Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LF] Testers (interactive story project)
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/PurJtbR.png[/img][/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][size=7][b]hello good people![/b][/size][/font] [font=Century Gothic][size=4]So, I've been working on what is essentially an interactive story/choose your own adventure/it's practically a game now ugh for a while now. It's an FR based project, taking place in what is essentially an AU version of Sornieth, but trying to write it all out and check it over for typos/issues/off parts/etc is turning into a bit much. While there's still a lot left to do, I hope to have a finished interactive story one day, and I can only get so far solely with my own hard work and no outside opinion/feedback :')) I am not quite able to look critically at my own project after staring myself blind at it, apparently. Which is why I figured I would ask if there's anyone out there that'd be willing to help out with some of the lighter work! There's only one real rule to it- [b]do not share the project[/b]! Which means no sharing links, no talking to people about it, and generally just keeping it under wraps. I want to finish up as much as possible and polish it off before making it a public thing. Outside of that, as long as you're cool with spooky/darker themes, there's nothing specific that needs mention. I totally get that this isn't something others would want to dedicate loads of time to, but I would prefer that people are willing to set aside a couple of hours here and there on a fairly regular basis. I've been sinking a lot of time into this and would rather not get a whole bunch of people involved, but rather a few different people that have the time to spare. Please keep in mind that you will [i]not [/i]be fixing/editing/writing anything here, just letting me know about problems or things that require fixing. I intend to do as much as possible on my own. If you've got any questions, feel free to drop them here! I know this is a bit weird, and my explanations are vague at best lmao. Hopefully there's a few folk out there that don't mind, though :P And I am willing to compensate you for your time with in-game items or currency, should you want that (detailed at the bottom). No need to ping, I'm subbed. Should you want to help out, [b]please PM me[/b]! Put the subject as 'Project VOFC' so I can keep track of things easier, please <3 ----- [size=5][b]TASKS I'M LOOKING FOR HELP WITH[/b][/size] [LIST] [*][font=Century Gothic][b]General testing[/b] - you would basically be playing through the story several times, trying out the different options, and checking for dead ends or places where the code breaks. [*][font=Century Gothic][b]Text fixing[/b] - you would be scouring the text for typos, pointing out parts that are difficult to read/understand, and inconsistencies. [*][font=Century Gothic][b]Overall critiquing[/b] - you would provide general feedback and critique, whilst tracking down specific things that can be improved to make the story better. [/LIST] [/center] ----- [center][size=5][b]COMPENSATION[/b][/size] [LIST] [*][font=Century Gothic][b]General testing[/b] - 10kt/g pr playthrough, additional pay for finding issues & breaks. [*][font=Century Gothic][b]Text fixing[/b] - 1kt/g pr 5 typos or pr notable find. [*][font=Century Gothic][b]Overall critiquing[/b] - 5kt/g pr unique feedback or improvable issue. [/LIST][/center]
PurJtbR.png
hello good people!

So, I've been working on what is essentially an interactive story/choose your own adventure/it's practically a game now ugh for a while now. It's an FR based project, taking place in what is essentially an AU version of Sornieth, but trying to write it all out and check it over for typos/issues/off parts/etc is turning into a bit much. While there's still a lot left to do, I hope to have a finished interactive story one day, and I can only get so far solely with my own hard work and no outside opinion/feedback :')) I am not quite able to look critically at my own project after staring myself blind at it, apparently.

Which is why I figured I would ask if there's anyone out there that'd be willing to help out with some of the lighter work!

There's only one real rule to it- do not share the project! Which means no sharing links, no talking to people about it, and generally just keeping it under wraps. I want to finish up as much as possible and polish it off before making it a public thing.

Outside of that, as long as you're cool with spooky/darker themes, there's nothing specific that needs mention. I totally get that this isn't something others would want to dedicate loads of time to, but I would prefer that people are willing to set aside a couple of hours here and there on a fairly regular basis. I've been sinking a lot of time into this and would rather not get a whole bunch of people involved, but rather a few different people that have the time to spare. Please keep in mind that you will not be fixing/editing/writing anything here, just letting me know about problems or things that require fixing. I intend to do as much as possible on my own.

If you've got any questions, feel free to drop them here! I know this is a bit weird, and my explanations are vague at best lmao. Hopefully there's a few folk out there that don't mind, though :P And I am willing to compensate you for your time with in-game items or currency, should you want that (detailed at the bottom).

No need to ping, I'm subbed.

Should you want to help out, please PM me! Put the subject as 'Project VOFC' so I can keep track of things easier, please <3

TASKS I'M LOOKING FOR HELP WITH
  • General testing - you would basically be playing through the story several times, trying out the different options, and checking for dead ends or places where the code breaks.
  • Text fixing - you would be scouring the text for typos, pointing out parts that are difficult to read/understand, and inconsistencies.
  • Overall critiquing - you would provide general feedback and critique, whilst tracking down specific things that can be improved to make the story better.

COMPENSATION
  • General testing - 10kt/g pr playthrough, additional pay for finding issues & breaks.
  • Text fixing - 1kt/g pr 5 typos or pr notable find.
  • Overall critiquing - 5kt/g pr unique feedback or improvable issue.
___________________ 70571229.png ______
adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
This is sort of entirely unrelated, but I really adore how you did your Storybook and Clan lore. Amazing and very inspired!

Love how you did the art, map and banners: if your interactive story is anything near that quality, I bet it'd be a success!

Please keep creating and updating!

Love,
Islet.
This is sort of entirely unrelated, but I really adore how you did your Storybook and Clan lore. Amazing and very inspired!

Love how you did the art, map and banners: if your interactive story is anything near that quality, I bet it'd be a success!

Please keep creating and updating!

Love,
Islet.
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
@Islet Ahh, I don't mind unrelated! Thank you ;A; That's really nice to hear, omg, and it's always so fun to know someone likes the chaos I come up with. :P This project is quite heavily related to my clan lore, so hopefully it'll turn out of similar quality. I will absolutely be crossing my fingers it'll turn out a success in the end :D

Thank you very much for such kind words, I hope you have a great day! <3
@Islet Ahh, I don't mind unrelated! Thank you ;A; That's really nice to hear, omg, and it's always so fun to know someone likes the chaos I come up with. :P This project is quite heavily related to my clan lore, so hopefully it'll turn out of similar quality. I will absolutely be crossing my fingers it'll turn out a success in the end :D

Thank you very much for such kind words, I hope you have a great day! <3
___________________ 70571229.png ______
adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop