Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 751 752 753 754 755 ... 1584 1585
sara - I have long and textured hair, so yeah. :\ rogue hair happened. I literally just took a shower tho, so I'm just gonna be all 'whatevs' about it. I'll find it again later and either scrape my nails down it (lol and hope my nails don't shred instead) or snip snip snip it out, because literally there is no difference to me. Or most likely i'll forget about it and attend work tomorrow PRETENDING I AM A REASONABLE EMPLOYEE WHO DOESN'T PAINT THEIR OWN HAIR. lol
sara - I have long and textured hair, so yeah. :\ rogue hair happened. I literally just took a shower tho, so I'm just gonna be all 'whatevs' about it. I'll find it again later and either scrape my nails down it (lol and hope my nails don't shred instead) or snip snip snip it out, because literally there is no difference to me. Or most likely i'll forget about it and attend work tomorrow PRETENDING I AM A REASONABLE EMPLOYEE WHO DOESN'T PAINT THEIR OWN HAIR. lol
Yeah Sara, this guy Nils has magic and is the grandson of one of the big leader-types in my lair. He was also raised to be sensible in Oakrest, Ss I actually think (because nobody can ever be happy family in my lair apparently) that they might butt heads over the magical denial thing? I don't knoooow.

I really love the character of Nils. Because he's lost a lot but he's still a happy guy despite things. He's probably... My favorite next to Eilif, in terms of things I've written. And I want him to be important in my lore because I like his character so much. Though of course I'm not usually happy with what I've written. I'm a big self-critic.
Yeah Sara, this guy Nils has magic and is the grandson of one of the big leader-types in my lair. He was also raised to be sensible in Oakrest, Ss I actually think (because nobody can ever be happy family in my lair apparently) that they might butt heads over the magical denial thing? I don't knoooow.

I really love the character of Nils. Because he's lost a lot but he's still a happy guy despite things. He's probably... My favorite next to Eilif, in terms of things I've written. And I want him to be important in my lore because I like his character so much. Though of course I'm not usually happy with what I've written. I'm a big self-critic.
ixris- GO FOR IT. XD

GM - Aw, Nils is such a good guy! <3 (Why DOES your Clan deny Magic anyways? Makes no sense, considering the Arcane Flight practically breathes the stuff and used everywhere)

Also, that middle italic paragraph made me laugh. XD

Also, he reminds me of Mathias, but Mathias still lives in the past and though I try my best to write his Lore to be happy he still somehow ends up a bit sad and it breaks my heart. T~T
ixris- GO FOR IT. XD

GM - Aw, Nils is such a good guy! <3 (Why DOES your Clan deny Magic anyways? Makes no sense, considering the Arcane Flight practically breathes the stuff and used everywhere)

Also, that middle italic paragraph made me laugh. XD

Also, he reminds me of Mathias, but Mathias still lives in the past and though I try my best to write his Lore to be happy he still somehow ends up a bit sad and it breaks my heart. T~T
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Crownfire is really... Sheltered? I guess? In a sense. Most of the interaction with outside dragons comes from meeting them on the road. So a good many of them know magic exists. They believe in it. But when they go home, they don't talk about it. There's not really a reason, other than it's just frowned upon to talk about it. Spirits, magic, these things that aren't tangible- they aren't things that are acknowledged. It's easier to go along with it and pretend they don't exist.

Of course Oakrest dragons know magic is real, know spirits are real. But they enjoy the simplicity of life here in Crownfire, without that pressure. I try to choose kids with lore that can fit in in Crownfire without being surrounded by magic or fighting spirits. But more lately, there are fighters here. And now with Nils, the first and only real magic user (I have a spiral who probably uses magic but he doesn't know what it is he's doing), I think things are at this breaking point between "magic is bad/ wait what is magic lol" and "we need to get over this denial of magic existing in this universe.

I tend to write mostly from my own personal issues and stuff I've dealt with so without trying to sound weird and like this is some important meaningful thing (because some of it is and some of it is of course for fun), I'll just say Crownfire's denial of magic probably comes from the fact that where I live in the South, things are... So backwards. Things that clearly exist, that have been around for years, that should be widely accepted... Are not. So I guess that's where magic-denial came from originally in my clan.

Also I don't know that any arcane dragons actually reside in Crownfire? I had one from Sal a while ago but she's since moved out. Any arcane dragon I do have probably lives in my lightning-based lore place, which is of course in lightning territory (I checked- no arcane until Ini-herit, who is the leader of the lightning based territory thing) and doesn't have any issue with magics/spirits/etc. as it is its own group.

Nils actually would've lost his parents (and two siblings) to the same thing that Mathias lost his mom to, so I suppose it makes sense that they have similar feelings of loss and do a lot of living in the past. I honestly kind of forgot that kid existed but he is super pretty grown up and that microlore is saaaad yet beautiful omg ixris... Also yeah, my new lore placeholder stuff cracks me up a bit.
Crownfire is really... Sheltered? I guess? In a sense. Most of the interaction with outside dragons comes from meeting them on the road. So a good many of them know magic exists. They believe in it. But when they go home, they don't talk about it. There's not really a reason, other than it's just frowned upon to talk about it. Spirits, magic, these things that aren't tangible- they aren't things that are acknowledged. It's easier to go along with it and pretend they don't exist.

Of course Oakrest dragons know magic is real, know spirits are real. But they enjoy the simplicity of life here in Crownfire, without that pressure. I try to choose kids with lore that can fit in in Crownfire without being surrounded by magic or fighting spirits. But more lately, there are fighters here. And now with Nils, the first and only real magic user (I have a spiral who probably uses magic but he doesn't know what it is he's doing), I think things are at this breaking point between "magic is bad/ wait what is magic lol" and "we need to get over this denial of magic existing in this universe.

I tend to write mostly from my own personal issues and stuff I've dealt with so without trying to sound weird and like this is some important meaningful thing (because some of it is and some of it is of course for fun), I'll just say Crownfire's denial of magic probably comes from the fact that where I live in the South, things are... So backwards. Things that clearly exist, that have been around for years, that should be widely accepted... Are not. So I guess that's where magic-denial came from originally in my clan.

Also I don't know that any arcane dragons actually reside in Crownfire? I had one from Sal a while ago but she's since moved out. Any arcane dragon I do have probably lives in my lightning-based lore place, which is of course in lightning territory (I checked- no arcane until Ini-herit, who is the leader of the lightning based territory thing) and doesn't have any issue with magics/spirits/etc. as it is its own group.

Nils actually would've lost his parents (and two siblings) to the same thing that Mathias lost his mom to, so I suppose it makes sense that they have similar feelings of loss and do a lot of living in the past. I honestly kind of forgot that kid existed but he is super pretty grown up and that microlore is saaaad yet beautiful omg ixris... Also yeah, my new lore placeholder stuff cracks me up a bit.
Sara - Honestly Darkshine being anywhere without Deepsea would already be kinda OOC, so...do what you want, I guess?? xD;; Looks like you're having fun with the writing so far! Feel free to use or not use any of my dragons/lore (click on the books in my signature to go to my mess of a lore thread, and then click away quickly from the massive wall of text). They are probably not very inspirational/usable for what you need, but...just in case.

GM - I was kind of in the back of my head wondering if the magic denial had anything to do with something like that. *hugs*
Sara - Honestly Darkshine being anywhere without Deepsea would already be kinda OOC, so...do what you want, I guess?? xD;; Looks like you're having fun with the writing so far! Feel free to use or not use any of my dragons/lore (click on the books in my signature to go to my mess of a lore thread, and then click away quickly from the massive wall of text). They are probably not very inspirational/usable for what you need, but...just in case.

GM - I was kind of in the back of my head wondering if the magic denial had anything to do with something like that. *hugs*
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
NOT that I'm trying to draw direct links between my dragons and those kinds of ideas or say that they are "those kinds of dragons" because all Crownfire dragons are accepting and great dragons of everything else, but it was a decision I made early on and if I really think about it, that's pretty much where it came from. I know that's totally messed up but I didn't deliberately write it that way :-0
NOT that I'm trying to draw direct links between my dragons and those kinds of ideas or say that they are "those kinds of dragons" because all Crownfire dragons are accepting and great dragons of everything else, but it was a decision I made early on and if I really think about it, that's pretty much where it came from. I know that's totally messed up but I didn't deliberately write it that way :-0
@/GM
*Hug* I understand that then, it was just a bit confusing to meet a Clan that denies something that is part of every day life, but if that's how it is it's perfectly understandable. :3 (I LOVE Mathias. <3 Working on writing his Lore but GOD HE JUST MAKES ME WANT TO HUG HIM.) Anyways, Nils is a precious boy, and I think your Lore is very interesting. <3

@/Sal
Mind providing a short summary of his character? I read his Lore (and WOW, all that with the spirits and being sheltered as fudge cookies) but a summary of his Lore will be easier to write about him and hopefully get his personality correct. ^^

@/GM
*Hug* I understand that then, it was just a bit confusing to meet a Clan that denies something that is part of every day life, but if that's how it is it's perfectly understandable. :3 (I LOVE Mathias. <3 Working on writing his Lore but GOD HE JUST MAKES ME WANT TO HUG HIM.) Anyways, Nils is a precious boy, and I think your Lore is very interesting. <3

@/Sal
Mind providing a short summary of his character? I read his Lore (and WOW, all that with the spirits and being sheltered as fudge cookies) but a summary of his Lore will be easier to write about him and hopefully get his personality correct. ^^

U4Cs8mx.gif
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Sal - welcome back from Grandmaland! Hope she's well. :)

GM - oof, heavy. But insightful, and not the worst thing to draw inspiration from. Using writing to process things in your real life is such a thing. *PROBABLY DOES IT ALL THE TIME*
Sal - welcome back from Grandmaland! Hope she's well. :)

GM - oof, heavy. But insightful, and not the worst thing to draw inspiration from. Using writing to process things in your real life is such a thing. *PROBABLY DOES IT ALL THE TIME*
@/ixris
>.>

(writing a long fantasy/adventure novel that's basically based off of events from my life)
@/ixris
>.>

(writing a long fantasy/adventure novel that's basically based off of events from my life)
U4Cs8mx.gif
*used to do that exact thing* lol
*used to do that exact thing* lol
1 2 ... 751 752 753 754 755 ... 1584 1585