Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 62 63
congrats! take all the time you need, and i hope the best for you and your family [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
congrats! take all the time you need, and i hope the best for you and your family
Totally not a dragon hoarder
Also selling some cool dragons
here
Mini-Update: Frost

They hadn't given up.
Certainly not.

But, they had to take a break.

Edan had shifted his focus to the ever-dwindling food stores, and faced the reality that he simply couldn't feed everyone on his own. Months of failed attempts to track the wayward pearlcatchers down had burned through the clan's resources, strength, and spirit.

Even Reika had become worn down enough to agree, albeit begrudgingly. It wouldn't be long before winter arrived, and the ground was already freezing over each nightfall.
He and the wildclaw began to spend the bulk of their time together on hunting trips that took days at a time, sweeping the forest near and far from their territory to bring down as much prey as possible.

He placed his trust in Ila and Clara to look after the clan's need for insects and plants, respectively. He was least concerned about their plant stores; there weren't many herbivores in their group, and he was confident the young tundra could manage the comparatively small amount of work.
Ila - creative as she always was - had managed to find a way to grind bugs into flour, making them completely shelf stable and easy to bag and store.
He was so proud of her.

Perhaps he should suggest she sell the recipe to Zuehal. Though he wasn't sure how that worked, it seemed useful enough to share. And Zuehal would be heading back their way soon.

/yawns and stretches

Howdy folks. It's been a while.
I'm very, very glad I announced my hiatus when I did, because my pregnancy has turned out to be a difficult one. I have a condition known as hyperemesis gravidarum which, unfortunately, did not respond kindly to the one universally approved treatment for it.
I've only recently been able to get a bit of a grip on the condition, and thus have been able to keep food down and feel something like a human being once again. I'm still too sick to travel, so unfortunately we aren't going to be seeing(/meeting, in my case) my husband's family until after the baby is born, which is a good 7ish months away.

Anyway, I never like doing such tell-y chapters, but they are often necessary after such a gap in activity - and I gotta say, there was no pleasant way to transition into actual dialogue in this one as was originally intended.

I do plan on writing more, after all, it's NaNoWriMo! I am not going to be releasing a new chapter every day, because oh my god that doesn't sound like fun for anyone, but I do plan on refocusing on this nuzlocke and bios for all its characters! I encourage you to ask any questions you have as I shake off the cobwebs and get things rolling again. It might give me some ideas as to what you'd like to read in a bio and so on. uvu

Anyway, stay tuned for more of Edan and the gang! And... and Ciron and the other gang. Yep.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @Erithuet, @nwn
Mini-Update: Frost

They hadn't given up.
Certainly not.

But, they had to take a break.

Edan had shifted his focus to the ever-dwindling food stores, and faced the reality that he simply couldn't feed everyone on his own. Months of failed attempts to track the wayward pearlcatchers down had burned through the clan's resources, strength, and spirit.

Even Reika had become worn down enough to agree, albeit begrudgingly. It wouldn't be long before winter arrived, and the ground was already freezing over each nightfall.
He and the wildclaw began to spend the bulk of their time together on hunting trips that took days at a time, sweeping the forest near and far from their territory to bring down as much prey as possible.

He placed his trust in Ila and Clara to look after the clan's need for insects and plants, respectively. He was least concerned about their plant stores; there weren't many herbivores in their group, and he was confident the young tundra could manage the comparatively small amount of work.
Ila - creative as she always was - had managed to find a way to grind bugs into flour, making them completely shelf stable and easy to bag and store.
He was so proud of her.

Perhaps he should suggest she sell the recipe to Zuehal. Though he wasn't sure how that worked, it seemed useful enough to share. And Zuehal would be heading back their way soon.

/yawns and stretches

Howdy folks. It's been a while.
I'm very, very glad I announced my hiatus when I did, because my pregnancy has turned out to be a difficult one. I have a condition known as hyperemesis gravidarum which, unfortunately, did not respond kindly to the one universally approved treatment for it.
I've only recently been able to get a bit of a grip on the condition, and thus have been able to keep food down and feel something like a human being once again. I'm still too sick to travel, so unfortunately we aren't going to be seeing(/meeting, in my case) my husband's family until after the baby is born, which is a good 7ish months away.

Anyway, I never like doing such tell-y chapters, but they are often necessary after such a gap in activity - and I gotta say, there was no pleasant way to transition into actual dialogue in this one as was originally intended.

I do plan on writing more, after all, it's NaNoWriMo! I am not going to be releasing a new chapter every day, because oh my god that doesn't sound like fun for anyone, but I do plan on refocusing on this nuzlocke and bios for all its characters! I encourage you to ask any questions you have as I shake off the cobwebs and get things rolling again. It might give me some ideas as to what you'd like to read in a bio and so on. uvu

Anyway, stay tuned for more of Edan and the gang! And... and Ciron and the other gang. Yep.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @Fallacies, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros, @Damindra, @Velvetpaws, @Macrocosm, @Sabariel, @demitri, @PipDragon40, @Dreamcoyote, @casdeth, @Khazraj, @DreamSlayer, @SoftDemon, @Petall, @Borkbean, @dragonstars12q, @Erithuet, @nwn
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Welcome back! Edan's trust of Ila always makes me smile. Proud dad.
Welcome back! Edan's trust of Ila always makes me smile. Proud dad.
GD7On40.png
@Kaial Hello! Glad to hear from you again! Though it's unfortunate that you're feeling so sick. I hope there aren't any further complications for you and your baby, and that you feel better soon!

As for the mini-update itself, I rather liked it. It was a good reminder of the fact that, despite the clan's concern for Ciron, time is still passing and the clan has to make preparations for winter. Nice on Ila for figuring out how to make bug flour! It always irked me that FR doesn't have any preserved insect foods when there are preserved meat, plant, and seafood items. Were you inspired by the fact that people have been making bug flour and other bug dishes in real life? Because that's what it reminded me of.
@Kaial Hello! Glad to hear from you again! Though it's unfortunate that you're feeling so sick. I hope there aren't any further complications for you and your baby, and that you feel better soon!

As for the mini-update itself, I rather liked it. It was a good reminder of the fact that, despite the clan's concern for Ciron, time is still passing and the clan has to make preparations for winter. Nice on Ila for figuring out how to make bug flour! It always irked me that FR doesn't have any preserved insect foods when there are preserved meat, plant, and seafood items. Were you inspired by the fact that people have been making bug flour and other bug dishes in real life? Because that's what it reminded me of.
Na5WGHa.png
@Weredogalism

Ila is who Edan trusts the most, without a doubt. As difficult as that can be for her at times, lmao

@tigressRising

Yea I'm hoping the same! The time I've already spent in emerg is enough for me, haha.

And, kind of! I honestly had been wracking my brains similar to Edan as to ways that technologically limited dragons could preserve bugs, and aside from like, a kettle corn type idea that I dismissed for taking too much space, flour from chitinous insects and arachnids made the most sense to me!
...I learned of cricket flour when I researched whether it was possible or not, and then remembered that over ten years ago a restaurant just off my island was trying to sell cricket tortilla. It's all very interesting stuff, honestly.
@Weredogalism

Ila is who Edan trusts the most, without a doubt. As difficult as that can be for her at times, lmao

@tigressRising

Yea I'm hoping the same! The time I've already spent in emerg is enough for me, haha.

And, kind of! I honestly had been wracking my brains similar to Edan as to ways that technologically limited dragons could preserve bugs, and aside from like, a kettle corn type idea that I dismissed for taking too much space, flour from chitinous insects and arachnids made the most sense to me!
...I learned of cricket flour when I researched whether it was possible or not, and then remembered that over ten years ago a restaurant just off my island was trying to sell cricket tortilla. It's all very interesting stuff, honestly.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Happy to have you back!
Happy to have you back!
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@Ironpen

Thank you! Happy to be back!
@Ironpen

Thank you! Happy to be back!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Ouch, I'm sorry you've been so unwell >.< As I'm sure people have said to you before, growing a new human is hard work.

Hope you have fun with NaNo! It makes an awesome challenge.

And of course, welcome back!
Ouch, I'm sorry you've been so unwell >.< As I'm sure people have said to you before, growing a new human is hard work.

Hope you have fun with NaNo! It makes an awesome challenge.

And of course, welcome back!
Please click on my babies!
FR time+17
Art-Shop-Button.jpg
Coatl-WC-Imp-Button.png
Wn6vGC1.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
tNgQJvM.png
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
jccRWgS.png
40QQWBU.png
o4KdtaP.png
I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time with your pregnancy... I hope the rest of it goes smoothly (or as smoothly as it can) and that you're able to accomplish what you want to with NaNoWriMo!
I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time with your pregnancy... I hope the rest of it goes smoothly (or as smoothly as it can) and that you're able to accomplish what you want to with NaNoWriMo!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Welcome back! Im a little slower getting around to reading this update compared to other ones, been working on my first accents and got my first job irl and my minds been all over the place lmao. Tell-y chapters can be good sometimes, especially as catch-up, and sometimes (like this time) theyre just plain pleasant to read.

I'm sorry things havent been so great for you, but Im glad you're able to start to feel a little better. I hope things continue to improve for you!! ♥
Welcome back! Im a little slower getting around to reading this update compared to other ones, been working on my first accents and got my first job irl and my minds been all over the place lmao. Tell-y chapters can be good sometimes, especially as catch-up, and sometimes (like this time) theyre just plain pleasant to read.

I'm sorry things havent been so great for you, but Im glad you're able to start to feel a little better. I hope things continue to improve for you!! ♥
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 62 63