Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | What Remains: A Pinkerton Nuzlocke
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 85 86
@Drachenschwinge

I think it's because I can't do art very well XD I need some sort of generative creative outlet for ideas and writing ended up being that for me.

Kudos on getting through it all with English as a second language, I know I use words sometimes that my friends need me to give them the definitions for. Is German your first language?
@Drachenschwinge

I think it's because I can't do art very well XD I need some sort of generative creative outlet for ideas and writing ended up being that for me.

Kudos on getting through it all with English as a second language, I know I use words sometimes that my friends need me to give them the definitions for. Is German your first language?
J64tse8.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
That's right. I'm probably used to it since I tend to play videogames in english too (german dubs usually sound awful T-T).
Speaking english on the other hand... I rarely get the opportunity and when I do I hate it, not because my stammering and suddenly forgetting words I use regularly when writing/reading but because I hate my own accent xD I'm weird.

I actually started my own private little Pinkerlocke a few days ago since I'm not confident enough to make a thread. Writing even little pieces of story takes ages in english and I don't think I'm a good writer to begin with >.>

Sorry for leaving my whole life story here, I feel kind of bad xD
That's right. I'm probably used to it since I tend to play videogames in english too (german dubs usually sound awful T-T).
Speaking english on the other hand... I rarely get the opportunity and when I do I hate it, not because my stammering and suddenly forgetting words I use regularly when writing/reading but because I hate my own accent xD I'm weird.

I actually started my own private little Pinkerlocke a few days ago since I'm not confident enough to make a thread. Writing even little pieces of story takes ages in english and I don't think I'm a good writer to begin with >.>

Sorry for leaving my whole life story here, I feel kind of bad xD
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

I don't think I've ever heard a german dub of a video game, but I can say that most dubs of things aren't great unless they're done by a big company, regardless of your mother tongue.

I used to be able to speak french and I did take a german class but I always hate speaking in them because I'm so much better at talking in English and it gets frustrating!

If you ever decide to make your pinkerlocke public, I'd love to follow along! Not to mention, there's nothing saying you need to make a grand overarching story like mine. I've seen some people do journal entries or poetry, and there's nothing saying you need to write in english either!

Also don't feel bad about talking here! I love making new friends and I'd imagine most folks aren't subscribed to this thread, they just get the pings.
@Drachenschwinge

I don't think I've ever heard a german dub of a video game, but I can say that most dubs of things aren't great unless they're done by a big company, regardless of your mother tongue.

I used to be able to speak french and I did take a german class but I always hate speaking in them because I'm so much better at talking in English and it gets frustrating!

If you ever decide to make your pinkerlocke public, I'd love to follow along! Not to mention, there's nothing saying you need to make a grand overarching story like mine. I've seen some people do journal entries or poetry, and there's nothing saying you need to write in english either!

Also don't feel bad about talking here! I love making new friends and I'd imagine most folks aren't subscribed to this thread, they just get the pings.
I actually do take notes of it on this gal just so I don't confuse the days and know what happened last, so feel free to poke around ^^
The problem is that there is so much story and so many headcannons in my head already that I at least want to try to write it down.

I figured they may sound bad to someone whose mother tongue is english but for someone whose isn't it usually sound a ton better.
I learned french in school too but sadly it's just not my language, it somehow never made a lot of sense to me. Same with spanish, I dropped it in school (since it was not a requirement at that point). I also tried russian once but couldn't get farther than the alphabet since I kept confusing the letters, especially all the s sounds xD
I actually do take notes of it on this gal just so I don't confuse the days and know what happened last, so feel free to poke around ^^
The problem is that there is so much story and so many headcannons in my head already that I at least want to try to write it down.

I figured they may sound bad to someone whose mother tongue is english but for someone whose isn't it usually sound a ton better.
I learned french in school too but sadly it's just not my language, it somehow never made a lot of sense to me. Same with spanish, I dropped it in school (since it was not a requirement at that point). I also tried russian once but couldn't get farther than the alphabet since I kept confusing the letters, especially all the s sounds xD
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

I love what you have going so far! I couldn't find the prologue but I checked out the dragons bios and you're quite a good writer! I want to see how the pickpocket and your wildclaw play off each other. It looks like you have a really solid base!

I'm so bad for headcannons! I actually made one I had for my first pinkerlocke (that I abandoned) into a Big Event for my lair, which is why they're not where they used to be and my current pinkerlocke dragons can live in the ruins!

I'm in Canada so French is one of our official languages. I have lots of holes in my french but I was fairly good at it. I tried spanish but the words were too close to french for me to be comfortable (day of my spanish exam I couldn't count to three in french. My head kept going 'un, deux, tres' which is WRONG). I have a lot of trouble with the German R and the idea of compound nouns. That and any language with gendered nouns is perplexing to me, I mostly just guess when I use them in french.
@Drachenschwinge

I love what you have going so far! I couldn't find the prologue but I checked out the dragons bios and you're quite a good writer! I want to see how the pickpocket and your wildclaw play off each other. It looks like you have a really solid base!

I'm so bad for headcannons! I actually made one I had for my first pinkerlocke (that I abandoned) into a Big Event for my lair, which is why they're not where they used to be and my current pinkerlocke dragons can live in the ruins!

I'm in Canada so French is one of our official languages. I have lots of holes in my french but I was fairly good at it. I tried spanish but the words were too close to french for me to be comfortable (day of my spanish exam I couldn't count to three in french. My head kept going 'un, deux, tres' which is WRONG). I have a lot of trouble with the German R and the idea of compound nouns. That and any language with gendered nouns is perplexing to me, I mostly just guess when I use them in french.
I get you, especially since german has not only 2 (la/le) but three of them (er/sie/es). And there's no real rule to it either. It's just a matter of memorizing I guess :(

Oh it's on this dragon, it's linked but you can't see it very well because the text colour of links doesn't change in my bios. And thank you! Although I have to admit that these short textes took me quite a while to write, especially since I have the uncanny ability to confuse Prepostions (in/on/at) and I always have to check at least twice to make sure a sentence makes any sense xD

I read your clan lore and I have to say the thing going on with Ombre especially makes a lot more sense now :o
I get you, especially since german has not only 2 (la/le) but three of them (er/sie/es). And there's no real rule to it either. It's just a matter of memorizing I guess :(

Oh it's on this dragon, it's linked but you can't see it very well because the text colour of links doesn't change in my bios. And thank you! Although I have to admit that these short textes took me quite a while to write, especially since I have the uncanny ability to confuse Prepostions (in/on/at) and I always have to check at least twice to make sure a sentence makes any sense xD

I read your clan lore and I have to say the thing going on with Ombre especially makes a lot more sense now :o
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

Yes German does have 3! I almost will always use 'sie' because it sounds about like 'the' with a heavy accent. I have so many languages I want to learn but not only do I lack the self motivation outside of a class room setting I'm always terrified to talk to people who also speak the language.

That being said I have a few phrases in german I like to say. 'Ich habe mine Handi' is my favourite because it's fun to say and I like 'handi'.

Ohhh! I really like the prologue! If you ever need someone to look over your writing and help catch the propositions you can let me know! Just send me the text in a pm or something :D

YES! THE HUNGER!!!
It was a part of my first Pinkerlocke I was really excited for. Since it was based on a dragon having a certain gene and I did forshadow it a tiny bit when Frey and Vin find that weird tundra pelt (it was this boy from the first pinkerlocke). I do a lot of stuff like that where I make little nods to the existing lore of my lair and such.
@Drachenschwinge

Yes German does have 3! I almost will always use 'sie' because it sounds about like 'the' with a heavy accent. I have so many languages I want to learn but not only do I lack the self motivation outside of a class room setting I'm always terrified to talk to people who also speak the language.

That being said I have a few phrases in german I like to say. 'Ich habe mine Handi' is my favourite because it's fun to say and I like 'handi'.

Ohhh! I really like the prologue! If you ever need someone to look over your writing and help catch the propositions you can let me know! Just send me the text in a pm or something :D

YES! THE HUNGER!!!
It was a part of my first Pinkerlocke I was really excited for. Since it was based on a dragon having a certain gene and I did forshadow it a tiny bit when Frey and Vin find that weird tundra pelt (it was this boy from the first pinkerlocke). I do a lot of stuff like that where I make little nods to the existing lore of my lair and such.
Do you mean "Handy"? It means cell phone. Or "Hand(singular)/Hände(plural)" which means " hand/hands" Otherwise I wouldn't know what word that could be :o

That's pretty neat. Did your dragons ever found out where the hunger came from?

Same here, there's so many languages I would love to try, like (Korean, japanese, italian) but I fear I'm too lazy to properly learn them too T.T

Thank you :) I may switch languages if it gets too frustrating but for now it's more exciting to write in english.
Do you mean "Handy"? It means cell phone. Or "Hand(singular)/Hände(plural)" which means " hand/hands" Otherwise I wouldn't know what word that could be :o

That's pretty neat. Did your dragons ever found out where the hunger came from?

Same here, there's so many languages I would love to try, like (Korean, japanese, italian) but I fear I'm too lazy to properly learn them too T.T

Thank you :) I may switch languages if it gets too frustrating but for now it's more exciting to write in english.
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

Handy! I've never actually seen the word written. I had a friend who was fluent in German and Handy was one of her favourite words. I also like (and we're going to ignore the fact I can't spell in any language) "Ich habe forgessen" which regardless of what it means has translated to me saying 'I had a forget' in english because that's what it sounds like to me.

My dragons did not find out where the hunger came from! They were busy trying to not die, and now that things are more stable they're looking into it, but the world doesn't stop turning for anything and there's a lots going on!

Well if you do start writing in german I'll still try and read it! Maybe it'll give me some incentive to learn more of the language ;)
@Drachenschwinge

Handy! I've never actually seen the word written. I had a friend who was fluent in German and Handy was one of her favourite words. I also like (and we're going to ignore the fact I can't spell in any language) "Ich habe forgessen" which regardless of what it means has translated to me saying 'I had a forget' in english because that's what it sounds like to me.

My dragons did not find out where the hunger came from! They were busy trying to not die, and now that things are more stable they're looking into it, but the world doesn't stop turning for anything and there's a lots going on!

Well if you do start writing in german I'll still try and read it! Maybe it'll give me some incentive to learn more of the language ;)
Maybe your current Pinkerlocke dragons will find out if they stay in the ruins long enough. Thistledown and Galia would be proud xD

That's actually exactly what it means. "Ich habe vergessen" = "I have forgotten" ;)
Maybe your current Pinkerlocke dragons will find out if they stay in the ruins long enough. Thistledown and Galia would be proud xD

That's actually exactly what it means. "Ich habe vergessen" = "I have forgotten" ;)
2WRv2Ib.jpg

1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 85 86