Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] The Tower of Drabel
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99 100
@Disillusionist

Oh my goodness, what an amazing story!!! I love seeing how people integrate the ancients into their lore, so I am ecstatic to see how gaolers have come to the Disillusionists at long last! It must be a very exciting day for Vincent, for his passion to suddenly skyrocket to relevance!

I love the arrival of the other gaoler too, I'll be very interested to see what she thinks of the Disillusionists and how they choose to look after the egg!
@Disillusionist

Oh my goodness, what an amazing story!!! I love seeing how people integrate the ancients into their lore, so I am ecstatic to see how gaolers have come to the Disillusionists at long last! It must be a very exciting day for Vincent, for his passion to suddenly skyrocket to relevance!

I love the arrival of the other gaoler too, I'll be very interested to see what she thinks of the Disillusionists and how they choose to look after the egg!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall After reading Ice's BotE lore, I figured there might've been some dragons out there who'd sighted the Gaolers or found information on them. They're sort of like cryptids...or maybe aliens is a better word. Everybody wants to be friends with the aliens. xD

Thank you for reading my most recent work! I hadn't finished any lore for my dragons for a long time, so it was good to get back into the swing of things. Might take me a while to finish the continuation of Vincent's story, but I'll get there. ^^
@Petall After reading Ice's BotE lore, I figured there might've been some dragons out there who'd sighted the Gaolers or found information on them. They're sort of like cryptids...or maybe aliens is a better word. Everybody wants to be friends with the aliens. xD

Thank you for reading my most recent work! I hadn't finished any lore for my dragons for a long time, so it was good to get back into the swing of things. Might take me a while to finish the continuation of Vincent's story, but I'll get there. ^^
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Wow!!! That lair tour was AMAZING! You clearly put a lot of work into it! I love all the sections and the images you used to get the vibe of each area across! There are so many fascinating locations in your clan! It makes me excited to read more stories! And of course, it was great to see so many callbacks to previous stories, like the Crispy Pheonix! And the bamboo gardens behind it! The Crispy Pheonix has always been my favourite location in your clan!!!

Wow, this is giving me inspiration to start planning the location of my arcane Pinkerlocke! Maybe I'll draw up the map today!
@Disillusionist

Wow!!! That lair tour was AMAZING! You clearly put a lot of work into it! I love all the sections and the images you used to get the vibe of each area across! There are so many fascinating locations in your clan! It makes me excited to read more stories! And of course, it was great to see so many callbacks to previous stories, like the Crispy Pheonix! And the bamboo gardens behind it! The Crispy Pheonix has always been my favourite location in your clan!!!

Wow, this is giving me inspiration to start planning the location of my arcane Pinkerlocke! Maybe I'll draw up the map today!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall It's always nice to see you here! :D And thank you!! The Lair Tour was put together over a period of several weeks, including hunting down and editing the pictures I used. It's proven to be very useful -- sometimes I actually forget information about a place, so it's helpful to have a guide to refer back to. Thanks for taking a look at Pol's bio, and I'd love to see your own map too! The Hidden City is quite fascinating, and I'm sure you'll also do a great job with the next locations. [emoji=bogsneak star]
@Petall It's always nice to see you here! :D And thank you!! The Lair Tour was put together over a period of several weeks, including hunting down and editing the pictures I used. It's proven to be very useful -- sometimes I actually forget information about a place, so it's helpful to have a guide to refer back to.

Thanks for taking a look at Pol's bio, and I'd love to see your own map too! The Hidden City is quite fascinating, and I'm sure you'll also do a great job with the next locations.
@Disillusionist

Just came back from a lair tour with Polosim~ I remember talking to you a while back about putting together some info about locations and it turned out beautifully! I enjoyed learning a bit more about your clan - pleased to find both a number of locations and characters that I recognized as well as a few that I didn't know about previously. The layout is also lovely, with the links to various dragons, images, and quotes.

I especially enjoyed the external features - I love the idea of incorporating some different regions into lore, but still having them connect back to the main clan lore. E-Den and Temple Town were especially wonderful - it's nice to see Heurodys and Templeton along with Origenes again~ I also love Anarazel's Touring Tower. I just finished writing up a tale for one of the barghests that also lives in a moving castle on the tundra. . . perhaps they will encounter one another at some point.

Oh, and speaking of Barghest tales. . . I am wondering if you would be interested in a bit of a collaboration for a piece I'll be working on for Ankh? He currently resides in a lost tomb called the Temple of Kings - a burial site in Dragonhome for five Imperial kings who may or may not be an Emperor now. The only clues to the temple's existence are scattered in a number of ancient manuscripts, so I'm looking to borrow a few experienced explorers to help locate and explore the tomb. Wondering if Origenes would be interested in joining the expedition? I can throw more ideas your way if it's of any interest.
@Disillusionist

Just came back from a lair tour with Polosim~ I remember talking to you a while back about putting together some info about locations and it turned out beautifully! I enjoyed learning a bit more about your clan - pleased to find both a number of locations and characters that I recognized as well as a few that I didn't know about previously. The layout is also lovely, with the links to various dragons, images, and quotes.

I especially enjoyed the external features - I love the idea of incorporating some different regions into lore, but still having them connect back to the main clan lore. E-Den and Temple Town were especially wonderful - it's nice to see Heurodys and Templeton along with Origenes again~ I also love Anarazel's Touring Tower. I just finished writing up a tale for one of the barghests that also lives in a moving castle on the tundra. . . perhaps they will encounter one another at some point.

Oh, and speaking of Barghest tales. . . I am wondering if you would be interested in a bit of a collaboration for a piece I'll be working on for Ankh? He currently resides in a lost tomb called the Temple of Kings - a burial site in Dragonhome for five Imperial kings who may or may not be an Emperor now. The only clues to the temple's existence are scattered in a number of ancient manuscripts, so I'm looking to borrow a few experienced explorers to help locate and explore the tomb. Wondering if Origenes would be interested in joining the expedition? I can throw more ideas your way if it's of any interest.
@awaicu It's nice to see you again! :D Thanks for taking the tour! It took a while to put together, so I'm always glad to see people enjoying it. The External Features became necessary after a while, both from practical and lore standpoints -- it made more sense for the traveling dragons to have outposts instead of going home or popping into random NPC lairs all the time. xD I think Anarazel would be fascinated by your tundra Barghest (though it remains to be seen if the fascination will be in an "Oh, neat!" way or a "Man, I probably gotta kill this" way). And yes!! I would love to lend you Origenes for Ankh's story, and you can also have the use of Ashes and Zubeida if you'd like. Please feel free to PM me if you want to hash things out. Ankh is absolutely gorgeous, and I'd be honored if my characters could help out with his story. [emoji=bogsneak star]
@awaicu It's nice to see you again! :D Thanks for taking the tour! It took a while to put together, so I'm always glad to see people enjoying it. The External Features became necessary after a while, both from practical and lore standpoints -- it made more sense for the traveling dragons to have outposts instead of going home or popping into random NPC lairs all the time. xD

I think Anarazel would be fascinated by your tundra Barghest (though it remains to be seen if the fascination will be in an "Oh, neat!" way or a "Man, I probably gotta kill this" way). And yes!! I would love to lend you Origenes for Ankh's story, and you can also have the use of Ashes and Zubeida if you'd like. Please feel free to PM me if you want to hash things out. Ankh is absolutely gorgeous, and I'd be honored if my characters could help out with his story.
@Disillusionist

The time and effort you put into the lair tour definitely shows~ I will be saving it as a reference for any future tales I write incorporating your characters or any hatchlings from your clan.

Ahahaha, I can just imaging Anarazel stumbling across Moondoore and thinking it's a neat place and then. . . finding out it's full of evil Barghests. It's funny how he and his sister both ended up following similar paths as monster hunters despite being of vampire/witch origin themselves.

I will shoot your a PM to flesh out some ideas for Ankh's story, but I would definitely love to include your trio of explorers for the expedition. Going to be a kind of Indiana Jones meets the Mummy meets the Hound of the Baskervilles sort of deal. Although I'm hoping to find ways of making it unique as well.
@Disillusionist

The time and effort you put into the lair tour definitely shows~ I will be saving it as a reference for any future tales I write incorporating your characters or any hatchlings from your clan.

Ahahaha, I can just imaging Anarazel stumbling across Moondoore and thinking it's a neat place and then. . . finding out it's full of evil Barghests. It's funny how he and his sister both ended up following similar paths as monster hunters despite being of vampire/witch origin themselves.

I will shoot your a PM to flesh out some ideas for Ankh's story, but I would definitely love to include your trio of explorers for the expedition. Going to be a kind of Indiana Jones meets the Mummy meets the Hound of the Baskervilles sort of deal. Although I'm hoping to find ways of making it unique as well.
@awaicu Omg, I love that! xD Despite my best efforts, Anarazel seems to be developing a decidedly goofy personality. Him getting into all sorts of Scooby-Doo shenanigans in Moondoore seems right up his alley. "Is this place for sale, or perhaps we could arrange some sort of lease? ...No?" :<

Most of his backstory actually grew from the starter lore and quote LaSilva and BelialsWrath gave him, and it'll be interesting to see how he interacts with other hunters or demons as well. ^^ I'm looking forward to receiving your PM! "Indiana Jones meets the Mummy meets the Hound of the Baskervilles" sounds like fun! Origenes would definitely get a kick out of that.
@awaicu Omg, I love that! xD Despite my best efforts, Anarazel seems to be developing a decidedly goofy personality. Him getting into all sorts of Scooby-Doo shenanigans in Moondoore seems right up his alley. "Is this place for sale, or perhaps we could arrange some sort of lease? ...No?" :<

Most of his backstory actually grew from the starter lore and quote LaSilva and BelialsWrath gave him, and it'll be interesting to see how he interacts with other hunters or demons as well. ^^ I'm looking forward to receiving your PM! "Indiana Jones meets the Mummy meets the Hound of the Baskervilles" sounds like fun! Origenes would definitely get a kick out of that.
@Disillusionist

That is amazing. I can't wait to see him in some lore - he looks so stoic and serious so it's quite amusing that his character has a goofy personality. I'll send the PM along as soon as I'm able - I have a bunch of online classes and assignments due over the next few days.
@Disillusionist

That is amazing. I can't wait to see him in some lore - he looks so stoic and serious so it's quite amusing that his character has a goofy personality. I'll send the PM along as soon as I'm able - I have a bunch of online classes and assignments due over the next few days.
@Disillusionist

Hello! Had some time tonight to read through Feverfew and Corwin's tales! I've admired Feverfew in your lair for quite some time, so it was good to see a tale posted for him and have a chance to get to know his character a bit better. I love how his name ties into the story and it was nice to see the Exaudi's crew make an appearance once more!

I was also stoked to read another faerie story with Corwin's tale~ The tale revealed so much about the world you built for the fae folk - the lack of a deity, the fragility of their alliance and how easily it crumbled under the influence of a single tampering outsider. I especially enjoyed Corwin's creation as a spirit built from the promises of wedding vows and how that form slowly changed as the vows weakened and frayed. It was a treat seeing so many new faces as well - Leannan and Candeloro, along with Corwin herself.

Thanks once again for sharing your lore! As an aside, I've begun working on the Temple of Kings tale and am embarrassed by how many new filigree dragons have found their way into my clan ever since you shared the elf subspecies. Whoops.
@Disillusionist

Hello! Had some time tonight to read through Feverfew and Corwin's tales! I've admired Feverfew in your lair for quite some time, so it was good to see a tale posted for him and have a chance to get to know his character a bit better. I love how his name ties into the story and it was nice to see the Exaudi's crew make an appearance once more!

I was also stoked to read another faerie story with Corwin's tale~ The tale revealed so much about the world you built for the fae folk - the lack of a deity, the fragility of their alliance and how easily it crumbled under the influence of a single tampering outsider. I especially enjoyed Corwin's creation as a spirit built from the promises of wedding vows and how that form slowly changed as the vows weakened and frayed. It was a treat seeing so many new faces as well - Leannan and Candeloro, along with Corwin herself.

Thanks once again for sharing your lore! As an aside, I've begun working on the Temple of Kings tale and am embarrassed by how many new filigree dragons have found their way into my clan ever since you shared the elf subspecies. Whoops.
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99 100