Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 165 166
[center][quote=May 7 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Haven't you heard? They've long since already left. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @theGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
dw guys, wof is great but fanboying over it would go in a separate thread XD
(also these are short today sorry, i'm a bit pooped rn)

@CatInDisguise
AHHHH THAT ENDING YOU JERKKK (in a good way ofc :')

@kawiikatz
lol, was firepunch inspired by pokemon? (also nice sig :eyes:)
dw guys, wof is great but fanboying over it would go in a separate thread XD
(also these are short today sorry, i'm a bit pooped rn)

@CatInDisguise
AHHHH THAT ENDING YOU JERKKK (in a good way ofc :')

@kawiikatz
lol, was firepunch inspired by pokemon? (also nice sig :eyes:)
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote]Haven't you heard? They've long since already left.[/quote] "We're baaaaack!" A squadron of Skydancers in all sorts of colours landed on the dunes, sand splashing outward in great waves. Their leader, a well-groomed, dark red dragon with stars splashing across his snout, shushed his subordinates. "Something's wrong." Stiletto held his face up to the night sky, trying to pick up any emotions (or motions) with his antennae. Nothing. The desert was still and silent, only dry winds and Neptune's clumsy talons daring to make the slightest sounds. "Haven't you heard?" Stiletto turned to a familiar voice he hadn't heard in a moon. Poltergeist was looking down at a small rock on the ground, his voice rough from being unused for so long. "They've long since been gone..." Gloom stamped Stiletto into sitting. "I didn't... why didn't you tell me?" "Or me," Neptune added. He brushed Stiletto's wing with his own, a rare gesture of comfort. "But I thought- I thought Sundown would wait for us," Stiletto whispered, disbelief clouding his senses. "I guess they didn't. Maybe they were actually serious..." Warm scales pressed along Stiletto's side, and feathers covered his back. "We can't protect everyone, you know." Poltergeist settled his tail over his talons in a soft swish of sand. "Sometimes dragons find the path they're on doesn't suit them anymore." "Maybe we should give Sundown some alone time." Neptune sat on Stiletto's other side. "Maybe we were annoying them by always coming to talk to them." Something stirred. [i]Someone[/i]; slightly warmed, yet shattered and confused. "I think we should." The someone moved out of range, leaving behind dropped pieces of sorrow and anger, all soaked in a puddle of relief. [i]They'll come back. I know it.[/i]
Quote:
Haven't you heard? They've long since already left.

"We're baaaaack!"

A squadron of Skydancers in all sorts of colours landed on the dunes, sand splashing outward in great waves. Their leader, a well-groomed, dark red dragon with stars splashing across his snout, shushed his subordinates.

"Something's wrong." Stiletto held his face up to the night sky, trying to pick up any emotions (or motions) with his antennae.

Nothing. The desert was still and silent, only dry winds and Neptune's clumsy talons daring to make the slightest sounds.

"Haven't you heard?"

Stiletto turned to a familiar voice he hadn't heard in a moon.

Poltergeist was looking down at a small rock on the ground, his voice rough from being unused for so long. "They've long since been gone..."

Gloom stamped Stiletto into sitting. "I didn't... why didn't you tell me?"

"Or me," Neptune added. He brushed Stiletto's wing with his own, a rare gesture of comfort.

"But I thought- I thought Sundown would wait for us," Stiletto whispered, disbelief clouding his senses.

"I guess they didn't. Maybe they were actually serious..."

Warm scales pressed along Stiletto's side, and feathers covered his back.

"We can't protect everyone, you know." Poltergeist settled his tail over his talons in a soft swish of sand. "Sometimes dragons find the path they're on doesn't suit them anymore."

"Maybe we should give Sundown some alone time." Neptune sat on Stiletto's other side. "Maybe we were annoying them by always coming to talk to them."

Something stirred. Someone; slightly warmed, yet shattered and confused.

"I think we should."

The someone moved out of range, leaving behind dropped pieces of sorrow and anger, all soaked in a puddle of relief.

They'll come back. I know it.
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
@fyi

no worries, rest well :3
@fyi

no worries, rest well :3
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
[quote]Haven't you heard? They've long since already left.[/quote] [size=4][font=century][color=2b585c]I rushed out the door, fumbling with my keys as I locked it. I turned and ran through my yard, trampling the abundant weeds and not even bothering to double check the door. I opened and slammed the car door behind me, barely remembering to buckle my seatbelt. Leaving my driveway, I checked my watch. 13:24 How much time does he have? How long will it take to get there? Will I get there in time? A thousand different questions, thoughts, and scenarios swirled around in my mind, making me want to break down and lock myself in my room, pretending this wasn't real. But I can't do that. This is reality. I need to accept that. I grabbed my phone and tried to turn it on, but nothing happened. I tried again. Nothing. I held down the power button this time, waiting as a red battery icon appeared and then disappeared. I muttered a curse, realizing it was dead, and threw it onto the passenger's side of the car. I finally made it to the airport, after going what was definitely multiple miles over the speed limit. I parked and lifted my backpack to my shoulder with ease; it was nearly empty. I didn't have enough time to pack properly. I whizzed through the airport, finally getting a moment to sit and breathe as I waited for boarding to begin. I reached for my phone to charge it, feeling nothing in my back pocket. Of course. I left it in the car. Despite this being a time I could relax, I couldn't stop myself from pacing. Every second spent sitting here was a second wasted. A second I could never get back. Maybe a second too late. After what seemed like ages, they finally called for us to board. I just barely stopped myself from running onto the plane, scanning my boarding pass and heading directly for my seat at the very back of the plane. I sat down and sighed, sinking into my seat. The only thing I could do now is wait. There's no other option. I closed my eyes for what seemed like just a second. I saw him in my dreams. Memories of years past drifted by, and I reached out for them, but they were just beyond my fingertips. I couldn't reach them. I couldn't reach him. I sat up with a start as the passenger next to me tapped me, appearing annoyed. I apologized and got up to let them by. I then realized that we had already landed. I briskly walked off the plane and out the airport, getting into a taxi. My foot tapped anxiously as the car started up, mirroring the sound of my own heartbeat. It only took 5 minutes to get to the hospital. It felt like 5 days. I threw a 20 dollar bill at the driver and ran into the hospital; I rushed past the receptionist, already having memorized his room number. 1... 2... 3... 4... There! Room 5! I grabbed the door handle and almost ripped it open, then thought better of it and opened the door slowly, terrified of what I might see. But it wasn't anything I had expected. A woman sat there reading a book. She looked up, a friendly smile on her face. "Oh, you must be who they sent to change my IV," she reasoned. "After you're done with that, could you get me another book? I'm nearly done with this one." I stepped back in confusion, bumping into who I assumed was a doctor, based on her clothing. She mirrored my confused expression. "Are you lost?" she asked, looking at my frazzled appearance. I blinked tears out of my eyes. "Where's my brother?" I whispered, my voice already hoarse from crying on the drive here. The doctor's expression darkened. "You're the sister he was talking about..." she realized, her voice barely a murmur. "Haven't you heard? He's already gone. I'm so sorry." The tears I was holding in my eyes fell. I was right. I was too late. [rule] ah yes, i am in the mood to write sad things :>
Quote:
I rushed out the door, fumbling with my keys as I locked it. I turned and ran through my yard, trampling the abundant weeds and not even bothering to double check the door. I opened and slammed the car door behind me, barely remembering to buckle my seatbelt. Leaving my driveway, I checked my watch.

13:24

How much time does he have? How long will it take to get there? Will I get there in time? A thousand different questions, thoughts, and scenarios swirled around in my mind, making me want to break down and lock myself in my room, pretending this wasn't real.

But I can't do that. This is reality.

I need to accept that.

I grabbed my phone and tried to turn it on, but nothing happened. I tried again. Nothing. I held down the power button this time, waiting as a red battery icon appeared and then disappeared. I muttered a curse, realizing it was dead, and threw it onto the passenger's side of the car.

I finally made it to the airport, after going what was definitely multiple miles over the speed limit. I parked and lifted my backpack to my shoulder with ease; it was nearly empty. I didn't have enough time to pack properly.

I whizzed through the airport, finally getting a moment to sit and breathe as I waited for boarding to begin. I reached for my phone to charge it, feeling nothing in my back pocket.

Of course. I left it in the car.

Despite this being a time I could relax, I couldn't stop myself from pacing. Every second spent sitting here was a second wasted. A second I could never get back.

Maybe a second too late.

After what seemed like ages, they finally called for us to board. I just barely stopped myself from running onto the plane, scanning my boarding pass and heading directly for my seat at the very back of the plane. I sat down and sighed, sinking into my seat. The only thing I could do now is wait. There's no other option.

I closed my eyes for what seemed like just a second. I saw him in my dreams. Memories of years past drifted by, and I reached out for them, but they were just beyond my fingertips. I couldn't reach them. I couldn't reach him.

I sat up with a start as the passenger next to me tapped me, appearing annoyed. I apologized and got up to let them by. I then realized that we had already landed. I briskly walked off the plane and out the airport, getting into a taxi. My foot tapped anxiously as the car started up, mirroring the sound of my own heartbeat. It only took 5 minutes to get to the hospital. It felt like 5 days.

I threw a 20 dollar bill at the driver and ran into the hospital; I rushed past the receptionist, already having memorized his room number.

1... 2... 3... 4... There! Room 5! I grabbed the door handle and almost ripped it open, then thought better of it and opened the door slowly, terrified of what I might see.

But it wasn't anything I had expected. A woman sat there reading a book. She looked up, a friendly smile on her face.

"Oh, you must be who they sent to change my IV," she reasoned. "After you're done with that, could you get me another book? I'm nearly done with this one."

I stepped back in confusion, bumping into who I assumed was a doctor, based on her clothing. She mirrored my confused expression.

"Are you lost?" she asked, looking at my frazzled appearance.

I blinked tears out of my eyes. "Where's my brother?" I whispered, my voice already hoarse from crying on the drive here.

The doctor's expression darkened. "You're the sister he was talking about..." she realized, her voice barely a murmur. "Haven't you heard? He's already gone. I'm so sorry."

The tears I was holding in my eyes fell. I was right.

I was too late.

ah yes, i am in the mood to write sad things :>
@fyi
No it wasnt. It was inspired by phoenix punching stuff.
@fyi
No it wasnt. It was inspired by phoenix punching stuff.
Jay
They/them
Disociative Identity Disorder system
Please be paitent with us
[center][quote=May 8 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]There are so many ways to forget. [/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @Fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @theGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
@Inkwyrm
omigosh... the implications... i'll admit i don't quite understand everything going on but it still gives me this grief in my heart ahh
"Nothing. The desert was still and silent, only dry winds and Neptune's clumsy talons daring to make the slightest sounds."
lol i relate so hard with neptune here though

@TheGrayGhost
OH. MY. GOSH. YOU.
you really just broke my heart. i really should have expected that with the prompt but ahhhhhhhhh
i was like, wait, why are they so desperate? who is 'he'? where are they going? why did they leave their phone behind!? no one ever leaves their phone behind! D:

and then... punch to heart. and of course there had to be that heartbreaking moment of realisation. YOU.
i'll just go cry now bye.
@Inkwyrm
omigosh... the implications... i'll admit i don't quite understand everything going on but it still gives me this grief in my heart ahh
"Nothing. The desert was still and silent, only dry winds and Neptune's clumsy talons daring to make the slightest sounds."
lol i relate so hard with neptune here though

@TheGrayGhost
OH. MY. GOSH. YOU.
you really just broke my heart. i really should have expected that with the prompt but ahhhhhhhhh
i was like, wait, why are they so desperate? who is 'he'? where are they going? why did they leave their phone behind!? no one ever leaves their phone behind! D:

and then... punch to heart. and of course there had to be that heartbreaking moment of realisation. YOU.
i'll just go cry now bye.
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote]Haven't you heard? They've long since already left.[/quote] Not doing a story for my siries today. I did one with some old OCs. Also because agnst. Orca flitted in and out of sight. he only had a minute. He swirved left and right, trying not to be seen. His black scales blended in with the shadows. Finally, he reached his destination. Home. No. It was now a pile of ashes. Tears fell down his cheek. Something caught his attention. Dolphin. She was stirring feebly. He raced over to her nearly lifeless body. "Where are mom and dad? And Jewl?" he asked, his heart pounding with terror. "Haven't you heard? They've long since already left." she whispered. Frozen tears streamed down Orca's cheek. He knew what she ment. They were gone. Dead. And they wernt coming back. "what happened? I got your message that you were in trouble." "the bandits," she answered. "They set fire to the hut and stole everything. I only barely escaped..." she said, her breaths coming in whispers. Her lungs were filled with ash and smoke. She only had a few minutes to live. "Orca," She rasped. "Please. Take care of my egg." she whispered. "DOLPHIN!" Orca cried. His sisters eyes that were normaly a light blue went pale, unseeing. All life let from her body as her final breath left from her lungs. He would protect her egg. He took the egg that looked like a crystal made of purest ice. It would hatch any day now. Orca took off. Flying high and spending the rest of his days in the highland scrub. The egg hatched and grew up in the scrub for the rest of their days. Sorry this is five minutes late :D
Quote:
Not doing a story for my siries today. I did one with some old OCs. Also because agnst.

Orca flitted in and out of sight. he only had a minute. He swirved left and right, trying not to be seen. His black scales blended in with the shadows. Finally, he reached his destination. Home. No. It was now a pile of ashes. Tears fell down his cheek. Something caught his attention. Dolphin. She was stirring feebly. He raced over to her nearly lifeless body.
"Where are mom and dad? And Jewl?" he asked, his heart pounding with terror.
"Haven't you heard? They've long since already left." she whispered. Frozen tears streamed down Orca's cheek. He knew what she ment. They were gone. Dead. And they wernt coming back.
"what happened? I got your message that you were in trouble."
"the bandits," she answered. "They set fire to the hut and stole everything. I only barely escaped..." she said, her breaths coming in whispers. Her lungs were filled with ash and smoke. She only had a few minutes to live.
"Orca," She rasped. "Please. Take care of my egg." she whispered.
"DOLPHIN!" Orca cried. His sisters eyes that were normaly a light blue went pale, unseeing. All life let from her body as her final breath left from her lungs. He would protect her egg. He took the egg that looked like a crystal made of purest ice. It would hatch any day now. Orca took off. Flying high and spending the rest of his days in the highland scrub. The egg hatched and grew up in the scrub for the rest of their days.

Sorry this is five minutes late :D
Jay
They/them
Disociative Identity Disorder system
Please be paitent with us
@fyi

If you’d like I can explain?

(Lol, gotta have some humour so it doesn’t turn into grimdark >~<)
@fyi

If you’d like I can explain?

(Lol, gotta have some humour so it doesn’t turn into grimdark >~<)
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 165 166