Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 62 63
oh no :< my condolences please take your time to recuperate [emoji=familiar heart]
oh no :<
my condolences

please take your time to recuperate
sig_me.pngsig_art.pngsig_f2u.png
Oh no D: My heart goes out to you for your loss. Take as long as you need to grieve and recover, dear. As much as I enjoy reading this story, your own mental health comes first. We'll still be here when you come back. [emoji=familiar heart]
Oh no D: My heart goes out to you for your loss. Take as long as you need to grieve and recover, dear. As much as I enjoy reading this story, your own mental health comes first. We'll still be here when you come back.
Na5WGHa.png
@Kaial oh no. Oh noooooooooo. I ... My condolences. I wish I'd known them better now.
@Kaial oh no. Oh noooooooooo. I ... My condolences. I wish I'd known them better now.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Of course take your time! I'm sorry for your loss and wish you the best!
Of course take your time! I'm sorry for your loss and wish you the best!
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
My condolences. I am sorry for your loss, @Kaial.
My condolences. I am sorry for your loss, @Kaial.
[b]New Arrivals[/b] The snow outside was all but completely gone; hints of white where shadows lingered the longest - and a muddy front lawn - were all that was left of the blizzard that had hit only days ago. The clan had spent a long day outside, either cleaning up the area or hunting now that the forest was navigable again. It had been exhausting for everyone, and they'd all taken to bed immediately after dinner to recover from the busy day. It was late that night when Edan awoke, his ear crests twitching at a series of unfamiliar sounds. [sub]*crk crrk kshh crk*[/sub] The mirror shifted in bed, briefly questioning whether snow had dropped in through his chimney and caused the fire to sputter. But no, that wasn't it. It was too... solid a noise. And it kept going. [sub]*krrk krrk KRAK*[/sub] The mirror sat up and turned to face the fireplace - which was still flickering gently, seemingly undisturbed. But somehow, there was still a lack of the light he'd grown accustomed to. In his sleep-marred haze, he couldn't quite process what was wrong. But then it hit him. The light eggs had gone dark. No soft glow was seeping in from the blankets he'd so carefully wrapped them in each day after turning. He stumbled out of bed right as a very distinct series of peeps and squeaks started from within the fabric. The beings within began to thrash as he reached to unravel them. "Shh, shh," he said under his breath, attempting to soothe the hatchlings before they really started up and woke the rest of his house. "S'alright. I got ya." He gently tugged the last of the cloth free and immediately met the gaze of two brand-new hatchlings. They were... so obviously siblings. Each with matching hides and wings, and golden eyes softly glowing in the night. "See? You're alright," Edan chuckled, tilting his head as the two infant dragons blinked up at him with confusion. "I was wondering if you were ever gonna hatch." He let out a sigh of relief as he looked over the twins. A spiral and a mirror. They still [i]might [/i]have been that disgusting pearlcatcher's children, but it was extremely unlikely. "So... I'll bet that Ila will want to be the one to give you guys names," he mused, more thinking to himself as he spoke gently to the hatchlings. "But right now it's late as hell, so come on." He carefully wiped the detritus from the two dragons, then gathered them up and wrapped them in a new, clean blanket. He carried the bundle over to his bed and lay back down, leaving them at his side as he pulled his own sheets back over his body. "We'll sort you both out tomorrow." ------------ [sub] I almost forgot I'd promised to hatch those two light eggs the day lair tabs came out. I'm still on hiatus, but hey! I promised. This isn't much of an entry, but here you go nonetheless. @Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564 Also, these guys really do look like siblings. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49188373] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491884/49188373_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49188376] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491884/49188376_350.png[/img] [/url]
New Arrivals

The snow outside was all but completely gone; hints of white where shadows lingered the longest - and a muddy front lawn - were all that was left of the blizzard that had hit only days ago.

The clan had spent a long day outside, either cleaning up the area or hunting now that the forest was navigable again. It had been exhausting for everyone, and they'd all taken to bed immediately after dinner to recover from the busy day.

It was late that night when Edan awoke, his ear crests twitching at a series of unfamiliar sounds.

*crk crrk kshh crk*

The mirror shifted in bed, briefly questioning whether snow had dropped in through his chimney and caused the fire to sputter. But no, that wasn't it. It was too... solid a noise. And it kept going.

*krrk krrk KRAK*

The mirror sat up and turned to face the fireplace - which was still flickering gently, seemingly undisturbed. But somehow, there was still a lack of the light he'd grown accustomed to. In his sleep-marred haze, he couldn't quite process what was wrong.

But then it hit him.
The light eggs had gone dark.

No soft glow was seeping in from the blankets he'd so carefully wrapped them in each day after turning.

He stumbled out of bed right as a very distinct series of peeps and squeaks started from within the fabric. The beings within began to thrash as he reached to unravel them.

"Shh, shh," he said under his breath, attempting to soothe the hatchlings before they really started up and woke the rest of his house. "S'alright. I got ya."

He gently tugged the last of the cloth free and immediately met the gaze of two brand-new hatchlings. They were... so obviously siblings. Each with matching hides and wings, and golden eyes softly glowing in the night.

"See? You're alright," Edan chuckled, tilting his head as the two infant dragons blinked up at him with confusion. "I was wondering if you were ever gonna hatch."

He let out a sigh of relief as he looked over the twins. A spiral and a mirror. They still might have been that disgusting pearlcatcher's children, but it was extremely unlikely.

"So... I'll bet that Ila will want to be the one to give you guys names," he mused, more thinking to himself as he spoke gently to the hatchlings. "But right now it's late as hell, so come on."

He carefully wiped the detritus from the two dragons, then gathered them up and wrapped them in a new, clean blanket. He carried the bundle over to his bed and lay back down, leaving them at his side as he pulled his own sheets back over his body.

"We'll sort you both out tomorrow."

I almost forgot I'd promised to hatch those two light eggs the day lair tabs came out. I'm still on hiatus, but hey! I promised.
This isn't much of an entry, but here you go nonetheless.

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564

Also, these guys really do look like siblings.

49188373_350.png

49188376_350.png
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Oh my gosh, look at those matching cuties. Siblings for sure. [emoji=familiar heart]
Oh my gosh, look at those matching cuties. Siblings for sure.
They are so adorable!
They are so adorable!
Yay they're here! They're both very cute. I wonder what the odds are of getting two independent eggs hatching so close together on the same day.
Yay they're here! They're both very cute. I wonder what the odds are of getting two independent eggs hatching so close together on the same day.
GD7On40.png
@OrderedChaos
@owlstar7

Olive is my least favourite colour in all of FR, but even if I had the means to scatter the boy I kind of... find it very special how similar these two look. Little fruit twins.

@Weredogalism

I've actually noticed during my time on FR that eggs hatched seconds apart from each other often have similar colour rolls. I think it might have something to do with how the RNG works, but it certainly doesn't seem to be trckable in any useful way.
@OrderedChaos
@owlstar7

Olive is my least favourite colour in all of FR, but even if I had the means to scatter the boy I kind of... find it very special how similar these two look. Little fruit twins.

@Weredogalism

I've actually noticed during my time on FR that eggs hatched seconds apart from each other often have similar colour rolls. I think it might have something to do with how the RNG works, but it certainly doesn't seem to be trckable in any useful way.
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 62 63