Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] The Tower of Drabel
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 99 100
@Disillusionist

I got so excited when I saw you had posted Netanya's lore, and what a fantastic piece it was to read. Kudos for tying so many characters into the story - it was good to see Vritra, Indra, and Kundalini again along with so many others from your clan.

I do wonder what Netanya offered Khonsu in return for his assistance, but I suppose that will remain a mystery c:
@Disillusionist

I got so excited when I saw you had posted Netanya's lore, and what a fantastic piece it was to read. Kudos for tying so many characters into the story - it was good to see Vritra, Indra, and Kundalini again along with so many others from your clan.

I do wonder what Netanya offered Khonsu in return for his assistance, but I suppose that will remain a mystery c:
@Disillusionist

That was great!!! I loved learning more about how your clan deals with the shade (especially considering our recent conversations!) I also loved how you compared the shade to Ouroboros, what a great real life parallel!

The whole dream thing is fascinating! I mean, it's horrifying, but it's fascinating too! What a cool way for the shade to manifest itself!
@Disillusionist

That was great!!! I loved learning more about how your clan deals with the shade (especially considering our recent conversations!) I also loved how you compared the shade to Ouroboros, what a great real life parallel!

The whole dream thing is fascinating! I mean, it's horrifying, but it's fascinating too! What a cool way for the shade to manifest itself!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@awaicu Thank you! I've learned that I work best when I have an ensemble to write with -- it's fun to toss them all together and see how they interact. I'm glad I was able to make it work for this piece! ^^ Re: Netanya's offer, I have some ideas in mind, but they're all very tentative, so I figured it was best not to commit any details just yet. xD I'll probably be able to decide (and reveal) Khonsu's price in the future, once the whole gang's had more adventures together. @Petall I'm glad you liked it! :D Poor Kundalini's lore is loooong overdue, and I was glad for an opportunity to expound on her affliction and how the clan's helping her. Plus I've always been interested in how the Shade affects other dragons' minds. Being able to tie in the Witchborne and Dreamdancer headcanons made it very convenient. Thank you also for reading! I'm off to your lore thread now. (Your clan has also been added to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2323941/2#post_30507369]allies post[/url]! [emoji=firework])
@awaicu Thank you! I've learned that I work best when I have an ensemble to write with -- it's fun to toss them all together and see how they interact. I'm glad I was able to make it work for this piece! ^^

Re: Netanya's offer, I have some ideas in mind, but they're all very tentative, so I figured it was best not to commit any details just yet. xD I'll probably be able to decide (and reveal) Khonsu's price in the future, once the whole gang's had more adventures together.

@Petall I'm glad you liked it! :D Poor Kundalini's lore is loooong overdue, and I was glad for an opportunity to expound on her affliction and how the clan's helping her. Plus I've always been interested in how the Shade affects other dragons' minds. Being able to tie in the Witchborne and Dreamdancer headcanons made it very convenient.

Thank you also for reading! I'm off to your lore thread now. (Your clan has also been added to the allies post! )
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

What a fascinating story! I love the thought you put into expressing what it would be like living in a body for the first time and truly feeling all the sensations that accompany that!

I don't know what it was about the Ocean King, but he terrified me a little, I'm glad he didn't get the body in the end. I have to wonder if part of the reason he chose an imperial body was because of the way they tend to live on after death if the circumstances are correct...
@Disillusionist

What a fascinating story! I love the thought you put into expressing what it would be like living in a body for the first time and truly feeling all the sensations that accompany that!

I don't know what it was about the Ocean King, but he terrified me a little, I'm glad he didn't get the body in the end. I have to wonder if part of the reason he chose an imperial body was because of the way they tend to live on after death if the circumstances are correct...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Just got back from your own lore thread -- good heavens, that was a really fascinating update, too. Thanks for dropping by! [emoji=guardian laughing] That's the fun thing about Sornieth: All that magic helps create weird and crazy situations (like swapping bodies), and it's fun to think how characters might react to them. I'm actually glad to hear the Ocean King creeped you out, since I was aiming for that vibe. X3 I'd initially envisioned him as majestic and grand, but then thought, "He lives at the bottom of the sea; what do trench-dwelling sea creatures normally look like?" And wow, that is an [i]excellent[/i] thought -- I hadn't even considered he might've gone for an Imperial form so that he could "upgrade" to an Emperor. [emoji=guardian scared] That might be an interesting conundrum for Resham to deal with later on!
@Petall Just got back from your own lore thread -- good heavens, that was a really fascinating update, too. Thanks for dropping by!

That's the fun thing about Sornieth: All that magic helps create weird and crazy situations (like swapping bodies), and it's fun to think how characters might react to them.

I'm actually glad to hear the Ocean King creeped you out, since I was aiming for that vibe. X3 I'd initially envisioned him as majestic and grand, but then thought, "He lives at the bottom of the sea; what do trench-dwelling sea creatures normally look like?" And wow, that is an excellent thought -- I hadn't even considered he might've gone for an Imperial form so that he could "upgrade" to an Emperor. That might be an interesting conundrum for Resham to deal with later on!
@Disillusionist

Oooo aliens on Sornieth sounds fascinating!!! I really really like her, and I'll be curious to see how this continues...
@Disillusionist

Oooo aliens on Sornieth sounds fascinating!!! I really really like her, and I'll be curious to see how this continues...
@Disillusionist

:D thanks for the ping.
@Disillusionist

:D thanks for the ping.
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
@Petall Thank you! ^^ I've got the second half of her story written; I just need time to code it and set it up. Probably be finished around Thundercrack or so. :3
@Petall Thank you! ^^ I've got the second half of her story written; I just need time to code it and set it up. Probably be finished around Thundercrack or so. :3
@Disillusionist

Oh. My. Goodness. I love how you utilized the double meaning of dispatch, that was clever! Honestly, the whole dispatch thing was pretty awesome!!! What a great chapter! (Sorry, I want to write a longer comment because it's so good, but I'm also falling asleep as I write this so I'm going to have to come back a reread this tomorrow and give a proper comment once I can take everything in properly.)
@Disillusionist

Oh. My. Goodness. I love how you utilized the double meaning of dispatch, that was clever! Honestly, the whole dispatch thing was pretty awesome!!! What a great chapter! (Sorry, I want to write a longer comment because it's so good, but I'm also falling asleep as I write this so I'm going to have to come back a reread this tomorrow and give a proper comment once I can take everything in properly.)
@Petall :D I've always been intrigued by words with multiple meanings and how they can really mess things up when used in different ways. Thanks for reading this chapter! I've been excited about it for a long time and was glad I could finally add it to the thread. ^^ (I'll be popping over to your thread in a while, too, after dinner~)
@Petall :D I've always been intrigued by words with multiple meanings and how they can really mess things up when used in different ways. Thanks for reading this chapter! I've been excited about it for a long time and was glad I could finally add it to the thread. ^^ (I'll be popping over to your thread in a while, too, after dinner~)
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 99 100