Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Q's Lore / Art Thread
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I finally got to read Urnula's lore!

His story made me pretty sad. I kinda just want to hug him now.
You're writing is amazing, really. To be able to capture an emotion like that and let the reader feel that emotion is an art form. Can't wait to read the next entry~
I finally got to read Urnula's lore!

His story made me pretty sad. I kinda just want to hug him now.
You're writing is amazing, really. To be able to capture an emotion like that and let the reader feel that emotion is an art form. Can't wait to read the next entry~
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Maevepanda

Why thank you! It feels weird to be like "lol i'm glad i made you sad," so instead I'll say that I'm glad I effectively conveyed what I was going for. :P

I have indeed been writing, but I haven't been posting here because I'm working out that thread overhaul I was talking about a few days ago. I'm planning on having a post on info about the Wyrmwound Blight itself, and one with a more detailed description of the main entrance to the lair. :0

I might even make a separate, RP-style "talk to Nuishe" thread so I can flex my muscles for writing in-character as Nuishe. ((In-universe, he'd be dreaming (or maybe even just daydreaming) about what he'd say if he could talk to other dragons.))
@Maevepanda

Why thank you! It feels weird to be like "lol i'm glad i made you sad," so instead I'll say that I'm glad I effectively conveyed what I was going for. :P

I have indeed been writing, but I haven't been posting here because I'm working out that thread overhaul I was talking about a few days ago. I'm planning on having a post on info about the Wyrmwound Blight itself, and one with a more detailed description of the main entrance to the lair. :0

I might even make a separate, RP-style "talk to Nuishe" thread so I can flex my muscles for writing in-character as Nuishe. ((In-universe, he'd be dreaming (or maybe even just daydreaming) about what he'd say if he could talk to other dragons.))
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
I'm really curious what it will look like when you're done :O

So it would kind of be an interactive Q&A? That's pretty neat!
I'm really curious what it will look like when you're done :O

So it would kind of be an interactive Q&A? That's pretty neat!
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Maevepanda

Yeah, I've seen other people make them and I thought it would be cool/useful to try! :0 I've never tried writing in Nuishe's voice while responding to other people, so I'm thinking it could be a good exercise for me and (hopefully) an interesting read for everyone else.

I'm super indecisive so these thread plans have been going back and forth for like a week now :')
@Maevepanda

Yeah, I've seen other people make them and I thought it would be cool/useful to try! :0 I've never tried writing in Nuishe's voice while responding to other people, so I'm thinking it could be a good exercise for me and (hopefully) an interesting read for everyone else.

I'm super indecisive so these thread plans have been going back and forth for like a week now :')
I might need to do something like that for my lore project - a lot of people have questions about it and it would indeed be pretty fun and informative at the same time!

If you need someone to discuss your ideas with, feel free to throw them my way! I also took a while to set everything up, and I still change things up every now and then xD
I might need to do something like that for my lore project - a lot of people have questions about it and it would indeed be pretty fun and informative at the same time!

If you need someone to discuss your ideas with, feel free to throw them my way! I also took a while to set everything up, and I still change things up every now and then xD
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Maevepanda

I wouldn't be having so much trouble if I wasn't dead-set on suddenly turning this into a good-looking thread, haha! Hopefully when it's all put together I can let it be for a while.

My current problem is that I got real excited writing info about the Wyrmwound Blight, and now the post I'm writing is going to be way longer than a post should be. I could break up the text into sections, but I don't want to dedicate a bunch of my first-page posts to this nonsense either.

I'm thinking of breaking up the text into sections and adding them as new posts at the end of the thread, then linking to those from the first-page post. Why do I always either write too much or not enough can I not just do something manageable ack
@Maevepanda

I wouldn't be having so much trouble if I wasn't dead-set on suddenly turning this into a good-looking thread, haha! Hopefully when it's all put together I can let it be for a while.

My current problem is that I got real excited writing info about the Wyrmwound Blight, and now the post I'm writing is going to be way longer than a post should be. I could break up the text into sections, but I don't want to dedicate a bunch of my first-page posts to this nonsense either.

I'm thinking of breaking up the text into sections and adding them as new posts at the end of the thread, then linking to those from the first-page post. Why do I always either write too much or not enough can I not just do something manageable ack
Please give me some of your motivation and inspiration

If it's really too long, breaking it up in multiple posts is a good option. But if it's all about the same subject, there's no shame in putting it in one single post!
I guess you should just do whatever you are more comfortable with ^^
Please give me some of your motivation and inspiration

If it's really too long, breaking it up in multiple posts is a good option. But if it's all about the same subject, there's no shame in putting it in one single post!
I guess you should just do whatever you are more comfortable with ^^
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Maevepanda

please take some I haven't left my computer and I need to work on real things

Maybe I'll try posting it all in one block, then realize I hate it and break it up accordingly. I just don't want the whole first page of this thread to be a horrible wall of text (the dragon post is already super long RIP)

also omg I realized I haven't friended you yet and I must fix that right now
@Maevepanda

please take some I haven't left my computer and I need to work on real things

Maybe I'll try posting it all in one block, then realize I hate it and break it up accordingly. I just don't want the whole first page of this thread to be a horrible wall of text (the dragon post is already super long RIP)

also omg I realized I haven't friended you yet and I must fix that right now
pffff I'm not working on my writing or on real things xD
I'm just staring at my laptop, please send help

Yeah, you can always change it later!
Honestly, I don't think it's too bad if your first page is one big wall of text and pics. In my opinion, it's better than having thousands of posts with small bits~

I never send friend requests, I always forget xD But glad to be friends now ^^
pffff I'm not working on my writing or on real things xD
I'm just staring at my laptop, please send help

Yeah, you can always change it later!
Honestly, I don't think it's too bad if your first page is one big wall of text and pics. In my opinion, it's better than having thousands of posts with small bits~

I never send friend requests, I always forget xD But glad to be friends now ^^
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
BIOLOGY

The immense network of fungal cells that make up the Blight possess a central intelligence. It is fully sapient, though Nuishe has not had enough direct conversations with it to know how well it grasps abstract concepts like logic and empathy.

It can communicate with itself with an efficiency unheard of in fungi – if the hyphae in one dragon “learn” of a new development, the hyphae across the lair will know within hours.

The fungus does not possess the structures necessary to move or speak of its own accord, but it can effectively use its hosts as extensions of itself, letting it use their bodies to both gather and share information.

It is likely that the Blight can actively search for and find specific information in its hosts’ brains. This is the most probable explanation for its rudimentary comprehension of how dragons speak and move.

The Blight probably does not feel pain in the same way that animals do. As a fungus, it should have no nerves.

Like other fungi, the Blight’s mushrooms, puffballs, et cetera, are all merely fruiting bodies – essentially, the Blight’s reproductive organs. The actual “body” of the fungus is primarily within the walls of the lair and the dragons’ bodies, made up of filamentous hyphae too small for large dragons to see individually.

The Blight reproduces asexually, creating clones of itself that grow on their own. Since its “children” are all genetically identical to their “parent,” they are not counted as separate organisms, since it is impossible to tell where one ends and another begins. It is more accurate to treat its “children” as new growth of a larger organism.

Interestingly, the Blight does not seem to be an obligate parasite. The fact that the majority of its “body” lives within the walls of the lair suggests that it does not require dragon hosts to complete its life cycle.
BIOLOGY

The immense network of fungal cells that make up the Blight possess a central intelligence. It is fully sapient, though Nuishe has not had enough direct conversations with it to know how well it grasps abstract concepts like logic and empathy.

It can communicate with itself with an efficiency unheard of in fungi – if the hyphae in one dragon “learn” of a new development, the hyphae across the lair will know within hours.

The fungus does not possess the structures necessary to move or speak of its own accord, but it can effectively use its hosts as extensions of itself, letting it use their bodies to both gather and share information.

It is likely that the Blight can actively search for and find specific information in its hosts’ brains. This is the most probable explanation for its rudimentary comprehension of how dragons speak and move.

The Blight probably does not feel pain in the same way that animals do. As a fungus, it should have no nerves.

Like other fungi, the Blight’s mushrooms, puffballs, et cetera, are all merely fruiting bodies – essentially, the Blight’s reproductive organs. The actual “body” of the fungus is primarily within the walls of the lair and the dragons’ bodies, made up of filamentous hyphae too small for large dragons to see individually.

The Blight reproduces asexually, creating clones of itself that grow on their own. Since its “children” are all genetically identical to their “parent,” they are not counted as separate organisms, since it is impossible to tell where one ends and another begins. It is more accurate to treat its “children” as new growth of a larger organism.

Interestingly, the Blight does not seem to be an obligate parasite. The fact that the majority of its “body” lives within the walls of the lair suggests that it does not require dragon hosts to complete its life cycle.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12