Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Q's Lore / Art Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Yarrrrrgh I just wrote an entire bio in organic chem today but I can't post it until I've got that third Spore Lord worked out.

Guess who's buying Ripple... :P
Yarrrrrgh I just wrote an entire bio in organic chem today but I can't post it until I've got that third Spore Lord worked out.

Guess who's buying Ripple... :P
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
Hi yes please don't mind me but i'm actually in love with all of this??? Like the layout of the thread and your lore??? I've never actually seen someone write lore in the perspective of another and it's amazing!! Actually so creative i'm- kjdskjsljk.

please keep me up to date with your spore babies because I now love them.
Hi yes please don't mind me but i'm actually in love with all of this??? Like the layout of the thread and your lore??? I've never actually seen someone write lore in the perspective of another and it's amazing!! Actually so creative i'm- kjdskjsljk.

please keep me up to date with your spore babies because I now love them.
@acestospades1

AIEEEE thank you!! I'm so happy i love it when people read my stuff <333

I literally just finished some lore, which I'm about to post in a little bit. I'll put you on my pinglist if you'd like! ;v;
@acestospades1

AIEEEE thank you!! I'm so happy i love it when people read my stuff <333

I literally just finished some lore, which I'm about to post in a little bit. I'll put you on my pinglist if you'd like! ;v;
Rejoice! Two whole dragons got lore today! ((EDIT: This lore was originally on PARAVALSA, but as she is no longer in my lair, it is now in AGROGASTER'S bio instead.)) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19678441] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196785/19678441_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] I actually wrote this one first, in class sometime today. It includes my first real tie-in with canon lore! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19782409] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/197825/19782409_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] I then remembered that one of the links in the first one's bio wouldn't work without this guy having lore written down, so I had to finish that gene project and actually write all that stuff down. And with that, after about two years, the three Spore Lords have all awoken! All hail Agaricus, Amanita, and Cordyceps!
Rejoice! Two whole dragons got lore today!

((EDIT: This lore was originally on PARAVALSA, but as she is no longer in my lair, it is now in AGROGASTER'S bio instead.))
I actually wrote this one first, in class sometime today. It includes my first real tie-in with canon lore!

I then remembered that one of the links in the first one's bio wouldn't work without this guy having lore written down, so I had to finish that gene project and actually write all that stuff down.

And with that, after about two years, the three Spore Lords have all awoken! All hail Agaricus, Amanita, and Cordyceps!
Huzzah! Hooray! I updated my clan banner for the first time in three years!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/UFGnHRp.png[/img] I can finally look at my profile without low-key cringing! [s]I may still want to rewrite the blurb under it, but at least the banner is fixed!! :D[/s] Edit: I totally did fix up that blurb a little too It needed some TLC and I think it's better now!
Huzzah! Hooray! I updated my clan banner for the first time in three years!!

UFGnHRp.png

I can finally look at my profile without low-key cringing!

I may still want to rewrite the blurb under it, but at least the banner is fixed!! :D

Edit: I totally did fix up that blurb a little too
It needed some TLC and I think it's better now!
jdljkcjld that's such a nice banner ***??

like it's really nice please tell me how you created that.

and your lore for the three spore lords??? really cool. please keep it up

you've actually highkey inspired me to start buckling down and writing my own lore so thank you dear <3
jdljkcjld that's such a nice banner ***??

like it's really nice please tell me how you created that.

and your lore for the three spore lords??? really cool. please keep it up

you've actually highkey inspired me to start buckling down and writing my own lore so thank you dear <3
@acestospades1 wheezes you’re too kind

I drew a rough version of that banner traditionally, then scanned it to use as a sketch and many layers later this was the result :0

I kind of don’t remember my rationale for starting the Spore Lord projects. I do remember they were my first “dream dragon” gene projects, where I hunted down dragons with the right colors from around the site and then wrote their gene changes into their lore. They were meant to end up as creepy dragons that really represented the fungi they’re named after. So Agaricus is potentially edible, Amanita is poisonous, and Cordyceps controls minds :P

I tried to make Amanita and Cordyceps look like the “poster children” of their respective genera. Agaricus doesn’t look anything like agaric mushrooms, I just thought he’d look cool.

Good luck with your own lore!! I love inspiring people to make stuff <3
@acestospades1 wheezes you’re too kind

I drew a rough version of that banner traditionally, then scanned it to use as a sketch and many layers later this was the result :0

I kind of don’t remember my rationale for starting the Spore Lord projects. I do remember they were my first “dream dragon” gene projects, where I hunted down dragons with the right colors from around the site and then wrote their gene changes into their lore. They were meant to end up as creepy dragons that really represented the fungi they’re named after. So Agaricus is potentially edible, Amanita is poisonous, and Cordyceps controls minds :P

I tried to make Amanita and Cordyceps look like the “poster children” of their respective genera. Agaricus doesn’t look anything like agaric mushrooms, I just thought he’d look cool.

Good luck with your own lore!! I love inspiring people to make stuff <3
The first of the shroom pics is complete! They're each going to be tiny little drawings of the dragon's namesake shoved to the far right side of the top of the bio. When clicked, they'll link to some information about the actual fungus! I tested it out on [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=194498&did=18496821]Magnaporthe[/url], who's been a real good sport with my experimental stuff lately. [center][url=https://www.apsnet.org/edcenter/intropp/lessons/fungi/ascomycetes/Pages/RiceBlast.aspx][img]https://i.imgur.com/BXL4VHg.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]Magnaporthe[/i] (pronounced "mag-nuh-POR-thee") is a genus of fungi that doesn't produce dramatic fruiting bodies like mushrooms or puffballs. Its various species are pathogenic to plants, and show up prominently as lesions on leaves and fuzz on grains. [i]M. oryzae[/i] in particular causes rice blast, which is ranked as one of the most important plant diseases because of its potential to cause devastating crop failure. That's right, my shroom lore comes with free science!
The first of the shroom pics is complete! They're each going to be tiny little drawings of the dragon's namesake shoved to the far right side of the top of the bio. When clicked, they'll link to some information about the actual fungus!

I tested it out on Magnaporthe, who's been a real good sport with my experimental stuff lately.
BXL4VHg.png

Magnaporthe (pronounced "mag-nuh-POR-thee") is a genus of fungi that doesn't produce dramatic fruiting bodies like mushrooms or puffballs. Its various species are pathogenic to plants, and show up prominently as lesions on leaves and fuzz on grains. M. oryzae in particular causes rice blast, which is ranked as one of the most important plant diseases because of its potential to cause devastating crop failure.

That's right, my shroom lore comes with free science!
It’s time for something that I’ve been needing to do for a while. Change this dragon’s name. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18376177] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/183762/18376177_350.png[/img] [/url] He’s been in my lair for nearly two years, and for all that time he’s never fit my naming scheme. I got him with his current name and never changed it, and now it’s gotta happen. It’s going to be rough since I’m used to calling him “Xahiros,” but hopefully I can find something that suits him. Current ideas, in no particular order: [LIST] [*]Scleroderma [*]Hygrophorus [*]Coprinus [*]Auricularia [*]Strobilomyces [*]Urnula [*]Lycoperdon [*]Gasterales [*]Entoloma [*]Terfezia [*]Tirmania [/LIST] Since you’re looking at this thread, I’d appreciate your input on my current ideas, as well as any other suggestions you might have! All my dragons are named after a genus of fungi, and that’s the only real requirement. EDIT: Decided on Urnula!
It’s time for something that I’ve been needing to do for a while.
Change this dragon’s name.

18376177_350.png

He’s been in my lair for nearly two years, and for all that time he’s never fit my naming scheme. I got him with his current name and never changed it, and now it’s gotta happen. It’s going to be rough since I’m used to calling him “Xahiros,” but hopefully I can find something that suits him.

Current ideas, in no particular order:
  • Scleroderma
  • Hygrophorus
  • Coprinus
  • Auricularia
  • Strobilomyces
  • Urnula
  • Lycoperdon
  • Gasterales
  • Entoloma
  • Terfezia
  • Tirmania

Since you’re looking at this thread, I’d appreciate your input on my current ideas, as well as any other suggestions you might have! All my dragons are named after a genus of fungi, and that’s the only real requirement.

EDIT: Decided on Urnula!
I would definitely go for a black(-ish) type of fungus for this boy!
From the options, I prefer Strobilomyces the most. Urnula takes second place.
Some more possibilities: Helvella, Stemonitis, Aureobasidium?

ALSO
Oh boy. Nuishe's journal. I want to hug him but also want to run away as fast as I can.
I kinda fell in love with your lore, art and dragons, so now I need updates. Please put me on the pinglist ;;_;;

I would definitely go for a black(-ish) type of fungus for this boy!
From the options, I prefer Strobilomyces the most. Urnula takes second place.
Some more possibilities: Helvella, Stemonitis, Aureobasidium?

ALSO
Oh boy. Nuishe's journal. I want to hug him but also want to run away as fast as I can.
I kinda fell in love with your lore, art and dragons, so now I need updates. Please put me on the pinglist ;;_;;

mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12