Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | BotB (Double Trouble) Tales+ Join In!
1 2 3 4
@TheBlueGuardian

Ah, taking advantage of a great opportunity. And unless a Wind Clan spots the special package, we may all be doomed to whatever Plaguemama has cooled up now!

Well done! MOre!
@TheBlueGuardian

Ah, taking advantage of a great opportunity. And unless a Wind Clan spots the special package, we may all be doomed to whatever Plaguemama has cooled up now!

Well done! MOre!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@paintminion
it's either that or Windpapas visit is making Plaguemama fond of him
@paintminion
it's either that or Windpapas visit is making Plaguemama fond of him
rgKmAZX.pngJuNQ6Ts.pngRmHSCAk.png9KuTKv8.pngFSjGDWP.png
I hope none of you mind me joining in for a bit... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13268819] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132689/13268819_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh dear, this is horrible!" Adria shrieked. She had received a message brought by Princess Ayreia, who had been traveling around the location of the incident at the time. "What is it?" Acacia fluttered over to read the letter. "This is surely a declaration of war!" Selenay roared. "Don't be to hasty, it could have been an accident, as Arcane claims to have a hatchling taken from them as well." Celandine sighed. "Poor Nimbus, the little Fae must be terrified, held hostage away from her family!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16640067] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166401/16640067_350.png[/img] [/url] Nearby, Iado was looking relatively amused. "This is all a mistake. Not that I'm complaining about this war. Quite delightful, going to war against Arcane." Everyone naturally ignored him. "I say we negotiate with Arcane..." Kira looked very distressed, torn between her home Flight and the Flight she really belonged to. "Negotiation was finished before it even started." Tekaru growled. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14996727] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149968/14996727_350.png[/img] [/url] "ENOUGH OF THIS!" Naidara bellowed. "We will accomplish nothing like this! Nimbus has been taken and Arcane acts like we are the culprits. We must teach those thieves a lesson right now, as this has clearly escalated into a WAR."
I hope none of you mind me joining in for a bit...

13268819_350.png

"Oh dear, this is horrible!" Adria shrieked. She had received a message brought by Princess Ayreia, who had been traveling around the location of the incident at the time.
"What is it?" Acacia fluttered over to read the letter.
"This is surely a declaration of war!" Selenay roared. "Don't be to hasty, it could have been an accident, as Arcane claims to have a hatchling taken from them as well." Celandine sighed. "Poor Nimbus, the little Fae must be terrified, held hostage away from her family!"

16640067_350.png

Nearby, Iado was looking relatively amused. "This is all a mistake. Not that I'm complaining about this war. Quite delightful, going to war against Arcane."
Everyone naturally ignored him.
"I say we negotiate with Arcane..." Kira looked very distressed, torn between her home Flight and the Flight she really belonged to.
"Negotiation was finished before it even started." Tekaru growled.

14996727_350.png

"ENOUGH OF THIS!" Naidara bellowed. "We will accomplish nothing like this! Nimbus has been taken and Arcane acts like we are the culprits. We must teach those thieves a lesson right now, as this has clearly escalated into a WAR."
She/her -- +1 FR time --

On hiatus
LRdLP2V.pngXbjATWE.png
bYt72YT.pngMtGlogH.png
@ShardofSun (we don't mind at all, we want more!)

@ShardofSun (we don't mind at all, we want more!)

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
(might I say, this story is amazing) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7826330] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78264/7826330_350.png[/img] [/url] "Look at this! A war is starting! Wind vs. Arcane! All over two stolen hatchlings!!!" Narcissus exclaimed at the weekly board meeting of advisers. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7826329] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78264/7826329_350.png[/img] [/url] "Yes, it is quite sad," Adeline, the leader, chimed in. "I wish that they had decided to talk this out before resorting to more violent measures." Narcissus took this agreement as encouragement for him to continue, "We ought to go and join in!!! A war is just what our lair needs!! It'll be excitement for the entire clan!! We can go and take down BOTH flights in one blow! They'll never see us coming! Earth will once again come out on top!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7766185] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77662/7766185_350.png[/img] [/url] SMACK! The sound of Enya's tail whacking Narcissus across the face reverberated throughout the hall. "Are you an idiot?!?!" Enya shouted. "We are one clan! Facing two entire flights on our own would be impossible, not the least of which, stupid! We are not part of this! And who knows? Perhaps this whole war idea came out of some misunderstanding and will resolve itself soon. But we need to stay out of it and not contribute to it getting completely out of hand!" "Thank you, Enya, for smacking some sense into Narcissus," Adeline stated. "I'm afraid that you are quite right. There is no reason for us to contribute any more confusion to this situation. And Narcissus, you need to stop itching for a war. If you want a war, you will need to go elsewhere. That is not the purpose of our clan, or have you forgotten that yet again?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10981210] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/109813/10981210_350.png[/img] [/url] "Yes, now let's get on with the rest of the meeting. I have important things to do and would like to get them done before the sun goes down," Pasithea added, steering the discussion back to more relevant topics. Narcissus grumbled to himself through the entire meeting.
(might I say, this story is amazing)

7826330_350.png

"Look at this! A war is starting! Wind vs. Arcane! All over two stolen hatchlings!!!" Narcissus exclaimed at the weekly board meeting of advisers.

7826329_350.png

"Yes, it is quite sad," Adeline, the leader, chimed in. "I wish that they had decided to talk this out before resorting to more violent measures."
Narcissus took this agreement as encouragement for him to continue, "We ought to go and join in!!! A war is just what our lair needs!! It'll be excitement for the entire clan!! We can go and take down BOTH flights in one blow! They'll never see us coming! Earth will once again come out on top!"

7766185_350.png

SMACK! The sound of Enya's tail whacking Narcissus across the face reverberated throughout the hall. "Are you an idiot?!?!" Enya shouted. "We are one clan! Facing two entire flights on our own would be impossible, not the least of which, stupid! We are not part of this! And who knows? Perhaps this whole war idea came out of some misunderstanding and will resolve itself soon. But we need to stay out of it and not contribute to it getting completely out of hand!"

"Thank you, Enya, for smacking some sense into Narcissus," Adeline stated. "I'm afraid that you are quite right. There is no reason for us to contribute any more confusion to this situation. And Narcissus, you need to stop itching for a war. If you want a war, you will need to go elsewhere. That is not the purpose of our clan, or have you forgotten that yet again?"

10981210_350.png

"Yes, now let's get on with the rest of the meeting. I have important things to do and would like to get them done before the sun goes down," Pasithea added, steering the discussion back to more relevant topics. Narcissus grumbled to himself through the entire meeting.
tumblr_nu9dc9lcB81u8p7yoo5_100.png BkIPCfy.jpg
And here we have a business proposal.

Meanwhile, on the plateau's opposite shore, the tunnels were alive with word of war. Those miners that remained were hard at work digging silver from the ground while others rushed the ore the short distance east to Ashfall to be pounded into armor. Business was booming in south shore for the first time in years.

Vhasana emerged from her hole after hours of paper sorting, hauling a cart of signed invoices notices and letters. With a shove and a magical push from the wind, it set off down the tunnel to the record keeper's office, but one scrap of parchment she kept.

"You two!" The ridgeback called to a couple of messengers. They stopped loading their cart, the large banner they carried unrolling at their feet. "FOR WINDSTAR BAY" it read. "You're heading out on the west route today, correct?"

"West route 29, ma'am," a young skydancer replied.

"Good," she handed the paper to him, "Insure this reaches the border with Arcane. And do not lose it." The two runners glanced at the note, the one who hadn't spoken tipping the unfurled banner into the cart.

"Isn't that... where the fighting is?" The skydancer asked.

"I'm not asking you to charge into battle! Just deliver the message to the clan by the bay shore. Go no further than that."

Her words earned a hesitant nod from the both of them as they climbed inside. "Yes ma'am," the other messenger said, pulling a route map from his vest. "The first fork is a left," he added. Concentrating, the skydancer began to work the wind magic to propel them down the tunnel.

Vhasana grinned as she watched the cart glide into the darkness. It was going to be a good quarter.

To whom it may concern,

In hearing of your recent troubles, South Shore would like to extend any assistance necessary. But, seeing as we are rather distanced from you and are in need of manpower ourselves, sending troop is not an option. We instead offer you this: a supply of pure Great Furnace steel and silver which we can get to you three days after request.

Best of luck in your endeavor,

Vhasana
South Shore Head of Operation
And here we have a business proposal.

Meanwhile, on the plateau's opposite shore, the tunnels were alive with word of war. Those miners that remained were hard at work digging silver from the ground while others rushed the ore the short distance east to Ashfall to be pounded into armor. Business was booming in south shore for the first time in years.

Vhasana emerged from her hole after hours of paper sorting, hauling a cart of signed invoices notices and letters. With a shove and a magical push from the wind, it set off down the tunnel to the record keeper's office, but one scrap of parchment she kept.

"You two!" The ridgeback called to a couple of messengers. They stopped loading their cart, the large banner they carried unrolling at their feet. "FOR WINDSTAR BAY" it read. "You're heading out on the west route today, correct?"

"West route 29, ma'am," a young skydancer replied.

"Good," she handed the paper to him, "Insure this reaches the border with Arcane. And do not lose it." The two runners glanced at the note, the one who hadn't spoken tipping the unfurled banner into the cart.

"Isn't that... where the fighting is?" The skydancer asked.

"I'm not asking you to charge into battle! Just deliver the message to the clan by the bay shore. Go no further than that."

Her words earned a hesitant nod from the both of them as they climbed inside. "Yes ma'am," the other messenger said, pulling a route map from his vest. "The first fork is a left," he added. Concentrating, the skydancer began to work the wind magic to propel them down the tunnel.

Vhasana grinned as she watched the cart glide into the darkness. It was going to be a good quarter.

To whom it may concern,

In hearing of your recent troubles, South Shore would like to extend any assistance necessary. But, seeing as we are rather distanced from you and are in need of manpower ourselves, sending troop is not an option. We instead offer you this: a supply of pure Great Furnace steel and silver which we can get to you three days after request.

Best of luck in your endeavor,

Vhasana
South Shore Head of Operation
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
"None of this was necessary! All of this loss, this blaming on one another, was just the result of prejudice and jumping to conclusions!"

Lucifer's eyes blazed as he stormed about the lair, raging about the battle that was raging with equal power below.

"Lucifer. Quiet." Ventusyne's voice was calm, but a thin layer of ice the trapped beneath her words. She turned to the rest of the clan, raising her voice.

"This is not a battle we have the time or the resources to fully participate in. Clan Auraelis is to keep their involvement minimal. We WILL support Wind, but we WILL NOT spend countless hours fighting against Arcane dragons down on the beach. We can train and send kites, but we are not to be caught in the thick of things, with next to no space in the lair and several other things to get done! Lucifer is right. None of this was necessary."

Several cries of protest rise at Ventusyne's verdict, but they are quickly silenced as she sweeps her gaze over the room, tail thrashing, and one of her eyes glowing red.

"If you want to fight, go ahead. But I'd like to remind you that there are only six dragons that are actually trained in combat here. Eight, if you include the pair currently on a mission, but they are irrelevant at the moment as they are not present."

Chroma speaks up from the back of the room. "Pardon my interruption, but I'd like to point out that we do not have to fight to contribute to dominance. I'd like you to send Revelry and I to Arcane territory. Now."
"None of this was necessary! All of this loss, this blaming on one another, was just the result of prejudice and jumping to conclusions!"

Lucifer's eyes blazed as he stormed about the lair, raging about the battle that was raging with equal power below.

"Lucifer. Quiet." Ventusyne's voice was calm, but a thin layer of ice the trapped beneath her words. She turned to the rest of the clan, raising her voice.

"This is not a battle we have the time or the resources to fully participate in. Clan Auraelis is to keep their involvement minimal. We WILL support Wind, but we WILL NOT spend countless hours fighting against Arcane dragons down on the beach. We can train and send kites, but we are not to be caught in the thick of things, with next to no space in the lair and several other things to get done! Lucifer is right. None of this was necessary."

Several cries of protest rise at Ventusyne's verdict, but they are quickly silenced as she sweeps her gaze over the room, tail thrashing, and one of her eyes glowing red.

"If you want to fight, go ahead. But I'd like to remind you that there are only six dragons that are actually trained in combat here. Eight, if you include the pair currently on a mission, but they are irrelevant at the moment as they are not present."

Chroma speaks up from the back of the room. "Pardon my interruption, but I'd like to point out that we do not have to fight to contribute to dominance. I'd like you to send Revelry and I to Arcane territory. Now."
4MKDoae.png
[center][img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/1d8c26fa285016d20e30ffa4df792152/tumblr_inline_nw879qWrSh1rossdx_540.png[/img][/center] [right]~~~ Stories by @Paintminion @emzynai Illustrated by @BitterBitter[/right] “They did WHAT?” Andante was beside himself. “Cadence if they've involved their deity then there is no longer a chance that this will be settled by words! They intend to make a true battle of this.” Cadence nodded solemnly. “It's good then, that we have gathered as many clans as was possible with the time that was at our disposal. I feel as though we should take this to the Arcanist as well-” “No need for that,” Darwin entered the conversation with a huff, striding purposefully toward them, Nimbus clinging to his shoulder as usual. “I've just been informed that some hotheads have already gone off and done that themselves.” Cadence seemed surprised, but not upset. “It's probably better this way. Perhaps we have not taken our opponents seriously enough until now. I do not relish the thought of doing battle with all of Wind Flight yet again, it seems that I was wrong in thinking them to be of the same opinion.” Nimbus had given up on saying anything anymore. She huddled her small body against Darwin's neck as the adults droned on. She missed her lair, and her room, and her friends, and Siltaria. Arcane had turned out to be one big disappointment. She hadn't done any experiments or learned any strange Arcane spells, and the food was terrible. She hoped everyone would regain their senses soon. Then Siltaria would come get her, and Darwin would go get Arcanati, and the world would be put right again. Outside the lair, battle preparations were well underway. Other clans had joined them from all throughout the Arcane territory, and their enormous camp sprawled nearly to the border of their realm and Wind’s. [center]#######[/center] As Siltaria flew over the gathering Wind clans, she was filled with a mix of pride and regret. She was proud to see her flight coming together in this time of need to help rescue a hatchling they didn't even know. If only the reason for this unity wasn't a battle with another flight. As she approached the border, she sighed. The Arcane camp was steadily growing, and skirmishes were breaking out where Wind and Arcane met. Shaking her head she wheeled in the air and flew back. It was time. [center]#######[/center] Arcanati had finally been drawn out of his room by Windsong. He sat at the table beside her and scarfed down a huge bowl of… He wasn't sure what, but it was bugs and that was good enough for him. The priestess watched him quietly, as though considering what to say. “Did this… Darwin force you to come with us?” She finally asked once he had finished eating. She knew right away she’d said something wrong when his bright pink eyes grew wide and he shook his head. “Darwin would never do something like that,” he said so quietly she could barely hear him. She waited for him to continue, but nothing came. He seemed to shrink into himself. She decided to leave it be. That could be dealt with later. [center]#######[/center] Cadence and Andante were going over last minute battle plans and diagrams showing flight formations with many of the Arcane clan leaders. They considered the best tactics, drew in coloured lines where different clans would be pressing into the fray, and setting up emergency plans. Outside in the many camps, dragons readied themselves to do battle in every and any way they knew. Once the leaders were all in agreement - something that was no small feat, as there were many eccentrics among them - they left their meeting place and flew out to join their clans. As dragons all throughout the Starwood prepared to take to the air, a messenger bustled into the lair. A moment later a booming voice was suddenly heard by all. Nimbus’ eyes were wide with fright, and she looked everywhere to figure out where the voice was coming from. The spells of Arcane were intense! She’d never heard a voice so loud and wondered if it was the Arcanist himself. But no, she saw a large dragon above them just over the shore of the Bay. As he spoke, sparkles filtered down to shower them all and then they faded away just before they reached her. “It is time, time to fly, Arcane! Wind rises to meet us! Today we shall defend our homes and families from the kidnappers of the east, defend our Bay from the wile of Wind, and ensure that the Universe is set in order once again! We must defy this intrusion into our lives and this interruption of our important spellwork. Any who think we are easily tinkered with must be proven wrong! We will bring down our reckoning upon them, and let our illustrious magic shatter the sky. Fly Arcane Flight! Fly with me to the Battle of the Bay!” Darwin had gently taken Nimbus down from his shoulder and lowered his head to look with his kind eyes into her bright green ones. “I think it would be best for you to stay here in the lair, where you will be safe, until we return,” he told her. “I don’t know what I would do if something were to happen to you, too.” Against her protests, he rose up into the sky and set out across the water, surrounded by more dragons than Nimbus had ever seen flying before. She wasn’t going to let them leave without her. She snuck around a few elderly dragons keeping watch over the cave and flew off after the Arcane Army, into the oncoming wind. [center]#######[/center] Siltaria landed at the Main Battle Commander’s campsite, on the shoreline outside of her Lair. The large Battle HQ of the Cloudsong anchored above, shaped and molded as Windsinger himself. Inside it many dragons were busy with messages to the unit commanders, and the battle map was laid out for all to check. But here on the ground was every dragon that had answered the call to Battle, and it was a massive gathering! Her heart was filled with pride and she was grateful that so many supported Wind Flight in its time of need! She pumped her wings up above and bugled for attention as the Battle Leaders began flying fro the Battle HQ to go to their units. It was the signal to begin! [center]“Wind Flight Warriors! Lairmates! Friends! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of dragons fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of sharp claws and shattered shields, when the age of Wind Dragons comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight!! By all that you hold dear on this good Sornieth, I bid you fly, Dragons of Wind Flight!!! Fly against the Arcane that seek to destroy our families! Fly against spells of harm and Arcane control of our Bay! Fly with me for Wind!"[/center] Siltaria gave a mighty roar that was taken up by every dragon around her. The dragons of Wind Flight took to the skies for battle! Arcanati watched the mighty Wind dragons fly up and towards the Bay. He wouldn’t give up on this chance to follow them across and back to Arcane. He slipped out of the lair through a back way, and flapped his small wings with determination as he took up his pursuit.
tumblr_inline_nw879qWrSh1rossdx_540.png
~~~ Stories by @Paintminion @emzynai
Illustrated by @BitterBitter

“They did WHAT?” Andante was beside himself. “Cadence if they've involved their deity then there is no longer a chance that this will be settled by words! They intend to make a true battle of this.”

Cadence nodded solemnly. “It's good then, that we have gathered as many clans as was possible with the time that was at our disposal. I feel as though we should take this to the Arcanist as well-”

“No need for that,” Darwin entered the conversation with a huff, striding purposefully toward them, Nimbus clinging to his shoulder as usual. “I've just been informed that some hotheads have already gone off and done that themselves.”

Cadence seemed surprised, but not upset. “It's probably better this way. Perhaps we have not taken our opponents seriously enough until now. I do not relish the thought of doing battle with all of Wind Flight yet again, it seems that I was wrong in thinking them to be of the same opinion.”

Nimbus had given up on saying anything anymore. She huddled her small body against Darwin's neck as the adults droned on. She missed her lair, and her room, and her friends, and Siltaria. Arcane had turned out to be one big disappointment. She hadn't done any experiments or learned any strange Arcane spells, and the food was terrible. She hoped everyone would regain their senses soon. Then Siltaria would come get her, and Darwin would go get Arcanati, and the world would be put right again.

Outside the lair, battle preparations were well underway. Other clans had joined them from all throughout the Arcane territory, and their enormous camp sprawled nearly to the border of their realm and Wind’s.

#######

As Siltaria flew over the gathering Wind clans, she was filled with a mix of pride and regret. She was proud to see her flight coming together in this time of need to help rescue a hatchling they didn't even know. If only the reason for this unity wasn't a battle with another flight. As she approached the border, she sighed. The Arcane camp was steadily growing, and skirmishes were breaking out where Wind and Arcane met. Shaking her head she wheeled in the air and flew back. It was time.

#######

Arcanati had finally been drawn out of his room by Windsong. He sat at the table beside her and scarfed down a huge bowl of… He wasn't sure what, but it was bugs and that was good enough for him. The priestess watched him quietly, as though considering what to say.

“Did this… Darwin force you to come with us?” She finally asked once he had finished eating. She knew right away she’d said something wrong when his bright pink eyes grew wide and he shook his head.

“Darwin would never do something like that,” he said so quietly she could barely hear him. She waited for him to continue, but nothing came. He seemed to shrink into himself. She decided to leave it be. That could be dealt with later.

#######

Cadence and Andante were going over last minute battle plans and diagrams showing flight formations with many of the Arcane clan leaders. They considered the best tactics, drew in coloured lines where different clans would be pressing into the fray, and setting up emergency plans. Outside in the many camps, dragons readied themselves to do battle in every and any way they knew. Once the leaders were all in agreement - something that was no small feat, as there were many eccentrics among them - they left their meeting place and flew out to join their clans.

As dragons all throughout the Starwood prepared to take to the air, a messenger bustled into the lair. A moment later a booming voice was suddenly heard by all. Nimbus’ eyes were wide with fright, and she looked everywhere to figure out where the voice was coming from. The spells of Arcane were intense! She’d never heard a voice so loud and wondered if it was the Arcanist himself. But no, she saw a large dragon above them just over the shore of the Bay. As he spoke, sparkles filtered down to shower them all and then they faded away just before they reached her.

“It is time, time to fly, Arcane! Wind rises to meet us! Today we shall defend our homes and families from the kidnappers of the east, defend our Bay from the wile of Wind, and ensure that the Universe is set in order once again!

We must defy this intrusion into our lives and this interruption of our important spellwork. Any who think we are easily tinkered with must be proven wrong! We will bring down our reckoning upon them, and let our illustrious magic shatter the sky.

Fly Arcane Flight! Fly with me to the Battle of the Bay!”

Darwin had gently taken Nimbus down from his shoulder and lowered his head to look with his kind eyes into her bright green ones. “I think it would be best for you to stay here in the lair, where you will be safe, until we return,” he told her. “I don’t know what I would do if something were to happen to you, too.”

Against her protests, he rose up into the sky and set out across the water, surrounded by more dragons than Nimbus had ever seen flying before.

She wasn’t going to let them leave without her. She snuck around a few elderly dragons keeping watch over the cave and flew off after the Arcane Army, into the oncoming wind.

#######

Siltaria landed at the Main Battle Commander’s campsite, on the shoreline outside of her Lair. The large Battle HQ of the Cloudsong anchored above, shaped and molded as Windsinger himself. Inside it many dragons were busy with messages to the unit commanders, and the battle map was laid out for all to check. But here on the ground was every dragon that had answered the call to Battle, and it was a massive gathering! Her heart was filled with pride and she was grateful that so many supported Wind Flight in its time of need!

She pumped her wings up above and bugled for attention as the Battle Leaders began flying fro the Battle HQ to go to their units. It was the signal to begin!
“Wind Flight Warriors! Lairmates! Friends!

I see in your eyes the same fear
that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of dragons fails,
when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of fellowship,

but it is not this day.
An hour of sharp claws and shattered shields,
when the age of Wind Dragons comes crashing down,
but it is not this day!

This day we fight!!
By all that you hold dear on this good Sornieth,
I bid you fly, Dragons of Wind Flight!!!

Fly against the Arcane that seek to destroy our families!
Fly against spells of harm and Arcane control of our Bay!

Fly with me for Wind!"

Siltaria gave a mighty roar that was taken up by every dragon around her. The dragons of Wind Flight took to the skies for battle!

Arcanati watched the mighty Wind dragons fly up and towards the Bay. He wouldn’t give up on this chance to follow them across and back to Arcane. He slipped out of the lair through a back way, and flapped his small wings with determination as he took up his pursuit.
[img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/88fa881210c2163abeeec466cc524f16/tumblr_inline_nw879qM5DV1rossdx_540.png[/img] [right]~~~ Stories by @Paintminion @emzynai Illustrated by @BitterBitter[/right] Nimbus was growing tired. Following these robust and eager full-grown dragons was using up her energy a lot more quickly than she had anticipated. She valiantly struggled along, keeping Darwin within eyesight, but not getting close enough to be seen and sent back to the lair. She thought she saw a cloud up ahead. That was strange, the sky had been clear all day. She narrowed her eyes and suddenly noticed that this was no cloud, but a swarm of dragons, and they were headed directly for them! With a jolt the realisation struck her that these were the dragons of her home realm, Wind, and that this battle was a reality. A grim reality that she had brought about by playing a game. These thoughts sent her reeling and her wings faltered for a moment before she flew forward again with new resolve. She could and would find a way to put an end to this, no matter how small she was, or how soft her voice sounded against the roar of the fighting dragons. [center]#######[/center] Arcanati couldn’t believe his eyes at the sight of the enormous force that Arcane had gathered to face Wind. Hidden from prying eyes behind the dragons of a Wind clan unknown to him, he watched with wonder as the force approached. There must have been thousands of them! Still entranced, he saw the first flyers of each side collide with one another. His admiration turned to fear. They were really, truly fighting. This wasn’t the type of gentle nipping that he had always played at with the other hatchlings of his lair. This was something much more serious. A frightening thought came to him, and he scanned the Arcane forces for a familiar face: Darwin. He wasn’t anywhere to be seen. There were too many dragons wheeling through the air, pulling one another down to the water or beach, and too much magic shooting through the sharp wind that had begun whistling around his ears. All this over a small prank? How had it come this far? [center]#######[/center] Siltaria plunged into the battle with only one thought on her mind. Find Nimbus. She personally would never take a hatchling into a melee like this, but she had no idea what these dragons were capable of. She was glad that Arcanati had stayed back at the lair. She didn’t want to have to worry about children in the heat of this. She swung to the side and masterfully looped through the sky, dodging any attacks that were aimed her way. She could feel the power of the wind storm gathering around them as it brushed fiercely against her scales. Arcane would come to see that Wind would not accept the loss of one of their own. She knew that her flight would persevere. In a moment of inspiration, she dove straight upwards out of the fray. Perhaps a higher vantage point would show her that small fleck of green and pink that she had missed so much these past few days. Her keen eyes scanned the battle meticulously, taking in everything they could and - THERE! She started to sail back down towards the Bay when she realised that the dragon she had taken to be Nimbus was already tagging along behind her own flight. That could only mean… “Oh no, Arcanati, not here…” [center]#######[/center] Darwin held himself back from the battle, leaving the strategy and most of the fighting to others. Of course he held his own whenever confronted, but Cadence and Andante were both more capable and of better temperament than he was to lead the planned maneuvers. Many of the other clans had trained and tested fighters who were more valuable in battle than three of himself. He took solace in the fact that he had managed to convince Nimbus to stay in the lair. She had put up a bit of an argument, but there was no sense in putting her at risk. The small wind dragon really did look so alike to Arcanati, it was as if they could be - Darwin’s stream of thought was cut short by a gust of wind that propelled him backwards through the ranks of dragons still surging forward all around him. As he somersaulted through the air he caught a glimpse of shining pink and green fluttering along. Even as he opened his mouth to call out to his son, he realised the impossibility of the thought. “Nimbus!” he shouted as he drifted away, “Stay safe!” [center]#######[/center] Heedless to the fact that the two causes of the conflict were both on the wing, the second Battle of the Bay continued fiercely. The air was charged with magic, and powerful bursts of wind made flying in a straight line a challenge, but every dragon met it squarely. Each flight was united - for a time - for this noble cause.
tumblr_inline_nw879qM5DV1rossdx_540.png
~~~ Stories by @Paintminion @emzynai
Illustrated by @BitterBitter

Nimbus was growing tired. Following these robust and eager full-grown dragons was using up her energy a lot more quickly than she had anticipated. She valiantly struggled along, keeping Darwin within eyesight, but not getting close enough to be seen and sent back to the lair. She thought she saw a cloud up ahead. That was strange, the sky had been clear all day. She narrowed her eyes and suddenly noticed that this was no cloud, but a swarm of dragons, and they were headed directly for them! With a jolt the realisation struck her that these were the dragons of her home realm, Wind, and that this battle was a reality. A grim reality that she had brought about by playing a game. These thoughts sent her reeling and her wings faltered for a moment before she flew forward again with new resolve. She could and would find a way to put an end to this, no matter how small she was, or how soft her voice sounded against the roar of the fighting dragons.

#######

Arcanati couldn’t believe his eyes at the sight of the enormous force that Arcane had gathered to face Wind. Hidden from prying eyes behind the dragons of a Wind clan unknown to him, he watched with wonder as the force approached. There must have been thousands of them! Still entranced, he saw the first flyers of each side collide with one another. His admiration turned to fear. They were really, truly fighting. This wasn’t the type of gentle nipping that he had always played at with the other hatchlings of his lair. This was something much more serious. A frightening thought came to him, and he scanned the Arcane forces for a familiar face: Darwin. He wasn’t anywhere to be seen. There were too many dragons wheeling through the air, pulling one another down to the water or beach, and too much magic shooting through the sharp wind that had begun whistling around his ears. All this over a small prank? How had it come this far?

#######

Siltaria plunged into the battle with only one thought on her mind. Find Nimbus. She personally would never take a hatchling into a melee like this, but she had no idea what these dragons were capable of. She was glad that Arcanati had stayed back at the lair. She didn’t want to have to worry about children in the heat of this. She swung to the side and masterfully looped through the sky, dodging any attacks that were aimed her way. She could feel the power of the wind storm gathering around them as it brushed fiercely against her scales. Arcane would come to see that Wind would not accept the loss of one of their own. She knew that her flight would persevere.

In a moment of inspiration, she dove straight upwards out of the fray. Perhaps a higher vantage point would show her that small fleck of green and pink that she had missed so much these past few days. Her keen eyes scanned the battle meticulously, taking in everything they could and - THERE! She started to sail back down towards the Bay when she realised that the dragon she had taken to be Nimbus was already tagging along behind her own flight. That could only mean…

“Oh no, Arcanati, not here…”

#######

Darwin held himself back from the battle, leaving the strategy and most of the fighting to others. Of course he held his own whenever confronted, but Cadence and Andante were both more capable and of better temperament than he was to lead the planned maneuvers. Many of the other clans had trained and tested fighters who were more valuable in battle than three of himself. He took solace in the fact that he had managed to convince Nimbus to stay in the lair. She had put up a bit of an argument, but there was no sense in putting her at risk. The small wind dragon really did look so alike to Arcanati, it was as if they could be -

Darwin’s stream of thought was cut short by a gust of wind that propelled him backwards through the ranks of dragons still surging forward all around him. As he somersaulted through the air he caught a glimpse of shining pink and green fluttering along. Even as he opened his mouth to call out to his son, he realised the impossibility of the thought.

“Nimbus!” he shouted as he drifted away, “Stay safe!”

#######

Heedless to the fact that the two causes of the conflict were both on the wing, the second Battle of the Bay continued fiercely. The air was charged with magic, and powerful bursts of wind made flying in a straight line a challenge, but every dragon met it squarely. Each flight was united - for a time - for this noble cause.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14049342] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/140494/14049342_350.png[/img] [/url] Agrina narrowed her eyes. "I may not be a fighter," she muttered, "but my caravan can do enough damage." She had gotten the strange note off the top of her caravan's roof. Her problem was that she was Arcane... not wind. But her daughters were wind... Agrina gritted her teeth. She left a note on her table and spiraled into the sky, ready for the battle of Windstar Bay. [i]My caravan, you must join the fight for Nimbus to be taken home! Meet me in the battle of Windstar Bay. I hope you will join me. -Agrina[/i]

14049342_350.png

Agrina narrowed her eyes. "I may not be a fighter," she muttered, "but my caravan can do enough damage." She had gotten the strange note off the top of her caravan's roof. Her problem was that she was Arcane... not wind. But her daughters were wind... Agrina gritted her teeth. She left a note on her table and spiraled into the sky, ready for the battle of Windstar Bay.
My caravan, you must join the fight for Nimbus to be taken home! Meet me in the battle of Windstar Bay. I hope you will join me.
-Agrina
Agrina/ Lena, she/ her pronouns, FR +0
ghostly_aura_by_dogi_crimson-da52936.gif tririddlebadge21_by_dragoonwys-dazbx1q.png
1 2 3 4