Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 165 166
[center][quote=September 23 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]The water was so cold. Touching it shocked them back to their senses.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Morigan @Cotinga[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote name="fyi" date="2021-09-23 15:58:00" ] [center][quote=September 23 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]The water was so cold. Touching it shocked them back to their senses.[/size][/quote] The fae scrambled to the shore, laying themselves out on the bank. They were breathing hard, trying to catch their breath. They looked up at the waterfall they’d slipped down, amazed that they survived. Then they remembered the pursuer they’d fallen down the waterfall escaping. They jumped to their feet and took off, trying to escape the beastclan. Hearing wing flaps behind them, they turned around and saw a horde of emerald webwings coming after them. They beat their wings harder and then dove into a blue-colored bush, hoping to camouflage.
fyi wrote on 2021-09-23 15:58:00:
September 23 2021 wrote:
The water was so cold. Touching it shocked them back to their senses.

The fae scrambled to the shore, laying themselves out on the bank. They were breathing hard, trying to catch their breath. They looked up at the waterfall they’d slipped down, amazed that they survived. Then they remembered the pursuer they’d fallen down the waterfall escaping. They jumped to their feet and took off, trying to escape the beastclan. Hearing wing flaps behind them, they turned around and saw a horde of emerald webwings coming after them. They beat their wings harder and then dove into a blue-colored bush, hoping to camouflage.
[center][quote=September 24 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]It would always end well. Just as long as they were there.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Morigan @Cotinga[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
Might I be removed from the pinglist? Thanks in advance!
Might I be removed from the pinglist? Thanks in advance!
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
@QuirkyJunimo
omg backstory!! finally we'll know the full extent of vulture and zuri's relationship
hmm... why exactly did zuri get angry? what specifically made her angry? was there a trigger event of some sort? attempted murder is normally not justified, no matter how mean and arrogant her friend has become. (i mean this in terms of story motivations btw, not irl. murder is NEVER justified irl.) and did zuri not have any qualms about hurting her friend? ig regular dragon mortality means little to her as she can heal any wound on herself, plus dragon kids would probably play a bit rough, but i don't think that would constitute cutting the neck. the neck/throat is a very delicate area, after all. i would love a closer look on the actions leading up to the event, as well as zuri's thought process there!
and vulture retaliated, no surprise there. was it self-defense or done with malicious intent, though? i feel like that would be hard to judge, no one is exactly in the 'right' in that sort of situation. what an unfortunate childhood incident, ouch. poor vulture and zuri :(
i'm curious, are the italics zuri or vulture thinking/promising to themselves?
so tango's sis has lightning powers... how do elements work in your lore? can any dragon of any element wield any element? i know you said zuri can wield shadow magic, which is frankly impressive bc of how closely she's already tied to fire magic. (oh god, could someone douse primal eyes with water? that would be super uncomfortable for a fire primal, i bet. omg, what if someone electrouted a water primal. oh no. oh NO. so many horrifying possibilities i don't wanna think about aaa. i'm sorry i went on a tangent there-)
the fluff with three dragons/enchanted dessert having fun together is adorable, though! glad to see tango back with their mom after vulture attempted to kidnap em

@ZipZapZoom
i never knew about chuck norris jokes until now. you have opened my eyes.
side characters are always lovely, but be sure that they're all still distinguishable! or it just ends being forgettable names and faces that only serve for more confusion.
it's amazing how grum, once dedicated to being a hermit, is now surrounded by a pack of mirrors and has basically adopted a child. as well as inviting friends over! never knew he had it in him *wipes a tear*
was grum's accent always there, or is it just that i'm noticing it now? o.O
the mirrors are surprisingly friendly ngl. grum outright stating he's creeped out by it all feels a bit out of character for him, though—maybe try to show, not tell, that emotion the mirrors bring up in him? or say something like 'it was unnerving' or 'unusual', instead of saying that it creeped grum out outright. but then again, you're the one who created him, so you know him better than i do! :P

@Cotinga
welcome to the thread! i hope you enjoy it here :D
a few starting tips: when you're writing, make sure to utilize the enter key! while one big paragraph might condense your writing, it's a pain to read, and people hate text walls when doing leisure reading. (i know i'm being a bit of a hypocrite here but technically i'm commenting rn, not actually writing a story. if i were writing a story i would definitely space properly!)
another thing is to keep an eye on your tenses! for your first post's paragraph, you started out in past tense, but towards the end you switched to present. try to keep all in one tense, since it's easier to make sense of, both chronologically and just in general. you did great with this on your second post, though, so great job!
cotinga is a very rational dragon, i love that instead of charging blindly in to help a person crying out she pauses to consider the fact that she hasn't heard footsteps, eventually coming to the conclusion that whatever she's hearing isn't a real dragon and she's gotta get out of here. it says a lot about her character that she thinks logically about the situation first!
the unnamed fae in your second scenario... i wonder how they attracted the attention of so many emerald webwings? XD poor them being chased. slipping down a waterfall could not have been pleasant, considering how small faes are. hopefully it wasn't too big of one!
@QuirkyJunimo
omg backstory!! finally we'll know the full extent of vulture and zuri's relationship
hmm... why exactly did zuri get angry? what specifically made her angry? was there a trigger event of some sort? attempted murder is normally not justified, no matter how mean and arrogant her friend has become. (i mean this in terms of story motivations btw, not irl. murder is NEVER justified irl.) and did zuri not have any qualms about hurting her friend? ig regular dragon mortality means little to her as she can heal any wound on herself, plus dragon kids would probably play a bit rough, but i don't think that would constitute cutting the neck. the neck/throat is a very delicate area, after all. i would love a closer look on the actions leading up to the event, as well as zuri's thought process there!
and vulture retaliated, no surprise there. was it self-defense or done with malicious intent, though? i feel like that would be hard to judge, no one is exactly in the 'right' in that sort of situation. what an unfortunate childhood incident, ouch. poor vulture and zuri :(
i'm curious, are the italics zuri or vulture thinking/promising to themselves?
so tango's sis has lightning powers... how do elements work in your lore? can any dragon of any element wield any element? i know you said zuri can wield shadow magic, which is frankly impressive bc of how closely she's already tied to fire magic. (oh god, could someone douse primal eyes with water? that would be super uncomfortable for a fire primal, i bet. omg, what if someone electrouted a water primal. oh no. oh NO. so many horrifying possibilities i don't wanna think about aaa. i'm sorry i went on a tangent there-)
the fluff with three dragons/enchanted dessert having fun together is adorable, though! glad to see tango back with their mom after vulture attempted to kidnap em

@ZipZapZoom
i never knew about chuck norris jokes until now. you have opened my eyes.
side characters are always lovely, but be sure that they're all still distinguishable! or it just ends being forgettable names and faces that only serve for more confusion.
it's amazing how grum, once dedicated to being a hermit, is now surrounded by a pack of mirrors and has basically adopted a child. as well as inviting friends over! never knew he had it in him *wipes a tear*
was grum's accent always there, or is it just that i'm noticing it now? o.O
the mirrors are surprisingly friendly ngl. grum outright stating he's creeped out by it all feels a bit out of character for him, though—maybe try to show, not tell, that emotion the mirrors bring up in him? or say something like 'it was unnerving' or 'unusual', instead of saying that it creeped grum out outright. but then again, you're the one who created him, so you know him better than i do! :P

@Cotinga
welcome to the thread! i hope you enjoy it here :D
a few starting tips: when you're writing, make sure to utilize the enter key! while one big paragraph might condense your writing, it's a pain to read, and people hate text walls when doing leisure reading. (i know i'm being a bit of a hypocrite here but technically i'm commenting rn, not actually writing a story. if i were writing a story i would definitely space properly!)
another thing is to keep an eye on your tenses! for your first post's paragraph, you started out in past tense, but towards the end you switched to present. try to keep all in one tense, since it's easier to make sense of, both chronologically and just in general. you did great with this on your second post, though, so great job!
cotinga is a very rational dragon, i love that instead of charging blindly in to help a person crying out she pauses to consider the fact that she hasn't heard footsteps, eventually coming to the conclusion that whatever she's hearing isn't a real dragon and she's gotta get out of here. it says a lot about her character that she thinks logically about the situation first!
the unnamed fae in your second scenario... i wonder how they attracted the attention of so many emerald webwings? XD poor them being chased. slipping down a waterfall could not have been pleasant, considering how small faes are. hopefully it wasn't too big of one!
poem shop
writing prompts
@fyi
In my lore, Zuri doesn’t really understand that well that most dragon’s are mortal and their wounds do not heal. Zuri’s attacks are also slightly weaker than a level five’s attacks.

The italics are Zuri’s thoughts, based off of a drawing my friend drew of Zuri looking really edgy (Tears on her face, a grin, awsome fire in the back ground, half of the drawing in black in white, and the words “I had a friend.. she will pay”

The reason why Zuri can use shadow magic is because her father is from a shadow clan, who used shadow magic on some glass and Zuri absorbed it. Thunder can use lightning because both of her parents are from a lightning clan. Tango is from a shadow clan, Thunder is from my clan.
@fyi
In my lore, Zuri doesn’t really understand that well that most dragon’s are mortal and their wounds do not heal. Zuri’s attacks are also slightly weaker than a level five’s attacks.

The italics are Zuri’s thoughts, based off of a drawing my friend drew of Zuri looking really edgy (Tears on her face, a grin, awsome fire in the back ground, half of the drawing in black in white, and the words “I had a friend.. she will pay”

The reason why Zuri can use shadow magic is because her father is from a shadow clan, who used shadow magic on some glass and Zuri absorbed it. Thunder can use lightning because both of her parents are from a lightning clan. Tango is from a shadow clan, Thunder is from my clan.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
@fyi - I might have tried to fit too much into it while at the same time keeping it too short.

Grum is upset that the pack clearly knows him, and these three especially, but there are no notes about it and he can smell no memories from any but Red. He is very unsettled by it, but something about it all feels familiar enough that he's also comforted. This has him confused, but he won't admit any of it. The trio has guessed all this, and is intentionally harrassing Grum. Red is beginning to guess parts of this, but hasn't acted on it.

I have a line written that I've tried putting into a post several times but don't seem to be able to actually get out, "Most dragons had a tendency to think tundras were easy to take advantage of, but...." and it all relates back to their memory. TBH, the biggest reason I am sticking with Grum and Trundle is that thinking how his memory affects his life is interesting to me.

I've also had to scrap a lot of lines referencing Grum's attitude toward others and one little gem about Birkin trying to correct something Trundle said, but Grum being completely unconcerned about her budding prejudice against the fire dragons. So don't get overly proud about his attitude. He still assumes he hates others, and doesn't care if Trundle does actively start doing so.

I've written yet another way to get them to the arcane. So-ome of that might come out a bit there if it gets posted.
@fyi - I might have tried to fit too much into it while at the same time keeping it too short.

Grum is upset that the pack clearly knows him, and these three especially, but there are no notes about it and he can smell no memories from any but Red. He is very unsettled by it, but something about it all feels familiar enough that he's also comforted. This has him confused, but he won't admit any of it. The trio has guessed all this, and is intentionally harrassing Grum. Red is beginning to guess parts of this, but hasn't acted on it.

I have a line written that I've tried putting into a post several times but don't seem to be able to actually get out, "Most dragons had a tendency to think tundras were easy to take advantage of, but...." and it all relates back to their memory. TBH, the biggest reason I am sticking with Grum and Trundle is that thinking how his memory affects his life is interesting to me.

I've also had to scrap a lot of lines referencing Grum's attitude toward others and one little gem about Birkin trying to correct something Trundle said, but Grum being completely unconcerned about her budding prejudice against the fire dragons. So don't get overly proud about his attitude. He still assumes he hates others, and doesn't care if Trundle does actively start doing so.

I've written yet another way to get them to the arcane. So-ome of that might come out a bit there if it gets posted.
...signature loading....
(: (might contain (implied) content that's unsettling to some) [quote]It would always end well. Just as long as they were there.[/quote] [i]The rain would always come at night, soothing my sleep. I remember its pattering drops, the rhythm lulling me to sleep. Thunder's rumbles wrapped around me like a blanket, mirroring [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65559600]his[/url] wings. It's funny how thunder sounds purple like his feathers. Maybe the stains on my claws won't mean anything to him. He told me I could always come home to him, tell him everything on my mind and cuddle up against his fluff. Maybe this is just paint. He said I was good at painting. I told myself it would always end well, so long as he was there- But I never admitted that he wouldn't always be there, at least not in the way I wanted. I never thought he'd be the one to turn on me. I suppose it fits. Maybe when I explain, it'll be okay. He's still here for me- right?
(:

(might contain (implied) content that's unsettling to some)
Quote:
It would always end well. Just as long as they were there.

The rain would always come at night, soothing my sleep. I remember its pattering drops, the rhythm lulling me to sleep.

Thunder's rumbles wrapped around me like a blanket, mirroring his wings. It's funny how thunder sounds purple like his feathers.

Maybe the stains on my claws won't mean anything to him. He told me I could always come home to him, tell him everything on my mind and cuddle up against his fluff.

Maybe this is just paint. He said I was good at painting.

I told myself it would always end well, so long as he was there-

But I never admitted that he wouldn't always be there, at least not in the way I wanted.

I never thought he'd be the one to turn on me.

I suppose it fits.

Maybe when I explain, it'll be okay.

He's still here for me- right?
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
this one's inspired a bit by an artist i've been listening to a lot recently i'm not sure who this is about, or for, but hopefully it provokes some thought (: edit: i didn't realise one of the words would be censored. gave me a heart attack when i saw the asterisks, ngl addendum: um. is this word actually a swear? update: oh. it has another meaning. oops. imma change it.. ^^' was trying to make a small pun out of it, but oh well (synonym for being poked/stabbed, since roses have thorns, which poke/stab) [quote]Maybe things didn't end in the way they'd wanted them to. But it was nice to finally have closure.[/quote] [i]The rose in my garden was being a jerk yesterday. I told it to stop, but it only encroached further on its neighbours. The tulip was laughing at the poor buds being squashed, yet cried when the rose stabbed it, too. The daises cowered in fear, hugging their grass-mates and hiding from the meaner flora towering above. I wish the rocks spoke the same language as the plants. Maybe then there'd be peace. I wish the birds' song meant what I thought it did. Maybe then I'd have someone to listen. Maybe things will never go the way I want them to. Maybe I need to let the sand fall from my hands. But I don't want to- it's so soothing, warmed by the sun and full of tiny, soft grains. Maybe if I set it down in its box and ignore it long enough I'll stop being so attached to it. And if I don't- if I still don't want to let go, at least I'd finally have closure. At least then the rose won't bother me so much. At least then the tulips' taunts won't mean anything to me. At least then I'd have the strength to help the daises, and talk to the birds and rocks. And, at the end of the day, when I go outside to hug the wind, there'll finally be peace.
this one's inspired a bit by an artist i've been listening to a lot recently

i'm not sure who this is about, or for, but hopefully it provokes some thought (:

edit: i didn't realise one of the words would be censored. gave me a heart attack when i saw the asterisks, ngl

addendum: um. is this word actually a swear?

update: oh. it has another meaning. oops. imma change it.. ^^' was trying to make a small pun out of it, but oh well (synonym for being poked/stabbed, since roses have thorns, which poke/stab)

Quote:
Maybe things didn't end in the way they'd wanted them to. But it was nice to finally have closure.

The rose in my garden was being a jerk yesterday. I told it to stop, but it only encroached further on its neighbours.

The tulip was laughing at the poor buds being squashed, yet cried when the rose stabbed it, too.

The daises cowered in fear, hugging their grass-mates and hiding from the meaner flora towering above.

I wish the rocks spoke the same language as the plants. Maybe then there'd be peace.

I wish the birds' song meant what I thought it did. Maybe then I'd have someone to listen.

Maybe things will never go the way I want them to. Maybe I need to let the sand fall from my hands. But I don't want to- it's so soothing, warmed by the sun and full of tiny, soft grains.

Maybe if I set it down in its box and ignore it long enough I'll stop being so attached to it. And if I don't- if I still don't want to let go, at least I'd finally have closure.

At least then the rose won't bother me so much. At least then the tulips' taunts won't mean anything to me. At least then I'd have the strength to help the daises, and talk to the birds and rocks.

And, at the end of the day, when I go outside to hug the wind, there'll finally be peace.
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
[quote]It would always end well. Just as long as they were there.[/quote] [center] It was so strange. Traveler had always thought himself an outsider. Stuck between two worlds and not quite fitting into either... Too weak for one, too dangerous for the other. Never able to trust anyone but himself. And then, suddenly, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/11262839]she[/url] was there. She did not speak, so he could call her a liar. She did not tell him of her trust in him, her turned back did so loud and clear. She did not put into words that she wished to keep his company. She simply came and settled beside him. And when she wished others to know that she would take issue with any who bothered him? She did use her voice but to growl. They understood. The blood red glint along her bared fangs was quite telling indeed. And so, when he realized what he felt, he took example from her. He did not want to tell her. His tongue told lies too often for that. His talons did not, as he kept them from pushing her away. His wing did not when he draped it across her back. His magic did not as it wove around a silly gossip, turning her prized golden scales as black as his lady's. And then the time of in between was over. The time of silence was through. She spoke. "There is nothing left for us here." He answered. "Nothing but revenge." She purred. His magic blossomed. They were a pair of serpents in the night. It was a risk, to strike in the heart of a mighty clan. But they were bound. Mind, blood and soul. Wherever they would go, on this world or another... They would go together. And it would be fine. [/center]
Quote:
It would always end well. Just as long as they were there.
It was so strange.
Traveler had always thought himself an outsider.
Stuck between two worlds and not quite fitting into either...
Too weak for one, too dangerous for the other.
Never able to trust anyone but himself.
And then, suddenly, she was there.

She did not speak, so he could call her a liar.
She did not tell him of her trust in him, her turned back did so loud and clear.
She did not put into words that she wished to keep his company.
She simply came and settled beside him.
And when she wished others to know that she would take issue with any who bothered him?
She did use her voice but to growl.
They understood.
The blood red glint along her bared fangs was quite telling indeed.

And so, when he realized what he felt, he took example from her.
He did not want to tell her.
His tongue told lies too often for that.
His talons did not, as he kept them from pushing her away.
His wing did not when he draped it across her back.
His magic did not as it wove around a silly gossip,
turning her prized golden scales as black as his lady's.

And then the time of in between was over.
The time of silence was through.
She spoke.
"There is nothing left for us here."
He answered.
"Nothing but revenge."
She purred.
His magic blossomed.
They were a pair of serpents in the night.

It was a risk, to strike in the heart of a mighty clan.
But they were bound.
Mind, blood and soul.
Wherever they would go, on this world or another...
They would go together.
And it would be fine.
1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 165 166