Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | What Remains: A Pinkerton Nuzlocke
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 85 86
Darn. Goodbye, Aleppo. We hardly knew ye'.
Darn. Goodbye, Aleppo. We hardly knew ye'.
52129986155_f308070485_o.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
@GrinningWolf24

Tis the circle of life unfortunately! But maybe Pink will feel sorry for us and drop a fami tomorrow
@GrinningWolf24

Tis the circle of life unfortunately! But maybe Pink will feel sorry for us and drop a fami tomorrow
J64tse8.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
Aww, poor thing. At least Drone's eggs will hatch in a few days.
Aww, poor thing. At least Drone's eggs will hatch in a few days.
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

That's true! Though how many survive will be up to fate
@Drachenschwinge

That's true! Though how many survive will be up to fate
Crits are terrible, the bane of lockes.
Crits are terrible, the bane of lockes.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
[center][b]Day 172:[/b][item=Celestine Geode][/center] Fatherhood was something Datura felt completely unprepared for. Hickory hadn’t let any of his older children help raise Teasel, and being the next youngest Datura had little experience with anything close to child care. Juniper did his best to help out, but there were still times Datura felt completely lost. What if Piera asked about her mother? Worse, what if she wanted to leave the woods? Datura couldn’t bear to tell her she was trapped here. He was considering the answers to these questions when Piera padded over and sat down next to him. She was almost an adult now, and her pale purple eyes stared out into the mist with her father. This part of the ruins was completely unfinished, and despite the comfortable lair they had deeper inside, the entrance felt like another place; somewhere terribly far away. “What does it tell you, the mist?” she asked, the whistles and hums of her question lingering hauntingly in the trees. Datura sighed and dragged his eyes away. “It tells me secrets, they were so much more vivid when I was younger. It taught me how to make silk, how to weave secrets into cloth. It tells me if a dragon means well, or if an egg will hatch. These days it’s becoming harder and harder to see anything at all.” Piera turned her eyes to her father, but said nothing. Motherhood was something Drone never thought would happen to her. Of course she could have had children whenever she wanted, but the thought of raising her hatchlings alone in the woods with no others around had always made her hold back. If this had been the hive, she might not have raised her own children but here there was no choice. She was discovering feelings inside her, deeper than she thought possible. While she mourned for her daughter, Drone adored and worried for her son. Juniper and Datura Dragon told her it was nothing to worry about, he was just odd. But Korbirac was more than odd. He looked like a dragon, but Drone knew he was more than that. He was the smallest guardian in the lair, even near the cusp of adulthood, but he was much, much larger than his mother. Still he adored her, and spent as much time as he could near her. One night, when Drone was resting on his back, to help lull him to sleep he asked, “Is there a noise in your head too? One that sounds like rain on the leaves a far way away.” Drone’s stomach crawled up her throat, and she forced herself to swallow before she answered. “Yes. This Drone hears too. It is...” She paused. There was no way to explain this without explaining the hive and where she came from. What it was like, how she was different. Maybe even about the electric pulse that came through the noise like a ghost. Finally she found the words she wanted. “It is time for this child to hear a story.” At the entrance of the lair, Piera got up. “The mist speaks to me too. I wish it would teach me how to make silk.” “I will teach you,” replied Datura. Piera hummed before she answered. Her words were ominous. “Yes, I’d like that. Before there’s no time.” ***************************** Whoops! I thought I'd done the pinkerlocke for yesterday. Ah well, we get to see the childrens! Korbirac is a little mamma's boy (and if anyone missed it, there's a story >[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2673859/3#post_38885714]here[/url]< That addresses what Drone has going on. Piera on the other hand... she's got the legacy of her great great grandfather going strong. Mopsus lives! sort of. He is the reason for all the oddness. @Himawari @IronPen @SemperVictor @Dylluminati @luckgandor @ScarletTheDragon @demitri @Saseum @GrinningWolf24 @winterbright @DragonPanther888 @Elementis @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge
Day 172: Celestine Geode

Fatherhood was something Datura felt completely unprepared for. Hickory hadn’t let any of his older children help raise Teasel, and being the next youngest Datura had little experience with anything close to child care. Juniper did his best to help out, but there were still times Datura felt completely lost. What if Piera asked about her mother? Worse, what if she wanted to leave the woods? Datura couldn’t bear to tell her she was trapped here.

He was considering the answers to these questions when Piera padded over and sat down next to him. She was almost an adult now, and her pale purple eyes stared out into the mist with her father. This part of the ruins was completely unfinished, and despite the comfortable lair they had deeper inside, the entrance felt like another place; somewhere terribly far away.

“What does it tell you, the mist?” she asked, the whistles and hums of her question lingering hauntingly in the trees.

Datura sighed and dragged his eyes away. “It tells me secrets, they were so much more vivid when I was younger. It taught me how to make silk, how to weave secrets into cloth. It tells me if a dragon means well, or if an egg will hatch. These days it’s becoming harder and harder to see anything at all.”

Piera turned her eyes to her father, but said nothing.

Motherhood was something Drone never thought would happen to her. Of course she could have had children whenever she wanted, but the thought of raising her hatchlings alone in the woods with no others around had always made her hold back. If this had been the hive, she might not have raised her own children but here there was no choice. She was discovering feelings inside her, deeper than she thought possible. While she mourned for her daughter, Drone adored and worried for her son. Juniper and Datura Dragon told her it was nothing to worry about, he was just odd.

But Korbirac was more than odd. He looked like a dragon, but Drone knew he was more than that. He was the smallest guardian in the lair, even near the cusp of adulthood, but he was much, much larger than his mother. Still he adored her, and spent as much time as he could near her. One night, when Drone was resting on his back, to help lull him to sleep he asked, “Is there a noise in your head too? One that sounds like rain on the leaves a far way away.”

Drone’s stomach crawled up her throat, and she forced herself to swallow before she answered. “Yes. This Drone hears too. It is...”

She paused. There was no way to explain this without explaining the hive and where she came from. What it was like, how she was different. Maybe even about the electric pulse that came through the noise like a ghost. Finally she found the words she wanted. “It is time for this child to hear a story.”

At the entrance of the lair, Piera got up. “The mist speaks to me too. I wish it would teach me how to make silk.”

“I will teach you,” replied Datura.

Piera hummed before she answered. Her words were ominous. “Yes, I’d like that. Before there’s no time.”

Whoops! I thought I'd done the pinkerlocke for yesterday. Ah well, we get to see the childrens! Korbirac is a little mamma's boy (and if anyone missed it, there's a story >here< That addresses what Drone has going on.

Piera on the other hand... she's got the legacy of her great great grandfather going strong. Mopsus lives! sort of. He is the reason for all the oddness.

@Himawari @IronPen @SemperVictor @Dylluminati @luckgandor @ScarletTheDragon @demitri @Saseum @GrinningWolf24 @winterbright @DragonPanther888 @Elementis @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge
[center][b]Day 173:[/b][item=winter's delight][/center] 10 battles in the coli since we've got that nest coming. Rey, Korbirac and Karal went out to the scorched forest! All's well here, they did the first five battles in one go, and Korbirac is a solid lvl 6 now! Our little boy is growing up! @Himawari @IronPen @SemperVictor @Dylluminati @luckgandor @ScarletTheDragon @demitri @Saseum @GrinningWolf24 @winterbright @DragonPanther888 @Elementis @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge
Day 173: Winter's Delight

10 battles in the coli since we've got that nest coming.

Rey, Korbirac and Karal went out to the scorched forest! All's well here, they did the first five battles in one go, and Korbirac is a solid lvl 6 now! Our little boy is growing up!

@Himawari @IronPen @SemperVictor @Dylluminati @luckgandor @ScarletTheDragon @demitri @Saseum @GrinningWolf24 @winterbright @DragonPanther888 @Elementis @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge
Oooh, ominous words from the children~ And yay, storytime! ^^

I'm not sure if you've ever read the Guardians of Ga'hoole series, but it suddenly just occured to me how similar Datura and Piera's mist reading is to Grank, Hoole, and Coryn's firesight. And if it happens to do the same thing, then this means that Piera is most likely a much stronger mist reader than her father, and is taking all the information that the mist is offering, thus making it harder for Datura to continue to read it.

Anywho, ramble aside, I am loving getting to see all the childrens growing up!
Oooh, ominous words from the children~ And yay, storytime! ^^

I'm not sure if you've ever read the Guardians of Ga'hoole series, but it suddenly just occured to me how similar Datura and Piera's mist reading is to Grank, Hoole, and Coryn's firesight. And if it happens to do the same thing, then this means that Piera is most likely a much stronger mist reader than her father, and is taking all the information that the mist is offering, thus making it harder for Datura to continue to read it.

Anywho, ramble aside, I am loving getting to see all the childrens growing up!
52129986155_f308070485_o.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
@GrinningWolf24

I did not read the Guardians of Ga'hoole series! Basically as soon as I hit 6th grade I was in the adult fiction shelves more or less exclusively so I missed them. You are right about Piera being a stronger mist reader, but she isn't sucking all the sight away from her father.

The reason Datura's mist sight is going is really very simple: He can't forsee his own death.

The mists for him tell him secrets, not necessarily the future. They can show him when something good or bad will happen or if a dragon is good or bad but unless a dragon is an egg, its future is too complicated for Datura to read properly.

Piera's ability is the read the future a little bit. Her talents may expand but currently she can't see the things her father would have seen at the height of his reading.

I had a lot of fun with this bit though. Since I had decided that both of the children had inherited a 'condition' from their parents I wanted to touch on it a bit and give the story some breathing room between dragon arrivals and departures.
@GrinningWolf24

I did not read the Guardians of Ga'hoole series! Basically as soon as I hit 6th grade I was in the adult fiction shelves more or less exclusively so I missed them. You are right about Piera being a stronger mist reader, but she isn't sucking all the sight away from her father.

The reason Datura's mist sight is going is really very simple: He can't forsee his own death.

The mists for him tell him secrets, not necessarily the future. They can show him when something good or bad will happen or if a dragon is good or bad but unless a dragon is an egg, its future is too complicated for Datura to read properly.

Piera's ability is the read the future a little bit. Her talents may expand but currently she can't see the things her father would have seen at the height of his reading.

I had a lot of fun with this bit though. Since I had decided that both of the children had inherited a 'condition' from their parents I wanted to touch on it a bit and give the story some breathing room between dragon arrivals and departures.
[center][b]Day 174:[/b][item=silver guppy][/center] 30 battles in the coli! Juniper took Drone and Piera out to Bamboo Falls. Drone is now lvl 12 and Piera is lvl 9! @Himawari @IronPen @SemperVictor @Dylluminati @luckgandor @ScarletTheDragon @demitri @Saseum @GrinningWolf24 @winterbright @DragonPanther888 @Elementis @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge
Day 174: Silver Guppy

30 battles in the coli!

Juniper took Drone and Piera out to Bamboo Falls. Drone is now lvl 12 and Piera is lvl 9!

1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 85 86