Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] The Lavaburst Clan
1 2 3 4
[center][size=7][b]Poetry in Motion[/b][/size][/center] [quote=Introduction][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28336503] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/283366/28336503.png[/img] [/url][b]Influenza[/b] is the clan's scribe, but also a poet and a huge literature fan. He enjoys writing about anything and everything, but especially likes emotion-filled and scenic writing. His most notable feature are his ruined and scarred scales, which were gained from being thrown into the Wrymwound. He hides them with as much clothing and dim lighting as possible.[/quote] Influenza had always liked travelling. There's nothing that inspires writing more than wandering aimlessly and inquisitively, your only destination the pages of your next pieces of work. Today, Influenza found himself at a rather small trading post. One could hardly call it a trading post, in the dim light he was sure it could have been mistaken for some kind of graveyard. The only thing that guided his steps were the blue bioluminescent fungi that were littered about the land, but he didn't mind. This place, the Wispwillow Grove, was always worth visiting. It was the most beautiful place within the Tangled Wood, its glowing fungi and looming trees were something out of a marvelous horror tale. Taking in every last detail of the trading post, Influenza's attention was stolen by a little sign with delicate writing. "[i]Night Candle Tavern and Inn[/i]" it read. From the intricate design of the building, he thought it to be quite welcoming. He hoped it was dark inside. His scales, scarred, ruined, and melted could frighten anyone from hatchling to deity. It would really, really,[i] really[/i] be better for everyone if he kept his scales out of sight. They were why he wore so much clothing, after all. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to stay a while. To be fair, he did need a place to sleep for the night. Interested but wary, Influenza slowly pushed open the door to the tavern. He quickly found himself entranced by the sights and smells that greeted him. He could smell the delicious aroma of what could only be carefully roasted meat. Of course mixed with that aroma was the stink of alcohol, but he didn't mind. He didn't mind at all. The building was lit only by enchanted candles that floated about aimlessly. The whole area was shrouded in an entrancing blue light and soft purple fumes. Such ambiance was rivaled by no other place Influenza had ever visited. He eyed the counter near the back of the room where the barkeeper was serving drinks. Such a sight was a dull reminder of how he hadn't drank anything in a while. Surely, one drink wouldn't hurt. [center][item=enchanted candle][item=enchanted candle][item=enchanted candle][item=enchanted candle][/center] [quote=Barkeeper][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=27899572][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/278996/27899572.png[/img][/url][/center][/quote] The stools before the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=27899572]barkeep[/url] were empty, as every other dragon had retreated to the tables to idly talk among each other. So when Influenza approached, the barkeeper smiled. His icy iridescent scales reminded him of his first home in the Southern Icefield. Ah, how he missed the cold. "What can I get ya?" the Skydancer chirped, his snout baring a welcoming smile. "Something cold," Influenza's despondent blue eyes peered from underneath hood, distracted by memories of a life once lived. "Far from home, ain't ya?" He asked as he poured him a drink, big eyes bulging with curiosity. Afterward, he slid him the glass. "I mean I never seen ya around before." "I live in the Sunbeam Ruins, actually. It's just about two days worth of flying." Influenza replied as he took a sip. The drink was watered down. A lot. "I see, I see. Ya one of them clan dragons?" He asked. His eyes were peering downward at the floor and away from Influenza as he pondered something. "Guess you could call me that. They treat me alright over there," Influenza answered with a uninterested but quiet tone as he slid a small bag of treasure as payment. Right. Shadow and Light dragons weren't known for getting along so well. "... Well, I'd be careful if I was ya. Shadow folk don't like Light folk too much!" The barkeep laughed, half-joking, half-serious, as he took the treasure into his small talons. "I wouldn't worry." Influenza responded curtly. He may be a scribe, but he could deliver a good kick or two if he had to. The thought of him losing... heh, fantasy. The two's conversation was rudely interrupted when the door audibly burst open. Influenza slightly turned to see a group of Mirrors, four to be exact, run into the tavern with a cheer. The Shadow dragons eyed them oddly for a brief moment, but quickly returned to their own activities. Noticing their red glowing Plague eyes, Influenza silently adjusted his hood over his eyes. Filthy. Influenza gripped his drink with sharpened claws as he recollected the time in which a pack of Plague Mirrors threw him into the Wrymwound. It's what gave him these ruined green scales, this unsightly appearance. He used to be pink. He used to be happy. The Mirrors rushed over to the counter, interrupting his thoughts. "Barkeep! Four drinks for the Smoke Squadron Mirrors! Gimme your strongest!" The barkeeper quickly abided by their request before shrinking away. He seemed to be intimidated by these dragons. They sat down on the stools beside Influenza, who pretended not to notice them. [quote=The Mirrors, Smoke Squadron of ???] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=5192426][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/51925/5192426.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Spectre[/b] <---[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=5291838][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/52919/5291838.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Gutterjaw[/b] <---[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=5679407][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/56795/5679407.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Carlyle[/b] <---[/columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=13186789] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=13186789][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/131868/13186789.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Roker[/b] <---[/quote] However, they very much seemed to notice him. "Hey there, pretty Nocturne," one said, a Mirror with coral ripples that made up his scales and a crimson smoke patterning running through his body, wings and tail. In fact, it seemed all of these Mirrors had some sort of smoke pattern. "How you doing tonight?" his friends laughed. Influenza, careful to keep his eyes hidden so that his Flight allegiance may be concealed, took a sip of his beverage. He didn't reply. "You got a brain in that pretty head o' yours?" The coral Mirror spoke again. The joke garnered boisterous laughter from his companions. Perhaps with the low amount of light, they couldn't see his roughed up scales. Good. Influenza's eyes were slits as he eyed the Mirrors. A coral one, a green one, a light grey one, and a dark grey one. He... hadn't met these dragons before, right? The likelihood that he was having a slip of the mind was low, right? "Damn. Never heard of the Smoke Squadron, baby? Or better yet, [i]Pack Powerful[/i]?" The green one piped up next. "We're stronger than the deities themselves!" Something clicked. Influenza clutched his drink with shaking claws. Pack Powerful. Yes, that was the name of the pack of bloodthirsty Mirrors that threw him into the Wrymwound, the pack that made his beautiful pink scales sizzle and painfully morph into this coarse form of a body. They tossed him into that lake like an animal carcass being discarded after all the vital parts had been harvested. The glass shattered under the pressure of Influenza's claws, earning surprised looks from the barkeeper and the Smoke Squadron Mirrors. "Why not give us a look at that pretty face of yours, sunshine?" One of them, the light grey one, had gotten the hint. If he did that... They might recognize him. Influenza gritted his teeth at the grim realization. Fine then. If they wanted to see, they'll [i]see[/i]. Silently, Influenza stood and backed away from the stool. Then with one shake, the hood was off his head. The coral one mimicked the sound of vomiting. The rest laughed. The coral one paused to speak. "Damn. You're that Nocturne from a while back, yeah? Angered chief like that." He laughed, a hollow sound. "You deserved it." The remark cut into Influenza's heart like a saw upon wood. Deserved it...? Nobody... deserved to have their scales burned off. Nobody deserved to be made into a monster. But some dragons aren't [i]made[/i] monsters, weren't they? Influenza looked down at his claws. He watched as they froze with Ice magic and didn't try to stop himself at all. Without a warning, he brought one of his paws, covered in jagged eyes up in a vicious uppercut that featured the coral Mirror getting punched in the chin. He was knocked unconscious instantly. Oh, how he loved Flight advantages. The three remaining Mirrors were taken aback for only a moment. Then, they sunk into battle stances. Influenza could hear them cursing and insulting him, but it was if their voices were coming from some world far away, faded and muted. The green Mirror aimed a blow at his head, causing Influenza to duck. The light grey Mirror charged into his chest, slamming him against the counter. Influenza froze his claws and grabbed the dark grey Mirror's crest. He froze them over, causing him to shriek and fall backwards from the weight of the ice. The light grey Mirror rushed over to him. The green Mirror locked his Plague-ridden claws around the Nocturne's neck and began to violently shake him, his infected claws beginning to sink into his scales. The light grey Mirror had risen from beside the darker grey one, who had began clawing at the ice, and leaped at Influenza's head, but missed when Influenza jumped on top of the counter. He crashed into the wooden frame of the counter and stayed down. Roaring in fury, Influenza could vaguely hear the distant footsteps of the dark grey Mirror as he ran toward Influenza. Coughing and choking, Influenza grabbed a glass from the counter and knocked it upside Carlyle's head. He slumped over, unconscious from the blow. Suddenly, the green Mirror grabbed the back of Influenza's head and slammed it into the counter. Stunned, Influenza slowly raised himself upwards, only to be interrupted by the Mirror again who threw him onto the floor. Influenza lay winding on the floor. With dizzy eyes, he could see the green Mirror grab a floating candle from the air. "You Ice dragons don't like fire too much, don't you?" he heard his faded voice. His opponent leaped at him, candle in his claws. Influenza weakly rolled to the side, avoiding him and causing him to fall onto the floor. Then, with one last heave of his Ice magic, entrapped both of the Mirror's paws in thick ice. The last Mirror had been restrained. Slowly yet steadily, Influenza stood up and dragged himself over to the counter. That's when the sound came rushing back. He could hear the shocked and terrified murmuring of the costumers in the tavern. Influenza saw what he had done clearly now. He saw the unconscious Mirror, head lodged in the counter. He saw the fainted Mirror who he had knocked out with a single uppercut. He saw the struggling and fumbling Mirror whose crest was still frozen. And he saw the furious Mirror whose paws were frozen together. His world fell to ruins around him, Influenza fell onto a stool. His expression underneath the hood was distraught and torn. He... He did that? Him..? Couldn't... be... Maybe he really was the monster he saw in the mirror.
Poetry in Motion

Introduction wrote:

28336503.png
Influenza is the clan's scribe, but also a poet and a huge literature fan. He enjoys writing about anything and everything, but especially likes emotion-filled and scenic writing.

His most notable feature are his ruined and scarred scales, which were gained from being thrown into the Wrymwound. He hides them with as much clothing and dim lighting as possible.

Influenza had always liked travelling. There's nothing that inspires writing more than wandering aimlessly and inquisitively, your only destination the pages of your next pieces of work.

Today, Influenza found himself at a rather small trading post. One could hardly call it a trading post, in the dim light he was sure it could have been mistaken for some kind of graveyard. The only thing that guided his steps were the blue bioluminescent fungi that were littered about the land, but he didn't mind. This place, the Wispwillow Grove, was always worth visiting. It was the most beautiful place within the Tangled Wood, its glowing fungi and looming trees were something out of a marvelous horror tale.

Taking in every last detail of the trading post, Influenza's attention was stolen by a little sign with delicate writing. "Night Candle Tavern and Inn" it read. From the intricate design of the building, he thought it to be quite welcoming.

He hoped it was dark inside. His scales, scarred, ruined, and melted could frighten anyone from hatchling to deity. It would really, really, really be better for everyone if he kept his scales out of sight. They were why he wore so much clothing, after all.

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to stay a while. To be fair, he did need a place to sleep for the night.

Interested but wary, Influenza slowly pushed open the door to the tavern. He quickly found himself entranced by the sights and smells that greeted him. He could smell the delicious aroma of what could only be carefully roasted meat. Of course mixed with that aroma was the stink of alcohol, but he didn't mind. He didn't mind at all.

The building was lit only by enchanted candles that floated about aimlessly. The whole area was shrouded in an entrancing blue light and soft purple fumes. Such ambiance was rivaled by no other place Influenza had ever visited.

He eyed the counter near the back of the room where the barkeeper was serving drinks. Such a sight was a dull reminder of how he hadn't drank anything in a while. Surely, one drink wouldn't hurt.

Enchanted Candle Enchanted Candle Enchanted Candle Enchanted Candle

Barkeeper wrote:
27899572.png

The stools before the barkeep were empty, as every other dragon had retreated to the tables to idly talk among each other. So when Influenza approached, the barkeeper smiled. His icy iridescent scales reminded him of his first home in the Southern Icefield. Ah, how he missed the cold.

"What can I get ya?" the Skydancer chirped, his snout baring a welcoming smile.

"Something cold," Influenza's despondent blue eyes peered from underneath hood, distracted by memories of a life once lived.

"Far from home, ain't ya?" He asked as he poured him a drink, big eyes bulging with curiosity. Afterward, he slid him the glass. "I mean I never seen ya around before."

"I live in the Sunbeam Ruins, actually. It's just about two days worth of flying." Influenza replied as he took a sip. The drink was watered down. A lot.

"I see, I see. Ya one of them clan dragons?" He asked. His eyes were peering downward at the floor and away from Influenza as he pondered something.

"Guess you could call me that. They treat me alright over there," Influenza answered with a uninterested but quiet tone as he slid a small bag of treasure as payment. Right. Shadow and Light dragons weren't known for getting along so well.

"... Well, I'd be careful if I was ya. Shadow folk don't like Light folk too much!" The barkeep laughed, half-joking, half-serious, as he took the treasure into his small talons.

"I wouldn't worry." Influenza responded curtly. He may be a scribe, but he could deliver a good kick or two if he had to. The thought of him losing... heh, fantasy.

The two's conversation was rudely interrupted when the door audibly burst open. Influenza slightly turned to see a group of Mirrors, four to be exact, run into the tavern with a cheer. The Shadow dragons eyed them oddly for a brief moment, but quickly returned to their own activities. Noticing their red glowing Plague eyes, Influenza silently adjusted his hood over his eyes. Filthy.

Influenza gripped his drink with sharpened claws as he recollected the time in which a pack of Plague Mirrors threw him into the Wrymwound. It's what gave him these ruined green scales, this unsightly appearance. He used to be pink. He used to be happy.

The Mirrors rushed over to the counter, interrupting his thoughts. "Barkeep! Four drinks for the Smoke Squadron Mirrors! Gimme your strongest!"

The barkeeper quickly abided by their request before shrinking away. He seemed to be intimidated by these dragons.

They sat down on the stools beside Influenza, who pretended not to notice them.

The Mirrors, Smoke Squadron of ??? wrote:
5192426.png Spectre
<---
5291838.png Gutterjaw
<---
5679407.png Carlyle
<---

13186789.png Roker
<---

However, they very much seemed to notice him. "Hey there, pretty Nocturne," one said, a Mirror with coral ripples that made up his scales and a crimson smoke patterning running through his body, wings and tail. In fact, it seemed all of these Mirrors had some sort of smoke pattern. "How you doing tonight?" his friends laughed.

Influenza, careful to keep his eyes hidden so that his Flight allegiance may be concealed, took a sip of his beverage. He didn't reply.

"You got a brain in that pretty head o' yours?" The coral Mirror spoke again. The joke garnered boisterous laughter from his companions.

Perhaps with the low amount of light, they couldn't see his roughed up scales. Good.

Influenza's eyes were slits as he eyed the Mirrors. A coral one, a green one, a light grey one, and a dark grey one. He... hadn't met these dragons before, right? The likelihood that he was having a slip of the mind was low, right?

"Damn. Never heard of the Smoke Squadron, baby? Or better yet, Pack Powerful?" The green one piped up next. "We're stronger than the deities themselves!"

Something clicked. Influenza clutched his drink with shaking claws. Pack Powerful. Yes, that was the name of the pack of bloodthirsty Mirrors that threw him into the Wrymwound, the pack that made his beautiful pink scales sizzle and painfully morph into this coarse form of a body. They tossed him into that lake like an animal carcass being discarded after all the vital parts had been harvested.

The glass shattered under the pressure of Influenza's claws, earning surprised looks from the barkeeper and the Smoke Squadron Mirrors.

"Why not give us a look at that pretty face of yours, sunshine?" One of them, the light grey one, had gotten the hint.

If he did that... They might recognize him. Influenza gritted his teeth at the grim realization. Fine then. If they wanted to see, they'll see.

Silently, Influenza stood and backed away from the stool. Then with one shake, the hood was off his head. The coral one mimicked the sound of vomiting. The rest laughed.

The coral one paused to speak. "Damn. You're that Nocturne from a while back, yeah? Angered chief like that." He laughed, a hollow sound. "You deserved it."

The remark cut into Influenza's heart like a saw upon wood. Deserved it...? Nobody... deserved to have their scales burned off. Nobody deserved to be made into a monster. But some dragons aren't made monsters, weren't they?

Influenza looked down at his claws. He watched as they froze with Ice magic and didn't try to stop himself at all.

Without a warning, he brought one of his paws, covered in jagged eyes up in a vicious uppercut that featured the coral Mirror getting punched in the chin. He was knocked unconscious instantly.

Oh, how he loved Flight advantages.

The three remaining Mirrors were taken aback for only a moment. Then, they sunk into battle stances. Influenza could hear them cursing and insulting him, but it was if their voices were coming from some world far away, faded and muted.

The green Mirror aimed a blow at his head, causing Influenza to duck. The light grey Mirror charged into his chest, slamming him against the counter.

Influenza froze his claws and grabbed the dark grey Mirror's crest. He froze them over, causing him to shriek and fall backwards from the weight of the ice. The light grey Mirror rushed over to him.

The green Mirror locked his Plague-ridden claws around the Nocturne's neck and began to violently shake him, his infected claws beginning to sink into his scales. The light grey Mirror had risen from beside the darker grey one, who had began clawing at the ice, and leaped at Influenza's head, but missed when Influenza jumped on top of the counter. He crashed into the wooden frame of the counter and stayed down.

Roaring in fury, Influenza could vaguely hear the distant footsteps of the dark grey Mirror as he ran toward Influenza.

Coughing and choking, Influenza grabbed a glass from the counter and knocked it upside Carlyle's head. He slumped over, unconscious from the blow.

Suddenly, the green Mirror grabbed the back of Influenza's head and slammed it into the counter. Stunned, Influenza slowly raised himself upwards, only to be interrupted by the Mirror again who threw him onto the floor.

Influenza lay winding on the floor. With dizzy eyes, he could see the green Mirror grab a floating candle from the air.

"You Ice dragons don't like fire too much, don't you?" he heard his faded voice.

His opponent leaped at him, candle in his claws. Influenza weakly rolled to the side, avoiding him and causing him to fall onto the floor. Then, with one last heave of his Ice magic, entrapped both of the Mirror's paws in thick ice. The last Mirror had been restrained.

Slowly yet steadily, Influenza stood up and dragged himself over to the counter. That's when the sound came rushing back. He could hear the shocked and terrified murmuring of the costumers in the tavern.

Influenza saw what he had done clearly now. He saw the unconscious Mirror, head lodged in the counter. He saw the fainted Mirror who he had knocked out with a single uppercut. He saw the struggling and fumbling Mirror whose crest was still frozen. And he saw the furious Mirror whose paws were frozen together.

His world fell to ruins around him, Influenza fell onto a stool. His expression underneath the hood was distraught and torn.

He... He did that? Him..? Couldn't... be...

Maybe he really was the monster he saw in the mirror.

nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2
0weZF6S.png returning player!

52Gc1G9.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OKmiJV2.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][nextcol][center][size=7][size=6][b]Common Wear[/b][/size][nextcol][center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][/center][/columns] [center][size=5][b]Armor[/b][/size][/center] [center][b]Burnished Filigree Set Gold Filigree Armor Burnished Gold Set Brightscale Armor Set Butterfly Armor Koi Armor Primal Garb Scout's Garb Deadeye's Garb[/b] [/center] [item=burnished filigree helmet][item=burnished filigree gauntlets][item=burnished filigree banner][item=burnished filigree breastplate][item=burnished filigree boots][item=burnished filigree wing guard][item=burnished filigree tail guard][item=gold filigree helmet][item=gold filigree gauntlets][item=gold filigree banner][item=gold filigree breastplate][item=gold filigree boots][item=gold filigree wing guard][item=gold filigree tail guard][item=burnished gold helmet][item=burnished gold gorget][item=burnished gold pauldrons][item=burnished gold gauntlets][item=burnished gold belt][item=burnished gold boots][item=burnished gold tail cuffs][item=butterfly's helmet][item=butterfly's breastplate][item=butterfly's leg armor][item=butterfly's arm guards][item=butterfly's tail guard][item=butterfly's shoulder pads][item=butterfly's wing fans][item=koi's helmet][item=koi's breastplate][item=koi's leg armor][item=koi's arm guards][item=koi's tail guard][item=koi's shoulder pads][item=koi's wing fans][item=primal leather arm guards] [item=primal banner] [item=primal leather boots] [item=primal claws] [item=primal headdress] [item=primal kilt][item=primal shoulder guard][item=scout's cape][item=scout's gloves][item=scout's hat][item=scout's leggings][item=scout's quiver][item=scout's tail twist][item=scout's treads][item=scout's wing cover][item=deadeye's cape][item=deadeye's Gloves][item=deadeye's hat][item=deadeye's leggings][item=deadeye's quiver][item=deadeye's tail twist][item=deadeye's treads][item=deadeye's wing cover] [center][size=5][b]Jewelry[/b][/size][/center] [center][b]Citrine Flourish Jewelry Gold Jewelry Gold Silks Runebead Necklace [/b] [/center] [item=citrine flourish anklets][item=citrine flourish belt][item=citrine flourish bracelet][item=citrine flourish eye piece][item=citrine flourish necklace][item=citrine flourish tail clasp][item=citrine flourish tail drape][item=citrine flourish wing drape][item=ornate gold bracelet][item=ornate gold necklace][item=simple gold necklace][item=simple gold bracelets][item=simple gold wing cuffs][item=simple gold wing bangles][item=golden silk veil][item=golden silk fillet][item=golden wing silks][item=golden silk scarf][item=golden silk sash][item=golden arm silks][item=golden leg silks][item=golden silk tail bangle][item=runebead necklace] [center][size=5][b]Clothing[/b][/size][/center] [center][b]Gold Aviator Gear Gold Renaissance Wear White Renaissance Wear Gold/White Satin Tunic Ethereal Flame Regalia Gossamer Flame Regalia Mage's Ivory Mage Garb Mage's Golden Mage Garb Buttercup Lace Golden Sage Apparel[/b][/center] [item=gold aviator scarf][item=gold aviator satchel][item=gold aviator helmet][item=gold aviator coat][item=gold aviator gloves][item=gold aviator boots][item=gold renaissance shirt][item=gold breeches][item=white renaissance shirt][item=white breeches][item=gold satin tunic][item=white satin tunic][item=ethereal flame cloak][item=ethereal flame collar][item=ethereal flame headpiece][item=ethereal flame tail jewel][item=ethereal flame tail ribbon][item=ethereal flame wing ribbon][item=solar flame cloak][item=solar flame collar][item=solar flame headpiece][item=solar flame tail jewel][item=solar flame tail ribbon][item=solar flame wing ribbon][item=gossamer flame cloak][item=gossamer flame collar][item=gossamer flame headpiece][item=gossamer flame tail jewel][item=gossamer flame tail ribbon][item=gossamer flame wing ribbon] [item=mage's golden bag][item=mage's golden gloves][item=mage's golden hat][item=mage's golden overcoat][item=mage's golden socks][item=mage's golden tunic][item=mage's ivory bag][item=mage's ivory gloves][item=mage's ivory hat][item=mage's ivory overcoat][item=mage's ivory socks][item=mage's ivory tunic][item=buttercup lace headpiece][item=buttercup lace collar][item=buttercup-edged claw][item=buttercup lace wristlet][item=buttercup lace waist frill][item=buttercup lace tail ornament][item=buttercup lace ribbons][item=golden sage cover][item=golden sage sash][item=golden sage shawl][item=golden sage sleeves][item=golden sage tassel] ----- [center][size=5][b]Traditional Armor[/b][/size][/center] [center][size=2]Any combination of the gold filigree and burnished filigree armor sets.[/size][/center] [outfit=34964][outfit=34978][outfit=34992] -----
OKmiJV2.png
tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg
Common Wear

Armor

Burnished Filigree Set
Gold Filigree Armor
Burnished Gold Set
Brightscale Armor Set
Butterfly Armor
Koi Armor
Primal Garb
Scout's Garb
Deadeye's Garb

Burnished Filigree Helmet Burnished Filigree Gauntlets Burnished Filigree Banner Burnished Filigree Breastplate Burnished Filigree Boots Burnished Filigree Wing Guard Burnished Filigree Tail Guard Gold Filigree Helmet Gold Filigree Gauntlets Gold Filigree Banner Gold Filigree Breastplate Gold Filigree Boots Gold Filigree Wing Guard Gold Filigree Tail Guard Burnished Gold Helmet Burnished Gold Gorget Burnished Gold Pauldrons Burnished Gold Gauntlets Burnished Gold Belt Burnished Gold Boots Burnished Gold Tail Cuffs Butterfly's Helmet Butterfly's Breastplate Butterfly's Leg Armor Butterfly's Arm Guards Butterfly's Tail Guard Butterfly's Shoulder Pads Butterfly's Wing Fans Koi's Helmet Koi's Breastplate Koi's Leg Armor Koi's Arm Guards Koi's Tail Guard Koi's Shoulder Pads Koi's Wing Fans Primal Leather Arm Guards Primal Banner Primal Leather Boots Primal Claws Primal Headdress Primal Kilt Primal Shoulder Guard Scout's Cape Scout's Gloves Scout's Hat Scout's Leggings Scout's Quiver Scout's Tail Twist Scout's Treads Scout's Wing Cover Deadeye's Cape Deadeye's Gloves Deadeye's Hat Deadeye's Leggings Deadeye's Quiver Deadeye's Tail Twist Deadeye's Treads Deadeye's Wing Cover

Jewelry

Citrine Flourish Jewelry
Gold Jewelry
Gold Silks
Runebead Necklace

Citrine Flourish Anklets Citrine Flourish Belt Citrine Flourish Bracelet Citrine Flourish Eye Piece Citrine Flourish Necklace Citrine Flourish Tail Clasp Citrine Flourish Tail Drape Citrine Flourish Wing Drape Ornate Gold Bracelet Ornate Gold Necklace Simple Gold Necklace Simple Gold Bracelets Simple Gold Wing Cuffs Simple Gold Wing Bangles Golden Silk Veil Golden Wing Silks Golden Silk Scarf Golden Silk Sash Golden Arm Silks Golden Leg Silks Runebead Necklace

Clothing

Gold Aviator Gear
Gold Renaissance Wear
White Renaissance Wear
Gold/White Satin Tunic
Ethereal Flame Regalia
Gossamer Flame Regalia
Mage's Ivory Mage Garb
Mage's Golden Mage Garb
Buttercup Lace
Golden Sage Apparel

Gold Aviator Scarf Gold Aviator Satchel Gold Aviator Helmet Gold Aviator Coat Gold Aviator Gloves Gold Aviator Boots Gold Renaissance Shirt Gold Breeches White Renaissance Shirt White Breeches Gold Satin Tunic White Satin Tunic Ethereal Flame Cloak Ethereal Flame Collar Ethereal Flame Headpiece Ethereal Flame Tail Jewel Ethereal Flame Tail Ribbon Ethereal Flame Wing Ribbon Solar Flame Cloak Solar Flame Collar Solar Flame Headpiece Solar Flame Tail Jewel Solar Flame Tail Ribbon Solar Flame Wing Ribbon Gossamer Flame Cloak Gossamer Flame Collar Gossamer Flame Headpiece Gossamer Flame Tail Jewel Gossamer Flame Tail Ribbon Gossamer Flame Wing Ribbon Mage's Golden Bag Mage's Golden Gloves Mage's Golden Hat Mage's Golden Overcoat Mage's Golden Socks Mage's Golden Tunic Mage's Ivory Bag Mage's Ivory Gloves Mage's Ivory Hat Mage's Ivory Overcoat Mage's Ivory Socks Mage's Ivory Tunic Buttercup Lace Headpiece Buttercup Lace Collar Buttercup-Edged Claw Buttercup Lace Wristlet Buttercup Lace Waist Frill Buttercup Lace Tail Ornament Buttercup Lace Ribbons Golden Sage Cover Golden Sage Sash Golden Sage Shawl Golden Sage Sleeves Golden Sage Tassel

Traditional Armor
Any combination of the gold filigree and burnished filigree armor sets.

Not Found
Not Found
Not Found

nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OKmiJV2.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][nextcol][center][size=7][size=6][b]Clan Symbols[/b][/size][nextcol][center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][/center][/columns] [center][item=light runestone][item=glowing pocket bauble][item=Sacridite][item=runebead necklace][item=brilliant psywurm][item=light's breath][/center] [center][b]Flight: [/b]Light [b]Items:[/b] Light Runestone, Glowing Pocket Bauble [b]Gemstone:[/b] Sacridite, Citrine [b]Colors:[/b] Yellow, Orange, White [b]Apparel:[/b] Runebead Necklace [b]Familiar[/b] Brilliant Psywurm [b]Flower:[/b] Light's Breath [/center]
OKmiJV2.png
Clan Symbols

Light Runestone Glowing Pocket Bauble Sacridite Runebead Necklace Brilliant Psywurm Light's Breath

Flight: Light
Items: Light Runestone, Glowing Pocket Bauble
Gemstone: Sacridite, Citrine
Colors: Yellow, Orange, White
Apparel: Runebead Necklace

Familiar Brilliant Psywurm
Flower: Light's Breath
nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OKmiJV2.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][nextcol][center][size=7][size=5][b]Flight Representatives[/b][/size][nextcol][center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][/center][/columns] [center][columns][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - -[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/288599/28859815p.png[/img][br][b][color=#d950ff]Orion[/b][br][color=#d950ff]Arcane[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/258565/25856478p.png[/img][br][b][color=#a44b28]Rhune[/b][br][color=#a44b28]Beastclans[nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/289302/28930179p.png[/img][br][b][color=#7b3c1d]Iolite[/b][br][color=#7b3c1d]Earth[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/313076/31307542p.png[/img][br][b][color=#ff8400]Aelius[/b][br][color=#ff8400]Fire[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/261044/26104361p.png[/img][br][b][color=#dedfff]Icespitter[/b][br][color=#dedfff]Ice[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/293164/29316383p.png[/img][br][b][color=#f9e255]Leora[/b][br][color=#f9e255]Light[/columns][/center] [center][columns][color=transparent]- - - - - - - - - - - - -[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/276643/27664266p.png[/img][br][b][color=#00fff0]Dante[/b][br][color=#00fff0]Lightning[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/332911/33291042p.png[/img][br][b][color=#236925]Gaura[/b][br][color=#236925]Nature[nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/270818/27081736p.png[/img][br][b][color=#cd000e]Roanne[/b][br][color=#cd000e]Plague[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/261837/26183651p.png[/img][br][b][color= #782eb2]Hellcaller[/b][br][color= #782eb2]Shadow[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/226977/22697624p.png[/img][br][b][color=#324ba9]Orca[/b][br][color=#324ba9]Water[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/227408/22740786p.png[/img][br][b][color=#c6e100]Forestfarer[/b][br][color=#c6e100]Wind[/columns][/center] [center][size=6][b]Flight-Related News[/b][/size][/center] [list] [*][color=#f9e255][i]24 of the Month of Rockbreaker's[/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes its first ally - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1759691/1]Vellinym, The City of Illumination[/url]. [*][color=#236925] [i][26 of the Month of Rockbreaker's][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1831673#19419072]The Clarus Clan[/url].[/color] [*][color= #782eb2][i][17 of the Month of Moons][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes a new ally - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2080961/1]The Hidden Haven[/url]. [*][color=#f9e255][i][28 of the Month of Trickmurk][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1754498]The Sunship[/url]. [*][color=#c6e100][i][27 of the Month of Mistral][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=291192]Clan Volkun[/url]. [*][color=#a44b28][i][16 of the Month of Wavecrest][/i] The Lavaburst Clan is now a trading partner to a dunhoof clan. However, this clan likes to stay low as they are an enemy to many centaurs. [*][color=#f9e255][i][23 of the Month of Greenskeeper][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2000673/1]Melohn[/url]. [*][color=#d950ff][i][6 of the Month of Flameforger's][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2248376]DreamShard Clan[/url]. [*][color=#d950ff][i][7 of the Month of Flameforger's][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2131623]Celestial Starweavers[/url]. [*][color=#cd000e][i][30 of Flameforger's][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=291192]Clan of the Chasm[/url]. [*][color=#00fff0][i][22 of Rockbreaker's][/i] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2254667]Suncircle Clan[/url]. [list][center][size=6][b]Extra Information[/b][/size][/size] [*] The flight representatives are also referred to as flight delegates or envoys. [*] When a dragon from an ally clan appears, it is the job of the flight representative of the clan's flight that becomes their guide and whatnot. [*] [url=https://treepelt-fr.tumblr.com/post/165907721892/hey-guys-just-so-you-know-ive-got-a-pinterest]Flight Aesthetic!![/url] [/list][/center][/center]
OKmiJV2.png
Flight Representatives

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 28859815p.png
Orion
Arcane
25856478p.png
Rhune
Beastclans
28930179p.png
Iolite
Earth
31307542p.png
Aelius
Fire
26104361p.png
Icespitter
Ice
29316383p.png
Leora
Light

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 27664266p.png
Dante
Lightning
33291042p.png
Gaura
Nature
27081736p.png
Roanne
Plague
26183651p.png
Hellcaller
Shadow
22697624p.png
Orca
Water
22740786p.png
Forestfarer
Wind

Flight-Related News

• 24 of the Month of Rockbreaker's The Lavaburst Clan makes its first ally - Vellinym, The City of Illumination.
  • [26 of the Month of Rockbreaker's] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - The Clarus Clan.
  • [17 of the Month of Moons] The Lavaburst Clan makes a new ally - The Hidden Haven.
  • [28 of the Month of Trickmurk] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - The Sunship.
  • [27 of the Month of Mistral] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - Clan Volkun.
  • [16 of the Month of Wavecrest] The Lavaburst Clan is now a trading partner to a dunhoof clan. However, this clan likes to stay low as they are an enemy to many centaurs.
  • [23 of the Month of Greenskeeper] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the Melohn.
  • [6 of the Month of Flameforger's] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the DreamShard Clan.
  • [7 of the Month of Flameforger's] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the Celestial Starweavers.
  • [30 of Flameforger's] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the Clan of the Chasm.
  • [22 of Rockbreaker's] The Lavaburst Clan makes an ally - the Suncircle Clan.

Extra Information

• The flight representatives are also referred to as flight delegates or envoys.
  • When a dragon from an ally clan appears, it is the job of the flight representative of the clan's flight that becomes their guide and whatnot.
  • Flight Aesthetic!!
nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OKmiJV2.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][nextcol][center][size=7][size=7][size=4][b]Trivia[/b][/size][nextcol][center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][/center][/columns] [list] [*]While the Lavaburst Clan is referred to as a clan, it's more or less a group of dragons that come and settle down for varying reasons. It's more or less just an ordinary city or society. [*]Lavaburst-born Coatls can easily speak and interpret traditional draconic. Faes are shown to be more expressive due to being raised surrounded by considerably expressive dragons, but will usually still have a voice with little inflection. [*]First generation dragons are regarded with much respect in the clan. They are believed to be created by their deities themselves. Additionally, they are thought to have really powerful elemental abilities or at least very tied to their flights. The clan's first generations currently consist of 2 Fires, 1 Ice, 1 Earth, 1 Lightning, and 1 Water. These are Zhyrine, Askook, Iolite, Vanora, Hiranya, and Vindicta. [*]The Lavaburst Clan loves their elemental holidays. During these times, they avoid battling as it is a time for celebration. Many take pilgrimages to their origin of birth. [*]In battle, the participating Lavaburst dragons typically dawn a set of specific armor. Exceptions include high-ranking dragons. It is any combination of the burnished and gold filigree sets of armor. Examples [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/34964]here[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/34978]here[/url] and [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/34992]here[/url]. [*]Some Lavaburst dragons are known for aiming for the jaw (hitting upward swiftly to cause brain damage), neck, and wings. [*]Every dragon aligned with the water flight wears a deepsea bulb upon their head in oceanic expeditions. [*]The clan's members frequent the trading post in the Hewn City. [*] Some dragons have separate Lavaburst aliases. Examples include Hellcaller, Foestalker, Influenza, Peregrine, Valerie, Morbid, and Icespitter. The names they are known for and go by are not their real ones. [*]Every dragon receives a salary depending on their job monthly. Additionally, they have to pay rent for their houses. The salary is always enough to cover their expenses and more (unless they blow it all). [*] It is common for most able familiars to participate in battle. For example, a chimera will probably participate, while a hedgehog will not. Such decisions are up to the familiar and its dragon companion. [*] Familiars whose origins trace from the Beastclans typically have a shining feather cluster of blue feathers attached to their weaponry. [*] Some Lavaburst dragons have bounties on their heads from other clans and dragons. Ironically, this includes the two bounty hunters themselves. [b]Vitra[/b] - 20kt (YIKES) [b]Leora[/b] - 10kt [b]Hellcaller[/b] - 8kt [b]Orca[/b] - 7kt [b]Icespitter[/b] - 5kt [s][b]Landslide[/b] - 5kt[/s] [*]The[url=http://headcanonrising.tumblr.com/post/149115788010/dragon-months] months [/url]go as follows - [b] January[/b] - Month of the Gala [b] February[/b] - Month of Trickmurk [b] March[/b] - Month of Mistral [b] April [/b]- Month of Wavecrest [b] May [/b]- Month of Greenskeeper [b] June [/b]- Month of Brightshine [b] July [/b]- Month of Thundercrack [b] August [/b]- Month of Flameforger’s [b] September[/b] - Month of Starfall [b] October[/b] - Month of Riot [b] November [/b]- Month of Rockbreaker’s [b] December[/b] - Month of Moons [*] Apparel in the Lavaburst Clan is viewed how people view jewelry. You don't have to wear it, but it makes you look cooler! [*] Fancy apparel in the Lavaburst Clan looks like this. [url=http://68.media.tumblr.com/6fb5b31c4e68a34c50071067baf7a712/tumblr_ort6zrSlTU1ushjquo1_1280.jpg]1[/url] [url=http://68.media.tumblr.com/cbdd07e4b202f6d0afcb212d74f29a46/tumblr_ort6zrSlTU1ushjquo2_1280.jpg]2[/url] [url=http://68.media.tumblr.com/5d40ee39180423d5c55f079a1af43580/tumblr_ort6zrSlTU1ushjquo3_1280.jpg]3[/url] [*] Dümelleevi is viewed to be a "city of peace" because of its diversity in flights, dragon breeds, and familiars. They don't seem to lean towards a flight besides having a Light Flight church. However, they do not fight on behalf on the Light Flight. [*] The residences of dragons who had first came from ally clans tend to be noticeably better than others. - [center][b]Food[/b][/center] [*] Dragons are sent to hunt by the strategists daily. Any dragon can be sent and as their strategist they can send anyone. [*] Many dragons in the clan feed upon meat and seafood. It isn't uncommon for those that feed on meat to consume birds and poultry or reptiles, the most common meat being common sparrows and oasis songbirds. Skunks are also in abundance, but most rather not eat them. Larger dragons eat deer and swan and the occasional pronghorn or stomper. Warriors tend to hunt in the forests adjacent to the Sundial Terrace and Mirrorlight Promenade. Poultry is bred by the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=260757&did=28780663]chef[/url]. [*]The most common seafood consist of leopard needletooth and any jellyfish and shrimp. Bigger dragons tend to eat octopi and isopods. Any fish must be gathered in the river running through the Hewn City and its estuary. The Coliseum Company may bring back fish after a trip to a coliseum location. [*]Insect catching is very difficult for most dragons. Only adept fliers can catch them successfully. The most common are worms and crickets. Bigger dragons usually avoid insects as they are too small to fill their bellies. [*]Greenery and plants are in abundance. The [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=22740786]herbalist[/url] also grows a good amount of greens for the ever-growing clan. Canyon ruffage, wild mustard and daffodil are common. - [center][b]Seasons[/b][/center] [*] Winter is an intriguing occurrence in Lavaburst City. Most dragons stay inside at any given opportunity, with the exception of Tundras and a few other cold-loving dragons. The river will partially freeze over and thus make fishing harder. While it will snow, snowstorms are rather rare. Due to the weather, the herbalist has to be careful about her plants. Most dragons will go about in winter wear. [*] Autumn brings tranquility and quiet to the city. Many dragons will visit the tavern and the restaurant for warm drinks and tea. During this time, the dragons of the Lavaburst Clan will stock up on food and firewood. The chef will dry meat and herbs for later use. [*] Spring is a busy time, but starts off rather slow. Food will usually be nearly depleted and more dragons than usual will be sent out to hunt during this time. Plants beginning to grow and animals coming out of hibernation making hunting easy. [*] Summer brings more greens and animals. This isn't necessarily a good thing, as this is when threats via animals are most common. Most dragons will spend warm nights with each other. -
OKmiJV2.png
Trivia

• While the Lavaburst Clan is referred to as a clan, it's more or less a group of dragons that come and settle down for varying reasons. It's more or less just an ordinary city or society.

• Lavaburst-born Coatls can easily speak and interpret traditional draconic. Faes are shown to be more expressive due to being raised surrounded by considerably expressive dragons, but will usually still have a voice with little inflection.

• First generation dragons are regarded with much respect in the clan. They are believed to be created by their deities themselves. Additionally, they are thought to have really powerful elemental abilities or at least very tied to their flights. The clan's first generations currently consist of 2 Fires, 1 Ice, 1 Earth, 1 Lightning, and 1 Water. These are Zhyrine, Askook, Iolite, Vanora, Hiranya, and Vindicta.

• The Lavaburst Clan loves their elemental holidays. During these times, they avoid battling as it is a time for celebration. Many take pilgrimages to their origin of birth.

• In battle, the participating Lavaburst dragons typically dawn a set of specific armor. Exceptions include high-ranking dragons. It is any combination of the burnished and gold filigree sets of armor. Examples here, here and here.

• Some Lavaburst dragons are known for aiming for the jaw (hitting upward swiftly to cause brain damage), neck, and wings.

• Every dragon aligned with the water flight wears a deepsea bulb upon their head in oceanic expeditions.

• The clan's members frequent the trading post in the Hewn City.

• Some dragons have separate Lavaburst aliases. Examples include Hellcaller, Foestalker, Influenza, Peregrine, Valerie, Morbid, and Icespitter. The names they are known for and go by are not their real ones.

• Every dragon receives a salary depending on their job monthly. Additionally, they have to pay rent for their houses. The salary is always enough to cover their expenses and more (unless they blow it all).
  • It is common for most able familiars to participate in battle. For example, a chimera will probably participate, while a hedgehog will not. Such decisions are up to the familiar and its dragon companion.

• Familiars whose origins trace from the Beastclans typically have a shining feather cluster of blue feathers attached to their weaponry.

• Some Lavaburst dragons have bounties on their heads from other clans and dragons. Ironically, this includes the two bounty hunters themselves.

Vitra - 20kt (YIKES)
    Leora - 10kt
    Hellcaller - 8kt
    Orca - 7kt
    Icespitter - 5kt
    Landslide - 5kt

• The months go as follows -

January - Month of the Gala
    February - Month of Trickmurk
    March - Month of Mistral
    April - Month of Wavecrest
    May - Month of Greenskeeper
    June - Month of Brightshine
    July - Month of Thundercrack
    August - Month of Flameforger’s
    September - Month of Starfall
    October - Month of Riot
    November - Month of Rockbreaker’s
    December - Month of Moons

• Apparel in the Lavaburst Clan is viewed how people view jewelry. You don't have to wear it, but it makes you look cooler!

• Fancy apparel in the Lavaburst Clan looks like this. 1 2 3

• Dümelleevi is viewed to be a "city of peace" because of its diversity in flights, dragon breeds, and familiars. They don't seem to lean towards a flight besides having a Light Flight church. However, they do not fight on behalf on the Light Flight.

• The residences of dragons who had first came from ally clans tend to be noticeably better than others.

-

Food

• Dragons are sent to hunt by the strategists daily. Any dragon can be sent and as their strategist they can send anyone.

• Many dragons in the clan feed upon meat and seafood. It isn't uncommon for those that feed on meat to consume birds and poultry or reptiles, the most common meat being common sparrows and oasis songbirds. Skunks are also in abundance, but most rather not eat them. Larger dragons eat deer and swan and the occasional pronghorn or stomper. Warriors tend to hunt in the forests adjacent to the Sundial Terrace and Mirrorlight Promenade. Poultry is bred by the chef.

• The most common seafood consist of leopard needletooth and any jellyfish and shrimp. Bigger dragons tend to eat octopi and isopods. Any fish must be gathered in the river running through the Hewn City and its estuary. The Coliseum Company may bring back fish after a trip to a coliseum location.

• Insect catching is very difficult for most dragons. Only adept fliers can catch them successfully. The most common are worms and crickets. Bigger dragons usually avoid insects as they are too small to fill their bellies.

• Greenery and plants are in abundance. The herbalist also grows a good amount of greens for the ever-growing clan. Canyon ruffage, wild mustard and daffodil are common.

-

Seasons

• Winter is an intriguing occurrence in Lavaburst City. Most dragons stay inside at any given opportunity, with the exception of Tundras and a few other cold-loving dragons. The river will partially freeze over and thus make fishing harder. While it will snow, snowstorms are rather rare. Due to the weather, the herbalist has to be careful about her plants. Most dragons will go about in winter wear.

• Autumn brings tranquility and quiet to the city. Many dragons will visit the tavern and the restaurant for warm drinks and tea. During this time, the dragons of the Lavaburst Clan will stock up on food and firewood. The chef will dry meat and herbs for later use.

• Spring is a busy time, but starts off rather slow. Food will usually be nearly depleted and more dragons than usual will be sent out to hunt during this time. Plants beginning to grow and animals coming out of hibernation making hunting easy.

• Summer brings more greens and animals. This isn't necessarily a good thing, as this is when threats via animals are most common. Most dragons will spend warm nights with each other.

-
nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OKmiJV2.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][nextcol][center][size=7][size=6][b]Dragon Interactions[/b][/size][nextcol][center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][/center][/columns] [center][size=2][i]Short stories, usually between two dragons over one topic.[/i][/size][/center] [center][item=potash peach][item=crystal ball][/center] [quote= #1 - Change of Flight] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/227408/22740786.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/312310/31230968.png[/img][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=22740786] [b]Forestfarer[/b][/url], the herbalist, and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=31230968][b]Anansi[/b][/url], the seer. Forestfarer's a herbalist, it was her life's calling Lately, her work has been hard and she wonders how easy it would be if she was a Nature dragon rather than a Wind dragon. She takes up her problems with her friend, the seer, Anansi.[/center] [/quote] Forestfarer sat on the hay-covered ground of the hut that was the her friend Anansi's workplace. He was the seer, but to some he was also like a therapist too, using his powers to comfort the ailing. He was more than that to Forestfarer though, he was her friend. As Anansi's friend, Forestfarer felt like she could trust him with giving her guidance on one of her most agonizing problems. "So... How have you been?" Anansi asked the Nocturne from a chair behind his signature crystal ball. "This is the longest I've seen you away from your garden." Anansi took a quick glance at his crystal ball. The sphere bared an odd array of clouds and colors as it always did. Such an odd object was part of the work of a seer such as he. He wasn't a Water dragon, so he couldn't see the future the way some of them could. For Shadow dragons such as himself, his calling in life was fun and games, but the problems of his friend was no game. "Is it... Is it possible for a dragon to change their Flight allegiance?" Forestfarer forced out the words quickly, as though she was embarrassed to say them. "Whaaat? You're lucky the Windsinger didn't hear you say that!" Anansi gasped in disbelief. "Okay, okay! Hear me out," Forestfarer huffed, making a "settle down" motion with her claws. "It's just that... well, lately I've been at, like, an all time low with my garden. A lot of my plants have been... dying. I figured out why and I'm... I'm rebuilding the, er, broken parts." She paused, scratching the back of her head nervously. "It's... well, It's things like this that make me question a lot of things. Can I really be a good herbalist if I can't even take care of my plants correctly? It got me thinking how easy it could be if I was a Nature dragon. I bet I could make such a.. such a better garden than my measly, currently partly-dead one." Forestfarer groaned, burying her snout into her paws. "...You're a good herbalist, Forestfarer," Anansi told her. "I think you fetch around 10% of the clan's earnings." Forestfarer looked thoughtful. "No-! Wait, actually... I think you might be right? You know how much potash peaches sell for?" "Seeee?" Anansi grinned. "And I'm not even done. You don't have to be a Nature dragon to be a good herbalist. Look at you now, I think that's proof enough. Don't you grow around 32 different kinds of plants? If you want more examples, I'll give you more examples!" He took note of Forestfarer's face, still sad. "I am a seer, but this job mostly belongs to Water dragons who can see the future. However, you gotta admit. I am [i]good[/i] at my job. Ferron's a Shadow dragon who works as a blacksmith, a job that Fire dragons mostly take, but he's good at his job. Y'know he makes all the armor we go into battle with, right?" Anansi continued. "I wanna see you flourish. I wanna see you rise up from your self hate and become a herbalist with good skills. I think you could grow plants the size of Imperials." Forestfarer chuckled. "Anansi, those are called trees." "Oh, haha... But you got my point, right?" He flashed a smile at her. Forestfarer got up and made her way to the door. "Thank you so much, Anansi! You really made my day. I gotta go back to take care of my plants though. Maybe one day I will grow Imperial-sized plants!" She left, laughing, leaving Anansi with a grin on his face. ----- [center][item=canopic jar][item=fire flower][/center] [quote= #2 - Fiery Claws and Unforgiving Hearts] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/290380/29037942.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/295111/29511045.png[/img][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=29037942] [b]Belladonna[/b][/url], the priestess, and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=29511045][b]Lucerne[/b][/url], a spy. Belladonna advises Lucerne about the Flaming Empire and its members, given the fact that she's currently spying on that clan.[/center][/quote] Lucerne opened the doors of the Cathedral of the Sacred Light. It was extremely bright, probably to appease the Lightweaver. Squinting, she could make out the form of Belladonna at the far end of the church, the dark Coatl praying silently at the base of a statue of the Lightweaver. She had to talk to her, she wanted to return to the Flaming Empire knowing more about them so that she could be a better spy for the Lavaburst Clan. Maybe even become a famous spy. Lucerne slowly made her way over to the Coatl priestess, her footsteps echoing in the empty cathedral. Belladonna stood up to face the tall Guardian. The blinding light of the cathedral reflected off her crystal-like plumage, making her dazzle like some pretty jewel, yet Lucerne felt like there something more beneath those dark scales. Something scarier. "Hello, Lucerne," she said, smiling. "I've heard so much about you... Tell me, do you pray to the deities?" Lucerne frowned. What a strange way to start a conversation. She'd only ever come here when she was younger, when her grandfather Lilac took her. She remembered always feeling confused when she was here. "Why? What have they done but bring on the Shade?" Belladonna didn't blink. "I understand, but some dragons find comfort in praying to the deities. They believe it brings them fortune and good health. The Flaming Empire, for example, "exalts" their dragons by making them jump into the volcano. I take it that you are here to discuss them, spy?" Lucerne nodded. How did she know that? So Belladonna prompted. "What questions do you have for me?" "Hmm... What do you know about the dragon Victoria?" Lucerne asked, and upon noticing Belladonna's widened eyes, added. "I tricked her into teaching me telekinesis." Belladonna suppressed a hiss. "Victoria. Be careful around her. She always treated me- er, the dark plumages with scorn. You say you tricked her, but who is to say she did not trick you?" Lucerne suddenly felt panicked, but calmed herself quickly. Religious dragons are paranoid dragons, she told herself. "Understood, thank you. What about the "Call to the Tortured"?' Belladonna's crest twitched, an obvious sign of discomfort. "I am afraid I know nothing other than the fact that the Firestorm Torturer is a Coatl. I am sorry, but there are many, many torturers in the Flaming Empire." She paused, rubbing her wrists with a look of distance upon her face looking up at Lucerne. She lowered herself onto a more typical position on all fours."Kindly leave, I must pray." She turned back towards the statue of the Light deity and dipped her head. Lucerne looked taken aback. That was considerably rude, but more so abrupt. How strange. She went over what the priestess had said in her mind. [i]Many torturers, Victoria is abusive, the Firestorm Torturer is a Coatl.[/i] Hm, maybe that's all she needed to know. -----
OKmiJV2.png
Dragon Interactions

Short stories, usually between two dragons over one topic.

Potash Peach Crystal Ball
#1 - Change of Flight wrote:
22740786.png31230968.png
Forestfarer
, the herbalist, and Anansi, the seer.

Forestfarer's a herbalist, it was her life's calling Lately, her work has been hard and she wonders how easy it would be if she was a Nature dragon rather than a Wind dragon. She takes up her problems with her friend, the seer, Anansi.

Forestfarer sat on the hay-covered ground of the hut that was the her friend Anansi's workplace. He was the seer, but to some he was also like a therapist too, using his powers to comfort the ailing. He was more than that to Forestfarer though, he was her friend. As Anansi's friend, Forestfarer felt like she could trust him with giving her guidance on one of her most agonizing problems.

"So... How have you been?" Anansi asked the Nocturne from a chair behind his signature crystal ball. "This is the longest I've seen you away from your garden."

Anansi took a quick glance at his crystal ball. The sphere bared an odd array of clouds and colors as it always did. Such an odd object was part of the work of a seer such as he. He wasn't a Water dragon, so he couldn't see the future the way some of them could. For Shadow dragons such as himself, his calling in life was fun and games, but the problems of his friend was no game.

"Is it... Is it possible for a dragon to change their Flight allegiance?" Forestfarer forced out the words quickly, as though she was embarrassed to say them.

"Whaaat? You're lucky the Windsinger didn't hear you say that!" Anansi gasped in disbelief.

"Okay, okay! Hear me out," Forestfarer huffed, making a "settle down" motion with her claws. "It's just that... well, lately I've been at, like, an all time low with my garden. A lot of my plants have been... dying. I figured out why and I'm... I'm rebuilding the, er, broken parts."

She paused, scratching the back of her head nervously. "It's... well, It's things like this that make me question a lot of things. Can I really be a good herbalist if I can't even take care of my plants correctly? It got me thinking how easy it could be if I was a Nature dragon. I bet I could make such a.. such a better garden than my measly, currently partly-dead one." Forestfarer groaned, burying her snout into her paws.

"...You're a good herbalist, Forestfarer," Anansi told her. "I think you fetch around 10% of the clan's earnings."

Forestfarer looked thoughtful. "No-! Wait, actually... I think you might be right? You know how much potash peaches sell for?"

"Seeee?" Anansi grinned. "And I'm not even done. You don't have to be a Nature dragon to be a good herbalist. Look at you now, I think that's proof enough. Don't you grow around 32 different kinds of plants? If you want more examples, I'll give you more examples!" He took note of Forestfarer's face, still sad. "I am a seer, but this job mostly belongs to Water dragons who can see the future. However, you gotta admit. I am good at my job. Ferron's a Shadow dragon who works as a blacksmith, a job that Fire dragons mostly take, but he's good at his job. Y'know he makes all the armor we go into battle with, right?"

Anansi continued. "I wanna see you flourish. I wanna see you rise up from your self hate and become a herbalist with good skills. I think you could grow plants the size of Imperials."

Forestfarer chuckled. "Anansi, those are called trees."

"Oh, haha... But you got my point, right?" He flashed a smile at her. Forestfarer got up and made her way to the door.

"Thank you so much, Anansi! You really made my day. I gotta go back to take care of my plants though. Maybe one day I will grow Imperial-sized plants!" She left, laughing, leaving Anansi with a grin on his face.

Canopic Jar Fire Flower
#2 - Fiery Claws and Unforgiving Hearts wrote:
29037942.png29511045.png
Belladonna
, the priestess, and Lucerne, a spy.

Belladonna advises Lucerne about the Flaming Empire and its members, given the fact that she's currently spying on that clan.

Lucerne opened the doors of the Cathedral of the Sacred Light. It was extremely bright, probably to appease the Lightweaver. Squinting, she could make out the form of Belladonna at the far end of the church, the dark Coatl praying silently at the base of a statue of the Lightweaver. She had to talk to her, she wanted to return to the Flaming Empire knowing more about them so that she could be a better spy for the Lavaburst Clan. Maybe even become a famous spy. Lucerne slowly made her way over to the Coatl priestess, her footsteps echoing in the empty cathedral.

Belladonna stood up to face the tall Guardian. The blinding light of the cathedral reflected off her crystal-like plumage, making her dazzle like some pretty jewel, yet Lucerne felt like there something more beneath those dark scales. Something scarier. "Hello, Lucerne," she said, smiling. "I've heard so much about you... Tell me, do you pray to the deities?"

Lucerne frowned. What a strange way to start a conversation. She'd only ever come here when she was younger, when her grandfather Lilac took her. She remembered always feeling confused when she was here. "Why? What have they done but bring on the Shade?"

Belladonna didn't blink. "I understand, but some dragons find comfort in praying to the deities. They believe it brings them fortune and good health. The Flaming Empire, for example, "exalts" their dragons by making them jump into the volcano. I take it that you are here to discuss them, spy?"

Lucerne nodded. How did she know that? So Belladonna prompted. "What questions do you have for me?"

"Hmm... What do you know about the dragon Victoria?" Lucerne asked, and upon noticing Belladonna's widened eyes, added. "I tricked her into teaching me telekinesis."

Belladonna suppressed a hiss. "Victoria. Be careful around her. She always treated me- er, the dark plumages with scorn. You say you tricked her, but who is to say she did not trick you?"

Lucerne suddenly felt panicked, but calmed herself quickly. Religious dragons are paranoid dragons, she told herself. "Understood, thank you. What about the "Call to the Tortured"?'

Belladonna's crest twitched, an obvious sign of discomfort. "I am afraid I know nothing other than the fact that the Firestorm Torturer is a Coatl. I am sorry, but there are many, many torturers in the Flaming Empire." She paused, rubbing her wrists with a look of distance upon her face looking up at Lucerne. She lowered herself onto a more typical position on all fours."Kindly leave, I must pray." She turned back towards the statue of the Light deity and dipped her head.

Lucerne looked taken aback. That was considerably rude, but more so abrupt. How strange. She went over what the priestess had said in her mind. Many torturers, Victoria is abusive, the Firestorm Torturer is a Coatl. Hm, maybe that's all she needed to know.

nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
[center][size=7][b]Newcomer[/b][/size][/center] [i](recently fixed to change Iolite's pronouns. he is now a trans male 8/20/17) (recently fixed to change the Board to the Court 1/1/2019)[/i] [quote=Introduction] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30670070] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=99&bodygene=5&breed=12&element=10&gender=1&tert=135&tertgene=5&winggene=6&wings=30&auth=708182b1f3584bfb541861d5afec51fabacd4394&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][b]Rowena[/b], currently, is what she calls a runemaster. She creates runes that can enchant and enhance and kill. What she does with these runes is up to those who surround her. The possibilities are endless. [/quote] Rowena was a lucky, lucky Coatl. Today she found herself an audience with the Court of the Lavaburst Clan. She wanted to join and to spread her knowledge of runes. You see, she was what she called a runemaster. She could carve runes that could do almost anything from enhance to kill. This was ancient magic that not much dragons today knew, but she wanted to change that. But first... she had to be accepted into the Lavaburst Clan by impressing the Court. Rowena was gestured into one of the Lavaburst Castle's chambers by a white Imperial guard. There, she was met by the Court of 14 dragons. All except the three dragons of royalty sat around a rectangular table, while the matriarch, clan second and their adoptive daughter sat elevated above all of them. Nervous, she bowed. The matriarch, a Fae named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=26209721]Zhyrine[/url], greeted her kindly. "Welcome, Rowena. We understand you would like to join the clan, please start by telling us your place of origin." Rowena's head snapped up and she nodded. She took a deep breath before continuing, careful to not show any signs of fear or nervousness. "I came from the Origin. They reside in the Gladeveins. They are practitioners of ancient and forgotten magic as our ancestors were the first children of the deities. I, for one, make runes," she explained. "Runes?" A [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=27081736]red and white Coatl[/url] asked. Rowena knew this one and bit and was intrigued by her alchemy prowess. Her name was Roanne. "I've never heard of them, what do they do?" "Anything from enhancing to, well, hurting others. You just need to combine them. I prefer the more positive, helpful uses, though," Rowena spelled out. "Hurting others, you say? My, that would useful in my line of work!" A [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=27664266]Spiral of multiple blue hues[/url] observed jovially. Rowena believed that he was the assassin captain and the Lightning representative from that crown atop his head. "In mine too," A [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=27884811]brown Skydancer[/url] purred. She was Maeve, the spymaster. "We could use someone with such abilities." Rowena was glad they seemed to like her so far until a voice spoke. "We shouldn't be so quick to accept her. I would like to see her runes in action," A [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=27724347]Mirror of a mix of black, grays and white[/url] spoke up. This was likely Kaiden, the guard strategist. He sounded young, and Rowena had to stop herself from scoffing. Who let a hatchling into the Court? She found it to be a bit weird that he looked like the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=260757&did=26904829]scoutmaster[/url]. "As you wish," Rowena said, carefully taking several runes from the thicket bag around her side. "Plague, for strength and survival, Metal, for sturdiness and protection, and Venom, for bane and death." She placed the runes around her in a triangle formation and took her staff and slammed its base onto the ground. The runes glowed a fierce silver light and seconds later her claws did the same. She held her claws up to the Court, who gasped. Her claws were shiny steel, each tipped with a sharp, sharp point. One of them, a calculating-looking [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=26183651]Mirror of black, grays, and purples[/url], known as Hellcaller whistled. "Look at that... Magic like that could greatly assist our guards and warriors, wouldn't you say?" She sneered at the Mirror who had previously spoke. He wasn't ready to back down though. "How long does that last?" The guard strategist hissed, "Surely you wouldn't want metal claws for the rest of your life." "That's enough, Kaiden," One of the royalty spoke up, a Tundra red and black. Askook, the clan second. "No, no, it's alright!" Rowena piped up, "It lasts twenty minutes, I've used this rune combination before." She decided not to tell them the setback about the claws being a tad heavy. Kaiden muttered something before settling back into his seat. The scoutmaster eyed him warily. A [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=28336503]Nocturne, his body mostly obscured by dark green apparel,[/url] decided to speak. Rowena had no clue who he was. "Alright, so, why do you want to join the Lavaburst Clan?" he asked. "Well that's simple!" Rowena grinned as she put her runes away, "The magic of runes is an ancient, old and forgotten magic. I want to teach dragons how to carve them so that they will be powerful and that runes will never truly be forgotten." "Sounds good to me." The scoutmaster said when he had said nothing previously. What an odd Skydancer. "Wouldn't you all agree?" "Just one more question," [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=27849802]Mastema[/url], the adoptive daughter of the clan second and matriarch spoke for the first time. "Do you know anyone in the clan?" "Yes. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=28710859]Daffodil[/url]." Rowena spoke. She didn't really know her well, but she was the first dragon she had met in the clan. From what she did know about Daffodil is that she was rather polite and happy all the time, yet always seemed to be hiding something. "Daffodil, huh?" Mastema said a bit quietly, her voice close to a growl. "She has a bit of... bad blood with some of the Court." "Yes, best not to stick around her," Maeve hissed from her seat. "Did you know that she killed most of the royals from her previous clan?" "Now, let's be fair. Daffodil is a hard worker," Zhyrine interrupted. "She's a hard-worker. Besides, it was the Dark of the Hewn she attacked. They're an enemy of ours, mind you." "Back on topic. Let's conclude this," Askook piped up. "All in favor of Rowena joining, unfurl a wing." Rowena was surprised to see majority unfurl their wings. The dragons that had not were Ryker, the dungeon warden, Kaiden, and Mastema. "Ryker, Kaiden, Mastema?" Zhyrine asked the three. Rowena huffed. It was only three out of fourteen... "Simply by association," Mastema shrugged, "Some tend to be like the dragons they are around." Rowena was nothing like Daffodil. She wasn't a murderer and Daffodil being one wasn't going to stop her from talking to her. In fact, this whole thing had made her more curious about her. "I don't think that's a viable reason to bar Rowena from joining the clan. She sounds like a good dragon, and if she isn't..." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=260757&did=25856478]Rhune[/url], a peacekeeper, paused before continuing. "Well, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?" "I suppose..." Mastema trailed off warily. "Runes sound deadly. They can probably do more harm than they can good," Ryker said, his hollow, white eyes betraying no words, "Put that magic in the wrong hands and you've got yourself an armageddon and the fall of the Lavaburst Clan. We can't [i]wait[/i] for this to happen." "Well, Rowena would have to come to someone before she would take any apprentices. You know, like we always do..." Maeve retorted. "And Kaiden?" Zhyrine asked him, as he had not unfurled a wing. "What do you have to say?" "Nothing much, just don't like that magic..." he hissed. "She could probably kill all of us..." "Hey, hey, woah there!" Rowena snapped. "I can't do that, even if I did, why would I? What would I gain from a massacre?" "Fair enough," Zhyrine nodded. There was a pause before she continued. "Rowena, welcome to the Lavaburst Clan!" There was a bout of applause and Rowena decided it would be best she bowed. "Thank you! I won't let you down!" Zhyrine fluttered down until she was hovering before her face. "We hope that you will be satisfied with your new life. Iolite-" she pointed at the Guardian that was the architect and Earth representative-"will guide you to your new residence. Take care." Iolite shifted over to the door and opened it. He walked outside at a slow pace, using his tail to beckon for Rowena to follow, which she did, but was stopped by Zhyrine's call for her. "Oh, and Rowena?" The matriarch called. "Yes?" She responded, suddenly feeling anxious. "Be careful."
Newcomer

(recently fixed to change Iolite's pronouns. he is now a trans male 8/20/17)
(recently fixed to change the Board to the Court 1/1/2019)

Introduction wrote:

dragon?age=1&body=99&bodygene=5&breed=12&element=10&gender=1&tert=135&tertgene=5&winggene=6&wings=30&auth=708182b1f3584bfb541861d5afec51fabacd4394&dummyext=prev.png
Rowena, currently, is what she calls a runemaster. She creates runes that can enchant and enhance and kill. What she does with these runes is up to those who surround her. The possibilities are endless.

Rowena was a lucky, lucky Coatl. Today she found herself an audience with the Court of the Lavaburst Clan. She wanted to join and to spread her knowledge of runes. You see, she was what she called a runemaster. She could carve runes that could do almost anything from enhance to kill. This was ancient magic that not much dragons today knew, but she wanted to change that. But first... she had to be accepted into the Lavaburst Clan by impressing the Court.

Rowena was gestured into one of the Lavaburst Castle's chambers by a white Imperial guard. There, she was met by the Court of 14 dragons. All except the three dragons of royalty sat around a rectangular table, while the matriarch, clan second and their adoptive daughter sat elevated above all of them.

Nervous, she bowed. The matriarch, a Fae named Zhyrine, greeted her kindly. "Welcome, Rowena. We understand you would like to join the clan, please start by telling us your place of origin."

Rowena's head snapped up and she nodded. She took a deep breath before continuing, careful to not show any signs of fear or nervousness. "I came from the Origin. They reside in the Gladeveins. They are practitioners of ancient and forgotten magic as our ancestors were the first children of the deities. I, for one, make runes," she explained.

"Runes?" A red and white Coatl asked. Rowena knew this one and bit and was intrigued by her alchemy prowess. Her name was Roanne. "I've never heard of them, what do they do?"

"Anything from enhancing to, well, hurting others. You just need to combine them. I prefer the more positive, helpful uses, though," Rowena spelled out.

"Hurting others, you say? My, that would useful in my line of work!" A Spiral of multiple blue hues observed jovially. Rowena believed that he was the assassin captain and the Lightning representative from that crown atop his head.

"In mine too," A brown Skydancer purred. She was Maeve, the spymaster. "We could use someone with such abilities." Rowena was glad they seemed to like her so far until a voice spoke.

"We shouldn't be so quick to accept her. I would like to see her runes in action," A Mirror of a mix of black, grays and white spoke up. This was likely Kaiden, the guard strategist. He sounded young, and Rowena had to stop herself from scoffing. Who let a hatchling into the Court? She found it to be a bit weird that he looked like the scoutmaster.

"As you wish," Rowena said, carefully taking several runes from the thicket bag around her side. "Plague, for strength and survival, Metal, for sturdiness and protection, and Venom, for bane and death." She placed the runes around her in a triangle formation and took her staff and slammed its base onto the ground. The runes glowed a fierce silver light and seconds later her claws did the same.

She held her claws up to the Court, who gasped. Her claws were shiny steel, each tipped with a sharp, sharp point.

One of them, a calculating-looking Mirror of black, grays, and purples, known as Hellcaller whistled. "Look at that... Magic like that could greatly assist our guards and warriors, wouldn't you say?" She sneered at the Mirror who had previously spoke.

He wasn't ready to back down though. "How long does that last?" The guard strategist hissed, "Surely you wouldn't want metal claws for the rest of your life."

"That's enough, Kaiden," One of the royalty spoke up, a Tundra red and black. Askook, the clan second.

"No, no, it's alright!" Rowena piped up, "It lasts twenty minutes, I've used this rune combination before." She decided not to tell them the setback about the claws being a tad heavy.

Kaiden muttered something before settling back into his seat. The scoutmaster eyed him warily.

A Nocturne, his body mostly obscured by dark green apparel, decided to speak. Rowena had no clue who he was. "Alright, so, why do you want to join the Lavaburst Clan?" he asked.

"Well that's simple!" Rowena grinned as she put her runes away, "The magic of runes is an ancient, old and forgotten magic. I want to teach dragons how to carve them so that they will be powerful and that runes will never truly be forgotten."

"Sounds good to me." The scoutmaster said when he had said nothing previously. What an odd Skydancer. "Wouldn't you all agree?"

"Just one more question," Mastema, the adoptive daughter of the clan second and matriarch spoke for the first time. "Do you know anyone in the clan?"

"Yes. Daffodil." Rowena spoke. She didn't really know her well, but she was the first dragon she had met in the clan. From what she did know about Daffodil is that she was rather polite and happy all the time, yet always seemed to be hiding something.

"Daffodil, huh?" Mastema said a bit quietly, her voice close to a growl. "She has a bit of... bad blood with some of the Court."

"Yes, best not to stick around her," Maeve hissed from her seat. "Did you know that she killed most of the royals from her previous clan?"

"Now, let's be fair. Daffodil is a hard worker," Zhyrine interrupted. "She's a hard-worker. Besides, it was the Dark of the Hewn she attacked. They're an enemy of ours, mind you."

"Back on topic. Let's conclude this," Askook piped up. "All in favor of Rowena joining, unfurl a wing."

Rowena was surprised to see majority unfurl their wings. The dragons that had not were Ryker, the dungeon warden, Kaiden, and Mastema.

"Ryker, Kaiden, Mastema?" Zhyrine asked the three. Rowena huffed. It was only three out of fourteen...

"Simply by association," Mastema shrugged, "Some tend to be like the dragons they are around." Rowena was nothing like Daffodil. She wasn't a murderer and Daffodil being one wasn't going to stop her from talking to her. In fact, this whole thing had made her more curious about her.

"I don't think that's a viable reason to bar Rowena from joining the clan. She sounds like a good dragon, and if she isn't..." Rhune, a peacekeeper, paused before continuing. "Well, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?"

"I suppose..." Mastema trailed off warily.

"Runes sound deadly. They can probably do more harm than they can good," Ryker said, his hollow, white eyes betraying no words, "Put that magic in the wrong hands and you've got yourself an armageddon and the fall of the Lavaburst Clan. We can't wait for this to happen."

"Well, Rowena would have to come to someone before she would take any apprentices. You know, like we always do..." Maeve retorted.

"And Kaiden?" Zhyrine asked him, as he had not unfurled a wing. "What do you have to say?"

"Nothing much, just don't like that magic..." he hissed. "She could probably kill all of us..."

"Hey, hey, woah there!" Rowena snapped. "I can't do that, even if I did, why would I? What would I gain from a massacre?"

"Fair enough," Zhyrine nodded. There was a pause before she continued. "Rowena, welcome to the Lavaburst Clan!"

There was a bout of applause and Rowena decided it would be best she bowed. "Thank you! I won't let you down!"

Zhyrine fluttered down until she was hovering before her face. "We hope that you will be satisfied with your new life. Iolite-" she pointed at the Guardian that was the architect and Earth representative-"will guide you to your new residence. Take care."

Iolite shifted over to the door and opened it. He walked outside at a slow pace, using his tail to beckon for Rowena to follow, which she did, but was stopped by Zhyrine's call for her.

"Oh, and Rowena?" The matriarch called.

"Yes?" She responded, suddenly feeling anxious.

"Be careful."
nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
[center][size=7][b]The Ambush[/b][/size][/center] [quote=Introduction] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26183651] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/261837/26183651.png[/img] [/url] [b]Hellcaller[/b], the strategist of warriors and a member of the Board of Superiors. A [b]non-canon[/b] short. The Lavaburst Clan is ambushed by the Scavenger Syndicate following a battle that they had just lost against another clan. [/center] [/quote] Hellcaller paced outside the clinic, her brow furrowed in worry. Each movement garnered the sound of claws scraping on granite. She hated being here, she really, really did. But duty called, and so she shall answer. The most recent battle against the Rapids Clan had been a failure. No one died, but she had heard that some dragons' wounds were critical. Able-bodied dragons could be out of commission for months and it was... [i]maybe[/i] her fault. She was one of the clan's strategists, after all. But she didn't have time to think about the details. Enough pacing. Enough worrying. She would get nothing done just thinking. Hellcaller slipped into the clinic, where everything stunk of medicine and herbs. She peeked into each room, taking mental notes of injuries. Fractured wings,dislocations, trauma...This could be her fault. As Hellcaller came to the last room, she could hear a distinct conversation. "...Truly, this battle will be our clan's greatest dishonor. How incompetent are you strategists?" came the voice of a snarky doctor. "I'm sorry, Seeker. We tried, but it was as if... they could tell where we would be and what time we'd arrive." An apologetic, yet agitated voice responded. A scoff shook the room. "And you call yourself a-" Hellcaller had heard enough. She pushed open the door forcefully. She found [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=28592991]Seeker,[/url] a doctor, and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=26209722]Askook[/url], the clan second and fellow strategist having a conversation while Seeker was treating Hellcaller's mate, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=26213065]Foestalker[/url]. She seemed to be unconscious, bandages covering her neck and wings. Hellcaller felt the sting of guilt briefly, but brushed it off. "Hellcaller." Seeker greeted her with an impulsive snarl, interrupting her thoughts. "Seeker." Hellcaller returned with a plastic smile. Behind her she could hear Askook shuffle nervously. "Are you aware what your failed plan cost us? We're out of bandages [i]and[/i] most of our herb storage has been depleted," Seeker said, her raptorial claw tapping the ground rapidly as she tried to hide her scowl. "I am aware. It's as if you don't know who you're talking to here," Hellcaller spoke in a polite, yet curt tone. "Please. Fetch us a tonic for the pain." Seeker mumbled something angrily as she stormed off. Askook turned to Hellcaller. "...Don't feel bad, alright? I checked and everyone's okay. We'll do better next time." Hellcaller nodded slowly. Yes, next time. She pushed away the guilt and hatred for now, she had bigger matters to attend to. She looked to Foestalker, her wonderful Ridgeback of a mate. Her... [i]unconscious[/i] mate. "She... she must've pushed herself too hard again." Askook put a paw on her shoulder. "Hey. She'll wake up soon." he gave her one his signature bright smiles. Even though they had failed, he still looked so happy. Hellcaller found it commendable. Still, she shook off his paw. "She will. Don't worry about me, I've got tough scales." She smirked at her own words. "Tough scales" was among one of her favorite phrases of Foestalker's vocabulary. The sweet recollection was cut short. The clinic began to be shake violently. "U-Ugh! Everyone... stay cal-" Hellcaller heard Askook's voice briefly, before the roof collapsed upon them. Her ears ringing and dust clearing, she began to cough. She winced. Her leg was hurt critically. Slowly, Hellcaller shoved rocks off of her body and stood. The clinic... was no more. Askook was trying to stand, one of his legs caught underneath a sizable stone. Hellcaller came to his assistance, easily lifting it off of him. He coughed his thanks. Hellcaller began to look around feverishly, but couldn't find Foestalker amidst the rubble. That's when the sound faded in. Hellcaller was met with pure shock and terror. Scavenger Syndicate dragons, the Lavaburst Clan's worse enemies, were flying about, attacking her dragons without a shred of mercy. Smoke and screams filled the sky, turning it a vivid red. The world spun and she felt sick, so sick. Lavaburst City was a city on fire. As the buildings erupted into flame and her clanmates let out screams of agony, Hellcaller had only one thought. [i]Run.[/i] Hellcaller staggered and limped as quickly as she could, not even stopping after hearing a shriek from Askook. She stumbled behind the ruins of another building - the Witchdoctors' Hut. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=27594107]Morbid[/url] was furiously strangling a pale Skydancer, slamming his head repeatedly on jagged rubble. ""YOU MONSTER!! I'LL END YOU!! I'LL ****ING END YOU!" Hellcaller almost didn't notice the body of the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=30833233]pink Nocturne witchdoctor[/url] on the floor and the Guardian that was charging toward Morbid as she sprinted by. Building after building Hellcaller pushed onward, she was passing another ruin when she saw crimson feathers and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=32099106]Bakari [/url]scrambling to get up from his own puddle of blood. The young apprentice would die, surely. She saw that gaping wound in his side. His goggles were fogged up as he finally gave up and collapsed. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=32988396]Behira[/url] was standing over his body, eyes overflowing and her claws gripping the bloodied floor. "I... I won't forgive you! I will never, EVER ****ing forgive YOU!!" Hellcaller heard the shuffling of feathers as she charged at another dragon and the gurgling that came when the blood spilled out of her throat and she, too, collapsed beside her fallen mate. "OVER THERE!" A voice yelled. Suddenly, she felt eyes on her and she made a break for it. Even with her wounded leg, she managed to travel quickly. She heard someone fire a bolt and was unable to dodge the burst of Plague magic that would collide with her weakened body. Hellcaller hit the ground hard. She tried to stand again, but her legs gave out. She heard the sound of footsteps and once again struggled to get up, only to be met with a kick to the tail. This time, she fell onto her snout. A Mirror stood over her, their expression unreadable under heavy armor. "Please!" she pleaded. "I.. I don't want to die." She knew it was hopeless, but she continued. "Pl..Pleasee..." the Mirror shoved her head into the dirt. Hellcaller closed her eyes, her pleads slowly turning into weak whispers. Until suddenly, a flash of light. As the weight on her back disappeared, her eyes flew open to find the matriarch herself. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=260757&did=26209721]Zhyrine[/url]. She had flung a large beam at the Mirror and the two were now engaged in a battle that she was winning. Her mouth opened and out came a stream of fire. The fire continued until the Mirror finally ceased to squirm and screech. Hellcaller stared at the queen in awe. She was bloody from head to talons. Her elegant sylvan dress was torn and her prosthetic wings seemed to be partially broken. Zhyrine nodded at her. "Go!" Zhyrine hissed at her. "That's an order!" She pulled away and back into the heat of the burning city she, herself, had founded. Hellcaller didn't hesitate, she wasted no time as she ran away as fast as her legs, one of which was likely broken at this point, could carry her. If Zhyrine was willing to fight... shouldn't she? She stopped for a moment and gazed at the city, the remains of buildings obscured by smoke. She lived with the Lavaburst Clan for as long as she could remember... they were the reason she had everything she had, how far she had gotten. She already had witnessed some of them die. And that was enough. She charged after her matriarch. The Lavaburst Clan would not die today.
The Ambush

Introduction wrote:

26183651.png
Hellcaller, the strategist of warriors and a member of the Board of Superiors.

A non-canon short. The Lavaburst Clan is ambushed by the Scavenger Syndicate following a battle that they had just lost against another clan.

Hellcaller paced outside the clinic, her brow furrowed in worry. Each movement garnered the sound of claws scraping on granite. She hated being here, she really, really did. But duty called, and so she shall answer.

The most recent battle against the Rapids Clan had been a failure. No one died, but she had heard that some dragons' wounds were critical. Able-bodied dragons could be out of commission for months and it was... maybe her fault. She was one of the clan's strategists, after all. But she didn't have time to think about the details. Enough pacing. Enough worrying. She would get nothing done just thinking.

Hellcaller slipped into the clinic, where everything stunk of medicine and herbs. She peeked into each room, taking mental notes of injuries. Fractured wings,dislocations, trauma...This could be her fault.

As Hellcaller came to the last room, she could hear a distinct conversation.

"...Truly, this battle will be our clan's greatest dishonor. How incompetent are you strategists?" came the voice of a snarky doctor.

"I'm sorry, Seeker. We tried, but it was as if... they could tell where we would be and what time we'd arrive." An apologetic, yet agitated voice responded.

A scoff shook the room. "And you call yourself a-"

Hellcaller had heard enough. She pushed open the door forcefully. She found Seeker, a doctor, and Askook, the clan second and fellow strategist having a conversation while Seeker was treating Hellcaller's mate, Foestalker. She seemed to be unconscious, bandages covering her neck and wings. Hellcaller felt the sting of guilt briefly, but brushed it off.

"Hellcaller." Seeker greeted her with an impulsive snarl, interrupting her thoughts.

"Seeker." Hellcaller returned with a plastic smile. Behind her she could hear Askook shuffle nervously.

"Are you aware what your failed plan cost us? We're out of bandages and most of our herb storage has been depleted," Seeker said, her raptorial claw tapping the ground rapidly as she tried to hide her scowl.

"I am aware. It's as if you don't know who you're talking to here," Hellcaller spoke in a polite, yet curt tone. "Please. Fetch us a tonic for the pain."

Seeker mumbled something angrily as she stormed off. Askook turned to Hellcaller. "...Don't feel bad, alright? I checked and everyone's okay. We'll do better next time."

Hellcaller nodded slowly. Yes, next time. She pushed away the guilt and hatred for now, she had bigger matters to attend to.

She looked to Foestalker, her wonderful Ridgeback of a mate. Her... unconscious mate. "She... she must've pushed herself too hard again."

Askook put a paw on her shoulder. "Hey. She'll wake up soon." he gave her one his signature bright smiles. Even though they had failed, he still looked so happy. Hellcaller found it commendable.

Still, she shook off his paw. "She will. Don't worry about me, I've got tough scales." She smirked at her own words. "Tough scales" was among one of her favorite phrases of Foestalker's vocabulary.

The sweet recollection was cut short. The clinic began to be shake violently.

"U-Ugh! Everyone... stay cal-" Hellcaller heard Askook's voice briefly, before the roof collapsed upon them.

Her ears ringing and dust clearing, she began to cough. She winced. Her leg was hurt critically. Slowly, Hellcaller shoved rocks off of her body and stood. The clinic... was no more.

Askook was trying to stand, one of his legs caught underneath a sizable stone. Hellcaller came to his assistance, easily lifting it off of him. He coughed his thanks.

Hellcaller began to look around feverishly, but couldn't find Foestalker amidst the rubble.

That's when the sound faded in.

Hellcaller was met with pure shock and terror. Scavenger Syndicate dragons, the Lavaburst Clan's worse enemies, were flying about, attacking her dragons without a shred of mercy. Smoke and screams filled the sky, turning it a vivid red. The world spun and she felt sick, so sick. Lavaburst City was a city on fire.

As the buildings erupted into flame and her clanmates let out screams of agony, Hellcaller had only one thought.

Run.

Hellcaller staggered and limped as quickly as she could, not even stopping after hearing a shriek from Askook. She stumbled behind the ruins of another building - the Witchdoctors' Hut. Morbid was furiously strangling a pale Skydancer, slamming his head repeatedly on jagged rubble. ""YOU MONSTER!! I'LL END YOU!! I'LL ****ING END YOU!"

Hellcaller almost didn't notice the body of the pink Nocturne witchdoctor on the floor and the Guardian that was charging toward Morbid as she sprinted by.

Building after building Hellcaller pushed onward, she was passing another ruin when she saw crimson feathers and Bakari scrambling to get up from his own puddle of blood. The young apprentice would die, surely. She saw that gaping wound in his side. His goggles were fogged up as he finally gave up and collapsed.

Behira was standing over his body, eyes overflowing and her claws gripping the bloodied floor. "I... I won't forgive you! I will never, EVER ****ing forgive YOU!!" Hellcaller heard the shuffling of feathers as she charged at another dragon and the gurgling that came when the blood spilled out of her throat and she, too, collapsed beside her fallen mate.

"OVER THERE!" A voice yelled. Suddenly, she felt eyes on her and she made a break for it. Even with her wounded leg, she managed to travel quickly.

She heard someone fire a bolt and was unable to dodge the burst of Plague magic that would collide with her weakened body.

Hellcaller hit the ground hard. She tried to stand again, but her legs gave out. She heard the sound of footsteps and once again struggled to get up, only to be met with a kick to the tail. This time, she fell onto her snout.

A Mirror stood over her, their expression unreadable under heavy armor. "Please!" she pleaded. "I.. I don't want to die." She knew it was hopeless, but she continued. "Pl..Pleasee..." the Mirror shoved her head into the dirt.

Hellcaller closed her eyes, her pleads slowly turning into weak whispers. Until suddenly, a flash of light. As the weight on her back disappeared, her eyes flew open to find the matriarch herself.

Zhyrine. She had flung a large beam at the Mirror and the two were now engaged in a battle that she was winning. Her mouth opened and out came a stream of fire. The fire continued until the Mirror finally ceased to squirm and screech.

Hellcaller stared at the queen in awe. She was bloody from head to talons. Her elegant sylvan dress was torn and her prosthetic wings seemed to be partially broken. Zhyrine nodded at her.

"Go!" Zhyrine hissed at her. "That's an order!" She pulled away and back into the heat of the burning city she, herself, had founded.

Hellcaller didn't hesitate, she wasted no time as she ran away as fast as her legs, one of which was likely broken at this point, could carry her.

If Zhyrine was willing to fight... shouldn't she? She stopped for a moment and gazed at the city, the remains of buildings obscured by smoke. She lived with the Lavaburst Clan for as long as she could remember... they were the reason she had everything she had, how far she had gotten. She already had witnessed some of them die. And that was enough.

She charged after her matriarch. The Lavaburst Clan would not die today.
nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
[center][size=7][b]Forever[/b][/size][/center] [quote=Introduction][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27029235] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/270293/27029235.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26168331][b]Doomsday[/b] is a invoker. He may be blind, but he can see things that the naked eye cannot, like y'know, ghosts. He's an anxious type of dragon, but sometimes isn't afraid to speak his mind. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26168331] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/261684/26168331.png[/img] [/url]Iris is a guard, not only of the clan and the city, but of her emotions and... her enchanted remains. They trap a ghost inside, that of her "mate's".[/quote] Doomsday knocked as loudly as he could on the door. He didn't like to be around the residences of larger dragons, but he had to confront Iris about this. She was keeping someone's remains in that bottle, and his spirit was trapped. The door opened inwardly and Iris had to look around to notice the Fae less than a meter tall. They held a 14 meter height difference, which made the Fae scared even further. She dipped her head down to meet his. "Evening, invoker. What brings you here?" she asked, her expression unreadable underneath the cowl and mask she always wore. Doomsday's breathing began to quicken as he saw the trapped spirit. "I.. h.." he stammered, then clearing his throat. "I need to speak with you. It's... important." Iris stood and went inside, using her tail to beckon the tiny invoker inside. "Sit wherever." she said with as much of a polite tone as she could muster. Doomsday made his way onto a table and Iris sat on a chair before it. "What's on your mind, invoker?" she asked, her eyes appearing white and hollow underneath her cowl and mask. "This is about your... enchanted remains." Doomsday stated, earning a nervous reaction from Iris, who clutched the bottle in her claws. "You're trapping a spirit in there." "Watch what you say, Fae," Iris hissed. "He's not trapped!" "Look..." Doomsday said, his expression sympathetic. "I can hear and see him, but his voice and ghost is obscured." "What are you trying to say?" Iris growled at him, her glowing blue claws now on the table beside Doomsday. "Can you open it please?" Doomsday asked. He perked up when he heard Iris set the bottle down onto the table slowly opened it. He narrowed his eyes, focusing on the trapped ghost. The form trapped behind the purple glass shook violently. Then it roared and leaped from the bottle. It slammed against the table and screamed. [quote=Splash][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=20658654][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/206587/20658654.png[/img][/url][/center][/quote] The ghostly Fae was no bigger than he. Doomsday immediately took notice of the fact that this spirit's neck looks like it had been twisted. He snapped it back into place and screamed again. "W-Who--?" He stammered, pointing at Doomsday. He looked around, his eyes darting about rapidly. "Where-?!" His eyes locked on Iris, who, of course, could not see him. They narrowed and he began to shake violently. "Iris! You-you killed Daisy!" he lunged at the Guardian, only to crash through her and land on the top of her chair. He screamed again. "I felt a chill." Iris commented, with a bored expression. "Can I close the bottle now?" "No-uh, in fact, could you leave for a few minutes? A ghost came from the bottle." Doomsday asked, but when she looked skeptical. "I-I-I'm just going to talk with him! I won't mess with the bottle or anything." Iris sighed as she got up. She walked into another room, mumbling something. "Sure, sure. Whatever you say." Doomsday flew down towards the Fae, using his staff to help him not hit anything on the way down. He was staring at his claws in shock. "Oh, by the Stormcatcher... I-I.." The Fae shook his head violently. "I'm dead, aren't I...?" he turned around to find Doomsday. "You- you can see me?" When Doomsday nodded, the Fae continued. "Where am I?" "Dümelleevi, home to the Lavaburst Clan." Doomsday explained. "Who are you?" "M-My..." The Fae looked confused for a second, as if he forgot his own name. His form seemed to distort for a moment, but then he blinked hard and his form was solid once more. "My name is Splash." He looked around once more in the relatively giant household. "Does... I-Is this where Iris lives?" When he said Iris' name, his lip curled to reveal sharp teeth and he laughed. "Makes sense, Binary w-w-would've slain her where she stood if she stayed. But... who are you?" "Doomsday." he said, introducing himself. "I'm an invoker, nothing more than some blind little bat that can see ghosts. Are you alright?" "NO! I feel like I-I-I just died!" Splash growled, form distorting. "Ughh..." he muttered, holding his head. "Yeah, uh... " Doomsday nervously scratched the back of his neck. "So, what's your story with Iris?" "W-Well.. Guess I've got no choice..." Splash raised his head and nodded thoughtfully before going on, "She and I were friends since hatchling years... We were so, so close. Then I met my beloved...My mate, Daisy..." He distorted once more. "Iris killed her, invoker." Splash whimpered, wiping away the beginnings of tears away. "She killed my [i]mate[/i]! I loved her so, so much and she just took her away from me! I remember.. she k-k-killed me too." He continued to talk, now becoming furious with each passing second. "She said that she w-w-would..." he paused, and took a look at the purple bottle that contained his bones. "Oh, S-Stormcatcher..." "Invoker!" Splash stared at Doomsday, his eyes wide. He grabbed his shoulders. "You can't let her put me back there- don't let her close the bottle, please! Oh, Stormcatcher... Oh S-S-Stormcatcher..." The ghost's form repeatedly distorted, and he seemed to be descending into a panic. Doomsday looked taken aback. "I...I'll try." he raised his voice. "Iris, please come back!" Doomsday heard the footsteps of the giant Guardian, who mumbled something again and appeared beside the table. "Splash and I talked," Doomsday took note of a hushed gasp from Iris and the likely shocked expression that came along with it. "He told me everything - from how you two were friends since childhood to how you killed Daisy." Iris took a deep breath, as though refraining herself from roaring. Doomsday heard her claws around the bottle. "Suppose you're the real deal then. Little Fae can really talk to ghosts!" she paused, laughing. "So, what does it matter?" "He wants you to set him free-" Doomsday started, but was interrupted by a roar. "How dare you!" Iris snarled. "You cannot ask a Guardian to abandon her charge, fool!" Doomsday saw Splash's crest droop and his eyes widen. "Hah..ha.." he clutched his face in anguish. "My c-c-corpse.. her charge..." Iris looked to the spot where Splash sat, which to her was empty space. "Yes, but your charge is the remains of your old friend!" Doomsday spoke up, now angry. "You're keeping his ghost trapped! He'll never, ever find peace!" Splash looked straight at Iris with pleading eyes even though she could not see him. She bared her pointed teeth, grabbed the cap and slammed it onto the bottle, sealing it shut. "NO!" Doomsday shouted and looked over at Splash, whose shape had began to distort more. Shrieking, Splash fell down before the Fae, grasping at his arms, screaming, pleading. "[size=1]I..In...[/size][size=2]voker![/size]" Splash cried, his appearance becoming less and less of that of a Fae's, no, less than a dragon's, by the second. "[size=2]I-I-Invok[size=3]..er! I trus[/size][size=4]ted [/size][size=5]yo[/size][size=6]u-![/size]" [size=4]His body seemed to explode into a million ghostly pieces and parts floated towards the bottle. They disappeared as quickly as they had appeared. Doomsday took wheezy breaths, he began to cry for this spirit he couldn't set free. Forgetting Iris was here, he stumbled as quickly as he could to the door and opened it. "Stay out, invoker." Doomsday heard the Guardian growl as his vision faded.
Forever

Introduction wrote:

27029235.png

Doomsday is a invoker. He may be blind, but he can see things that the naked eye cannot, like y'know, ghosts. He's an anxious type of dragon, but sometimes isn't afraid to speak his mind.

26168331.png
Iris is a guard, not only of the clan and the city, but of her emotions and... her enchanted remains. They trap a ghost inside, that of her "mate's".

Doomsday knocked as loudly as he could on the door. He didn't like to be around the residences of larger dragons, but he had to confront Iris about this. She was keeping someone's remains in that bottle, and his spirit was trapped.

The door opened inwardly and Iris had to look around to notice the Fae less than a meter tall. They held a 14 meter height difference, which made the Fae scared even further. She dipped her head down to meet his.

"Evening, invoker. What brings you here?" she asked, her expression unreadable underneath the cowl and mask she always wore.

Doomsday's breathing began to quicken as he saw the trapped spirit. "I.. h.." he stammered, then clearing his throat. "I need to speak with you. It's... important."

Iris stood and went inside, using her tail to beckon the tiny invoker inside. "Sit wherever." she said with as much of a polite tone as she could muster.

Doomsday made his way onto a table and Iris sat on a chair before it. "What's on your mind, invoker?" she asked, her eyes appearing white and hollow underneath her cowl and mask.

"This is about your... enchanted remains." Doomsday stated, earning a nervous reaction from Iris, who clutched the bottle in her claws. "You're trapping a spirit in there."

"Watch what you say, Fae," Iris hissed. "He's not trapped!"

"Look..." Doomsday said, his expression sympathetic. "I can hear and see him, but his voice and ghost is obscured."

"What are you trying to say?" Iris growled at him, her glowing blue claws now on the table beside Doomsday.

"Can you open it please?" Doomsday asked. He perked up when he heard Iris set the bottle down onto the table slowly opened it.

He narrowed his eyes, focusing on the trapped ghost. The form trapped behind the purple glass shook violently. Then it roared and leaped from the bottle. It slammed against the table and screamed.
Splash wrote:
20658654.png

The ghostly Fae was no bigger than he. Doomsday immediately took notice of the fact that this spirit's neck looks like it had been twisted. He snapped it back into place and screamed again.

"W-Who--?" He stammered, pointing at Doomsday. He looked around, his eyes darting about rapidly. "Where-?!"

His eyes locked on Iris, who, of course, could not see him. They narrowed and he began to shake violently. "Iris! You-you killed Daisy!" he lunged at the Guardian, only to crash through her and land on the top of her chair. He screamed again.

"I felt a chill." Iris commented, with a bored expression. "Can I close the bottle now?"

"No-uh, in fact, could you leave for a few minutes? A ghost came from the bottle." Doomsday asked, but when she looked skeptical. "I-I-I'm just going to talk with him! I won't mess with the bottle or anything."

Iris sighed as she got up. She walked into another room, mumbling something. "Sure, sure. Whatever you say."

Doomsday flew down towards the Fae, using his staff to help him not hit anything on the way down. He was staring at his claws in shock.

"Oh, by the Stormcatcher... I-I.." The Fae shook his head violently. "I'm dead, aren't I...?" he turned around to find Doomsday.

"You- you can see me?" When Doomsday nodded, the Fae continued. "Where am I?"

"Dümelleevi, home to the Lavaburst Clan." Doomsday explained. "Who are you?"

"M-My..." The Fae looked confused for a second, as if he forgot his own name. His form seemed to distort for a moment, but then he blinked hard and his form was solid once more. "My name is Splash."

He looked around once more in the relatively giant household. "Does... I-Is this where Iris lives?" When he said Iris' name, his lip curled to reveal sharp teeth and he laughed. "Makes sense, Binary w-w-would've slain her where she stood if she stayed. But... who are you?"

"Doomsday." he said, introducing himself. "I'm an invoker, nothing more than some blind little bat that can see ghosts. Are you alright?"

"NO! I feel like I-I-I just died!" Splash growled, form distorting. "Ughh..." he muttered, holding his head.

"Yeah, uh... " Doomsday nervously scratched the back of his neck. "So, what's your story with Iris?"

"W-Well.. Guess I've got no choice..." Splash raised his head and nodded thoughtfully before going on, "She and I were friends since hatchling years... We were so, so close. Then I met my beloved...My mate, Daisy..." He distorted once more.

"Iris killed her, invoker." Splash whimpered, wiping away the beginnings of tears away. "She killed my mate! I loved her so, so much and she just took her away from me! I remember.. she k-k-killed me too."

He continued to talk, now becoming furious with each passing second. "She said that she w-w-would..." he paused, and took a look at the purple bottle that contained his bones. "Oh, S-Stormcatcher..."

"Invoker!" Splash stared at Doomsday, his eyes wide. He grabbed his shoulders. "You can't let her put me back there- don't let her close the bottle, please! Oh, Stormcatcher... Oh S-S-Stormcatcher..." The ghost's form repeatedly distorted, and he seemed to be descending into a panic.

Doomsday looked taken aback. "I...I'll try." he raised his voice. "Iris, please come back!"

Doomsday heard the footsteps of the giant Guardian, who mumbled something again and appeared beside the table.

"Splash and I talked," Doomsday took note of a hushed gasp from Iris and the likely shocked expression that came along with it. "He told me everything - from how you two were friends since childhood to how you killed Daisy."

Iris took a deep breath, as though refraining herself from roaring. Doomsday heard her claws around the bottle. "Suppose you're the real deal then. Little Fae can really talk to ghosts!" she paused, laughing. "So, what does it matter?"

"He wants you to set him free-" Doomsday started, but was interrupted by a roar.

"How dare you!" Iris snarled. "You cannot ask a Guardian to abandon her charge, fool!"

Doomsday saw Splash's crest droop and his eyes widen. "Hah..ha.." he clutched his face in anguish. "My c-c-corpse.. her charge..." Iris looked to the spot where Splash sat, which to her was empty space.

"Yes, but your charge is the remains of your old friend!" Doomsday spoke up, now angry. "You're keeping his ghost trapped! He'll never, ever find peace!"

Splash looked straight at Iris with pleading eyes even though she could not see him. She bared her pointed teeth, grabbed the cap and slammed it onto the bottle, sealing it shut.

"NO!" Doomsday shouted and looked over at Splash, whose shape had began to distort more. Shrieking, Splash fell down before the Fae, grasping at his arms, screaming, pleading.

"I..In...voker!" Splash cried, his appearance becoming less and less of that of a Fae's, no, less than a dragon's, by the second. "I-I-Invok..er! I trusted you-!"

His body seemed to explode into a million ghostly pieces and parts floated towards the bottle. They disappeared as quickly as they had appeared.

Doomsday took wheezy breaths, he began to cry for this spirit he couldn't set free. Forgetting Iris was here, he stumbled as quickly as he could to the door and opened it.

"Stay out, invoker." Doomsday heard the Guardian growl as his vision faded.
nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OKmiJV2.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][nextcol][center][size=7][size=6][b]Lavaburst Marketplace[/b][/size][nextcol][center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8940770b3cf0c42c3a50026c999ce287/tumblr_inline_obxzdghOP71r7h5sq_540.jpg[/img][/center][/columns] [size=3]Every morning and late afternoon, there's a marketplace near the front of the city bustling with life. It's near places such as the Illuminated Inn and most of the medium-sized dragons' residences so it would make sense that a lot of dragons would be there. There are stands set up with very diverse wares such as herbs and plants grown by the herbalist Forestfarer or random stuff stolen from dead dragons by the bounty hunter Leora.[/size] [center][size=5][b]Apparel[/b][/size][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/283722/28372166p.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/309939/30993865p.png[/img][/center] [center][item=Citrine Talonclasp Pendant][item=Teardrop Citrine Necklace][item=Simple Gold Necklace][item=Citrine Flourish Eye Piece][item=Runebead Necklace][item=Diaphanous Sylvan Dress][item=Golden Arm Silks][item=Sunburst Feathered Wings][item=Gold Aviator Helmet][item=Gold Renaissance Shirt][item=Gold Satin Tunic][item=Ethereal Flame Headpiece][item=Solar Flame Collar][item=Gossamer Flame Cloak][item=Mage's Ivory Overcoat][item=Mage's Golden Gloves][item=Buttercup Lace Ribbons][item=Pretty Buttercup Neck Bow][/center] A stand run by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=28372166]Angel[/url], the jeweler, and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=30993865]Maeby[/url], the tailor. Sometimes the tailor and the jeweler bring some apparel to sell in the Lavaburst Marketplace to attract more customers. These vary from winter wear to pretty silks, it depends on the season and what they feel like selling. Pieces from the sets that they mostly sell are listed above. They tend to be either yellow, orange, or white. [center][size=5][b]The Strong Dragon's Armor[/b][/size][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/271066/27106566p.png[/img][/center] [center][item=Gold Filigree Breastplate][item=Burnished Filigree Banner][item=Burnished Gold Helmet][item=Brightscale Helmet][item=Primal Claws][item=Butterfly's Helmet][item=Koi's Breastplate][item=Traditional Broadsword][item=Katana][item=Cleaver][item=Filigree Rapier][/center] A stand run by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260757&tab=dragon&did=27106566]Ferron[/url]. He's in the marketplace most days, selling armor and weapons to dragons to make some extra treasure. His buyers are usually dragons such as warriors or guards and merchants that go sell his stuff in trading posts or marketplaces. Pieces from the sets that they mostly sell are listed above. They tend to be either yellow, orange, or white. [center][size=5][b]Sunbeam Herbs[/b][/size][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/227408/22740786p.png[/img][/center] [center][item=light's breath] [item=wild mustard] [item=sunkernel] [item=granny smith apple] [item=potash peach][item=daffodil][item=sweet grass][item=mycena mushroom] [item=canyon ruffage] [item=spathiphyllum][item=treasure plant][item=White Quinoa][/center] A stand set up and ran by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=260757&did=22740786]Forestfarer[/url]. She sells some of what she grows at the marketplace for anyone who's willing to buy. Some of the plants are included above. The appearance of this stand is bi-monthly. [center][size=5][b]Goodies from Baddies[/b][/size][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/293164/29316383p.png[/img][/center] [center][item=shimmering cloth][item=umbral yarn][item=intricate weaving][item=ornate porcelain jar][item=canopic jar][item=forest field guide][item=stuffed mith][item=stardust sap lamp][item=ivory comb][/center] A stand run by Leora. She sells random stuff that she steals from the dragons she hunts down. She's a bounty hunter, after all. This is usually jewelry, cloth and expensive-looking objects, but it can be anything. The appearance of this stand is somewhat predictable, as it always appears after Leora comes back after successfully eliminating someone. Growing hatchlings are usually the ones attracted to this stall for whatever reason.
OKmiJV2.png
Lavaburst Marketplace

Every morning and late afternoon, there's a marketplace near the front of the city bustling with life. It's near places such as the Illuminated Inn and most of the medium-sized dragons' residences so it would make sense that a lot of dragons would be there. There are stands set up with very diverse wares such as herbs and plants grown by the herbalist Forestfarer or random stuff stolen from dead dragons by the bounty hunter Leora.

Apparel

28372166p.png30993865p.png

Citrine Talonclasp Pendant Teardrop Citrine Necklace Simple Gold Necklace Citrine Flourish Eye Piece Runebead Necklace Diaphanous Sylvan Dress Golden Arm Silks Sunburst Feathered Wings Gold Aviator Helmet Gold Renaissance Shirt Gold Satin Tunic Ethereal Flame Headpiece Solar Flame Collar Gossamer Flame Cloak Mage's Ivory Overcoat Mage's Golden Gloves Buttercup Lace Ribbons Pretty Buttercup Neck Bow

A stand run by Angel, the jeweler, and Maeby, the tailor. Sometimes the tailor and the jeweler bring some apparel to sell in the Lavaburst Marketplace to attract more customers. These vary from winter wear to pretty silks, it depends on the season and what they feel like selling. Pieces from the sets that they mostly sell are listed above. They tend to be either yellow, orange, or white.

The Strong Dragon's Armor

27106566p.png

Gold Filigree Breastplate Burnished Filigree Banner Burnished Gold Helmet Brightscale Helmet Primal Claws Butterfly's Helmet Koi's Breastplate Traditional Broadsword Katana Cleaver Filigree Rapier

A stand run by Ferron. He's in the marketplace most days, selling armor and weapons to dragons to make some extra treasure. His buyers are usually dragons such as warriors or guards and merchants that go sell his stuff in trading posts or marketplaces. Pieces from the sets that they mostly sell are listed above. They tend to be either yellow, orange, or white.

Sunbeam Herbs

22740786p.png

Light's Breath Wild Mustard Sunkernel Granny Smith Apple Potash Peach Daffodil Sweet Grass Mycena Mushroom Canyon Ruffage Spathiphyllum Treasure Plant White Quinoa

A stand set up and ran by Forestfarer. She sells some of what she grows at the marketplace for anyone who's willing to buy. Some of the plants are included above. The appearance of this stand is bi-monthly.

Goodies from Baddies

29316383p.png

Shimmering Cloth Umbral Yarn Intricate Weaving Ornate Porcelain Jar Canopic Jar Forest Field Guide Stuffed Mith Stardust Sap Lamp Ivory Comb

A stand run by Leora. She sells random stuff that she steals from the dragons she hunts down. She's a bounty hunter, after all. This is usually jewelry, cloth and expensive-looking objects, but it can be anything. The appearance of this stand is somewhat predictable, as it always appears after Leora comes back after successfully eliminating someone. Growing hatchlings are usually the ones attracted to this stall for whatever reason.
nSyyjfe.jpg
5iXiC8z.png
gMDuKVs.png
xj6Mn2e.png
6KQB58c.png

i'm syn / neb !
0weZF6S.png fr + 2

52Gc1G9.png
1 2 3 4