured fur and try to clean her up. "I didn't mean to, I thought...I thought I saw something."

"It's....alright.....Ether?" Wisp glances back at Ether, and Ether's heart breaks. This is the first time she's really seen her mother up close, and all she sees in her mother's eyes are fatigue, exhaustion, and a total lack of any major assertive emotion. How long had she been like this?

"Yeah, mom, it's me." Ether says, rushing forward and pushing her head against Wisp's forehead, nuzzling into her. "It's alright, I'm here."

"Where's....the Prince....?" Wisp asks, her voice still faraway, like she isn't quite here.

"The Prince? He uh...." Ether glances around. "He's...not coming around anymore. Not for a while anyway."

"Oh.....why?" Wisp sighs. "Was I not good enough for him, too?"

Ether's heart is shattering even more hearing her mother's broken words, and she throws her arms around her.

"Hey, no, it's not like that. He, he....." Ether tries to think of a nice way to put it. "I sent him away for a bit. He may or may not be back, but hey - you still have me!" Ether says, nudging her mother's chin, trying to cheer her up. Wisp doesn't emote.

"And - and Enflame!" Ether suggests, and Wisp's gaze saddens. Ether frowns, but Wisp looks away.

"Mom, what's going on? Why are you like this? What can I do to help?" Ether feels despair welling up in her as Wisp continues to go quiet. When Ether finally can't take it anymore, Ether yells.

"Just, say something, Mom! Anything! Please!" Ether demands. "I can't handle the silence from you anymore - please - it's been moons! I just want a mom again! Or a parent! Please!"

Wisp looks back at Ether, but she just lowers her ears and looks away once more.

"Really? So that's it, then, you're going to abandon your daughter? Both of them?" Ether scoffs, anger boiling her over. "For, what, some random Prince you barely know anything about? He's just using you, you know."

Wisp's silent, and Ether's had enough of it. Ether launches herself at Wisp, and she doesn't even fight it. It's like attacking a sleeping rabbit. The two go tumbling and Ether pins Wisp to the ground, who just looks away.

"Look at me! Look at your daughter!" Ether spits. "Please! Just. Just look at me! Please!"

She's crying now as hot tears splash onto Wisp's face
"Please! I just. I just want my mom back. Please. Just talk to me. Say something. Emote. Wake up. Anything." Ether is shaking Wisp, who does very little to fight. "Why? Why did you leave when dad did too? We still loved you, do you even still love us?"

"Of course I still love you." Wisp croaks out, her voice tiny. Ether is taken aback by her mother's voice. She sounds...small. Broken.

"Then why don't you act like it?" Ether scoffs. "You don't talk to any of us....Enflame and I...we're all we've got. We're all you've got. So why....why don't you talk to us?"

"I don't know Ether." Wisp sighs. "I don't. I wish I did. I just..." Wisp sighs. "It's complicated."

"Try me." Ether scoffs back. "Try being me, for a second, mom. Really try."

"I am you!" Wisp spits back, and Ether is surprised, so surprised she jumps back a few feet, which is enough to get Wisp back up on her paws.

"I am you, Ether. Or I was. Do you really want me to go back to that place? Fighting for my life against my own sister for the crown - not because I wanted it, but because she wanted to kill me to prove she deserved it? Or maybe, you want me to play the part of a girl who was told what to do every day of her life? Told who you were going to meet, what you were going to do, how you were going to fight, and how you were either going to die at the hand of your siblings or live and rule over others with an iron fist? You're the Metal Storkie, Wisp, your job is to fight and claw and bleed and wage war!"

Ether falls silent, hearing her mother out if nothing else. She knew nothing about her grandmother. Wisp refused to talk about her, and the cats around hardly knew her. Most cats weren't old enough or around long enough to meet her. Queen Fae, she thinks her name was.

"I gave up a lot...... a damn lot, to have you all." Wisp spits, her fur bristling. "But I made it work. I....."

"Say it." Ether can tell whatever her mother's trying to say, it's painful - but the truth is better than a numbing silence.

"I was never in love with your father. There. I said it." Wisp huffed. "But I had chosen him as my mate, anyway, and we were fine enough partners. I loved him as a life partner. So I was content sacrificing a life with real love to be with him."

Yeah, okay, ow. That definitely hurt. Ether swallowed her own feelings to the bet of her ability, and just asked her questions that were on her mind.

"Why? And...who? Did you ever actually love anyone?"

"Because. That's what you do when you're the Queen of this Kingdom, Ether. You have to keep your bloodline going. I picked the strongest, kindest of them all to start a relationship with. At least I thought he was strong and kind...." She sighs. "It's....it's what She commanded."

"Grandma?"

"Yeah."

Ether nods, getting the picture now.

"And...I thought I might have been able to love someone. Once." Wisp sighs wistfully. "But I never got the opportunity. I didn't let myself, anyway. I was already with your father, and...and I already had you." She sighs. "And when he passed, I thought - I thought it just wasn't meant to be."

Wisp glances over at Ether, and her gaze softens.

"I forgive you, you know. For killing him. It's not your fault."

"Shadow?" Ether was horrified, her skin crawling as she realizes just what Ember made her do. "But..."

"Yeah." Wisp sighs, her sides heaving. Despite that, despite all of this, despite the sorrow in her mother's eyes - Ether can at least see emotion returning to Wisp's eyes. It's sad yes, but she's visibly feeling again. That's a start.

"I'm sorry." Ether says, sorrow cracking her voice.

"It's alright. Like I said, I forgive you."

"No, I'm sorry for.... all of that. Grandma. Dad. Shadow. Me. I'm sorry." Ether sighs, and Wisp looks up at her with tears in her eyes. It's wordless for several painful moments, and Ether's pelt prickles with anxiety. It's almost awkward.

Wisp is bounding over to her, draping a paw over her, and crying into her.

"Oh, Ether. I'm so, so sorry." Wisp wails. "I'm so sorry for everything. I'm sorry for not being there - I'm sorry you feel like you don't have a mother! I promise I'll try to be better, I'll - I'll be more present. I'm so sorry Ether, I love you and Enflame so much. You two are the only happiness I have left!"

These words were sorely needed to be heard by Ether, and she droops, wrapping a paw around Wisp too, hugging her close, and allowing herself some spare tears too.

"It's.....yeah, alright. Thanks mom." Ether sighs, burying her nose into Wisp's fur. "I love you too."
Moon 58

Hunger Check

Not facing Hunger.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Brown Dun with Voidtouched and African Wild Dog. It's magic is Fungal. Their extra trait is Scars

Project Progress

23% was added, so it's finished!
Wisp's massive castle with a ballroom is finished :)

Drama
15. Bad weather. It's raining lightly outside, and the Monarch isn't entirely cruel. They're too upset about it to assign missions, so everyone is spared and can go on about their business. Nothing happens.

Drama
4. Hunting trip. Complete a Prompt for one of your permastorkies.
Perfect, I woke up with an idea for one today.

Lore

Overnight, the castle got built, and it was magnificent. Massive gold and white marble pillars pierced the inky black backdrop of the night sky. In a Kingdom of Roses, however, it stuck out like a sore paw. Not a single plant touched or went near it, and there was a nearly noticeable ring around the castle where only grass dared grow.

No decoration, unfortunately that would take some time. Wisp was sure it needed something, but she was unsure of what, and her pale friend was sparse as ever, but that was alright. She had Ether by her side to celebrate the castle. Finally, it was here.

"What do you think?" Ether asks, glancing over at her mom.

"I think it looks....very beautiful and impressive." Wisp remarks, looking up at it. "I can't believe it's here, so quickly too."

"Yeah, me neither. But hey, our Earth citizens were working night and day to make it happen, so uh...hope ya like it." Ether laughs. "No pressure though."

"Yeah, ha...no pressure."

The interior had been mostly designed and advised by Prince Poisonheart, so staunch white marble flooring was broken up by bright purple rugs, potted plants, and the surface wasn't yet polished enough to see your reflection in it. Walls were broken up by pretty purple banners with gold stitching in them. Wisp had contributed to that effort, using her magic to mold strands of gold metal into thread.

They were beautiful, at least.

Enflame, however, timidly pointed out the thought herself and many others were having.

"Um....where's the gold, or silver, or...." She mumbles. "Anything to celebrate you?"

Wisp perks up, and then she's confused, and then she feels guilt. Perhaps embarrassment, too? Nothing in this castle really reflected her. It all reminded her of her poisonous companion.

"I'm....not sure." Wisp sighs. "I let...the Prince make the decorating decisions."

"Of course, of course." Ether scoffs, shaking her head. "Let's see what the throne looks like."

As expected, the throne was made of glittering gold marble - Wisp herself had toiled over it, though for some reason, she couldn't remember details about that one. Strange, but she tried to write it off as the fog of her misery.

Etched into the gold plating was little skulls, and shapes of nightshade and berries littered it. The cushion on which to sit was purple with gold stitching.

Yeah, didn't really feel like Wisp's throne. Still, she was the Queen, so she goes to sit on it, but Ether stops her.

"Nah, why not, you know, wait? Until the full moon?" It was just a feeling in Ether's gut, to keep her mom from sitting on that throne. Right now, anyway. Until they could get this castle looking more like a place to honor Wisp, not.... not that man.

"Oh, uh...yeah, sure thing Ether."
Moon 58

Hunger Check

Not facing Hunger.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Brown Dun with Voidtouched and African Wild Dog. It's magic is Fungal. Their extra trait is Scars

Project Progress

23% was added, so it's finished!
Wisp's massive castle with a ballroom is finished :)

Drama
15. Bad weather. It's raining lightly outside, and the Monarch isn't entirely cruel. They're too upset about it to assign missions, so everyone is spared and can go on about their business. Nothing happens.

Drama
4. Hunting trip. Complete a Prompt for one of your permastorkies.
Perfect, I woke up with an idea for one today.

Lore

Overnight, the castle got built, and it was magnificent. Massive gold and white marble pillars pierced the inky black backdrop of the night sky. In a Kingdom of Roses, however, it stuck out like a sore paw. Not a single plant touched or went near it, and there was a nearly noticeable ring around the castle where only grass dared grow.

No decoration, unfortunately that would take some time. Wisp was sure it needed something, but she was unsure of what, and her pale friend was sparse as ever, but that was alright. She had Ether by her side to celebrate the castle. Finally, it was here.

"What do you think?" Ether asks, glancing over at her mom.

"I think it looks....very beautiful and impressive." Wisp remarks, looking up at it. "I can't believe it's here, so quickly too."

"Yeah, me neither. But hey, our Earth citizens were working night and day to make it happen, so uh...hope ya like it." Ether laughs. "No pressure though."

"Yeah, ha...no pressure."

The interior had been mostly designed and advised by Prince Poisonheart, so staunch white marble flooring was broken up by bright purple rugs, potted plants, and the surface wasn't yet polished enough to see your reflection in it. Walls were broken up by pretty purple banners with gold stitching in them. Wisp had contributed to that effort, using her magic to mold strands of gold metal into thread.

They were beautiful, at least.

Enflame, however, timidly pointed out the thought herself and many others were having.

"Um....where's the gold, or silver, or...." She mumbles. "Anything to celebrate you?"

Wisp perks up, and then she's confused, and then she feels guilt. Perhaps embarrassment, too? Nothing in this castle really reflected her. It all reminded her of her poisonous companion.

"I'm....not sure." Wisp sighs. "I let...the Prince make the decorating decisions."

"Of course, of course." Ether scoffs, shaking her head. "Let's see what the throne looks like."

As expected, the throne was made of glittering gold marble - Wisp herself had toiled over it, though for some reason, she couldn't remember details about that one. Strange, but she tried to write it off as the fog of her misery.

Etched into the gold plating was little skulls, and shapes of nightshade and berries littered it. The cushion on which to sit was purple with gold stitching.

Yeah, didn't really feel like Wisp's throne. Still, she was the Queen, so she goes to sit on it, but Ether stops her.

"Nah, why not, you know, wait? Until the full moon?" It was just a feeling in Ether's gut, to keep her mom from sitting on that throne. Right now, anyway. Until they could get this castle looking more like a place to honor Wisp, not.... not that man.

"Oh, uh...yeah, sure thing Ether."
Moon 59

Hunger Check
They are not suffering from Starvation.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Dark Grey with Merle (Dog). It's magic is Plants. Their extra trait is Fangs

Drama

5. Freeloader. Some random cat has decided to join the kingdom, and you just can't shake them. Who are they? Generate the random cat from the generator and take the first Basic Magic cat you find.

Your cat's base coat is Cinnamon with Mitted, Sooty, and Leopard Appaloosa. It's magic is Fire

Getting a Trickster roll right under that was a special form of hell.

Lore

The Emperor

"I thought you weren't coming back."

Wisp perks up as she sees the pale stranger in her bedroom window, perched on the edge of it. He regards her with a cool, calm look. It's impossible to tell his emotions beyond that. His sharp purple eyes look more unnerving with the dark ring surrounding them.

"Well, here I am." The Prince remarks, flicking his tail dismissively. "What kind of Prince would I be if I didn't show up for the new Castle?"

"I suppose you're right." Wisp lifts herself from her nest - a comfortable bed, now - and approaches the Prince. He looks down upon her from the window, his marble white fur cutting into the night sky behind him. Just like his castle.

"You haven't sat upon the throne, yet. Curious. What is a throne for, if not a monarch to sit on?"

"I'm waiting until the full moon." She gives him an affirmative nod.

"Why wait?" He jumps down from his perch, brushing past her. "A throne is to be sat upon, not collecting dust."

"Because, I just...think it's nice to wait. Until a special moment." Wisp huffs, trying to come up with something that's more substantial than 'my daughter told me to'.

"Is a special moment not when it's first completed?" There's audible annoyance in the Prince's voice.

"Well, yes, but...."

"Then the next best moment would be the day after it's completed, I think." The Prince looks back at her, and Wisp feels her pelt prickle uncomfortably. Why... is this such a big deal for him?

"The full moon's only in a few days." Wisp remarks, standing her ground. She watches as he literally wiggles his head, mocking her words silently to himself, and then turn to her.

"Fine. The full moon, then." He huffs. He disappears into the night.

Wisp doesn't get a good feeling about sitting on that throne.
Moon 59

Hunger Check
They are not suffering from Starvation.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Dark Grey with Merle (Dog). It's magic is Plants. Their extra trait is Fangs

Drama

5. Freeloader. Some random cat has decided to join the kingdom, and you just can't shake them. Who are they? Generate the random cat from the generator and take the first Basic Magic cat you find.

Your cat's base coat is Cinnamon with Mitted, Sooty, and Leopard Appaloosa. It's magic is Fire

Getting a Trickster roll right under that was a special form of hell.

Lore

The Emperor

"I thought you weren't coming back."

Wisp perks up as she sees the pale stranger in her bedroom window, perched on the edge of it. He regards her with a cool, calm look. It's impossible to tell his emotions beyond that. His sharp purple eyes look more unnerving with the dark ring surrounding them.

"Well, here I am." The Prince remarks, flicking his tail dismissively. "What kind of Prince would I be if I didn't show up for the new Castle?"

"I suppose you're right." Wisp lifts herself from her nest - a comfortable bed, now - and approaches the Prince. He looks down upon her from the window, his marble white fur cutting into the night sky behind him. Just like his castle.

"You haven't sat upon the throne, yet. Curious. What is a throne for, if not a monarch to sit on?"

"I'm waiting until the full moon." She gives him an affirmative nod.

"Why wait?" He jumps down from his perch, brushing past her. "A throne is to be sat upon, not collecting dust."

"Because, I just...think it's nice to wait. Until a special moment." Wisp huffs, trying to come up with something that's more substantial than 'my daughter told me to'.

"Is a special moment not when it's first completed?" There's audible annoyance in the Prince's voice.

"Well, yes, but...."

"Then the next best moment would be the day after it's completed, I think." The Prince looks back at her, and Wisp feels her pelt prickle uncomfortably. Why... is this such a big deal for him?

"The full moon's only in a few days." Wisp remarks, standing her ground. She watches as he literally wiggles his head, mocking her words silently to himself, and then turn to her.

"Fine. The full moon, then." He huffs. He disappears into the night.

Wisp doesn't get a good feeling about sitting on that throne.
Moon 60

Hunger Check
Just barely entering starvation territory. Yikes.
- No cats die.

Recruitment
Your cat's base coat is Red Dun with Countershading. It's magic is Love. Their extra trait is Scars

Drama
3. There's romance in the air. Pick two cats at random. They are now in a relationship. If one gets exalted, so does the other. Their fates are bound together.

We'll get back to this later LOL.

Drama
Using a light charge to change my 13 to 14.

14. Where's the money at? Some money went missing from the King's vault, and now heads are going to roll. Take two cats of your choice and send them on a mission. Roll a d20. If they roll 15 or higher, they manage to find something to replace it and are spared. If they roll lower, flip a coin; one of them is exalted.

Rage and Peat go out to find something.
Didn't find it.

Rage gets yeeted.

Claims

Everyone who is on my claims following list has gotten 10 points added.
Zeus's courtesy buffer of a claim on him is lifted as well, and he is open to being claimed.

Claim Price Reminder:
10 Points = 1 Basic Claim [ Basic Magic, NR Traits ]
20 Points = 1 Rare Claim [ Rare Magic, NR Traits ]
30 Points = 1 Limited Claim [ Limited Magic & NR Traits, OR Rare or under Magic w/ Unlim. Limited Traits ]
40 Points = 1 Unlimited Limited Claim [ Limited Magic & Limited Traits ]
50 Points = 1 Legendary Claim [ Legendary Magic or Legendary Traits, unlim. ]

Kitting Moon
Gecko & Gerald

2 kits!
Your cat's base coat is Seal Brown with King Cheetah. It's magic is Ice.
Your cat's base coat is Smoky Cream with Clouded Leopard. It's magic is Air

Von & Noelle
Expending a Love Charge to guarantee at least one Healing Child.

3 kits

Your cat's base coat is Smoky Black with Reverse Brindle, Splash, and Tobiano. It's magic is Earth. Their extra traits are Scars and Longer Fur
Your cat's base coat is Fawn with Varnish Roan. It's magic is Bardic
Your cat's base coat is Red Dun with Spotting, Blanket Appaloosa, and Birdcatcher. It's magic is Healing

Lore

It was the day of the full moon, and it was time for Wisp's kingdom at large to celebrate the new castle and the full moon. What better way to celebrate than a dance?

Wisp spent extra time getting herself pretty for the dance. She also spent plenty of time getting her daughters pretty for the dance, too, decorating them in flowers she pulls herself. At least the ones she plucked today were quiet. She pulled her own special Shadow flower from the ground, surprised to find it didn't scream.

At the actual celebration, Wisp was surprised to see no trace of the Prince. She was a little disappointed, even with everything else considered. She had been promised a dance, and now she was getting none.

"Yeah, I'm not much of a dancer." Ether politely, but firmly turns the cat in front of her down. She respects that he might think she's a safe cat to go to, since they had that 'moment', or whatever, but she's not into it.

"Come on, just one dance?" Teo hums, curling his tail and offering her a paw. In response, her adder hisses, and he pulls his paw back.

"I....see." Teo remarks, his voice turning a harsh cold. To be honest, this was one of the first times Ether's heard him actually talk. "Fine, that's your choice." The cat in front of her stands up, abruptly, and turns to walk away from her. Ether nearly misses it, but gosh, she couldn't remember his eyes having black surrounding them before.

"May I have this dance, my Queen?"

Wisp was broken out of her thoughts by a voice, and she turns to find herself face to face with not one, but two handsome strangers. The one who spoke to her has brilliant pink eyes. A Love Storkie.

"Oh, ah....you want to dance with me?" Wisp's been in the dancing hall for an hour now, and not a single soul has approached her for a dance.

"Of course! Who wouldn't want to dance with a Queen, let alone one as beautiful as you?" The cat's words were honeyed with hints of softness. He wasn't much to look at - just a red dune with some lighter patches of markings on his underside. Several scars on his side and on his face. But he had a face of kindness.

The cat next to him was respectfully waiting his turn, it looked like. His eyes threw Wisp's heart painfully back, to a time she had nearly forgotten. He was a Fungal Storkie; brown, with black markings spotting his body, paws, and face. Scars also adorned his body.

"Unless, of course, ya wanna dance with my buddy here, Wilbur." The Love Tom wrapped a paw around Wilbur, thrusting him forward. "Totally would understand. He's a real catch."

Wisp laughs, finding heat rising to her cheeks.

"Oh, what, me? Oh, no, Aegis is the real catch." Wilbur beams, shoving his Love companion forward.

Wisp shakes her head, laughing again. Were these two...really trying to wingman the other?

"I can....dance with both of you." Wisp remarks. "One at a time, I don't - I don't know how dancing with two cats would work."

"Oh, what, naw, that's not hard at all your Majesty." Wilbur beams, and he bends down, asking for her paw. She gives it, and he moves it to his mouth to kiss it.

"We'll just each hold a paw."

"Did you ever imagine yourself in this situation, Jeremy?"

"Not really. Not ever, really." Jeremy laughs. "Oh, sorry, stepped on your paw there, Joy."

"It's fine." She laughs back, giving him an affectionate cheek nuzzle. "I'm happy to be alive for you to step on my paw."

"Yeah.... you too. You can step on my paw as much as you want." Jeremy hums. "I'm just happy to have you by my side, after all this time."

"You too, Jeremy." Joy purrs, sweeping her tail around herself and twining it with his. "Here's to another fifty and some change moons. If we're so lucky."

"If we're so lucky." Jeremy leans down, touching noses with her in a little 'kiss'. He loves his life partner with all his heart, and she returns the feelings in kind.

"Sorry I'm such a bad dancer."

"It's fine."

Enflame was having her first dance, holding paws with a stranger. He was tall, dark, and handsome, with the prettiest purple eyes she ever did see. She thought they matched the rest of this castle quite well.

She kept stepping on his paws a lot, though, and he was slowly and surely getting more irritated with her. She knew it, too, but he wasn't really keen on not dancing with her, so she was sure if she kept trying she'd get it.

While they were dancing, she saw her mom dancing with two cats. Enflame hadn't seen her mother so happy before, nor had she seen her laughing and smiling as much. Enflame was happy for her, honestly. Ether had...given her the rundown, and Wisp had apologized to her personally. They were one happy united family again.

Even if everything else was a mess in her life, at least her mother was happy. Enflame felt like she could probably die happy with that knowledge, as she doubted she would get the same courtesy in this lifetime. She made peace with that.

At least she was happy dancing, too.

"My goodness, gentlemen. I have to say, I have not had so much fun as I have tonight." Wisp was all smiles and aflutter as the boys seemed to work in seamless unison to dance with her and show her a good time. If one was dipping her, the other one was holding her paw, and there had been several near-kisses throughout the evening.

Wisp had long since forgotten the Prince. Now, there were these two handsome men - who she'd learned that, before they got here, they were adventurers. Mercenaries. Swords for hire who saved each other's skin before they decided to settle down in a kingdom.

"Neither have we, your Majesty. Thank you ever so much for this dance." Aegis hummed, and Wilbur gives an eager grin and a thumbsup.

"We are truly grateful to share this time with you this evening. Oh, but, we should probably let you have some time to yourself, yeah?" Wilbur hums, gently setting Wisp down.

"Oh, ah...yeah, but, really, it's no problem." Wisp muses, looking up at them. "Thank you, for...everything. For tonight. I, hope we can dance again."

"Oh, please, it would be our pleasure." Wilbur and Aegis both bow, though it was Aegis who spoke.

"The pleasure would equally be mine, dears." Wisp hums, content with her night of fun. She had more things to do - like ascending the throne. Caught up in all her happiness, she hardly remembered Ether's warning as she scrambled up to sit and perch on the throne, looking out across her kingdom.

Ether was being taught to dance by Joy and Jeremy, Enflame was finishing up a dance with a cat she didn't recognize, and all was well.

All is well, and nothing happens to Wisp when she takes the throne. The rest of the night is nothing but cheerful dancing and laughter and good times.
Moon 60

Hunger Check
Just barely entering starvation territory. Yikes.
- No cats die.

Recruitment
Your cat's base coat is Red Dun with Countershading. It's magic is Love. Their extra trait is Scars

Drama
3. There's romance in the air. Pick two cats at random. They are now in a relationship. If one gets exalted, so does the other. Their fates are bound together.

We'll get back to this later LOL.

Drama
Using a light charge to change my 13 to 14.

14. Where's the money at? Some money went missing from the King's vault, and now heads are going to roll. Take two cats of your choice and send them on a mission. Roll a d20. If they roll 15 or higher, they manage to find something to replace it and are spared. If they roll lower, flip a coin; one of them is exalted.

Rage and Peat go out to find something.
Didn't find it.

Rage gets yeeted.

Claims

Everyone who is on my claims following list has gotten 10 points added.
Zeus's courtesy buffer of a claim on him is lifted as well, and he is open to being claimed.

Claim Price Reminder:
10 Points = 1 Basic Claim [ Basic Magic, NR Traits ]
20 Points = 1 Rare Claim [ Rare Magic, NR Traits ]
30 Points = 1 Limited Claim [ Limited Magic & NR Traits, OR Rare or under Magic w/ Unlim. Limited Traits ]
40 Points = 1 Unlimited Limited Claim [ Limited Magic & Limited Traits ]
50 Points = 1 Legendary Claim [ Legendary Magic or Legendary Traits, unlim. ]

Kitting Moon
Gecko & Gerald

2 kits!
Your cat's base coat is Seal Brown with King Cheetah. It's magic is Ice.
Your cat's base coat is Smoky Cream with Clouded Leopard. It's magic is Air

Von & Noelle
Expending a Love Charge to guarantee at least one Healing Child.

3 kits

Your cat's base coat is Smoky Black with Reverse Brindle, Splash, and Tobiano. It's magic is Earth. Their extra traits are Scars and Longer Fur
Your cat's base coat is Fawn with Varnish Roan. It's magic is Bardic
Your cat's base coat is Red Dun with Spotting, Blanket Appaloosa, and Birdcatcher. It's magic is Healing

Lore

It was the day of the full moon, and it was time for Wisp's kingdom at large to celebrate the new castle and the full moon. What better way to celebrate than a dance?

Wisp spent extra time getting herself pretty for the dance. She also spent plenty of time getting her daughters pretty for the dance, too, decorating them in flowers she pulls herself. At least the ones she plucked today were quiet. She pulled her own special Shadow flower from the ground, surprised to find it didn't scream.

At the actual celebration, Wisp was surprised to see no trace of the Prince. She was a little disappointed, even with everything else considered. She had been promised a dance, and now she was getting none.

"Yeah, I'm not much of a dancer." Ether politely, but firmly turns the cat in front of her down. She respects that he might think she's a safe cat to go to, since they had that 'moment', or whatever, but she's not into it.

"Come on, just one dance?" Teo hums, curling his tail and offering her a paw. In response, her adder hisses, and he pulls his paw back.

"I....see." Teo remarks, his voice turning a harsh cold. To be honest, this was one of the first times Ether's heard him actually talk. "Fine, that's your choice." The cat in front of her stands up, abruptly, and turns to walk away from her. Ether nearly misses it, but gosh, she couldn't remember his eyes having black surrounding them before.

"May I have this dance, my Queen?"

Wisp was broken out of her thoughts by a voice, and she turns to find herself face to face with not one, but two handsome strangers. The one who spoke to her has brilliant pink eyes. A Love Storkie.

"Oh, ah....you want to dance with me?" Wisp's been in the dancing hall for an hour now, and not a single soul has approached her for a dance.

"Of course! Who wouldn't want to dance with a Queen, let alone one as beautiful as you?" The cat's words were honeyed with hints of softness. He wasn't much to look at - just a red dune with some lighter patches of markings on his underside. Several scars on his side and on his face. But he had a face of kindness.

The cat next to him was respectfully waiting his turn, it looked like. His eyes threw Wisp's heart painfully back, to a time she had nearly forgotten. He was a Fungal Storkie; brown, with black markings spotting his body, paws, and face. Scars also adorned his body.

"Unless, of course, ya wanna dance with my buddy here, Wilbur." The Love Tom wrapped a paw around Wilbur, thrusting him forward. "Totally would understand. He's a real catch."

Wisp laughs, finding heat rising to her cheeks.

"Oh, what, me? Oh, no, Aegis is the real catch." Wilbur beams, shoving his Love companion forward.

Wisp shakes her head, laughing again. Were these two...really trying to wingman the other?

"I can....dance with both of you." Wisp remarks. "One at a time, I don't - I don't know how dancing with two cats would work."

"Oh, what, naw, that's not hard at all your Majesty." Wilbur beams, and he bends down, asking for her paw. She gives it, and he moves it to his mouth to kiss it.

"We'll just each hold a paw."

"Did you ever imagine yourself in this situation, Jeremy?"

"Not really. Not ever, really." Jeremy laughs. "Oh, sorry, stepped on your paw there, Joy."

"It's fine." She laughs back, giving him an affectionate cheek nuzzle. "I'm happy to be alive for you to step on my paw."

"Yeah.... you too. You can step on my paw as much as you want." Jeremy hums. "I'm just happy to have you by my side, after all this time."

"You too, Jeremy." Joy purrs, sweeping her tail around herself and twining it with his. "Here's to another fifty and some change moons. If we're so lucky."

"If we're so lucky." Jeremy leans down, touching noses with her in a little 'kiss'. He loves his life partner with all his heart, and she returns the feelings in kind.

"Sorry I'm such a bad dancer."

"It's fine."

Enflame was having her first dance, holding paws with a stranger. He was tall, dark, and handsome, with the prettiest purple eyes she ever did see. She thought they matched the rest of this castle quite well.

She kept stepping on his paws a lot, though, and he was slowly and surely getting more irritated with her. She knew it, too, but he wasn't really keen on not dancing with her, so she was sure if she kept trying she'd get it.

While they were dancing, she saw her mom dancing with two cats. Enflame hadn't seen her mother so happy before, nor had she seen her laughing and smiling as much. Enflame was happy for her, honestly. Ether had...given her the rundown, and Wisp had apologized to her personally. They were one happy united family again.

Even if everything else was a mess in her life, at least her mother was happy. Enflame felt like she could probably die happy with that knowledge, as she doubted she would get the same courtesy in this lifetime. She made peace with that.

At least she was happy dancing, too.

"My goodness, gentlemen. I have to say, I have not had so much fun as I have tonight." Wisp was all smiles and aflutter as the boys seemed to work in seamless unison to dance with her and show her a good time. If one was dipping her, the other one was holding her paw, and there had been several near-kisses throughout the evening.

Wisp had long since forgotten the Prince. Now, there were these two handsome men - who she'd learned that, before they got here, they were adventurers. Mercenaries. Swords for hire who saved each other's skin before they decided to settle down in a kingdom.

"Neither have we, your Majesty. Thank you ever so much for this dance." Aegis hummed, and Wilbur gives an eager grin and a thumbsup.

"We are truly grateful to share this time with you this evening. Oh, but, we should probably let you have some time to yourself, yeah?" Wilbur hums, gently setting Wisp down.

"Oh, ah...yeah, but, really, it's no problem." Wisp muses, looking up at them. "Thank you, for...everything. For tonight. I, hope we can dance again."

"Oh, please, it would be our pleasure." Wilbur and Aegis both bow, though it was Aegis who spoke.

"The pleasure would equally be mine, dears." Wisp hums, content with her night of fun. She had more things to do - like ascending the throne. Caught up in all her happiness, she hardly remembered Ether's warning as she scrambled up to sit and perch on the throne, looking out across her kingdom.

Ether was being taught to dance by Joy and Jeremy, Enflame was finishing up a dance with a cat she didn't recognize, and all was well.

All is well, and nothing happens to Wisp when she takes the throne. The rest of the night is nothing but cheerful dancing and laughter and good times.
Moon 61

Hunger Check

No starvation this round.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Lavender with Overo and Birdcatcher. It's magic is Love
Your cat's base coat is Lavender with Overo and Candleflame Tabby. It's magic is Love. Their extra trait is Accessories

Spent three Love Charges to refresh to get two cats. These two are twins! That's actually really cool and cute. Gonna have to do something with that. I think I'll make a small thing like if you wanna claim one you gotta claim the other, and I'll probably also rehome them together.

Drama Roll

Amaranth and Jeremy go off together.
On a 16, they manage to find somethin' too.

Drama Roll 2

8. Rich tastes. Your kingdom has attracted the eye of a rather impressive new member. Generate three cats through the generator, and choose the highest rarity magic. If all magics are in the same rarity bracket, reroll. I cannot spend Love charges to reroll this encounter.

Your cat's base coat is Palomino with Frosted (Horse), Greasespot, and Jackal-Themed Markings. It's magic is Shadow. Their extra trait is Missing Limb

Generator with the Limited magic, love to see it.

Lore

The High Priestess

There was a dead body in town square today.

No one touched it, though. For some reason. Ether glances around, trying to figure out the source of it, and she approached it cautiously. She was startled at what she saw, though.

Teo. The cat from the other evening, laying in the center of town. Lifeless, no signs of breathing in his form. And his eyes, they were no longer a startling poison purple. They were a pure white.

So why, then, wasn't he buried? And then she smelled it - or rather, didn't smell it.

This cat didn't smell like death at all. He was dead, surely. She moves to poke it, then gets a sickening sense of don't, so she doesn't. Whatever's happening here, whatever's going on...it's ominous.

She calls a Raven to watch over it, to protect the others. For now, Ether will keep an eye on the body.

Moon 61

Hunger Check

No starvation this round.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Lavender with Overo and Birdcatcher. It's magic is Love
Your cat's base coat is Lavender with Overo and Candleflame Tabby. It's magic is Love. Their extra trait is Accessories

Spent three Love Charges to refresh to get two cats. These two are twins! That's actually really cool and cute. Gonna have to do something with that. I think I'll make a small thing like if you wanna claim one you gotta claim the other, and I'll probably also rehome them together.

Drama Roll

Amaranth and Jeremy go off together.
On a 16, they manage to find somethin' too.

Drama Roll 2

8. Rich tastes. Your kingdom has attracted the eye of a rather impressive new member. Generate three cats through the generator, and choose the highest rarity magic. If all magics are in the same rarity bracket, reroll. I cannot spend Love charges to reroll this encounter.

Your cat's base coat is Palomino with Frosted (Horse), Greasespot, and Jackal-Themed Markings. It's magic is Shadow. Their extra trait is Missing Limb

Generator with the Limited magic, love to see it.

Lore

The High Priestess

There was a dead body in town square today.

No one touched it, though. For some reason. Ether glances around, trying to figure out the source of it, and she approached it cautiously. She was startled at what she saw, though.

Teo. The cat from the other evening, laying in the center of town. Lifeless, no signs of breathing in his form. And his eyes, they were no longer a startling poison purple. They were a pure white.

So why, then, wasn't he buried? And then she smelled it - or rather, didn't smell it.

This cat didn't smell like death at all. He was dead, surely. She moves to poke it, then gets a sickening sense of don't, so she doesn't. Whatever's happening here, whatever's going on...it's ominous.

She calls a Raven to watch over it, to protect the others. For now, Ether will keep an eye on the body.

Moon 62

Hunger Check
We are facing Starvation.
No cats die from starvation.

Recruitment
Your cat's base coat is Ginger with Brindle (Equine), Countershading, and Mitted. It's magic is Healing

Drama
2. There's a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your cats. Roll a d4 to see how many kittens they have. Roll that many cats in your generator (genetics are weird). Assign their levels to 5.

Timber and Tiana have kits!
Spending a Love charge to make one of the kits have Light.
3 kits!

Your cat's base coat is Sable Cream with Unnatural Coat Marking, Med White, and Pangare. It's magic is Water. Their extra traits are Claw Edits, Scars, and Accessories
Your cat's base coat is Dunalino with Moonblessed, Leopard Appaloosa, and Rosette Tabby. It's magic is Fire
Your cat's base coat is Grey with Tobiano, Pangare, and Sabino. It's magic is Light. Their extra traits are Scars and Height Edit

Drama
11. Test the newbies. Roll a d10 for each of your lowest-level cats. If it's higher than their level, exalt them. They were not good enough. Raise the remaining low-level cats by one level.

Spent a Light charge to make this happen.
We're testing all the kits.

We lose Ginny, Choco, the Bardic kit whose name is lost already, Vin, Timothy, Terrence.

Yikers. That entire batch save for the Light kit died.

Lore

The Devil, Eight of Swords

Overnight, kits were dying.

No one knew how. No one knew why, but kits were perishing within weeks of them being born, sometimes moons for some of the older kits.

It was alarming. It was concerning. And Wisp had no answers.

But Joy and Jeremy did.

All of them, poisoned.

Answers were needed, and no one had them.
Moon 62

Hunger Check
We are facing Starvation.
No cats die from starvation.

Recruitment
Your cat's base coat is Ginger with Brindle (Equine), Countershading, and Mitted. It's magic is Healing

Drama
2. There's a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your cats. Roll a d4 to see how many kittens they have. Roll that many cats in your generator (genetics are weird). Assign their levels to 5.

Timber and Tiana have kits!
Spending a Love charge to make one of the kits have Light.
3 kits!

Your cat's base coat is Sable Cream with Unnatural Coat Marking, Med White, and Pangare. It's magic is Water. Their extra traits are Claw Edits, Scars, and Accessories
Your cat's base coat is Dunalino with Moonblessed, Leopard Appaloosa, and Rosette Tabby. It's magic is Fire
Your cat's base coat is Grey with Tobiano, Pangare, and Sabino. It's magic is Light. Their extra traits are Scars and Height Edit

Drama
11. Test the newbies. Roll a d10 for each of your lowest-level cats. If it's higher than their level, exalt them. They were not good enough. Raise the remaining low-level cats by one level.

Spent a Light charge to make this happen.
We're testing all the kits.

We lose Ginny, Choco, the Bardic kit whose name is lost already, Vin, Timothy, Terrence.

Yikers. That entire batch save for the Light kit died.

Lore

The Devil, Eight of Swords

Overnight, kits were dying.

No one knew how. No one knew why, but kits were perishing within weeks of them being born, sometimes moons for some of the older kits.

It was alarming. It was concerning. And Wisp had no answers.

But Joy and Jeremy did.

All of them, poisoned.

Answers were needed, and no one had them.
Moon 63

Hunger Check
We aren't starving this time around. Woo.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Bay with Sabino. It's magic is Blood

Drama
Expending another Light Charge.

Oh boy, that's all my sixes.
Aegis - fails. Failed mate roll 1 and 2.
Gonna roll heals.
1 fail, 2 fails, 3 fails, 4 fails.
Aegis perishes.
To be nice, I'll say Wisp only loses one life. Despite the fact she'll be losing Wilbur AND Aegis.
Both Wilbur and Aegis fail their rolls to join the greater Storkie Society, but I'll be taking them for character development.

Aegis - Love - Red Dun w/ Countershading, Scars
Wilbur - Fungal - Voudtouched AWD Brown Dun w/ Scars

Vienna loses a life.
Peat dies. Voidheart dies.

Not many losses, but the people we lost were still important.

Drama 2
2. There's a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your cats. Roll a d4 to see how many kittens they have. Roll that many cats in your generator (genetics are weird). Assign their levels to 5

Von and Mercy have children. Von has a mate, so this is actually a scandal.
Spending a Love charge to have at least one child be Healing.

4 kits.

Your cat's base coat is Ginger with Brindle (Equine) and King Cheetah. It's magic is Air
Your cat's base coat is Classic Dun with Jackal-Themed Markings and African Wild Dog. It's magic is Poison. Their extra traits are Scars, Accessories, and Claw Edits
Your cat's base coat is Dunalino with Brindle (Canine) and Rosette Tabby. It's magic is Poison. Their extra trait is Whiskers
Your cat's base coat is Dunskin with Brindle (Canine). It's magic is Healing. Their extra traits are Accessories and Extra Eye

The two poison kits are such a bad omen my goodness.

Lore

Five of Cups

More poisonings overnight, and this time, it's personal.

Everyone in camp wakes up to the sound of Wisp's heart-wrenching, glass-shattering yowl of agony. Cats come racing to the castle, Ether and Enflame at the front of list, and their shock and horror is overwhelming.

Aegis and Wilbur, found dead in the dining room. Tipped over glasses with bright purple poison flowing out of them freely.

Enflame looks numb, staring emotionlessly at the pair of bodies that lie before them all. Ether is cloaked in grief. She was so close to having dads she could actually like - men who treated her mother right, and were so kind to her and her sister.

And here they were, dead.

She called for an investigation. She being Ether, as Enflame was too stricken with grief to speak and Wisp was bawling her eyes out.

Ether gathered up all the Light, all the Poison, and all the Astral Storkatten. They would find this cat and stamp them out, if that's the last thing they do.

Temporary Rules Update

Light Storkies can expend a charge a day to try to uncover what was done in the shadows. Rolling a 19 or 20 will yield them a clue.

Poison Storkies can expend a charge a day to analyze the Poison. A 19 or 20 will yield them a clue.

Astral Storkies can expend a charge a day to see if the stars know anything. A 19 or 20 will yield them a clue.

All clues will be in character, and you, dear readers, get to sleuth it out! Each day, if there are clues to be had, I will drop them into the Discord channel. Each of you gets one free claim on a Light, Poison, or Astral Storkie, who you will get to write as sleuthing what happened. [ If you own Ether, you may instead play as her. ]

That also means that, after this next post following this one, I will only be updating the Locke once per day. This is to allow ALL readers a chance to claim, read, and write their theories.

For added fun, stay in character! Or don't. The choice is yours.
Moon 63

Hunger Check
We aren't starving this time around. Woo.

Recruitment

Your cat's base coat is Bay with Sabino. It's magic is Blood

Drama
Expending another Light Charge.

Oh boy, that's all my sixes.
Aegis - fails. Failed mate roll 1 and 2.
Gonna roll heals.
1 fail, 2 fails, 3 fails, 4 fails.
Aegis perishes.
To be nice, I'll say Wisp only loses one life. Despite the fact she'll be losing Wilbur AND Aegis.
Both Wilbur and Aegis fail their rolls to join the greater Storkie Society, but I'll be taking them for character development.

Aegis - Love - Red Dun w/ Countershading, Scars
Wilbur - Fungal - Voudtouched AWD Brown Dun w/ Scars

Vienna loses a life.
Peat dies. Voidheart dies.

Not many losses, but the people we lost were still important.

Drama 2
2. There's a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your cats. Roll a d4 to see how many kittens they have. Roll that many cats in your generator (genetics are weird). Assign their levels to 5

Von and Mercy have children. Von has a mate, so this is actually a scandal.
Spending a Love charge to have at least one child be Healing.

4 kits.

Your cat's base coat is Ginger with Brindle (Equine) and King Cheetah. It's magic is Air
Your cat's base coat is Classic Dun with Jackal-Themed Markings and African Wild Dog. It's magic is Poison. Their extra traits are Scars, Accessories, and Claw Edits
Your cat's base coat is Dunalino with Brindle (Canine) and Rosette Tabby. It's magic is Poison. Their extra trait is Whiskers
Your cat's base coat is Dunskin with Brindle (Canine). It's magic is Healing. Their extra traits are Accessories and Extra Eye

The two poison kits are such a bad omen my goodness.

Lore

Five of Cups

More poisonings overnight, and this time, it's personal.

Everyone in camp wakes up to the sound of Wisp's heart-wrenching, glass-shattering yowl of agony. Cats come racing to the castle, Ether and Enflame at the front of list, and their shock and horror is overwhelming.

Aegis and Wilbur, found dead in the dining room. Tipped over glasses with bright purple poison flowing out of them freely.

Enflame looks numb, staring emotionlessly at the pair of bodies that lie before them all. Ether is cloaked in grief. She was so close to having dads she could actually like - men who treated her mother right, and were so kind to her and her sister.

And here they were, dead.

She called for an investigation. She being Ether, as Enflame was too stricken with grief to speak and Wisp was bawling her eyes out.

Ether gathered up all the Light, all the Poison, and all the Astral Storkatten. They would find this cat and stamp them out, if that's the last thing they do.

Temporary Rules Update

Light Storkies can expend a charge a day to try to uncover what was done in the shadows. Rolling a 19 or 20 will yield them a clue.

Poison Storkies can expend a charge a day to analyze the Poison. A 19 or 20 will yield them a clue.

Astral Storkies can expend a charge a day to see if the stars know anything. A 19 or 20 will yield them a clue.

All clues will be in character, and you, dear readers, get to sleuth it out! Each day, if there are clues to be had, I will drop them into the Discord channel. Each of you gets one free claim on a Light, Poison, or Astral Storkie, who you will get to write as sleuthing what happened. [ If you own Ether, you may instead play as her. ]

That also means that, after this next post following this one, I will only be updating the Locke once per day. This is to allow ALL readers a chance to claim, read, and write their theories.

For added fun, stay in character! Or don't. The choice is yours.
Moon 64

Temporarily waiving starvation.

Recruitment:
Your cat's base coat is Lavender with Min White. It's magic is Fire. Their extra traits are Whiskers and Fangs
Your cat's base coat is Grey with Sooty. It's magic is Faunal / Arcane . Their extra traits are Claw Edits and Heterochromia.

Drama

Until further notice, all Light, Poison, and Astral Storkies are immune to death.

6. Mission! Pick two cats at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it's a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

Von and Nimbus.

Nimbus perishes. Nimbus is Fungal, so is not immune to his own death.

Drama

8. Mission! Pick two cats at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it's a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

Loelle and Mercy.

Mercy expends 4 healing charges to stay alive.

Sleuthing

Light Charges: 2
The Light Storkies search and search, but they find nothing.
Poison Charges: 4
The Poison Storkies come close [ 18, 17 ] but they find nothing.
Astral Charges: 1
Astral Storkies find nothing.

On rounds where no hints happen, I will simply start up another round. I will continue to do this until we get a cat with a hint, and then the discussions can begin.
Moon 64

Temporarily waiving starvation.

Recruitment:
Your cat's base coat is Lavender with Min White. It's magic is Fire. Their extra traits are Whiskers and Fangs
Your cat's base coat is Grey with Sooty. It's magic is Faunal / Arcane . Their extra traits are Claw Edits and Heterochromia.

Drama

Until further notice, all Light, Poison, and Astral Storkies are immune to death.

6. Mission! Pick two cats at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it's a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

Von and Nimbus.

Nimbus perishes. Nimbus is Fungal, so is not immune to his own death.

Drama

8. Mission! Pick two cats at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it's a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

Loelle and Mercy.

Mercy expends 4 healing charges to stay alive.

Sleuthing

The Light Storkies search and search, but they find nothing.
The Poison Storkies come close [ 18, 17 ] but they find nothing.
Astral Storkies find nothing.

On rounds where no hints happen, I will simply start up another round. I will continue to do this until we get a cat with a hint, and then the discussions can begin.
Moon 65

Starvation is still being waived.

Recruitment:
Your cat's base coat is Palomino with Rabicano and Leopard Appaloosa. It's magic is Death. Their extra traits are Claw Edits, Missing Limb, and Scars

Good. Ness. Gracious.
That's an omen if I've ever seen one.
As usual there is a five round grace period before you can claim the Death Storkie, so I can work with them.

Drama

Helios and Loelle have kits.
They have two kits.
I'm gonna expend a Love charge to make sure we get one love kit out of this.

Your cat's base coat is Black with Unnatural Coat Marking, Birdcatcher, and Flecking. It's magic is Shadow
Your cat's base coat is Apricot (Horse) with Sabino, Varnish Roan, and African Wild Dog. It's magic is Love

Drama 2
7. Mission! Pick two cats at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it's a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

Haven and Gecko.

Both come out alive.

Kitting Moon

Noelle and Von have their kits.

Your cat's base coat is Champagne with Ticked Tabby and Brindle (Canine). It's magic is Faunal. Their extra trait is Claw Edits
Your cat's base coat is Calico with Sooty, Moonblessed, and Lacing. It's magic is Earth. Their extra traits are Claw Edits and Scars

Gerald and Gecko are next.
Spending another Love charge to make sure one kit is Lightning just bc it's on the rarer elemental side.

4 kits. Woohoo

Your cat's base coat is Chestnut with Blanket Appaloosa and Tobiano. It's magic is Plants
Your cat's base coat is Champagne with Tovero and Candleflame Tabby. It's magic is Earth. Their extra trait is Accessories
Your cat's base coat is Cinnamon with Frosted (Horse). It's magic is Earth. Their extra trait is Scars
Your cat's base coat is Lavender with Badger-Themed Markings. It's magic is Lightning. Their extra traits are Scars, Whiskers, and Accessories

Mate Picking

Enflame and Haven.

Sleuthing

On a 19, one of them gets a clue.
On a 20,one of them gets a clue.
No one gets a clue.

Total Clues: 2

Light Clue #1;

"Whoever did it, I think they had a dark coat color. It's...weird. Some things have like....reflection memory. And while I couldn't make out a ton of it, on the goblet that one of the boys drank, there was a memory of a dark cat. I couldn't tell what shade of dark it was, but.... it was dark."

Poison Clue #1;
"Whoever did the poisoning was really, REALLY powerful with their Poison Magic. I tasted it and it nearly knocked me off my paws. Thank goodness Jeremy was nearby to heal me. They either are working with, I'd say a Paragon Poison Magician, or someone who was born a Poison Stork. But hey, don't look at me, it wasn't me!"
Moon 65

Starvation is still being waived.

Recruitment:
Your cat's base coat is Palomino with Rabicano and Leopard Appaloosa. It's magic is Death. Their extra traits are Claw Edits, Missing Limb, and Scars

Good. Ness. Gracious.
That's an omen if I've ever seen one.
As usual there is a five round grace period before you can claim the Death Storkie, so I can work with them.

Drama

Helios and Loelle have kits.
They have two kits.
I'm gonna expend a Love charge to make sure we get one love kit out of this.

Your cat's base coat is Black with Unnatural Coat Marking, Birdcatcher, and Flecking. It's magic is Shadow
Your cat's base coat is Apricot (Horse) with Sabino, Varnish Roan, and African Wild Dog. It's magic is Love

Drama 2
7. Mission! Pick two cats at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it's a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

Haven and Gecko.

Both come out alive.

Kitting Moon

Noelle and Von have their kits.

Your cat's base coat is Champagne with Ticked Tabby and Brindle (Canine). It's magic is Faunal. Their extra trait is Claw Edits
Your cat's base coat is Calico with Sooty, Moonblessed, and Lacing. It's magic is Earth. Their extra traits are Claw Edits and Scars

Gerald and Gecko are next.
Spending another Love charge to make sure one kit is Lightning just bc it's on the rarer elemental side.

4 kits. Woohoo

Your cat's base coat is Chestnut with Blanket Appaloosa and Tobiano. It's magic is Plants
Your cat's base coat is Champagne with Tovero and Candleflame Tabby. It's magic is Earth. Their extra trait is Accessories
Your cat's base coat is Cinnamon with Frosted (Horse). It's magic is Earth. Their extra trait is Scars
Your cat's base coat is Lavender with Badger-Themed Markings. It's magic is Lightning. Their extra traits are Scars, Whiskers, and Accessories

Mate Picking

Enflame and Haven.

Sleuthing

On a 19, one of them gets a clue.
On a 20,one of them gets a clue.
No one gets a clue.

Total Clues: 2

Light Clue #1;

"Whoever did it, I think they had a dark coat color. It's...weird. Some things have like....reflection memory. And while I couldn't make out a ton of it, on the goblet that one of the boys drank, there was a memory of a dark cat. I couldn't tell what shade of dark it was, but.... it was dark."

Poison Clue #1;
"Whoever did the poisoning was really, REALLY powerful with their Poison Magic. I tasted it and it nearly knocked me off my paws. Thank goodness Jeremy was nearby to heal me. They either are working with, I'd say a Paragon Poison Magician, or someone who was born a Poison Stork. But hey, don't look at me, it wasn't me!"
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19