Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Fractured - a mini-Nuzlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Axqu
Sure thing! I hope you didn't mind the ping earlier! >w<
And a crossover some time would be great! Lan has very little life experience so it'd be good for him if he could meet some older dragons at some point! He probably won't stay in the Shifting Expanse for very long so meeting your Nuzlocke party might be more viable, but either would be cool! :P
@Axqu
Sure thing! I hope you didn't mind the ping earlier! >w<
And a crossover some time would be great! Lan has very little life experience so it'd be good for him if he could meet some older dragons at some point! He probably won't stay in the Shifting Expanse for very long so meeting your Nuzlocke party might be more viable, but either would be cool! :P
hatchery%20banner%20smaller.png
imperials, red and gold, triple midnight+ & storms dancers!
@Cien Not at all!! I also appreciate the link c: Sweet. x3 Well if he ever happens to be where they are, we should party.
@Cien Not at all!! I also appreciate the link c: Sweet. x3 Well if he ever happens to be where they are, we should party.
hoMNYDJ.png
@Digimon11 @Axqu [center][size=6][b][u]I.[/u][/b][/size] Day 1 (part 1) - The Shifting Expanse. Awareness: 49/250 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13322400] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/133225/13322400_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] When Rivis’ voice faded, I felt a wave of utter loneliness wash over me and my gut was gripped with anxiety. I held Nox and Kihone’s egg close to me like a lifeline – it was my only companion as I flew onwards. Even my Zalis, who had been with me since I hatched, was lost somewhere in the fight since it hadn’t come with me to weave my storm. I hoped that it was okay somehow … It was dark outside, and I was nervous. When I glanced back, I could see static sparking along my feathers and Core’s firestorm in the distance, though it was just a small glow. And then – it vanished. I missed a beat in shock, my voice dying in my throat as I nearly crashed to the ground. [i]’Oh no, no, no, no …’[/i] I righted myself, staying in the air but not moving. Now the electricity racing over my feathers from my rapid pulse and increasing fear was the only light in the darkness. I shivered suddenly, startling myself and jerking backwards. Now that I thought about it, this was my first time out in the dark alone. I hadn’t realized how cold the Shifting Expanse got at night. I could hear my heart beating in my ears as I faced what was [i]probably[/i] forwards again and shot off into the darkness. My wings shook with every beat, and my feathers were stiff with cold. Were Mother and Father okay? What about Dian – and Torrent! I hadn’t seen Torrent. He was a fighter, and kind of scary, but … And what about Core? His firestorm had gone out … that wasn’t good. And Maltet’s bite wound, oh gods, and Nox’s leg – “Gah!” I yelped as I crashed into a tall pillar of stone, pushing backwards with a beat of my wings and rubbing my nose with the hand that wasn’t clutching the egg. I glared at the stone for a moment before exhaustion caught up with me, turning my muscles to lead, and I drifted towards the ground. I folded my wings around myself and lay down with my back to the stone, curling protectively around the egg, and growled in frustration. I didn’t know anything about survival. I could fight in a pinch, sure, and make storms. If you needed someone to fly up into the clouds, electrocute himself, then discharge all of that electricity on some poor sap then hell, I’m your dragon, but [i]taking care of an egg?[/i] Never mind [i]myself[/i] – Mother wouldn’t even give me a proper explanation of a cooldown, let alone tell me what to do with an [i]egg[/i]. She’d always say, “when you meet that special someone” or “when you’re older, Lan.” Argh! I clenched my claws, digging shallow rows into the sand, as I tried to figure out what to do. I glared out into the darkness, on edge, until the sun came up. I probably should’ve tried to make a shelter, but … [i]how?[/i] Dig a hole? Well … that probably would’ve been a good idea. As soon as I moved a bit, though, pain shot through my shoulder. It was the wound from that harpy! I glared at the gash before laying my head down. I blended in with the Shifting Expanse pretty well … probably, but in any case, I had to get some rest. As soon as the egg was carefully tucked against my side and my wings were drawn over me to shield me from the sun, I could feel my eyelids growing heavy. [i]’Stormcatcher, if my storm pleased you at all, please help us – all of us – survive this and meet again …’[/i]
@Digimon11 @Axqu
I.
Day 1 (part 1) - The Shifting Expanse. Awareness: 49/250

13322400_350.png

When Rivis’ voice faded, I felt a wave of utter loneliness wash over me and my gut was gripped with anxiety. I held Nox and Kihone’s egg close to me like a lifeline – it was my only companion as I flew onwards. Even my Zalis, who had been with me since I hatched, was lost somewhere in the fight since it hadn’t come with me to weave my storm. I hoped that it was okay somehow …

It was dark outside, and I was nervous. When I glanced back, I could see static sparking along my feathers and Core’s firestorm in the distance, though it was just a small glow. And then – it vanished. I missed a beat in shock, my voice dying in my throat as I nearly crashed to the ground. ’Oh no, no, no, no …’ I righted myself, staying in the air but not moving. Now the electricity racing over my feathers from my rapid pulse and increasing fear was the only light in the darkness.

I shivered suddenly, startling myself and jerking backwards. Now that I thought about it, this was my first time out in the dark alone. I hadn’t realized how cold the Shifting Expanse got at night. I could hear my heart beating in my ears as I faced what was probably forwards again and shot off into the darkness.

My wings shook with every beat, and my feathers were stiff with cold. Were Mother and Father okay? What about Dian – and Torrent! I hadn’t seen Torrent. He was a fighter, and kind of scary, but … And what about Core? His firestorm had gone out … that wasn’t good. And Maltet’s bite wound, oh gods, and Nox’s leg – “Gah!”

I yelped as I crashed into a tall pillar of stone, pushing backwards with a beat of my wings and rubbing my nose with the hand that wasn’t clutching the egg. I glared at the stone for a moment before exhaustion caught up with me, turning my muscles to lead, and I drifted towards the ground. I folded my wings around myself and lay down with my back to the stone, curling protectively around the egg, and growled in frustration. I didn’t know anything about survival. I could fight in a pinch, sure, and make storms. If you needed someone to fly up into the clouds, electrocute himself, then discharge all of that electricity on some poor sap then hell, I’m your dragon, but taking care of an egg? Never mind myself – Mother wouldn’t even give me a proper explanation of a cooldown, let alone tell me what to do with an egg. She’d always say, “when you meet that special someone” or “when you’re older, Lan.” Argh!

I clenched my claws, digging shallow rows into the sand, as I tried to figure out what to do. I glared out into the darkness, on edge, until the sun came up. I probably should’ve tried to make a shelter, but … how? Dig a hole? Well … that probably would’ve been a good idea. As soon as I moved a bit, though, pain shot through my shoulder. It was the wound from that harpy! I glared at the gash before laying my head down. I blended in with the Shifting Expanse pretty well … probably, but in any case, I had to get some rest. As soon as the egg was carefully tucked against my side and my wings were drawn over me to shield me from the sun, I could feel my eyelids growing heavy.

’Stormcatcher, if my storm pleased you at all, please help us – all of us – survive this and meet again …’
@Axqu
Ah, cool! And yes, definitely - that would be really fun! :'D
@Axqu
Ah, cool! And yes, definitely - that would be really fun! :'D
@Cien poor Lan C;
@Cien poor Lan C;
ldNLSdw.png
@Digimon11
Indeed. ;D
And this is just the start of this train wreck!
@Digimon11
Indeed. ;D
And this is just the start of this train wreck!
@Cien

I'm liking this Nuzlocke so far, and I'd be interested in a crossover if an opportunity for one does arise. ^^ My clan, lore-wise, is in the Gladeveins, near the edge of the Shrieking Wilds in the Viridian Labyrinth
@Cien

I'm liking this Nuzlocke so far, and I'd be interested in a crossover if an opportunity for one does arise. ^^ My clan, lore-wise, is in the Gladeveins, near the edge of the Shrieking Wilds in the Viridian Labyrinth
@Tsukistar
Ohh, thank you so much! :'D
And that sounds cool! I'll definitely keep you in mind! In the meantime, would you like to be on the pinglist so you'll know if/when Lan gets to the Viridian Labyrinth? :O
@Tsukistar
Ohh, thank you so much! :'D
And that sounds cool! I'll definitely keep you in mind! In the meantime, would you like to be on the pinglist so you'll know if/when Lan gets to the Viridian Labyrinth? :O
@Cien

If you could, could I be on the general pinglist? Just so I can stay up-to-date on Lan's little adventure. ^^
@Cien

If you could, could I be on the general pinglist? Just so I can stay up-to-date on Lan's little adventure. ^^
@Tsukistar
Of course! ^^ I'm glad you're coming along for the ride. ~
@Tsukistar
Of course! ^^ I'm glad you're coming along for the ride. ~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9