Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Journey of the 3 [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[columns][item=Fangback Figurine][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 35[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]Art[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- The additions to the clan's small home were finished by the time the sun reached the highest point in the sky. Where there'd only been two rooms coming out from the main room there were now four more, with one dedicated to hosting any more eggs and nests. Small alcoves filled with soft materials lined the walls and a small fire in the centre to keep the room warm. It was cramped, especially for the larger dragons, but everyone hoped the eggs would be safe there, and someone would always be there to watch over any eggs that needed incubating. The other three rooms were two living spaces for Teri and Alyx, and a slightly larger living space that was almost functioning as a nursery for Fei and Piper while they were still young and needed looking after. But everyone was proud of the work they'd accomplished, and spent the rest of the day relaxing from the work they'd been doing. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] Aaand we have more art. Pinkerton's really testing how many spoons I can muster up to do all this :)
Fangback Figurine - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 35
Art

The additions to the clan's small home were finished by the time the sun reached the highest point in the sky. Where there'd only been two rooms coming out from the main room there were now four more, with one dedicated to hosting any more eggs and nests. Small alcoves filled with soft materials lined the walls and a small fire in the centre to keep the room warm. It was cramped, especially for the larger dragons, but everyone hoped the eggs would be safe there, and someone would always be there to watch over any eggs that needed incubating. The other three rooms were two living spaces for Teri and Alyx, and a slightly larger living space that was almost functioning as a nursery for Fei and Piper while they were still young and needed looking after. But everyone was proud of the work they'd accomplished, and spent the rest of the day relaxing from the work they'd been doing.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

Aaand we have more art. Pinkerton's really testing how many spoons I can muster up to do all this :)
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
[columns][item=Forgotten Poet's Tools][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 36[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]Art[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- As the weather hit another cold patch, the dragons bundled up inside, Azami and Doodle spending they day playing with the hatchlings while Sketch trailed around after Teri, only leaving her be when she decided to venture out of the warmth and into the cold breezes. Alyx spent the day in their room, though no one knew what they were doing in there, even though Brush tried to spy on them through a couple of cracks in the door, only stopping when Doodle and Azami caught him. And as the sun set, the dragons settled themselves down to bed and fell asleep peacefully, happy in their small home. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] I was pretty stuck for inspiration today, nothing much has really happened for the clan since that burst of dragons and Pinkerton really wants me to draw a load of art. But I think I might try doing some tomorrow. I kind of want more materials so I can do more writing stuff, I've got a lot of stuff I want to write about. And hey, why don't I write about it for these days when I have no inspiration? Because I want to do story progression stuff for the little bit of writing for these days, and I don't particularly want to end up running out of ideas, which if I have a string of materials like I've had trinkets, that could very well happen. But hey, we'll see what happens.
Forgotten Poet's Tools - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 36
Art

As the weather hit another cold patch, the dragons bundled up inside, Azami and Doodle spending they day playing with the hatchlings while Sketch trailed around after Teri, only leaving her be when she decided to venture out of the warmth and into the cold breezes. Alyx spent the day in their room, though no one knew what they were doing in there, even though Brush tried to spy on them through a couple of cracks in the door, only stopping when Doodle and Azami caught him. And as the sun set, the dragons settled themselves down to bed and fell asleep peacefully, happy in their small home.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

I was pretty stuck for inspiration today, nothing much has really happened for the clan since that burst of dragons and Pinkerton really wants me to draw a load of art. But I think I might try doing some tomorrow.

I kind of want more materials so I can do more writing stuff, I've got a lot of stuff I want to write about. And hey, why don't I write about it for these days when I have no inspiration? Because I want to do story progression stuff for the little bit of writing for these days, and I don't particularly want to end up running out of ideas, which if I have a string of materials like I've had trinkets, that could very well happen. But hey, we'll see what happens.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
[columns][item=Striated Rock][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 37[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]Writing[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- Everyone was amazed at how quickly Fei and Piper were growing up; it was seemingly only yesterday that they'd been tiny freshly hatched dragons and now they were rivalling Brush, Doodle and Sketch for size. And as they grew, they got stronger and less like hatchlings, quickly learning how to speak, and beginning to show signs of skill in wind magic, Piper seemingly more naturally gifted than her sister in this aspect. And everyone hoped that the two sisters would grow up strong, healthy and happy, even though one day they'd have to be told of their stillborn sister, and how she'd died. ----- ----- Brush could only feel guilt every time he looked towards the eggs he and Azami had made. He'd had no idea what was going to happen when he'd gone off with Azami that day, and coming back with eggs had been a shock to himself as much as Azami. But when he tried to push the guilt to the side, he just felt angry instead, never wanting to go as far as smashing the eggs that held his unborn children, but wanting to push the blame to someone else. Somehow. Glancing over at Azami who was curled up next to the eggs, he frowned. Maybe he could be angry at Azami, maybe he could put the blame on her. Though as she sighed and looked away from the eggs his anger towards her melted away. Of course he couldn't be angry at her. The real reason he was angry was because he was angry at himself, even if he didn't know any better, even though he was just a young dumb dragon who didn't know how the world worked. He liked Azami, he liked her a lot, but not in the way where he'd want to be a parent with her. And he already knew she didn't want to lie to their children, so they'd know he was the father. And he didn't want them to wonder why he and Azami weren't a loving couple. He'd always thought that that was how families were; loving parents who loved their children. Like himself, Doodle and Sketch, just with added parents who loved them. And yet, here he was, about to ruin his whole thought on what a family was with those three bouncing eggs over by Azami. But mostly, Brush was scared. He had no reference of how to be a father, of how to look after hatchlings. The only dragons he'd ever had to look after were Doodle and Sketch, and although he was the oldest, he was still the same age as them, and he was their brother, not their father. He didn't want to mess up being a parent, and he didn't think he was ready. But he had to be ready, because the eggs were going to hatch sooner or later, and he needed to be there to look after the hatchlings and to protect them. At least he knew how to protect them, like how he protected Doodle and Sketch. At least he could do that, and he wasn't going to be a complete failure. He hoped anyway. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] We jumped back in time today to explore Brush's feelings on having a clutch of eggs he hadn't been expecting or wanting! And there was a small set up for a future conversation that will be had with Fei and Piper at some point ;) My fever went, and with a little extra sleep I'm feeling back to normal :D Posts will be on a normal schedule from now on!
Striated Rock - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 37
Writing

Everyone was amazed at how quickly Fei and Piper were growing up; it was seemingly only yesterday that they'd been tiny freshly hatched dragons and now they were rivalling Brush, Doodle and Sketch for size. And as they grew, they got stronger and less like hatchlings, quickly learning how to speak, and beginning to show signs of skill in wind magic, Piper seemingly more naturally gifted than her sister in this aspect. And everyone hoped that the two sisters would grow up strong, healthy and happy, even though one day they'd have to be told of their stillborn sister, and how she'd died.

Brush could only feel guilt every time he looked towards the eggs he and Azami had made. He'd had no idea what was going to happen when he'd gone off with Azami that day, and coming back with eggs had been a shock to himself as much as Azami. But when he tried to push the guilt to the side, he just felt angry instead, never wanting to go as far as smashing the eggs that held his unborn children, but wanting to push the blame to someone else. Somehow. Glancing over at Azami who was curled up next to the eggs, he frowned. Maybe he could be angry at Azami, maybe he could put the blame on her. Though as she sighed and looked away from the eggs his anger towards her melted away. Of course he couldn't be angry at her. The real reason he was angry was because he was angry at himself, even if he didn't know any better, even though he was just a young dumb dragon who didn't know how the world worked.

He liked Azami, he liked her a lot, but not in the way where he'd want to be a parent with her. And he already knew she didn't want to lie to their children, so they'd know he was the father. And he didn't want them to wonder why he and Azami weren't a loving couple. He'd always thought that that was how families were; loving parents who loved their children. Like himself, Doodle and Sketch, just with added parents who loved them. And yet, here he was, about to ruin his whole thought on what a family was with those three bouncing eggs over by Azami.

But mostly, Brush was scared. He had no reference of how to be a father, of how to look after hatchlings. The only dragons he'd ever had to look after were Doodle and Sketch, and although he was the oldest, he was still the same age as them, and he was their brother, not their father. He didn't want to mess up being a parent, and he didn't think he was ready. But he had to be ready, because the eggs were going to hatch sooner or later, and he needed to be there to look after the hatchlings and to protect them. At least he knew how to protect them, like how he protected Doodle and Sketch. At least he could do that, and he wasn't going to be a complete failure. He hoped anyway.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

We jumped back in time today to explore Brush's feelings on having a clutch of eggs he hadn't been expecting or wanting! And there was a small set up for a future conversation that will be had with Fei and Piper at some point ;)

My fever went, and with a little extra sleep I'm feeling back to normal :D Posts will be on a normal schedule from now on!
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
[columns][item=Aviar Cave Painting][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 38[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]Art[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- Although Doodle had been wary of Alyx at first, since they'd joined the small clan they'd done nothing unusual or anything she felt was worrying. They just seemed, a little odd. But they helped out where they could, even if they were rather cryptic in answering any questions asked of them. The one area they really excelled at though, was entertaining Fei and Piper. The hatchlings, especially while they were still young, loved to watch Alyx conjure strange and fantastical images with their arcane magic, telling the sisters wonderous fairy stories and thinking up the best games to play when they didn't want to sit and listen to a story. And Doodle had noticed that with Alyx so willing to play with the hatchlings, something in both Azami and Brush had relaxed, and the pair had very quickly warmed to Alyx, and in turn been more relaxed around their children. And while Doodle was still a little wary of Alyx at times, she was glad that for whatever reason, they'd been able to help her family in this way. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] I decided to give a little more insight into Alyx and how they've integrated with the group today, and they seemed to me like the kind of dragon who'd be very good with young hatchlings. So that's what they are, very good with young hatchlings! :D And back to more art. I really do have a lot of this backed up now, but I'm keeping track of what I want to do for each day and I promise I will get around to it at some point.
Aviar Cave Painting - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 38
Art

Although Doodle had been wary of Alyx at first, since they'd joined the small clan they'd done nothing unusual or anything she felt was worrying. They just seemed, a little odd. But they helped out where they could, even if they were rather cryptic in answering any questions asked of them. The one area they really excelled at though, was entertaining Fei and Piper. The hatchlings, especially while they were still young, loved to watch Alyx conjure strange and fantastical images with their arcane magic, telling the sisters wonderous fairy stories and thinking up the best games to play when they didn't want to sit and listen to a story. And Doodle had noticed that with Alyx so willing to play with the hatchlings, something in both Azami and Brush had relaxed, and the pair had very quickly warmed to Alyx, and in turn been more relaxed around their children. And while Doodle was still a little wary of Alyx at times, she was glad that for whatever reason, they'd been able to help her family in this way.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

I decided to give a little more insight into Alyx and how they've integrated with the group today, and they seemed to me like the kind of dragon who'd be very good with young hatchlings. So that's what they are, very good with young hatchlings! :D

And back to more art. I really do have a lot of this backed up now, but I'm keeping track of what I want to do for each day and I promise I will get around to it at some point.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
[columns][item=White-Masked Dustbug][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 39[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]20-30 Battles[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- As the morning dawned bright and sunny, though still with a bit of a chill in the air, Teri and Alyx took Piper out to explore and to give her a few lessons in defence; lessons she was very quick to learn and soon she was able to not only protect herself but hunt down small prey. And as they returned home, they returned with a decent amount of meat to add to their stores and Teri and Alyx felt satisfied knowing that Piper would be able to defend herself if she ever needed to. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] I took Teri, Piper and Alyx into the Training Fields today and 30 battles passed without incident. Now the dragon most in danger of a death streak is Fei, but let's hope I'll get lots more food items from Pinkerton before that happens so I can train everyone up.
White-Masked Dustbug - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 39
20-30 Battles

As the morning dawned bright and sunny, though still with a bit of a chill in the air, Teri and Alyx took Piper out to explore and to give her a few lessons in defence; lessons she was very quick to learn and soon she was able to not only protect herself but hunt down small prey. And as they returned home, they returned with a decent amount of meat to add to their stores and Teri and Alyx felt satisfied knowing that Piper would be able to defend herself if she ever needed to.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

I took Teri, Piper and Alyx into the Training Fields today and 30 battles passed without incident. Now the dragon most in danger of a death streak is Fei, but let's hope I'll get lots more food items from Pinkerton before that happens so I can train everyone up.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
[columns][item=Walrus Pelt][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 40[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]Writing[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- A sudden squall of snow kept the dragons indoors once again, plans of training Fei postponed until the weather brightened up. And so the day was spent by many lazing about and watching the snow drift by the windows. A few indoor games were played with Fei and Piper to keep their energy levels down, though as the snow came to a stop in the late afternoon, they were allowed outside to scramble among the fresh drifts and play together until the sun began to sink below the horizon and they were called back inside to warm up and have some food. And as darkness fell, the crackling fire kept the dragons warm as they drifted to sleep, safe in their home. ----- ----- Teri had known the moment she'd left that turning back wasn't an option. Of course turning back, or even staying had never been an option in the first place, but somehow actually leaving, walking away from the dragons and walls that made up home, made it real. Icy wind howled around her as she trudged through the snow, knowing it foolish to even try and fly in weather like this, lest she wanted her wings to freeze and to crash to the ground, helpless and slowly frozen over as no help would come for her. It was a morbid way to think, but she knew it would be what kept her alive. The ice and snow was unforgiving and would leap at any opportunity to trap her for all eternity, like the shade beings frozen solid fathoms below. Pausing, Teri shivered violently as the wind battered her body. If she really wanted the best chance of survival, she would have left when she was older and stronger, and more able to weather the cold. And if nothing else, she should have waited for the weather to clear, though really in the depths of winter there was no guarantee that it would clear. The days were almost non existent and the land was held in a vicious icy grip that even the most experienced dragons knew to fear. Still Teri ploughed her way through the snowdrifts, eyes squinting to see through the swirling white before her. She didn't doubt that her natural affinity with ice magic was helping her through this; she felt the bitter cold much less than other dragons, and could form a small protective barrier against the snow hurtling towards her. It wasn't much, but it made a big difference. Glancing back showed Teri the same as looking forwards, endless white with towering icy cliffs and no way to know how far she'd gone, or how far she had left to travel. Maybe she'd make it to the ocean, and from there be able to secure passage across the waters, or perhaps she'd try flying if a gap in the weather appeared. Though she didn't want to be caught over endless ocean should icy winds come to freeze her wings. Trying to find passage would be best. Then she'd have some company too. [i]Though isn't that why you left? To leave company behind?[/i] The tiny voice in Teri's mind spoke up before she gave it permission to and her mouth hardened into a firm line. To leave That company behind. Not all company would be like that. She hoped. She did have a hope, a dream of finding a set of dragons, a family, who would accept her for who she was, though maybe being alone for the rest of her life would be alright. But she didn't dare dwell on that dream now. She was young but her short life had hardened her against hoping too much. Things would happen weather she wished them to or not. And right now she had to focus on moving steadily through the blizzard so she wouldn't be frozen to the spot. The wind slowly lessened, the howling quieting to an almost gentle breeze and the clouds cleared ahead, glimpsing an inky sky scattered with shining stars and constellations she knew so well, a rippling, shimmering veil dancing silently among them. And below that, between two icy crags, the shine of the ocean and gently flickering yellow lights of a tiny port where a ship bobbed up and down on the calm waves, inviting her closer. Teri fixed her face into a determined expression and she continued through the snow with renewed vigor. She could make it. She hoped, anyway. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] I want to kind of stay true to any lore the original owners of the dragons have but obviously not every person has lore and not everyone writes it down (I know that far too well, most of my dragons are in that situation) But if there ever is any lore I can work in from the previous clan, I will. I do mostly want to write things 'in order' so the events I write about are still happening, or at least happened recently, though sometimes I'll just need to write what I have inspiration for. And today it was Teri leaving her home.
Walrus Pelt - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 40
Writing

A sudden squall of snow kept the dragons indoors once again, plans of training Fei postponed until the weather brightened up. And so the day was spent by many lazing about and watching the snow drift by the windows. A few indoor games were played with Fei and Piper to keep their energy levels down, though as the snow came to a stop in the late afternoon, they were allowed outside to scramble among the fresh drifts and play together until the sun began to sink below the horizon and they were called back inside to warm up and have some food. And as darkness fell, the crackling fire kept the dragons warm as they drifted to sleep, safe in their home.

Teri had known the moment she'd left that turning back wasn't an option. Of course turning back, or even staying had never been an option in the first place, but somehow actually leaving, walking away from the dragons and walls that made up home, made it real. Icy wind howled around her as she trudged through the snow, knowing it foolish to even try and fly in weather like this, lest she wanted her wings to freeze and to crash to the ground, helpless and slowly frozen over as no help would come for her. It was a morbid way to think, but she knew it would be what kept her alive. The ice and snow was unforgiving and would leap at any opportunity to trap her for all eternity, like the shade beings frozen solid fathoms below. Pausing, Teri shivered violently as the wind battered her body. If she really wanted the best chance of survival, she would have left when she was older and stronger, and more able to weather the cold. And if nothing else, she should have waited for the weather to clear, though really in the depths of winter there was no guarantee that it would clear. The days were almost non existent and the land was held in a vicious icy grip that even the most experienced dragons knew to fear.

Still Teri ploughed her way through the snowdrifts, eyes squinting to see through the swirling white before her. She didn't doubt that her natural affinity with ice magic was helping her through this; she felt the bitter cold much less than other dragons, and could form a small protective barrier against the snow hurtling towards her. It wasn't much, but it made a big difference. Glancing back showed Teri the same as looking forwards, endless white with towering icy cliffs and no way to know how far she'd gone, or how far she had left to travel. Maybe she'd make it to the ocean, and from there be able to secure passage across the waters, or perhaps she'd try flying if a gap in the weather appeared. Though she didn't want to be caught over endless ocean should icy winds come to freeze her wings. Trying to find passage would be best. Then she'd have some company too.

Though isn't that why you left? To leave company behind?

The tiny voice in Teri's mind spoke up before she gave it permission to and her mouth hardened into a firm line. To leave That company behind. Not all company would be like that. She hoped. She did have a hope, a dream of finding a set of dragons, a family, who would accept her for who she was, though maybe being alone for the rest of her life would be alright. But she didn't dare dwell on that dream now. She was young but her short life had hardened her against hoping too much. Things would happen weather she wished them to or not. And right now she had to focus on moving steadily through the blizzard so she wouldn't be frozen to the spot.

The wind slowly lessened, the howling quieting to an almost gentle breeze and the clouds cleared ahead, glimpsing an inky sky scattered with shining stars and constellations she knew so well, a rippling, shimmering veil dancing silently among them. And below that, between two icy crags, the shine of the ocean and gently flickering yellow lights of a tiny port where a ship bobbed up and down on the calm waves, inviting her closer. Teri fixed her face into a determined expression and she continued through the snow with renewed vigor. She could make it.

She hoped, anyway.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

I want to kind of stay true to any lore the original owners of the dragons have but obviously not every person has lore and not everyone writes it down (I know that far too well, most of my dragons are in that situation) But if there ever is any lore I can work in from the previous clan, I will. I do mostly want to write things 'in order' so the events I write about are still happening, or at least happened recently, though sometimes I'll just need to write what I have inspiration for. And today it was Teri leaving her home.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
[columns][item=Onyx Craylet][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 41[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]30-40 Battles[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- The snow remained unmelted on the ground as the day dawned brightly, and Alyx persuaded Teri to join him and Piper playing in the snow together. Fei remained inside with Doodle and Sketch, seemingly much less interested in the snow than her sister, and clearly much happier keeping warm by the fire where Sketch played with her and Doodle told her stories. Though both sisters were worn out once the day came to an end and slept well throughout the night. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] I took Teri, Piper and Alyx into the Woodland Path aaaaaand I made a mistake. I should have swapped out Piper for Fei and stayed in the Training Fields but I didn't want to keep grinding in the Training Fields and somehow my brain didn't process that I would still have to grind in the Training Fields to level up Fei. Duh. It also made more sense story wise to train up Fei this time around, but oh well I did a dumb. On the bright side, I made it through all 40 battles and all three of them levelled up to level 6.
Onyx Craylet - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 41
30-40 Battles

The snow remained unmelted on the ground as the day dawned brightly, and Alyx persuaded Teri to join him and Piper playing in the snow together. Fei remained inside with Doodle and Sketch, seemingly much less interested in the snow than her sister, and clearly much happier keeping warm by the fire where Sketch played with her and Doodle told her stories. Though both sisters were worn out once the day came to an end and slept well throughout the night.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

I took Teri, Piper and Alyx into the Woodland Path aaaaaand I made a mistake. I should have swapped out Piper for Fei and stayed in the Training Fields but I didn't want to keep grinding in the Training Fields and somehow my brain didn't process that I would still have to grind in the Training Fields to level up Fei. Duh. It also made more sense story wise to train up Fei this time around, but oh well I did a dumb. On the bright side, I made it through all 40 battles and all three of them levelled up to level 6.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
[columns][item=Steel Steampunk Tail Bauble][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 42[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]Customisation[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- Doodle couldn't help but feel incredibly smug as she was the first to fully grow into her colours and markings, while her brothers were still very basic and plain, and she spent the day strutting around them, taking every opportunity to show off her new markings. She was, in her opinion, rather splendid, and it satisfied her to no end knowing that Brush and Sketch were still waiting for most of their markings and colours to appear. But when she wasn't showing off to her brothers, Doodle was lounging with Azami and keeping an eye on Fei and Piper, who spent the day playing outside in the snow. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] Doodle finally got her last gene today. Should I have given a gene to one of her brothers instead? Probably. Do I regret this? Nope. I'm not ashamed to admit that colours wise, Doodle is my favourite out of the three because she's near XYY and with colours that work so well together too. And her light eyes work well with her colours too! I have gene plans I'm really happy with for all three of them, but I certainly like Doodle's colours the best. I actually hatched 4 eggs on Christmas day with the intention of keeping the best as my Christmas hatch for that year, and you might ask "why didn't you keep Doodle if you like her so much?" and the answer is because the dragon I ended up keeping, Ginger, also has a wonderful colour scheme and I instantly knew what kind of dragon I wanted him to be, and how he would fit into my lair. So he stayed and Doodle became the middle child for my pinkerlocke instead :)
Steel Steampunk Tail Bauble - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 42
Customisation

Doodle couldn't help but feel incredibly smug as she was the first to fully grow into her colours and markings, while her brothers were still very basic and plain, and she spent the day strutting around them, taking every opportunity to show off her new markings. She was, in her opinion, rather splendid, and it satisfied her to no end knowing that Brush and Sketch were still waiting for most of their markings and colours to appear. But when she wasn't showing off to her brothers, Doodle was lounging with Azami and keeping an eye on Fei and Piper, who spent the day playing outside in the snow.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

Doodle finally got her last gene today. Should I have given a gene to one of her brothers instead? Probably. Do I regret this? Nope. I'm not ashamed to admit that colours wise, Doodle is my favourite out of the three because she's near XYY and with colours that work so well together too. And her light eyes work well with her colours too! I have gene plans I'm really happy with for all three of them, but I certainly like Doodle's colours the best. I actually hatched 4 eggs on Christmas day with the intention of keeping the best as my Christmas hatch for that year, and you might ask "why didn't you keep Doodle if you like her so much?" and the answer is because the dragon I ended up keeping, Ginger, also has a wonderful colour scheme and I instantly knew what kind of dragon I wanted him to be, and how he would fit into my lair. So he stayed and Doodle became the middle child for my pinkerlocke instead :)
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
[columns][item=Shining Gladiator's Helmet][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 43[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]Art[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- Doodle and Azami spent the day wandering through the forest together. There'd been a hard frost the night before and in the morning every leaf and branch sparkled with frost and the two dragons wandered through the icy landscape with their breath misting the air in front of them. It was quiet and peaceful, and they enjoyed the time spent alone together as everyone else stayed inside doing their own things. And as the sun began to set, they sat up on the landing platform at the top of their tree and watched it dip below the horizon in companionable silence. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] I didn't know what to write for today, and I'm beginning to struggle to come up with ideas of what to draw. I know I haven't done much drawing, but I have it all written down for what I want to draw each day.
Shining Gladiator's Helmet - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 43
Art

Doodle and Azami spent the day wandering through the forest together. There'd been a hard frost the night before and in the morning every leaf and branch sparkled with frost and the two dragons wandered through the icy landscape with their breath misting the air in front of them. It was quiet and peaceful, and they enjoyed the time spent alone together as everyone else stayed inside doing their own things. And as the sun began to set, they sat up on the landing platform at the top of their tree and watched it dip below the horizon in companionable silence.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

I didn't know what to write for today, and I'm beginning to struggle to come up with ideas of what to draw. I know I haven't done much drawing, but I have it all written down for what I want to draw each day.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
[columns][item=Rich Nickel Ore][nextcol][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][nextcol][size=7][b][u]Day 44[/u][/b][/size][/columns] [right][size=2][i]Writing[/i][/size][/right] ----- ----- The day dawned bright and sunny, much like the previous day, though moods were lifted even further when Brush spotted a few brave flowers poking through the light dusting of snow on the ground. Everyone, except Teri, was looking forward to the warmer weather that they hoped would be coming soon, and the flowers promised the warmth sooner rather than later. Doodle then decided their home needed brightening up and with Azami, Fei and Piper's help (Azami mostly tagging along to help keep an eye on Fei and Piper) she gathered up a few bunches of the flowers and placed them about the lair, feeling they made a huge difference and made everything look brighter. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Biography[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][i]Alyx[/i][/size][/center] Alyx first came across the members of the clan when Sketch and Azami were burying Azami and Brush's stillborn daughter, Sonata. They had the better sense to keep themself hidden during this sombre and personal time, introducing themself to Doodle a day later while she was out tending to the grave. And while Doodle felt rather unsettled by them, they've done nothing but help the clan and spent most of their time entertaining the hatchlings, Fei and Piper. After they arrived in the clan, the physical building needed expanding and they pitched in and helped the others with building it, helping the process along much more quickly and eventually ending up with their own room. Alyx hasn't yet told anyone in the clan, but they're strangely prophetic, often receiving images and scenes of the future, even if they don't fully understand them until after the event has passed. They'll often also feel a certain urge to do things, even if there seems to be no reason for it. These urges were the original reason Alyx left their old clan and travelled to the Windswept Plateau, though they're still not sure on why they were called to leave their home. But since arriving, they've found themselves growing comfortable with the other dragons that make up the small clan, with even Doodle warming to them, and they're settling into their new home, even if they still receive these strange prophetic images. ----- ----- [center][size=5][u][b]Pinglist[/b][/u][/size] @Sightlesz @Naxxar[/center] Does the FR world have snowdrops? Crocuses? I have no idea (though I imagine they probably do) and that's why I didn't explicitly say which flowers were sprouting. Though, those are the flowers I was specifically thinking of. And Alyx has their first installment of a bio too :) On a completely unrelated note: dat new scene and familiar tho, I am [emoji=skydancer love size=1]
Rich Nickel Ore - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day 44
Writing

The day dawned bright and sunny, much like the previous day, though moods were lifted even further when Brush spotted a few brave flowers poking through the light dusting of snow on the ground. Everyone, except Teri, was looking forward to the warmer weather that they hoped would be coming soon, and the flowers promised the warmth sooner rather than later. Doodle then decided their home needed brightening up and with Azami, Fei and Piper's help (Azami mostly tagging along to help keep an eye on Fei and Piper) she gathered up a few bunches of the flowers and placed them about the lair, feeling they made a huge difference and made everything look brighter.

Biography

Alyx

Alyx first came across the members of the clan when Sketch and Azami were burying Azami and Brush's stillborn daughter, Sonata. They had the better sense to keep themself hidden during this sombre and personal time, introducing themself to Doodle a day later while she was out tending to the grave. And while Doodle felt rather unsettled by them, they've done nothing but help the clan and spent most of their time entertaining the hatchlings, Fei and Piper. After they arrived in the clan, the physical building needed expanding and they pitched in and helped the others with building it, helping the process along much more quickly and eventually ending up with their own room.

Alyx hasn't yet told anyone in the clan, but they're strangely prophetic, often receiving images and scenes of the future, even if they don't fully understand them until after the event has passed. They'll often also feel a certain urge to do things, even if there seems to be no reason for it. These urges were the original reason Alyx left their old clan and travelled to the Windswept Plateau, though they're still not sure on why they were called to leave their home. But since arriving, they've found themselves growing comfortable with the other dragons that make up the small clan, with even Doodle warming to them, and they're settling into their new home, even if they still receive these strange prophetic images.

Pinglist

@Sightlesz @Naxxar

Does the FR world have snowdrops? Crocuses? I have no idea (though I imagine they probably do) and that's why I didn't explicitly say which flowers were sprouting. Though, those are the flowers I was specifically thinking of. And Alyx has their first installment of a bio too :)

On a completely unrelated note: dat new scene and familiar tho, I am
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18