Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [paused] Free Lore Snippets!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@softsylveon

Diligence and duty went hand in hand with daintiness and patience. Despite the solidity of the snapper breed, Cabochon had grown up a sensitive soul under her rock-hard shell. Her being from a wealthy family certainly didn't work against her love for the arts be it visual, aural, or aromatic. As much as the rich and wealthy were their own kind they shared with the common folk the sentiment that art was a rather useless thing, made even more so by her blindness. All of that was still conjecture, however, and never abuzz in her blessed presence.

While she may never enjoy art as fully as any able-bodied dragon it still covers the walls and reaches of her cavernous abode, a terraced Earthen fortress open to all of her own kind. She rules this place with the very stones under her will, as she can sense every small step on her floors and the tiniest movements of the rocks. Some say that she is aware even of the movements of the dragons in her abode through the trace amounts of metals in their bodies.
@softsylveon

Diligence and duty went hand in hand with daintiness and patience. Despite the solidity of the snapper breed, Cabochon had grown up a sensitive soul under her rock-hard shell. Her being from a wealthy family certainly didn't work against her love for the arts be it visual, aural, or aromatic. As much as the rich and wealthy were their own kind they shared with the common folk the sentiment that art was a rather useless thing, made even more so by her blindness. All of that was still conjecture, however, and never abuzz in her blessed presence.

While she may never enjoy art as fully as any able-bodied dragon it still covers the walls and reaches of her cavernous abode, a terraced Earthen fortress open to all of her own kind. She rules this place with the very stones under her will, as she can sense every small step on her floors and the tiniest movements of the rocks. Some say that she is aware even of the movements of the dragons in her abode through the trace amounts of metals in their bodies.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

@Tarzyn

Act 1- The Chase

The hatchling flared its crests, shifting snow off the sopping feathers. It could sense that someone was approaching through the thick white expanse, and it wasn't sure if it could fend the attacker off if it turned out to be one. It had wandered for days in the bone-chilling cold, eating nothing but the unfortunate vermin that had frozen in the wastes and the bloody leftovers of the seals and bears. At times it had even hidden in those carcasses, a gory affair, slicking his feathers red with blood. And it was all after it had been cast out of the clan for reasons yet unknown, probably to die and become food for the circling gulls. Out of sight, out of mind.

When the stranger turned out to be another coatl, red as the blood it had became so familiar with, it crouched in the snow, its instinctual fear growing the mounds at its feet into sharp daggers. As the stranger came closer those daggers snapped away into the air, and before he showed any reaction the hatchling shot them towards his body. Without so much as flinching it flicked its front claws, throwing a shower of snow that broke the ice-daggers on impact. The hatchling cowered first, then ran; but to no avail. In its nervous dash for survival it unearthed shards of ice even larger than the last, throwing each at the blood-red coatl with some nearly impaling him.

Act 2 - The Boy

Fletcher, the boy was called. As he took to ice fletchers did arrows, and with each test of his power Anubis was more and more impressed. He had his suspicions about why the boy's clan had abandoned him in the first place and much more so about how he had survived in the snow for as long as he did. This boy was a deadly, deadly weapon. If it weren't for his precision he would be a tragedy.

The others had already said he was mad for spending so much time with the boy-- but what if he makes a mistake and impales you?-- but he supposed he was the only one fit to train him. At times the boy's icemancy was too fast even for him, and he had escaped certain death by brain freeze at least a couple of times now. But if he couldn't turn his tragic gift into a good thing, then who could?

He watched as a blade of ice whipped around and shattered against a young pine, tearing it in half. The boy, looking quite proud of his achievements, waved a wing at him.

Act 3- The Gift

Fletcher watched as Anubis walked forward, juggling a ring of cards. Despite his fatherly disposition, Anubis was also his trainer and quite frankly, he was sick of training. He groaned as the individual cards collected into a neat deck.

"Oh, come on. I've been training for hours already, can't I catch a break?"

Anubis shook his grave old head. "This is a new type of training, boy." (He called him boy more than his actual name.)

"What, are you going to throw them in the air and I have to hit them all?"

"Wipe that frown off your face, it'll be fun." The cards hopped off his open claws and landed in Fletcher's. "They're engraved with ice runes, and much easier to make fly than the usual thing. Try it."

Fletcher reluctantly obeyed, swirling them in a circle around him. Then he shot them out in an array, forming a wall, and collapsed the wall on Anubis, before returning them to him. The old man was right, it was kind of fun. "Thanks," he said, "but what is this for?"

"It's a gift," Anubis said. "To celebrate your birthday, have you forgotten?"

Fletcher looked at the cards as they encircled his body again. "And what if I did?"

@Tarzyn

Act 1- The Chase

The hatchling flared its crests, shifting snow off the sopping feathers. It could sense that someone was approaching through the thick white expanse, and it wasn't sure if it could fend the attacker off if it turned out to be one. It had wandered for days in the bone-chilling cold, eating nothing but the unfortunate vermin that had frozen in the wastes and the bloody leftovers of the seals and bears. At times it had even hidden in those carcasses, a gory affair, slicking his feathers red with blood. And it was all after it had been cast out of the clan for reasons yet unknown, probably to die and become food for the circling gulls. Out of sight, out of mind.

When the stranger turned out to be another coatl, red as the blood it had became so familiar with, it crouched in the snow, its instinctual fear growing the mounds at its feet into sharp daggers. As the stranger came closer those daggers snapped away into the air, and before he showed any reaction the hatchling shot them towards his body. Without so much as flinching it flicked its front claws, throwing a shower of snow that broke the ice-daggers on impact. The hatchling cowered first, then ran; but to no avail. In its nervous dash for survival it unearthed shards of ice even larger than the last, throwing each at the blood-red coatl with some nearly impaling him.

Act 2 - The Boy

Fletcher, the boy was called. As he took to ice fletchers did arrows, and with each test of his power Anubis was more and more impressed. He had his suspicions about why the boy's clan had abandoned him in the first place and much more so about how he had survived in the snow for as long as he did. This boy was a deadly, deadly weapon. If it weren't for his precision he would be a tragedy.

The others had already said he was mad for spending so much time with the boy-- but what if he makes a mistake and impales you?-- but he supposed he was the only one fit to train him. At times the boy's icemancy was too fast even for him, and he had escaped certain death by brain freeze at least a couple of times now. But if he couldn't turn his tragic gift into a good thing, then who could?

He watched as a blade of ice whipped around and shattered against a young pine, tearing it in half. The boy, looking quite proud of his achievements, waved a wing at him.

Act 3- The Gift

Fletcher watched as Anubis walked forward, juggling a ring of cards. Despite his fatherly disposition, Anubis was also his trainer and quite frankly, he was sick of training. He groaned as the individual cards collected into a neat deck.

"Oh, come on. I've been training for hours already, can't I catch a break?"

Anubis shook his grave old head. "This is a new type of training, boy." (He called him boy more than his actual name.)

"What, are you going to throw them in the air and I have to hit them all?"

"Wipe that frown off your face, it'll be fun." The cards hopped off his open claws and landed in Fletcher's. "They're engraved with ice runes, and much easier to make fly than the usual thing. Try it."

Fletcher reluctantly obeyed, swirling them in a circle around him. Then he shot them out in an array, forming a wall, and collapsed the wall on Anubis, before returning them to him. The old man was right, it was kind of fun. "Thanks," he said, "but what is this for?"

"It's a gift," Anubis said. "To celebrate your birthday, have you forgotten?"

Fletcher looked at the cards as they encircled his body again. "And what if I did?"

. . .

@Coincidence

I am so in love with this! This is like the best lore for him!

On the real can I commission you to right more for him
@Coincidence

I am so in love with this! This is like the best lore for him!

On the real can I commission you to right more for him
PdiBTNZ.pngiwOM9O6.pngnj6WwdN.pngE2bewfg.pngPTVAf7u.pngygWzlbs.pngWH26Bag.pngT2nbrk6.pngfdYUwzM.pngSKppn6R.pngDh5ETRX.png
@Tarzyn

Yes, but I charge 200g per 1000 words...
@Tarzyn

Yes, but I charge 200g per 1000 words...

. . .

@Coincidence Would you do something for my recently finished Mila? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67849343][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/678494/67849343_350.png[/img][/url]
@Coincidence Would you do something for my recently finished Mila?

67849343_350.png
hYvkebb.pngJvUa9ma.pngYmQxY5J.pngYMPbu9R.pngQFchClK.png
@Coincidence [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68566146][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/685662/68566146_350.png[/img][/url] So far my idea for him was that he was a noble coming from an ancient, distinguished noble family, and is the only heir as of right now. He's obsessed with learning about the shade. (is it for personal profit? To get rid of it? For knowledge sake? Who knows) He's also very anit-social and withdrawn. EDIT: more info in his bio
@Coincidence
68566146_350.png
So far my idea for him was that he was a noble coming from an ancient, distinguished noble family, and is the only heir as of right now. He's obsessed with learning about the shade. (is it for personal profit? To get rid of it? For knowledge sake? Who knows) He's also very anit-social and withdrawn.
EDIT: more info in his bio
KvxzF3W.pngJcdyE1n.png opcExsG.png
BsnXCRp.png
0XHtpWy.png
J7D1quC.png

WKtl2lb.png
FObX7rS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelFObX7rS_d.png
@Coincidence Hello! I would love it if you tried doing her? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42378516][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/423786/42378516_350.png[/img][/url] My only real requests for what to include is that she is a priestess, whose first relationship with a dragon made her heartbroken until a second dragon made her feel better (the father of her last two children) and when he betrayed her (I don't mind what the betrayal was, I just want some sort of betrayal here), she snaps and gets rid of him, before becoming the emotionless, almost twisted priestess of my den.
@Coincidence
Hello!
I would love it if you tried doing her?
42378516_350.png
My only real requests for what to include is that she is a priestess, whose first relationship with a dragon made her heartbroken until a second dragon made her feel better (the father of her last two children) and when he betrayed her (I don't mind what the betrayal was, I just want some sort of betrayal here), she snaps and gets rid of him, before becoming the emotionless, almost twisted priestess of my den.
KQMMLMj.png
0QBdK7N.png
@skyserenade Oops! All edge!

Elzar's eyes blinked one by one, all the way down his body. He could hear guttural screeches from one pile of the rubble and some sort of mechanical clicking further away; the air fizzled with tension and the skies smelled absolutely of death. He was almost sure the sound of squelching came not from his own paws but from some rampaging fear frog tearing apart the vicinity(once more.)

He had came here for a reason, but that reason had lost itself the moment he stepped onto Arcane grounds. In fact, he had dragged himself through the arcane lands for mostly none other than to see a task through to completion. But, where had he to go after this, anyway? It was as if he was a dying man with no one left at his side, leaving the duty of putting him to rest and sending him off squarely on his own shoulders.

He wandered for days, meeting not once a recognizable creature until the twisted buildings of the Hollow Shades came into view. Lit by the harsh light of the faraway portal, it looked quite grotesque; but that was to be expected of anyone choosing to reside in this place, no? Anyway, he felt it was just as grotesque as he, and the bleary reddish-pink looked quite warm in contrast to the places he had come from. The residents, though few, all shared something with him, their unusual eyes. It had something to do with their acceptance of him, at least. And while he stayed far away from Aureole and her kin, he did find friendliness in Uwibami. The spiral had colors much like his own, and they had a presence in connection despite the spiral's tough outer walls.

Perhaps these warped roofs did well to protect the equally twisted body of a dragon breathing death. Or was this resting place a punishment for his grand crime of life? He was too tired to know and too despondent to refuse.
@skyserenade Oops! All edge!

Elzar's eyes blinked one by one, all the way down his body. He could hear guttural screeches from one pile of the rubble and some sort of mechanical clicking further away; the air fizzled with tension and the skies smelled absolutely of death. He was almost sure the sound of squelching came not from his own paws but from some rampaging fear frog tearing apart the vicinity(once more.)

He had came here for a reason, but that reason had lost itself the moment he stepped onto Arcane grounds. In fact, he had dragged himself through the arcane lands for mostly none other than to see a task through to completion. But, where had he to go after this, anyway? It was as if he was a dying man with no one left at his side, leaving the duty of putting him to rest and sending him off squarely on his own shoulders.

He wandered for days, meeting not once a recognizable creature until the twisted buildings of the Hollow Shades came into view. Lit by the harsh light of the faraway portal, it looked quite grotesque; but that was to be expected of anyone choosing to reside in this place, no? Anyway, he felt it was just as grotesque as he, and the bleary reddish-pink looked quite warm in contrast to the places he had come from. The residents, though few, all shared something with him, their unusual eyes. It had something to do with their acceptance of him, at least. And while he stayed far away from Aureole and her kin, he did find friendliness in Uwibami. The spiral had colors much like his own, and they had a presence in connection despite the spiral's tough outer walls.

Perhaps these warped roofs did well to protect the equally twisted body of a dragon breathing death. Or was this resting place a punishment for his grand crime of life? He was too tired to know and too despondent to refuse.

. . .

@Coincidence

Wow, this is like, really cool. I love it. Thanks!
@Coincidence

Wow, this is like, really cool. I love it. Thanks!
@springaling406

Mouse is often a source of worry for her parents. They can't say she's disappointing; they love her too much to say that, and besides she's just as powerful as they are in the magical arts if not more. The problem lies in how she chooses to use those powers. Being quite young, Mouse hasn't learned to fully control her talents yet, and the times she does use her powers it's for mischief. Once she had even pretended to be her mother to excuse herself from training! Although Mouse only has the heart for fun right now, her parents know she can grow up to be a great shapeshifter.
@springaling406

Mouse is often a source of worry for her parents. They can't say she's disappointing; they love her too much to say that, and besides she's just as powerful as they are in the magical arts if not more. The problem lies in how she chooses to use those powers. Being quite young, Mouse hasn't learned to fully control her talents yet, and the times she does use her powers it's for mischief. Once she had even pretended to be her mother to excuse herself from training! Although Mouse only has the heart for fun right now, her parents know she can grow up to be a great shapeshifter.

. . .

1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12