Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Post a dragon, get a lore idea (FULL)
1 2
[center][Item=toridae mythology][Size=5]lore ideas[/size][item=forgotten poet's tools] Ever look at one of your dragons and say "wow! I have absolutely no idea whatsoever about what to do with my dragon's lore,"? Well then, have i got a deal for you! Here's the deal. You post any of your dragons and i'll try to come with a lore idea (or several!) and hopefully that'll help. You can keep those ideas, use them for other dragons, whatever. You don't have to credit me, but if you do write one into your dragon's lore, feel free to ping me, i'd love it see it. The more apparel the dragon has, the better. Skins and accents are great as well. You can 100% post a dragon without either, but it may be harder to come up with ideas. Another thing is that it may take a while to write out ideas, and i won't always be able to come up with something. However, i will try. I've never done this before, so no guarantees yet. Im only taking five dragons at the moment and if this ends up working out then i'll be open for more.[/center] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [b]Slots[/b] 1 - zeraphir (2 dragons) 2 - dianounais (2 dragons) 3 - dropout 4 - coincidence 5 - [center][emoji=new friend size=1] I'm subbed, don't worry too much if you forget to ping. [b]Edit[/b] - closing to catch up on the current dragons posted, I'm not abandoning this yet Quick reminder that this is all free
Toridae Mythology lore ideas Forgotten Poet's Tools

Ever look at one of your dragons and say "wow! I have absolutely no idea whatsoever about what to do with my dragon's lore,"? Well then, have i got a deal for you!

Here's the deal. You post any of your dragons and i'll try to come with a lore idea (or several!) and hopefully that'll help. You can keep those ideas, use them for other dragons, whatever. You don't have to credit me, but if you do write one into your dragon's lore, feel free to ping me, i'd love it see it.

The more apparel the dragon has, the better. Skins and accents are great as well. You can 100% post a dragon without either, but it may be harder to come up with ideas.

Another thing is that it may take a while to write out ideas, and i won't always be able to come up with something. However, i will try.

I've never done this before, so no guarantees yet. Im only taking five dragons at the moment and if this ends up working out then i'll be open for more.

Slots

1 - zeraphir (2 dragons)
2 - dianounais (2 dragons)
3 - dropout
4 - coincidence
5 -
I'm subbed, don't worry too much if you forget to ping.

Edit - closing to catch up on the current dragons posted, I'm not abandoning this yet

Quick reminder that this is all free
Oh this shall be fun [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46646914][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/466470/46646914_350.png[/img][/url] Right now this lady is holding my bio template, and the anniversary scene. I thought of have her as an archeologist or something but am currently at a complete loss for true ideas. Personality, job, history, I need help!
Oh this shall be fun
46646914_350.png
Right now this lady is holding my bio template, and the anniversary scene. I thought of have her as an archeologist or something but am currently at a complete loss for true ideas. Personality, job, history, I need help!
LMLA6wg.png
I would love it if you'd come up with something for Elvyra! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36284521][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/362846/36284521_350.png[/img][/url]
I would love it if you'd come up with something for Elvyra!

36284521_350.png
Hiero is my main blank slate, and a bit of help with him would be great! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69184997][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/691850/69184997_350.png[/img][/url]
Hiero is my main blank slate, and a bit of help with him would be great!
69184997_350.png
Be-Funky-design.jpg _____________________________________
Call me Storm - She/Her - Writer
Consider joining my applyfic - Hunters
TD98mt2.png
@wolfdragon3036

I like your idea of Huntersnap as an archaeologist, and the runes contribute to that effect. Of course dragons don't have to follow the personality of their flight, but there's some interesting about a lightning dragon being an archaeologist. You could even have her construct tools and devices to aid in her work. Maybe being a bit riduculous here, but maybe the runes on her scales are a way of taking notes? If she doesn't always have paper or a way of recording on her, she may write down small snippets of information on her scales in as few words as possible.

Another thing is she comes across as very nature-y. From her name, color scheme, to her familiar. She could easily be a hunter or gardener as well.

Continuing the first idea-
Being in Water as a ridgeback, she likely still mimics the rolling in desert sand, by doing the same on beaches as a habit. She could follow in the habit of "borrowing" by conducting her own research and happening to borrow artifacts to study them. If a dragon has a treasured fossil or relic in their lair, she'd probably sneak in and help herself to it.

course, not a lot of places to find artifacts when the region is all ocean, unless she's researching interesting sea fossils and seashells.

I'm going to add more ideas to this later, i hope you don't mind how close i stuck to the archaeologist idea.

Also, maybe her familiar brings her fish. She is a ridgeback after all.
@wolfdragon3036

I like your idea of Huntersnap as an archaeologist, and the runes contribute to that effect. Of course dragons don't have to follow the personality of their flight, but there's some interesting about a lightning dragon being an archaeologist. You could even have her construct tools and devices to aid in her work. Maybe being a bit riduculous here, but maybe the runes on her scales are a way of taking notes? If she doesn't always have paper or a way of recording on her, she may write down small snippets of information on her scales in as few words as possible.

Another thing is she comes across as very nature-y. From her name, color scheme, to her familiar. She could easily be a hunter or gardener as well.

Continuing the first idea-
Being in Water as a ridgeback, she likely still mimics the rolling in desert sand, by doing the same on beaches as a habit. She could follow in the habit of "borrowing" by conducting her own research and happening to borrow artifacts to study them. If a dragon has a treasured fossil or relic in their lair, she'd probably sneak in and help herself to it.

course, not a lot of places to find artifacts when the region is all ocean, unless she's researching interesting sea fossils and seashells.

I'm going to add more ideas to this later, i hope you don't mind how close i stuck to the archaeologist idea.

Also, maybe her familiar brings her fish. She is a ridgeback after all.
At first, I want to make him a ghost but I need more idea before I decide to go with it.
scry?sdid=445156&skin=33527&apparel=1751,30055,19450,23145,30062,35219,30056,35208,34611&xt=dressing.png
At first, I want to make him a ghost but I need more idea before I decide to go with it.
scry?sdid=445156&skin=33527&apparel=1751,30055,19450,23145,30062,35219,30056,35208,34611&xt=dressing.png
@kjolvor

Here's two small ideas I came up with

1 - A bandit, pirate or ruthless warrior bent on wearing both the bones of her enemies and of the fiercest of Sornieth's creatures to showcase her prowess in battle and to serve as a warning to others.

2 - an actual skeleton risen from Cairnstone Rest after her century-long rest was disturbed and her grave desecrated by treasure seekers. Now she wanders the land in an emperor-like state.

3 - or both, some sort of skeleton dragon who by magic, is still alive and has returned to her place on the battlefield.

Her carapace arm can be a prosthetic arm she had made to help in battle.
@kjolvor

Here's two small ideas I came up with

1 - A bandit, pirate or ruthless warrior bent on wearing both the bones of her enemies and of the fiercest of Sornieth's creatures to showcase her prowess in battle and to serve as a warning to others.

2 - an actual skeleton risen from Cairnstone Rest after her century-long rest was disturbed and her grave desecrated by treasure seekers. Now she wanders the land in an emperor-like state.

3 - or both, some sort of skeleton dragon who by magic, is still alive and has returned to her place on the battlefield.

Her carapace arm can be a prosthetic arm she had made to help in battle.
@xstormdragonx

For me, Hiero comes off a reckless mage.
A mage who is pushing and going beyond the rules of magic (not in a good way) and wrecking havoc with his spells, not willing to always stop or listen to other dragons.
He's got some character to him
@xstormdragonx

For me, Hiero comes off a reckless mage.
A mage who is pushing and going beyond the rules of magic (not in a good way) and wrecking havoc with his spells, not willing to always stop or listen to other dragons.
He's got some character to him
@kailiode

His entire outfit screams festival. I don't mean just by the name of the outfit itself, but by his accent, the lanterns, everything.
If i had to give him lore, i'd say he'd be a enchanter, an fortuneteller, a performer, or maybe a vendor that sells more floating lanterns. If you go ahead with the ghost idea, i think it'd be great in it's own. He can even be a benevolent ghost that mysteriously appears during festivals. (Or maybe not so benevolent, just look at that concerning familiar)

If he's a ghost that can make himself invisible, he can be the one throwing petals in the air and holding lanterns up
@kailiode

His entire outfit screams festival. I don't mean just by the name of the outfit itself, but by his accent, the lanterns, everything.
If i had to give him lore, i'd say he'd be a enchanter, an fortuneteller, a performer, or maybe a vendor that sells more floating lanterns. If you go ahead with the ghost idea, i think it'd be great in it's own. He can even be a benevolent ghost that mysteriously appears during festivals. (Or maybe not so benevolent, just look at that concerning familiar)

If he's a ghost that can make himself invisible, he can be the one throwing petals in the air and holding lanterns up
@Mirrorlight
I love the ideas so far! She’s pretty far down currently on my list of bios, so have at it if she inspires you for more lore! I don’t mind how close you stuck to the archeologist theme as well
@Mirrorlight
I love the ideas so far! She’s pretty far down currently on my list of bios, so have at it if she inspires you for more lore! I don’t mind how close you stuck to the archeologist theme as well
LMLA6wg.png
1 2