Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | BotB (Double Trouble) Tales+ Join In!
1 2 3 4
I meant to try and post this days ago, but thanks to RL and Whisper Skipper keeping me busy, my free time has been really limited! SO, here is some insight into the Airstep Ninjas, from two days ago! ;D ----- ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=543863] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5439/543863_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Just a day in the life of Clan Head, Desiera thought to herself as a couple of the younger Dragons squabbled over petty gathering rights. This bauble, that chest, and on and on and on... The sudden clawtip at her elbow was a welcome distraction. Twisting her long neck to look only slightly to her side, she had to try and maintain some semblance of attention to the argument before her after all, she saw that it was her sweet seraph knight, dearest Alaster, mate of her heart. His full attention was on her, but he had yet to make a sound; he knew he couldn't interrupt Lair politics, just as she knew he wouldn't have been there if it wasn't extremely important. "Enough." Despite her voice being small, like her body, it had always held sway in these pillars, and the squabblers quickly fell silent. "Each of you may claim a trophy for yourselves from the collective gather." They looked to start speaking again, wanting to argue more, but her crest snapped open sharply, stopping them before they could start. "You should know well that gathering is for the Cluster, the whole of it. If you don't, you learn it now. Everything goes to the collective of us all, so that we may all benefit and thrive. Be thankful you are being allowed your favourite pieces for yourselves." She cast a critical eye over them both, and their stances wilted a bit. "Now then, once you have chosen, back to your pillars. There is still work that needs doing before the day is through." It was a clear dismissal, and the two Dragons beat a repeat, sulking slightly. Once they were out of sight, Desiera slouched suddenly at her perch, leaning heavily into Alaster's strong side with a sigh. "Young ones these days, I don't know where they are getting these notions from. So selfish! Am I just getting too old, my love?" He curled his wide, shining wings behind her back, holder her close. "Aged only in strength and kindness, to stand strong against the tides. Your guidance is valuable to the Clan, dear one; this they will come to see." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=778616] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7787/778616_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Her crest flickered happily, his sweet words lightening her mood quickly, as they always do. "What brings you to the council room during an intervention, love? You are not usually one to interrupt." His body against hers sighed heavily, and his crest fluttered down. Oooh, not something good then. "Apologies, my dear. There is news, I'm afraid." He reached a claw under his mantle and withdrew a couple slips of parchment. Handing them over to her, Desiera looked over both quickly. They were notes, it seemed; they were very similar in content, but one read as much more aggressive, nay, [i]threatening[/i], than the other. "What is..." "These notes both were sent out from a Clan situated near Windstar Bay. Some agents in the area have confirmed that a variety of them have been sent to all sorts of Arcane Clans. Further investigations revealed it to be concerning a lost or kidnapped hatchling. An agent just reported back in that a reply had been received, and it would appear that the Clan it was addressed to received one of the more assertive versions... Hostilities are brewing." Des wilted a bit as well, and the wing around her reacted to hug her tighter. "Not again." She muttered. "I am sorry." He sounded so saddened, guilty even, as if the trouble had actually been all his fault. The sweet galoot. Her head curled up to nuzzle at his. "It was not your doing my love, and you did well to bring it to my attention now." He brightened a bit, but still looked unsure, so she pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. "I will see to it now, and let's just hope something can be done before it gets out of claw." He nodded, and then retracted his wings so that she could stretch her own out, and they both jumped into flight together, heading for the Airstep Sanctum. ----- "So it's going to be a repeat of last year, but with different circumstances, is it?" Desiera's crest flickered slightly at the idea, Alaster trilling softly at her back in concern, but she held her back straight as she looked up at the other Fae crawling along the ceiling of the mostly dark cave. "... I do so hope not." She called up, as the darker one reached the large, faintly glowing growth of crystals that hung down from above like a great shining stalactite. The other clicked her claws against the crystal a few times, looking into it's depths, before she let go of the ceiling rock and fluttered down to the stone spire that rose just below it. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=671478] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/6715/671478_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Small motes of fire curled to life and snuffed themselves out, ever cycling, around the dark Fae as she perched above the two white Fae, who waited below. She looked over them in silence for another moment before she elected to speak again. "Are we sending out a call then? The Ninjas can assemble at a moment in order to investigate further." "While I wish that there was not a need for it, if this does escalate as quickly as the situation before did, we would be prudent to have our people in the area and at the ready." The dark one looked up at the crystal cluster hanging above her, the mask and hat on her head mostly obscuring her face and frills from sight. Silence reigned again for more than a few moments, before she spoke softly again. "... We are still missing a Stepper from last time." Desiera flinched hard at the reminder, shrinking down as Alaster flitted forward, crooning softly into her ear. His attempt at comfort did not help, not this time. Because it was true. A lost Stepper. It was her responsibility. Stepper Black--no, Ciaram BlackClaw, had been assigned to watch over the Observatory last year, after the whole fiasco with that Skydancer being kidnapped and the kerfuffle that surrounded that. He was just supposed to stay there for a little while, a few months at most, to begin with. But a couple of his observations had prompted his mission to be extended, once, twice... And then, for no explicable reason, he stopped reporting in. And when they tried to contact him, the line went fuzzy and would quickly break. They had sent small recovery teams, she doesn't even know how many times anymore, but they would all come back with nothing. He had simply disappeared, as far as they could understand. MIA. His family tribe had not been pleased. Zenoba was... livid was a tame word to call it. They were lucky Vevard was able to talk her down, or else something terrible could have happened. Still, a level of trust with the BlackClaws had been lost that day, and was yet to be recovered. The Ninjas had taken it hard as well, maybe Laeira most of all. Her dark friend held her duty to the Ninjas in high regard, and the loss of such a talented subordinate had hurt her. She felt responsible for his disappearance as well. Not to mention that other schisms from within the Clan proper had put even more strains on their long friendship; at this point, Desiera couldn't honestly be sure what Laeira was thinking anymore. But they had to move on. That was important too. "Maybe, by sending most of our numbers into the area, we may find some clues as to his whereabouts as well." The 'if he still lives' remained unsaid, they both heard it anyway. Laeira continued to stare up at the crystal, the Lodestone of the Ninjas, before she gave a soft hum. "I shall send out the call." Desiera sighed. "Thank you, my friend. Well wishes." As she turned, along with her mate, to leave the cave, she was left with silence at her back as Laeira reached up to settle her claws against the crystal. As the Lodestone started to glow brighter, Laeira hummed a low mournful tune, the fire motes that floated all around her burning low and slow.
I meant to try and post this days ago, but thanks to RL and Whisper Skipper keeping me busy, my free time has been really limited! SO, here is some insight into the Airstep Ninjas, from two days ago! ;D

Just a day in the life of Clan Head, Desiera thought to herself as a couple of the younger Dragons squabbled over petty gathering rights. This bauble, that chest, and on and on and on...

The sudden clawtip at her elbow was a welcome distraction.

Twisting her long neck to look only slightly to her side, she had to try and maintain some semblance of attention to the argument before her after all, she saw that it was her sweet seraph knight, dearest Alaster, mate of her heart. His full attention was on her, but he had yet to make a sound; he knew he couldn't interrupt Lair politics, just as she knew he wouldn't have been there if it wasn't extremely important.

"Enough." Despite her voice being small, like her body, it had always held sway in these pillars, and the squabblers quickly fell silent. "Each of you may claim a trophy for yourselves from the collective gather." They looked to start speaking again, wanting to argue more, but her crest snapped open sharply, stopping them before they could start.

"You should know well that gathering is for the Cluster, the whole of it. If you don't, you learn it now. Everything goes to the collective of us all, so that we may all benefit and thrive. Be thankful you are being allowed your favourite pieces for yourselves." She cast a critical eye over them both, and their stances wilted a bit.

"Now then, once you have chosen, back to your pillars. There is still work that needs doing before the day is through." It was a clear dismissal, and the two Dragons beat a repeat, sulking slightly.

Once they were out of sight, Desiera slouched suddenly at her perch, leaning heavily into Alaster's strong side with a sigh. "Young ones these days, I don't know where they are getting these notions from. So selfish! Am I just getting too old, my love?"

He curled his wide, shining wings behind her back, holder her close. "Aged only in strength and kindness, to stand strong against the tides. Your guidance is valuable to the Clan, dear one; this they will come to see."

Her crest flickered happily, his sweet words lightening her mood quickly, as they always do. "What brings you to the council room during an intervention, love? You are not usually one to interrupt."

His body against hers sighed heavily, and his crest fluttered down. Oooh, not something good then.

"Apologies, my dear. There is news, I'm afraid."

He reached a claw under his mantle and withdrew a couple slips of parchment. Handing them over to her, Desiera looked over both quickly. They were notes, it seemed; they were very similar in content, but one read as much more aggressive, nay, threatening, than the other.

"What is..."

"These notes both were sent out from a Clan situated near Windstar Bay. Some agents in the area have confirmed that a variety of them have been sent to all sorts of Arcane Clans. Further investigations revealed it to be concerning a lost or kidnapped hatchling. An agent just reported back in that a reply had been received, and it would appear that the Clan it was addressed to received one of the more assertive versions... Hostilities are brewing."

Des wilted a bit as well, and the wing around her reacted to hug her tighter. "Not again." She muttered.

"I am sorry." He sounded so saddened, guilty even, as if the trouble had actually been all his fault. The sweet galoot. Her head curled up to nuzzle at his.

"It was not your doing my love, and you did well to bring it to my attention now." He brightened a bit, but still looked unsure, so she pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. "I will see to it now, and let's just hope something can be done before it gets out of claw."

He nodded, and then retracted his wings so that she could stretch her own out, and they both jumped into flight together, heading for the Airstep Sanctum.

"So it's going to be a repeat of last year, but with different circumstances, is it?"

Desiera's crest flickered slightly at the idea, Alaster trilling softly at her back in concern, but she held her back straight as she looked up at the other Fae crawling along the ceiling of the mostly dark cave.

"... I do so hope not." She called up, as the darker one reached the large, faintly glowing growth of crystals that hung down from above like a great shining stalactite. The other clicked her claws against the crystal a few times, looking into it's depths, before she let go of the ceiling rock and fluttered down to the stone spire that rose just below it.

Small motes of fire curled to life and snuffed themselves out, ever cycling, around the dark Fae as she perched above the two white Fae, who waited below. She looked over them in silence for another moment before she elected to speak again. "Are we sending out a call then? The Ninjas can assemble at a moment in order to investigate further."

"While I wish that there was not a need for it, if this does escalate as quickly as the situation before did, we would be prudent to have our people in the area and at the ready."

The dark one looked up at the crystal cluster hanging above her, the mask and hat on her head mostly obscuring her face and frills from sight. Silence reigned again for more than a few moments, before she spoke softly again. "... We are still missing a Stepper from last time."

Desiera flinched hard at the reminder, shrinking down as Alaster flitted forward, crooning softly into her ear. His attempt at comfort did not help, not this time. Because it was true. A lost Stepper. It was her responsibility.

Stepper Black--no, Ciaram BlackClaw, had been assigned to watch over the Observatory last year, after the whole fiasco with that Skydancer being kidnapped and the kerfuffle that surrounded that. He was just supposed to stay there for a little while, a few months at most, to begin with. But a couple of his observations had prompted his mission to be extended, once, twice... And then, for no explicable reason, he stopped reporting in. And when they tried to contact him, the line went fuzzy and would quickly break.

They had sent small recovery teams, she doesn't even know how many times anymore, but they would all come back with nothing. He had simply disappeared, as far as they could understand. MIA.

His family tribe had not been pleased. Zenoba was... livid was a tame word to call it. They were lucky Vevard was able to talk her down, or else something terrible could have happened. Still, a level of trust with the BlackClaws had been lost that day, and was yet to be recovered.

The Ninjas had taken it hard as well, maybe Laeira most of all. Her dark friend held her duty to the Ninjas in high regard, and the loss of such a talented subordinate had hurt her. She felt responsible for his disappearance as well. Not to mention that other schisms from within the Clan proper had put even more strains on their long friendship; at this point, Desiera couldn't honestly be sure what Laeira was thinking anymore.

But they had to move on. That was important too. "Maybe, by sending most of our numbers into the area, we may find some clues as to his whereabouts as well." The 'if he still lives' remained unsaid, they both heard it anyway.

Laeira continued to stare up at the crystal, the Lodestone of the Ninjas, before she gave a soft hum. "I shall send out the call."

Desiera sighed. "Thank you, my friend. Well wishes."

As she turned, along with her mate, to leave the cave, she was left with silence at her back as Laeira reached up to settle her claws against the crystal. As the Lodestone started to glow brighter, Laeira hummed a low mournful tune, the fire motes that floated all around her burning low and slow.
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
@DRagonpuff Great addition!! Thank you! Wouldn;t be battle of the bay without you here :-) getting ready to post Day 6 right now!
@DRagonpuff Great addition!! Thank you! Wouldn;t be battle of the bay without you here :-) getting ready to post Day 6 right now!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/a33bafa061ba17c561326c107f03ae00/tumblr_inline_nw879q7CvA1rossdx_540.png[/img] [right]~~~ Stories by @Paintminion @emzynai[/right] [right]Illustrated by @BitterBitter[/right] Hovering high over the Bay, Siltaria’s attention was suddenly drawn away from the tiny figure of Arcanati by a young Spiral winding his way through the air towards her. Although he seemed to be in a hurry, he did not seem hostile. She awaited him tensely as she was unsure of what his motive could be. Finally he was within speaking distance, and panted out, ”An urgent message for Siltaria of Siltaria Lair, I was told I’d find you here.” Siltaria glanced back towards where she had last seen the wayward Arcane hatchling before answering. “That would be me. What is the message?” “I’d afraid I got a bit lost and have arrived too late…” he began, but reached her the tarried piece of parchment anyway. “It’s, uh, from Cadence.” Siltaria plucked the message from his clawtips and raised an eyebrow. He was clearly quite new to this. She unfolded the message, wondering if the Arcane clan leader was offering a surrender. Her eyes grew wide as she read. To whom it may concern, Someone small and rambunctious who doesn’t belong in your clan may have arrived in your lair today. If this is the case, please let us know and we’ll come take him off your hands! We also have a little visitor in our lair. Perhaps she should be taken home as well? Cordially, Cadence Siltaria re-read the missive time and time again. “How late did you say this was?” she asked, already fearing the answer. “Um, I’m not quite sure M’am, sorry. I figure a few days. Or maybe less. I’m really not sure.” The anxious young dragon was tying himself in knots, stumbling over his words. “I am afraid you really are much too late. I will try to find Cadence now and speak with her.” Siltaria ended any chance for further conversation with a dare-devil dive into the Arcane dominated side of the Bay. It still didn’t make sense. If Cadence’s first message had been so kindly worded, why had the clan replied aggressively to her similarly polite tone? There must be a piece of the story missing, and she intended to find out what it was. [center] ####### [/center] When Cadence saw a Wind clan leader bearing down towards her she braced herself for the worst. To her surprise, the other Skydancer pulled up just short of her and stopped. Lifting her front talons up in a gesture of peace, she entreated Cadence to let her approach closer. “Cadence?” The dragon had a kind voice, Cadence thought. She would likely speak sense, and Cadence would listen to that. She nodded the affirmative. “Thank goodness I’ve found you! I am Siltaria, and I am beginning to this that a very serious misunderstanding has been had.” “And why is that?” Cadence asked her steadily, intrigued. “Your messages to us were all quite clear, although the handwriting was terrible.” Many emotions seemed to flicker over Siltaria’s face. “You wouldn’t happen to have those correspondences with you, would you?” she asked at last. Cadence pulled the scraps of parchment from a pouch around her waist and handed them to Siltaria. The Wind leader seemed just as shocked as Cadence herself had been upon first reading the messages. “But… this ISN’T what I dictated!” she exclaimed, and began rummaging through her own belt pouch. She freed a small paper and handed it to Cadence. “This is the original.” As she registered the words written in Siltaria’s swooping hand, the situation became painfully clear. Cadence nearly laughed. “Oh dear Arcanist,” she sighed. “We both only wanted our children back, but the messages got caught up down the line. And this,” she gestured at the general chaos around them, “is the result.” They floated together for a moment, observing the Battle, the only two secure in the knowledge of what had really caused this momentous brawl. Siltaria broke the silence first. “One question,” she conceded. “Arcanati told us that ‘Darwin took her’. Who is this Darwin?” Cadence was startled out of her reverie. She gazed at Siltaria questioningly for a moment as she processed the words. “Darwin! Why, Darwin is Arcanati’s father. He took up the little tyke when we found his egg just outside a clearing in the forest along the border,” she answered. “Nimbus came to him when he was calling for Arcanati. He didn’t notice until they arrived back at the lair.” “I don’t blame him. They look shockingly similar. Speaking of which… By the Windsinger! Arcanati snuck out and into the battle! We must find-” Darwin suddenly spiralled into view, and Cadence reached out her tail to balance him. “Nimbus,” he wheezed, out of breath from his wind journey. “She snuck out of the lair. She’s here, Cadence.” he stopped speaking as he noticed the stranger. Cadence sighed and filled him in on the situation. They understood each other immediately and struck out in all directions to search for the two missing hatchlings. [center] ####### [/center] Arcanati flew from clan to clan, always hiding behind some large dragon to ensure that no one would send him back. He was slowly but surely making his way across the Bay. For her part, Nimbus was also moving along. Darting through the fighting dragons’ blind spots, she twirled and looped elegantly towards the Wind occupied area. [IMG]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss155/paintminion/day_4_by_bitter_bitter-d9gfi11_zpscjjav3jq.png[/IMG] They were both paying so much attention to remaining unseen that when they reached the middle of the Bay, they nearly bumped heads. Frantically stopping at the last moment, they looked up into the eyes of their twin, which though of different shades, were mirrors of shock. “You!” they exclaimed in unison, and began to laugh, the trials of the previous days all but forgotten. The fighting around them faded into the background as they flew down lower and lower to land on the water. In the excited gibbering voices of hatchlings, they talked about all they had seen in the other flight. Nimbus spoke fondly of Darwin. Arcanati praised the food and music. Nimbus wanted to know if he liked her room. He did. Arcanati wanted to hear about the experiments she had done. There hadn’t been any. He exclaimed his disappointment. They floated along gently over the waves of the Bay, the water still practically untouched by the spells that collided high above their heads. The two hatchlings swore that when they got home, they would visit one another constantly, and be the best of friends. Surely, Siltaria and Darwin would be all for it! [center] ####### [/center]
tumblr_inline_nw879q7CvA1rossdx_540.png
~~~ Stories by @Paintminion @emzynai
Illustrated by @BitterBitter

Hovering high over the Bay, Siltaria’s attention was suddenly drawn away from the tiny figure of Arcanati by a young Spiral winding his way through the air towards her. Although he seemed to be in a hurry, he did not seem hostile. She awaited him tensely as she was unsure of what his motive could be.

Finally he was within speaking distance, and panted out, ”An urgent message for Siltaria of Siltaria Lair, I was told I’d find you here.”

Siltaria glanced back towards where she had last seen the wayward Arcane hatchling before answering. “That would be me. What is the message?”

“I’d afraid I got a bit lost and have arrived too late…” he began, but reached her the tarried piece of parchment anyway. “It’s, uh, from Cadence.”

Siltaria plucked the message from his clawtips and raised an eyebrow. He was clearly quite new to this. She unfolded the message, wondering if the Arcane clan leader was offering a surrender. Her eyes grew wide as she read.

To whom it may concern,

Someone small and rambunctious who doesn’t belong in your clan may have arrived in your lair today. If this is the case, please let us know and we’ll come take him off your hands! We also have a little visitor in our lair. Perhaps she should be taken home as well?

Cordially,

Cadence

Siltaria re-read the missive time and time again.

“How late did you say this was?” she asked, already fearing the answer.

“Um, I’m not quite sure M’am, sorry. I figure a few days. Or maybe less. I’m really not sure.” The anxious young dragon was tying himself in knots, stumbling over his words.

“I am afraid you really are much too late. I will try to find Cadence now and speak with her.”

Siltaria ended any chance for further conversation with a dare-devil dive into the Arcane dominated side of the Bay. It still didn’t make sense. If Cadence’s first message had been so kindly worded, why had the clan replied aggressively to her similarly polite tone? There must be a piece of the story missing, and she intended to find out what it was.

#######

When Cadence saw a Wind clan leader bearing down towards her she braced herself for the worst. To her surprise, the other Skydancer pulled up just short of her and stopped. Lifting her front talons up in a gesture of peace, she entreated Cadence to let her approach closer.

“Cadence?”

The dragon had a kind voice, Cadence thought. She would likely speak sense, and Cadence would listen to that. She nodded the affirmative.

“Thank goodness I’ve found you! I am Siltaria, and I am beginning to this that a very serious misunderstanding has been had.”

“And why is that?” Cadence asked her steadily, intrigued. “Your messages to us were all quite clear, although the handwriting was terrible.”

Many emotions seemed to flicker over Siltaria’s face.

“You wouldn’t happen to have those correspondences with you, would you?” she asked at last.

Cadence pulled the scraps of parchment from a pouch around her waist and handed them to Siltaria. The Wind leader seemed just as shocked as Cadence herself had been upon first reading the messages.

“But… this ISN’T what I dictated!” she exclaimed, and began rummaging through her own belt pouch. She freed a small paper and handed it to Cadence.

“This is the original.”

As she registered the words written in Siltaria’s swooping hand, the situation became painfully clear. Cadence nearly laughed.

“Oh dear Arcanist,” she sighed. “We both only wanted our children back, but the messages got caught up down the line. And this,” she gestured at the general chaos around them, “is the result.”

They floated together for a moment, observing the Battle, the only two secure in the knowledge of what had really caused this momentous brawl. Siltaria broke the silence first.

“One question,” she conceded. “Arcanati told us that ‘Darwin took her’. Who is this Darwin?”

Cadence was startled out of her reverie. She gazed at Siltaria questioningly for a moment as she processed the words.

“Darwin! Why, Darwin is Arcanati’s father. He took up the little tyke when we found his egg just outside a clearing in the forest along the border,” she answered. “Nimbus came to him when he was calling for Arcanati. He didn’t notice until they arrived back at the lair.”

“I don’t blame him. They look shockingly similar. Speaking of which… By the Windsinger! Arcanati snuck out and into the battle! We must find-”

Darwin suddenly spiralled into view, and Cadence reached out her tail to balance him.

“Nimbus,” he wheezed, out of breath from his wind journey. “She snuck out of the lair. She’s here, Cadence.” he stopped speaking as he noticed the stranger.

Cadence sighed and filled him in on the situation. They understood each other immediately and struck out in all directions to search for the two missing hatchlings.

#######

Arcanati flew from clan to clan, always hiding behind some large dragon to ensure that no one would send him back. He was slowly but surely making his way across the Bay.

For her part, Nimbus was also moving along. Darting through the fighting dragons’ blind spots, she twirled and looped elegantly towards the Wind occupied area.

day_4_by_bitter_bitter-d9gfi11_zpscjjav3jq.png

They were both paying so much attention to remaining unseen that when they reached the middle of the Bay, they nearly bumped heads. Frantically stopping at the last moment, they looked up into the eyes of their twin, which though of different shades, were mirrors of shock.

“You!” they exclaimed in unison, and began to laugh, the trials of the previous days all but forgotten. The fighting around them faded into the background as they flew down lower and lower to land on the water.

In the excited gibbering voices of hatchlings, they talked about all they had seen in the other flight. Nimbus spoke fondly of Darwin. Arcanati praised the food and music. Nimbus wanted to know if he liked her room. He did. Arcanati wanted to hear about the experiments she had done. There hadn’t been any. He exclaimed his disappointment. They floated along gently over the waves of the Bay, the water still practically untouched by the spells that collided high above their heads. The two hatchlings swore that when they got home, they would visit one another constantly, and be the best of friends. Surely, Siltaria and Darwin would be all for it!

#######

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[b]"FOR ARCANE!"[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15565246] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/155653/15565246_350.png[/img] [/url] Kaya spun through the air, struggling with a Wind Guardian. Her wings buffeted the air as she tried to snatch herself out of free-fall, but it was useless. The Guardian used his pure strength to slam her towards Starwind Bay… The Aequitas lair, the lair of justice, had joined only because Wind had kidnapped an Arcane hatchling. But why would Wind do something like that? Kaya struggled to think as the Guardian clamped its crushing jaws around her throat. [i]There's…something….missing….urgh[/i] [b]WHAM![/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15961689] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/159617/15961689_350.png[/img] [/url] A shape rammed into the Guardian, sending him hurtling out of orbit. "Kaya, are you okay?" Kaya struggled to comprehend her bleeding throat and the mulberry Spiral now supporting her, both of them hovering mere inches away from the foamy waters of the bay. "I'm bleeding to death!" She croaked. "But other than that, I'm totally fine." Arete floated next to her, her sharp magenta eyes catching the outlines of the clashing clans. [i]Justice must be served,[/i] she thought. Those kidnappers! How dare they take a little hatchling away from his home? It was pure injustice, and injustice could not be tolerated. Arete had learned this since she was small, and she'd upheld it all her life. Yet Justice….could not be served if no wrong had been done…. "Arete…" Kaya's wings dipped dangerously close to the bay. "Don't you feel -- " Arete's eyes narrowed. "That something's not right? You're correct about that. There are fragments missing from this story." "And what will happen if we can't find them in time?" Arete stared steadily at the fight above. Several meters away, water foamed and flew as a Mirror dragon crashed into the bay. "Need more be said? The blood of innocents will flow, turning the waters scarlet with the guilt of foul play. Souls will be taken, and a scar between the flights will remain forever." Kaya's blood dripped down into the water and she watched the drop separate into silky strands before dissolving. "This needs to stop." She said in a faint voice. "We need…to…" "It's too late for the tide to turn." Arete murmured. "For us, at least. But there [i]is[/i] someone out there who can stop this before we all perish." Her eyes focused on the silhouettes of two small Faes. "[i]Two[/i] someones, actually…." Kaya struggled to stay conscious as Arete casted an Aid spell on her. "And if they should fail?" Arete's eyes flickered as she continued her spell. "Then I suppose we shall all die."
"FOR ARCANE!"

15565246_350.png

Kaya spun through the air, struggling with a Wind Guardian. Her wings buffeted the air as she tried to snatch herself out of free-fall, but it was useless. The Guardian used his pure strength to slam her towards Starwind Bay…

The Aequitas lair, the lair of justice, had joined only because Wind had kidnapped an Arcane hatchling. But why would Wind do something like that? Kaya struggled to think as the Guardian clamped its crushing jaws around her throat. There's…something….missing….urgh

WHAM!

15961689_350.png

A shape rammed into the Guardian, sending him hurtling out of orbit. "Kaya, are you okay?"

Kaya struggled to comprehend her bleeding throat and the mulberry Spiral now supporting her, both of them hovering mere inches away from the foamy waters of the bay. "I'm bleeding to death!" She croaked. "But other than that, I'm totally fine."

Arete floated next to her, her sharp magenta eyes catching the outlines of the clashing clans. Justice must be served, she thought. Those kidnappers! How dare they take a little hatchling away from his home? It was pure injustice, and injustice could not be tolerated. Arete had learned this since she was small, and she'd upheld it all her life.

Yet Justice….could not be served if no wrong had been done….

"Arete…" Kaya's wings dipped dangerously close to the bay. "Don't you feel -- "

Arete's eyes narrowed. "That something's not right? You're correct about that. There are fragments missing from this story."

"And what will happen if we can't find them in time?"

Arete stared steadily at the fight above. Several meters away, water foamed and flew as a Mirror dragon crashed into the bay. "Need more be said? The blood of innocents will flow, turning the waters scarlet with the guilt of foul play. Souls will be taken, and a scar between the flights will remain forever."

Kaya's blood dripped down into the water and she watched the drop separate into silky strands before dissolving. "This needs to stop." She said in a faint voice. "We need…to…"

"It's too late for the tide to turn." Arete murmured. "For us, at least. But there is someone out there who can stop this before we all perish." Her eyes focused on the silhouettes of two small Faes. "Two someones, actually…."

Kaya struggled to stay conscious as Arete casted an Aid spell on her. "And if they should fail?"

Arete's eyes flickered as she continued her spell. "Then I suppose we shall all die."
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
[columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3872961] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38730/3872961_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [size=5][color=magenta]S[/size][/color]hiira, matriarch of the Dogrose Drifters barely fluttered a fan as [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13130736]Selene [/url]brought word of her hatchlings demise at the claws of the Wind clans. "They served their deity, there is no greater honour one could ask for one's children." Selene personally had a different opinion, which if why she and her mate [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6285655]Darren[/url] were never planning on hatching any nests. Once the nocturne had departed back into the fray Shiira turned to her apprentice, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6051997]Serah[/url]. "Prepare the golems and gather more bones, for each pound of our flesh they take, we shall extract a tonne." [/columns] [columns][size=5][color=green]R[/size][/color]yidyel ducked a lunge made by a particularly acrobatic fae, a determined flap of his brown wings sent him back far enough to snap out his long neck and take the fae's tail within his jaws, a flick of his head and the other dragon was thrown back into the melee. His daughter, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7193633]Nikolix[/url] hovered at his side as they enjoyed a brief moment of of repose from the battle. "Isn't this hard for you father?" She asked, arcane lightning cracking from her metal claws. "Because I was born in wind?" Ryidyel shrugged, rising a few few before dropping again, "my clan are long gone and I have lived with your mother in the Starwood for more years then I can count." "But-" "I fought in the first Battle of Starwind, long before you were born. Many perished but the world carried on. That is the warriors hope Nik, we may fall but the sun still rises." [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3771290] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/37713/3771290_350.png[/img] [/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3984039] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/39841/3984039_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [size=5][color=gold]M[/size][/color]aplelee and his mate [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11801008]Happenstance[/url] watched the battle from a distance. The wind fae sat nestled between his front paws and they silently witnessed the slaughter. All of this over some hatchlings? There were conflicting tales from either sides of what exactly had happened, but it seemed to boil down to two clans taking children from the opposing side. "Shouldn't we be helping the wounded?" Happy asked, her frills drooping low, Lee dipped his head and nosed her back between her wings. "The arcane soldiers might mistake you for their enemy, all we can do is witness this for those that come after. I'm sorry my love." [/columns]

3872961_350.png
Shiira, matriarch of the Dogrose Drifters barely fluttered a fan as Selene brought word of her hatchlings demise at the claws of the Wind clans. "They served their deity, there is no greater honour one could ask for one's children." Selene personally had a different opinion, which if why she and her mate Darren were never planning on hatching any nests. Once the nocturne had departed back into the fray Shiira turned to her apprentice, Serah.

"Prepare the golems and gather more bones, for each pound of our flesh they take, we shall extract a tonne."
Ryidyel ducked a lunge made by a particularly acrobatic fae, a determined flap of his brown wings sent him back far enough to snap out his long neck and take the fae's tail within his jaws, a flick of his head and the other dragon was thrown back into the melee.

His daughter, Nikolix hovered at his side as they enjoyed a brief moment of of repose from the battle. "Isn't this hard for you father?" She asked, arcane lightning cracking from her metal claws.

"Because I was born in wind?" Ryidyel shrugged, rising a few few before dropping again, "my clan are long gone and I have lived with your mother in the Starwood for more years then I can count."

"But-"

"I fought in the first Battle of Starwind, long before you were born. Many perished but the world carried on. That is the warriors hope Nik, we may fall but the sun still rises."

3771290_350.png

3984039_350.png
Maplelee and his mate Happenstance watched the battle from a distance. The wind fae sat nestled between his front paws and they silently witnessed the slaughter. All of this over some hatchlings? There were conflicting tales from either sides of what exactly had happened, but it seemed to boil down to two clans taking children from the opposing side.

"Shouldn't we be helping the wounded?" Happy asked, her frills drooping low, Lee dipped his head and nosed her back between her wings.

"The arcane soldiers might mistake you for their enemy, all we can do is witness this for those that come after. I'm sorry my love."

the stars
shine only at night

+8 hours ahead
of FR time
oaONRiZ.png ppOvqXN.png 5bqvdk.png
[center][img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/1af85dc722faf071c5f5242f80d1addc/tumblr_inline_nw879rsb8O1rossdx_540.png[/img][/center] [right]~~~ Stories by @Paintminion @emzynai Illustrated by @BitterBitter[/right] It was as if they were soaking up the sun on the beach, Arcanati thought in the peaceful silence that settled between himself and his sister. Floating on the water, speaking only when they wanted to, and of wonderful things to do in the future. Together. Nimbus cleared her throat. “This battle has been going on for ages now,” she stated awkwardly. “I don’t like it one bit.” They sank into silence once again. “What can we do about it though?” Arcanati heatedly whispered after a moment or two. “They’ve all gone completely mad with battle rage.” Nimbus agreed, wholeheartedly. “I don’t know,” she admitted, “But I think we have to own up. This is about us. We started this, and we should end it.” “They won’t hear anything we say…” Arcanati began, loath to leave the fuzzy comfort of the lilting waves. “Then we will show them!” his sister declared, and grasped one of his front claws in hers. “Let’s fly up where they can all see us.” “I think I get the plan!” the mischievous glint that had been missing for so long finally returned to Arcanati’s eyes as he shook water droplets from his crest. “Let’s go!” They rose straight up, ignoring the other dragons as much as they could, moving in a clear straight line. It was an enormous contrast to the milling about and wild flying happening all over the Bay. Soon, they could see the empty sky not too far above them, where the air was free of spells and dragons. They broke through the battle lines and continued to ascend, not failing to notice the slowing of the maelstrom around them. The dragons nearest to them stopped first. Their initial confusion at seeing two hatchlings in the midst of the battle was replaced by concern, and they stopped fighting to raise their eyes to the two small dragons. The watchful gazes spread throughout the Bay like waves across a pond, and soon everyone was looking at them. The winds died down and the spells were stopped. For a moment, it seemed to the two hatchlings as if the very Bay itself were holding its breath. Now that they had drawn all this attention to themselves, they were cowed. What was it they’d meant to do? What could they hope to achieve, just the two of them, against these hundreds of others? Thousands even? They stared at each other helplessly, as though the other would have the answer. They were starting to lose their audience, when suddenly two of the dragons below started towards them at top speed. "NIMBUS!" "ARCANATI!" Darwin and Siltaria had been meticulously searching opposite sides of the Bay when the fighting had come to a standstill. Looking up they had spotted their children simultaneously. Darwin hadn't known that he was capable of flying at the speed that he achieved easily after seeing Arcanati. Siltaria pushed others aside to get to the young ones to keep them safe. Nimbus and Arcanati clung together in the air as their guardians approached. "Somehow... I don't think they're going to be too happy after all," Nimbus mumbled. Arcanati only nodded and braced himself. To their surprise, Siltaria and Darwin arrived beside them and gathered them into a hug in mid-air. "Both hatchlings have been found!" Siltaria shouted happily down to all who could hear. She and Darwin gently released the small faes and began their descent. Many dragons were already landing on the beaches or water. The violent gusts of wind had died down and a gauzy shimmer was the only remaining trace of the extensive spells that had been used. Unfortunately, the battle had been fierce. Although a feeling of elation that the fighting was over was prevalent throughout the clans, there were many injured dragons who needed immediate help. Those skilled in healing had their hands full, flying up and down the beach to offer aid. Siltaria was standing near the water with Darwin and Cadence. Windsong had followed them as they came down from the sky, and joined them. Their faces played through a complex range of emotions as they watched the two hatchlings sitting in the sand by their feet. As Cadence opened her mouth to perhaps remonstrate the two, two enormous, winding shadows fell across the scene and stopped on the two young dragons holding hands and dejectedly scuffing their feet in the sand. That was when the gentle breeze swirled around them in a vortex of sand. The two young dragons glowed with a pale pinkish light as they looked about them wildly. Everyone around them hushed in an awed silence. Windsong smiled and spoke loudly for all to hear, “A sign from the deities! These two are blessed by both Windsinger AND the Arcanist! Let our hostilities end and be friends and neighbors again!” HIgh high above, on the edge of space, @Windsinger and @Arcanist looked down upon the the two armies as they slowly went their separate ways. “@Arcanist, nice sparkly glow with the sand there.” “Dang straight it was good, but I was hoping it would come out more purpley, @Windsinger. I need to go consult my notes again. You watch over our young ones there.” “I think they will do fine, nothing will separate them again. We did some good here, this was fun! Skip the notes and come party for a bit.” @Windsinger flipped on his back and stretched out. “Bah, go party and leave me alone, I am needed at the Observatory…” and the @Arcanist simply dropped in a freefall towards his beloved Observatory though @Windsinger caught @Arcanist saying “mumble mumble purple mumble save the world mumble finally hear myself think….” [center][img]http://media.tumblr.com/fc5929ce592930d05c81a6a599273db0/tumblr_inline_nl86qpmGJL1r9ywrd.png[/img][/center] [right](Art by @Georgieanna)[/right] [center][b]~~ The End ~~[/b][/center]
tumblr_inline_nw879rsb8O1rossdx_540.png
~~~ Stories by @Paintminion @emzynai
Illustrated by @BitterBitter

It was as if they were soaking up the sun on the beach, Arcanati thought in the peaceful silence that settled between himself and his sister. Floating on the water, speaking only when they wanted to, and of wonderful things to do in the future. Together.

Nimbus cleared her throat. “This battle has been going on for ages now,” she stated awkwardly. “I don’t like it one bit.”

They sank into silence once again.

“What can we do about it though?” Arcanati heatedly whispered after a moment or two. “They’ve all gone completely mad with battle rage.”

Nimbus agreed, wholeheartedly. “I don’t know,” she admitted, “But I think we have to own up. This is about us. We started this, and we should end it.”

“They won’t hear anything we say…” Arcanati began, loath to leave the fuzzy comfort of the lilting waves.

“Then we will show them!” his sister declared, and grasped one of his front claws in hers. “Let’s fly up where they can all see us.”

“I think I get the plan!” the mischievous glint that had been missing for so long finally returned to Arcanati’s eyes as he shook water droplets from his crest. “Let’s go!”

They rose straight up, ignoring the other dragons as much as they could, moving in a clear straight line. It was an enormous contrast to the milling about and wild flying happening all over the Bay. Soon, they could see the empty sky not too far above them, where the air was free of spells and dragons. They broke through the battle lines and continued to ascend, not failing to notice the slowing of the maelstrom around them.

The dragons nearest to them stopped first. Their initial confusion at seeing two hatchlings in the midst of the battle was replaced by concern, and they stopped fighting to raise their eyes to the two small dragons. The watchful gazes spread throughout the Bay like waves across a pond, and soon everyone was looking at them. The winds died down and the spells were stopped.

For a moment, it seemed to the two hatchlings as if the very Bay itself were holding its breath. Now that they had drawn all this attention to themselves, they were cowed. What was it they’d meant to do? What could they hope to achieve, just the two of them, against these hundreds of others? Thousands even? They stared at each other helplessly, as though the other would have the answer. They were starting to lose their audience, when suddenly two of the dragons below started towards them at top speed.

"NIMBUS!"

"ARCANATI!"

Darwin and Siltaria had been meticulously searching opposite sides of the Bay when the fighting had come to a standstill. Looking up they had spotted their children simultaneously. Darwin hadn't known that he was capable of flying at the speed that he achieved easily after seeing Arcanati. Siltaria pushed others aside to get to the young ones to keep them safe.

Nimbus and Arcanati clung together in the air as their guardians approached.

"Somehow... I don't think they're going to be too happy after all," Nimbus mumbled. Arcanati only nodded and braced himself.

To their surprise, Siltaria and Darwin arrived beside them and gathered them into a hug in mid-air.

"Both hatchlings have been found!" Siltaria shouted happily down to all who could hear. She and Darwin gently released the small faes and began their descent. Many dragons were already landing on the beaches or water. The violent gusts of wind had died down and a gauzy shimmer was the only remaining trace of the extensive spells that had been used.

Unfortunately, the battle had been fierce. Although a feeling of elation that the fighting was over was prevalent throughout the clans, there were many injured dragons who needed immediate help. Those skilled in healing had their hands full, flying up and down the beach to offer aid.

Siltaria was standing near the water with Darwin and Cadence. Windsong had followed them as they came down from the sky, and joined them. Their faces played through a complex range of emotions as they watched the two hatchlings sitting in the sand by their feet.

As Cadence opened her mouth to perhaps remonstrate the two, two enormous, winding shadows fell across the scene and stopped on the two young dragons holding hands and dejectedly scuffing their feet in the sand. That was when the gentle breeze swirled around them in a vortex of sand. The two young dragons glowed with a pale pinkish light as they looked about them wildly. Everyone around them hushed in an awed silence.

Windsong smiled and spoke loudly for all to hear, “A sign from the deities! These two are blessed by both Windsinger AND the Arcanist! Let our hostilities end and be friends and neighbors again!”

HIgh high above, on the edge of space, @Windsinger and @Arcanist looked down upon the the two armies as they slowly went their separate ways.

“@Arcanist, nice sparkly glow with the sand there.”

“Dang straight it was good, but I was hoping it would come out more purpley, @Windsinger. I need to go consult my notes again. You watch over our young ones there.”

“I think they will do fine, nothing will separate them again. We did some good here, this was fun! Skip the notes and come party for a bit.” @Windsinger flipped on his back and stretched out.

“Bah, go party and leave me alone, I am needed at the Observatory…” and the @Arcanist simply dropped in a freefall towards his beloved Observatory though @Windsinger caught @Arcanist saying “mumble mumble purple mumble save the world mumble finally hear myself think….”

tumblr_inline_nl86qpmGJL1r9ywrd.png
(Art by @Georgieanna)

~~ The End ~~
Feel free to add your own snippets and tales of the intense battle!

Thank you to my Arcane co-author @emzynai for all their help and the fantastic writing the last few days especially!

Another special thanks to @bitterbitter for the lovely illustrations for our story! It made it al even more special!

Now we want to hear YOUR tales! What happened in your lair?
Feel free to add your own snippets and tales of the intense battle!

Thank you to my Arcane co-author @emzynai for all their help and the fantastic writing the last few days especially!

Another special thanks to @bitterbitter for the lovely illustrations for our story! It made it al even more special!

Now we want to hear YOUR tales! What happened in your lair?
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17708425] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/177085/17708425_350.png[/img] [/url] "Battle of the Windstar Bay Oh, how good it feels to write the Bays name how it's supposed to be written. Because of unfortunate misunderstanding by few clans, our belowed Windflight declared war against Arcanites across the bay. Or was it that they declared the war? Detailes got little blurried in the midst of the battle. This is a mystery that might never get solved). Fighting was very fierce and our victory was decided just few seconds before week ended, it was very exiting to watch the magical Dominance stone board. Our trainers, our beloved Father Mythos and adored Captain Kupariina did awesome job sparring and training rookies for upcoming battle. From young hatclings to seasoned veterans, our trainees are now proud adjutants of our God and Father Windsinger, who surely is having fun with all of his children, flying kites and eating chicken noodles. To Lady Ermen's Clan this battle left a bit bittersweet taste in our mouths. Along with all of those voluntary exaltees we lost many dear friends, including our elemental representatives and our beautuful dancer, Miss Ikitiera. She rushed to the fight with just few moments before climax, and we in Lady Ermen's Clan like to think that it was this beautiful and brave nocturne-lady who turned the table for us. Our lair feels empty, compared to hectic and exited crowding that was buzzing around us during the battle. But this is a good time to start from scratch. Memories of the exalted is kept forever in our hearts. And I must congratulate our neighbour Arcanists for a jolly good fight! You really made us sweat and work for it." ~Chronicler of Lady Ermen's Clan, Emilia.

17708425_350.png

"Battle of the Windstar Bay

Oh, how good it feels to write the Bays name how it's supposed to be written. Because of unfortunate misunderstanding by few clans, our belowed Windflight declared war against Arcanites across the bay. Or was it that they declared the war? Detailes got little blurried in the midst of the battle. This is a mystery that might never get solved). Fighting was very fierce and our victory was decided just few seconds before week ended, it was very exiting to watch the magical Dominance stone board.

Our trainers, our beloved Father Mythos and adored Captain Kupariina did awesome job sparring and training rookies for upcoming battle. From young hatclings to seasoned veterans, our trainees are now proud adjutants of our God and Father Windsinger, who surely is having fun with all of his children, flying kites and eating chicken noodles.

To Lady Ermen's Clan this battle left a bit bittersweet taste in our mouths. Along with all of those voluntary exaltees we lost many dear friends, including our elemental representatives and our beautuful dancer, Miss Ikitiera. She rushed to the fight with just few moments before climax, and we in Lady Ermen's Clan like to think that it was this beautiful and brave nocturne-lady who turned the table for us.

Our lair feels empty, compared to hectic and exited crowding that was buzzing around us during the battle. But this is a good time to start from scratch. Memories of the exalted is kept forever in our hearts. And I must congratulate our neighbour Arcanists for a jolly good fight! You really made us sweat and work for it."

~Chronicler of Lady Ermen's Clan, Emilia.
@paintminion it was fun working together on this!

I hope everyone enjoyed the story :)
@paintminion it was fun working together on this!

I hope everyone enjoyed the story :)
a44JACd.gifPjUd2Ty.pngCZ8WZAp.gifgU2ykYl.pngNlfNctV.png
@Paintminion @emzynai
I hadn't had enough time to read during the battle. But I love this little story you two came up with for the battle.

And those were some lovely drawings, @BitterBitter

@Paintminion @emzynai
I hadn't had enough time to read during the battle. But I love this little story you two came up with for the battle.

And those were some lovely drawings, @BitterBitter

3EAoDJ5.pngcUq3mJV.gifn8WBZAl.png
1 2 3 4