Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers: December Edition!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I didn't participate in NaNo, but I did write a bit here and there, which is progress. Having enough mental health to do creative things = so good.

I've gotten hooked on the dragons off to see the world swap thread, is anyone else doing that? It's like an endless source of temporary dragons with pre-written bios that you can add on to. I think it's my favorite thing on FR right now... I have three traveling dragons in my lair at the moment, including the one set as my avatar.

I really need to do some bios though... I especially want to do Kalak (my random progen), Keahi (my alchemist), and Glimmer... who is descended from @micahjaguar's dragons. :P (Sweetness/Myron)
I didn't participate in NaNo, but I did write a bit here and there, which is progress. Having enough mental health to do creative things = so good.

I've gotten hooked on the dragons off to see the world swap thread, is anyone else doing that? It's like an endless source of temporary dragons with pre-written bios that you can add on to. I think it's my favorite thing on FR right now... I have three traveling dragons in my lair at the moment, including the one set as my avatar.

I really need to do some bios though... I especially want to do Kalak (my random progen), Keahi (my alchemist), and Glimmer... who is descended from @micahjaguar's dragons. :P (Sweetness/Myron)
“blaireau’s
I never do NaNo. My winter struggles start in October. By November I can barely get my necessary items accomplished. I did write one short story last month and edited it yesterday. If I can get a quick cover together, I can have it online before Christmas.

I'm barely doing Flight Rising anymore.
I never do NaNo. My winter struggles start in October. By November I can barely get my necessary items accomplished. I did write one short story last month and edited it yesterday. If I can get a quick cover together, I can have it online before Christmas.

I'm barely doing Flight Rising anymore.
Hello.

Where's the year gone?

Sorry I didn't drop by last month, I've been busy with work.

I haven't written anything substantial in nearly two months.

I want to, but I'm just so tired and my job is completely flat out, even if it is just a casual position at a two dollar shop.
Hello.

Where's the year gone?

Sorry I didn't drop by last month, I've been busy with work.

I haven't written anything substantial in nearly two months.

I want to, but I'm just so tired and my job is completely flat out, even if it is just a casual position at a two dollar shop.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
No idea what I'm going to do this month. I've been...in a rut
No idea what I'm going to do this month. I've been...in a rut
axOkNaR.png
ZNhRsiG.png
My internet and Microsoft word went down, I'm not sure if I actually won nano cause I had to handwrite it
My internet and Microsoft word went down, I'm not sure if I actually won nano cause I had to handwrite it
I hoard fertility statues, any type of Raven/crow/Corvus bird, stagwings/perytons and above all else canopic jars and broken heartstones, if you have any extra please message me
@Micahjaguar

I blew Nano. Completely and Utterly.

Two major psych research projects, and 6 smaller writing assignments completely ruined my month. On the one hand A's across the board, on the other, my hands are dead and typing for long hurts a little.

I console myself with continuing on with bio updates, tidying them up and standardizing them, then moving those vingettes to LJ.

But on the other hand, I managed to get the paperwork started to move from a Comprehensive course final to a Thesis Masterwork..... So I'll be able to salvage some of my planned scifi cultural development book and turn into a comparative analysis of trends across major cultures suitable for journal publication. *is so stupidly happy about this I could squirm*
@Micahjaguar

I blew Nano. Completely and Utterly.

Two major psych research projects, and 6 smaller writing assignments completely ruined my month. On the one hand A's across the board, on the other, my hands are dead and typing for long hurts a little.

I console myself with continuing on with bio updates, tidying them up and standardizing them, then moving those vingettes to LJ.

But on the other hand, I managed to get the paperwork started to move from a Comprehensive course final to a Thesis Masterwork..... So I'll be able to salvage some of my planned scifi cultural development book and turn into a comparative analysis of trends across major cultures suitable for journal publication. *is so stupidly happy about this I could squirm*
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
My Nano was a bit of a flop this year, (thanks Minecraft...and FliRi elemental holiday/that turkey thing...and windstorm making power unreliable so I was afraid to write anything (for fear of losing it) for a while there...and...well...me just trying to find every possible reason to put it off XD; ) Strange, too, because before Nano started, I was all excited for it...but when it actually showed up...I couldn't stop procrastinating to avoid it. I DID get a chapter done at least. *sigh*

Small victories, Vi, small victories.
My Nano was a bit of a flop this year, (thanks Minecraft...and FliRi elemental holiday/that turkey thing...and windstorm making power unreliable so I was afraid to write anything (for fear of losing it) for a while there...and...well...me just trying to find every possible reason to put it off XD; ) Strange, too, because before Nano started, I was all excited for it...but when it actually showed up...I couldn't stop procrastinating to avoid it. I DID get a chapter done at least. *sigh*

Small victories, Vi, small victories.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
Oh hey, new thread! I can't believe it's December already. O_O
@micahjaguar I wrote a little under 30k during NaNo, but then I stopped...because I FINALLY WROTE THE ENDING OF MY FIRST DRAFT!!!!

It's still pretty rough, but I'm super excited that I've finally finished!!! It's the draft I started during NaNo 2013 (with no small amount of encouragement from the amazing folks of this thread) which was a re-working of the story I started in 2011, so it's been a long time coming. I kind of feel the same lack of enthusiasm for FR that you mentioned these days - I go through the motions of feeding my dragons and collecting holiday items, but don't do much else - but I don't want to give it up completely because I don't want to cut off communication with the friends I've met here. I definitely wouldn't have gotten this far without having this thread to complain in ("So I'm still writing this draft, it's never going to be finished!") and having people ask how I'm doing.

Anyway...that's my crazy exciting writer news! *throws confetti and gluten-free cookies at everyone*
Oh hey, new thread! I can't believe it's December already. O_O
@micahjaguar I wrote a little under 30k during NaNo, but then I stopped...because I FINALLY WROTE THE ENDING OF MY FIRST DRAFT!!!!

It's still pretty rough, but I'm super excited that I've finally finished!!! It's the draft I started during NaNo 2013 (with no small amount of encouragement from the amazing folks of this thread) which was a re-working of the story I started in 2011, so it's been a long time coming. I kind of feel the same lack of enthusiasm for FR that you mentioned these days - I go through the motions of feeding my dragons and collecting holiday items, but don't do much else - but I don't want to give it up completely because I don't want to cut off communication with the friends I've met here. I definitely wouldn't have gotten this far without having this thread to complain in ("So I'm still writing this draft, it's never going to be finished!") and having people ask how I'm doing.

Anyway...that's my crazy exciting writer news! *throws confetti and gluten-free cookies at everyone*
5NpWyuc.png oq4SbhH.png 8qtlLxx.gif
@PocketTheSaurus That's amazing news, congratulations! :D
@PocketTheSaurus That's amazing news, congratulations! :D
“blaireau’s
@micahjaguar
I know what you mean I haven't been on recently. I've been waiting for the site to come up with something awesomely new, but so far, nothin'.

nanowrimo failed spectacularly
not only was it frickin' exam week (isn't college so nice) most of the month
there was projects galore, handed out, and I gave up okay? Not my best moments.

@Amut nice to see you back again
Oh don't I know it. It's glad that you've got straight A's though. (What I wouldn't give for those...)

So um yeah.
@micahjaguar
I know what you mean I haven't been on recently. I've been waiting for the site to come up with something awesomely new, but so far, nothin'.

nanowrimo failed spectacularly
not only was it frickin' exam week (isn't college so nice) most of the month
there was projects galore, handed out, and I gave up okay? Not my best moments.

@Amut nice to see you back again
Oh don't I know it. It's glad that you've got straight A's though. (What I wouldn't give for those...)

So um yeah.
[img][/img]HzGpUHb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11