Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Fractured - a mini-Nuzlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello, I’m Cien. Welcome to Fractured, a baby version Nuzlocke! My main purpose here is to, well, create an interesting story, but also to get some writing practice, especially with a first person narrative, and gain some confidence in my writing. I have embarrassingly little experience writing in first person, but the only way I’ll be able to get better is to practice!

First of all, I’m extremely attached to … all of my dragons, so I’ve created a story and rules that allows me to keep them. I also occasionally participate in Dominance, profit exalt, and I run my own hatchery, so sometimes non-Nuzlocke dragons will accidentally get mixed in with my Nuzlocke dragons.

This Nuzlocke is going to rely heavily on RNGs – or random number generators. Lan, the protagonist of this train wreck, will be traveling across the continent as needed.

Another small note! Lan is a Storm Dancer, a Lightning subspecies. You can find more information about them on Anzu’s profile!

(Looking to buy Storm Dancers or other Lightning subspecies? Visit the hub!)

Please be aware that I’ll be describing battles and probably other types of violence, as well as death, so there will be descriptions of blood and the like! I’ll try to make a note if I write anything darker than usual!

You might notice that Lan is only a couple of days old. This is mostly because I’m extremely impatient (I’ve been wanting to do a Nuzlocke for a long time), but I did intend to start the Nuzlocke when he’s young. He’ll be gathering for food until he’s an adult, but once he’s an adult he won’t be able to gather for food any more and I’ll be using my coli team to get him to level 5, which is the level he should start at story-wise.

Table of Contents
0. Day 0
I. Day 1 (part 1) - (part 2)
-- Day 2
-- Day 3
-- Day 4 (part 1) - (part 2)
-- Day 5
-- Day 6-7
II. Day 8
-- Day 9
-- Day 10
-- Day 11
-- Day 12
-- Day 13
Hello, I’m Cien. Welcome to Fractured, a baby version Nuzlocke! My main purpose here is to, well, create an interesting story, but also to get some writing practice, especially with a first person narrative, and gain some confidence in my writing. I have embarrassingly little experience writing in first person, but the only way I’ll be able to get better is to practice!

First of all, I’m extremely attached to … all of my dragons, so I’ve created a story and rules that allows me to keep them. I also occasionally participate in Dominance, profit exalt, and I run my own hatchery, so sometimes non-Nuzlocke dragons will accidentally get mixed in with my Nuzlocke dragons.

This Nuzlocke is going to rely heavily on RNGs – or random number generators. Lan, the protagonist of this train wreck, will be traveling across the continent as needed.

Another small note! Lan is a Storm Dancer, a Lightning subspecies. You can find more information about them on Anzu’s profile!

(Looking to buy Storm Dancers or other Lightning subspecies? Visit the hub!)

Please be aware that I’ll be describing battles and probably other types of violence, as well as death, so there will be descriptions of blood and the like! I’ll try to make a note if I write anything darker than usual!

You might notice that Lan is only a couple of days old. This is mostly because I’m extremely impatient (I’ve been wanting to do a Nuzlocke for a long time), but I did intend to start the Nuzlocke when he’s young. He’ll be gathering for food until he’s an adult, but once he’s an adult he won’t be able to gather for food any more and I’ll be using my coli team to get him to level 5, which is the level he should start at story-wise.

Table of Contents
0. Day 0
I. Day 1 (part 1) - (part 2)
-- Day 2
-- Day 3
-- Day 4 (part 1) - (part 2)
-- Day 5
-- Day 6-7
II. Day 8
-- Day 9
-- Day 10
-- Day 11
-- Day 12
-- Day 13
hatchery%20banner%20smaller.png
imperials, red and gold, triple midnight+ & storms dancers!
[center][u]Rules (adapted from the original thread [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1150203/1]here[/url]!)[/u][/center] [list][list=1][*]One egg/dragon may be bought each month. I have terrible luck with finding eggs (I’ve only found two, ever!) and egg prices are kinda crazy, so I might end up having to buy a hatchling, but it must be at exalt price. [*]Using scatter scrolls must happen before a hatchling is introduced into the story. (I never buy them, but this is just in case!) [*]You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20. [*]For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon. Preferably used before the dragon is introduced, but may be used later if incorporated into the story. [*]You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli. [b]As my lair is full of dragons that eat a lot, I’ll be keeping track of my Nuzlocke dragons’ energy manually. They can only eat the amount of food points that they make in the coli. While I might not post the record, food stores will be mentioned and kept track of![/b] [*]If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. [s]Exalt.[/s] The dragon will be offered to readers! If more than one person is interested, I’ll use a RNG to choose. If no one’s interested, I’ll profit-exalt them. (*Lan will not be considered dead for story purposes even if he faints in the coli, but he won’t come out unscathed!) [*]For every hatchling, flip a coin. If tails, the hatchling died. [s]Exalt.[/s] Again, they’ll be offered to readers! If heads, you have a survivor. [*]When a clutch is born, at least one of the parents must guard the eggs at all times. [*]All gifts are accepted, but if Lan’s group is growing too fast I may stop accepting dragons. I also will not comment on gifts besides thanking you profusely, but I will write all gifts in! [*][b]May 24th:[/b] I forgot to add in a rule about gathering! I can only gather in the area Lan is in, except during holidays, when I'm allowed to gather in the holiday Flight's area![/list] [u]Traveling and Danger [/u] A RNG is used every time I update to determine how aware the harpy Beastclan is of Lan’s location. Depending on the story, the maximum number may be higher or lower. Once the max number is hit (or before, if Lan is feeling extra cautious) Lan must move. His goal will be to travel a certain number of miles (once more calculated with a RNG) in 5 entries or less. Failure will result in a battle, and Lan’s party must go to the coliseum venue above the highest dragon in the party’s level and fight at least one turn. The exception is if Lan’s clan is currently being housed by another clan (see the “Crossover” section), in which case Lan may escape without fighting, but will start off the next cycle with some awareness from the harpies. I know that all sounds confusing, but I hope it’ll make sense once I start running the numbers! [u]Clan Scion and Imperials[/u] Because Lan’s old clan, Clan Scion, was split apart, he may run into some of them in the future. I’ll have another RNG for that later on, and it will affect the awareness of the Beastclans. If three or more Imperials die in the same area, an Emperor will appear and Lan’s group must leave the region [i]immediately.[/i] He cannot return to that region until the Emperor is taken care of. Failure to escape … won’t be good. [u]Crossovers and Roleplaying[/u] Since Lan will be moving all over the place, I would absolutely love to do crossovers! Please feel free to PM me about instigating a crossover, and we can roleplay or talk it out! If someone with a clan with lore gifts me something, I can’t promise that I’ll be able to include that lore, but if I will try my best! [b]May 26th:[/b] If you take in a "dead" dragon and would still like to do a crossover, you'll have to exclude that dragon from your clan's lore for the crossover! (Suggested by Tsukistar!) [u]Other[/u] I imagine that each flight can control their own element to an extent, if the dragon has magical abilities, but I usually assume that Arcane dragons’ magic is more along the lines of telekinesis. Any and all harpy familiars gained must be sold or given away, and add +15 to awareness. Skipping the Harpy’s Roost venue is encouraged. Otherwise, add +(tbd) to awareness every time the party encounters a harpy. +(tbd) if unable to kill them and forced to flee.
Rules (adapted from the original thread here!)

1. One egg/dragon may be bought each month. I have terrible luck with finding eggs (I’ve only found two, ever!) and egg prices are kinda crazy, so I might end up having to buy a hatchling, but it must be at exalt price.
  2. Using scatter scrolls must happen before a hatchling is introduced into the story. (I never buy them, but this is just in case!)
  3. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
  4. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon. Preferably used before the dragon is introduced, but may be used later if incorporated into the story.
  5. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli. As my lair is full of dragons that eat a lot, I’ll be keeping track of my Nuzlocke dragons’ energy manually. They can only eat the amount of food points that they make in the coli. While I might not post the record, food stores will be mentioned and kept track of!
  6. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt. The dragon will be offered to readers! If more than one person is interested, I’ll use a RNG to choose. If no one’s interested, I’ll profit-exalt them. (*Lan will not be considered dead for story purposes even if he faints in the coli, but he won’t come out unscathed!)
  7. For every hatchling, flip a coin. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt. Again, they’ll be offered to readers! If heads, you have a survivor.
  8. When a clutch is born, at least one of the parents must guard the eggs at all times.
  9. All gifts are accepted, but if Lan’s group is growing too fast I may stop accepting dragons. I also will not comment on gifts besides thanking you profusely, but I will write all gifts in!
  10. May 24th: I forgot to add in a rule about gathering! I can only gather in the area Lan is in, except during holidays, when I'm allowed to gather in the holiday Flight's area!

Traveling and Danger
A RNG is used every time I update to determine how aware the harpy Beastclan is of Lan’s location. Depending on the story, the maximum number may be higher or lower. Once the max number is hit (or before, if Lan is feeling extra cautious) Lan must move. His goal will be to travel a certain number of miles (once more calculated with a RNG) in 5 entries or less. Failure will result in a battle, and Lan’s party must go to the coliseum venue above the highest dragon in the party’s level and fight at least one turn. The exception is if Lan’s clan is currently being housed by another clan (see the “Crossover” section), in which case Lan may escape without fighting, but will start off the next cycle with some awareness from the harpies.

I know that all sounds confusing, but I hope it’ll make sense once I start running the numbers!

Clan Scion and Imperials
Because Lan’s old clan, Clan Scion, was split apart, he may run into some of them in the future. I’ll have another RNG for that later on, and it will affect the awareness of the Beastclans.

If three or more Imperials die in the same area, an Emperor will appear and Lan’s group must leave the region immediately. He cannot return to that region until the Emperor is taken care of. Failure to escape … won’t be good.

Crossovers and Roleplaying
Since Lan will be moving all over the place, I would absolutely love to do crossovers! Please feel free to PM me about instigating a crossover, and we can roleplay or talk it out! If someone with a clan with lore gifts me something, I can’t promise that I’ll be able to include that lore, but if I will try my best!

May 26th: If you take in a "dead" dragon and would still like to do a crossover, you'll have to exclude that dragon from your clan's lore for the crossover! (Suggested by Tsukistar!)

Other
I imagine that each flight can control their own element to an extent, if the dragon has magical abilities, but I usually assume that Arcane dragons’ magic is more along the lines of telekinesis.

Any and all harpy familiars gained must be sold or given away, and add +15 to awareness.

Skipping the Harpy’s Roost venue is encouraged. Otherwise, add +(tbd) to awareness every time the party encounters a harpy. +(tbd) if unable to kill them and forced to flee.
Data (Inspired by @Axqu’s Nuzlocke, My Name is Galli!)

*These formulas may change depending on how well they work!

Harpy awareness:
A = L (x+x) * #of dragons * 50
Max increase per day = A/2 (Shifting Expanse)

(Example: Assuming Lan's level = 5)

A = (5) * 50 = 250
Max increase per day = 250/2 = 125

Travel: (these values are not meant to represent the number of miles between regions, just how far Lan manages to travel in compared to how far he needs to travel.)

T = [(travel-able dragons level total) / (#of dragons that must be carried [if 1, -1] + #of dragons that must be helped *.5) ] *18 = max distance to be traveled each day
Max Dist. * (total # of dragons) = needed travel amount to reach the next region

T = (5-1) * 18 = 72
72 * 2 = 144
Data (Inspired by @Axqu’s Nuzlocke, My Name is Galli!)

*These formulas may change depending on how well they work!

Harpy awareness:
A = L (x+x) * #of dragons * 50
Max increase per day = A/2 (Shifting Expanse)

(Example: Assuming Lan's level = 5)

A = (5) * 50 = 250
Max increase per day = 250/2 = 125

Travel: (these values are not meant to represent the number of miles between regions, just how far Lan manages to travel in compared to how far he needs to travel.)

T = [(travel-able dragons level total) / (#of dragons that must be carried [if 1, -1] + #of dragons that must be helped *.5) ] *18 = max distance to be traveled each day
Max Dist. * (total # of dragons) = needed travel amount to reach the next region

T = (5-1) * 18 = 72
72 * 2 = 144
Current Status:

Current Location – Sunbeam Ruins
Next location = Viridian Labyrinth, Tangled Wood, Sea of a Thousand Currents, Shifting Expanse

*The next location is chosen by a assigning each region bordering the current location a number and then using a RNG. If Lan was forced to flee a region, he cannot go back to it until he has traveled to two other regions. If he’s trapped … well, we’ll get to that if it happens.

Travel Log:
0. (Day 0) Shifting Expanse = Data unavailable.
I. (Day 1) Shifting Expanse = (+49) Awareness = 49/250
-- (Day 2) Shifting Expanse = (+45) Awareness = 94/250
-- (Day 3) Shifting Expanse = (+57) Awareness = 151/250
-- (Day 4) Shifting Expanse = (+102) Awareness = 253/250
-- (Day 5) Shifting Expanse = (+38) Distance Traveled = 38/144
-- (Day 6) Shifting Expanse = (+56) Distance Traveled = 94/144
-- (Day 7) Shifting Expanse = (+52) Distance Traveled = 146/144
( Assigned numbers Sunbeam Ruins (1), Sea of a Thousand Currents (2), Ashfall Waste (3) - RNG chose 1)
II. (Day 8) Sunbeam Ruins = (+97) Awareness = 97/900
-- (Day 9) Sunbeam Ruins = (+47) Awareness = 144/900
-- (Day 10) Sunbeam Ruins = (+129) Awareness = 273/900
-- (Day 11) Sunbeam Ruins = (+123) Awareness = 396/900
-- (Day 12) Sunbeam Ruins = (+80) Awareness = 476/900
-- (Day 13) Sunbeam Ruins = (+91) Awareness = 567/900
Current Status:

Current Location – Sunbeam Ruins
Next location = Viridian Labyrinth, Tangled Wood, Sea of a Thousand Currents, Shifting Expanse

*The next location is chosen by a assigning each region bordering the current location a number and then using a RNG. If Lan was forced to flee a region, he cannot go back to it until he has traveled to two other regions. If he’s trapped … well, we’ll get to that if it happens.

Travel Log:
0. (Day 0) Shifting Expanse = Data unavailable.
I. (Day 1) Shifting Expanse = (+49) Awareness = 49/250
-- (Day 2) Shifting Expanse = (+45) Awareness = 94/250
-- (Day 3) Shifting Expanse = (+57) Awareness = 151/250
-- (Day 4) Shifting Expanse = (+102) Awareness = 253/250
-- (Day 5) Shifting Expanse = (+38) Distance Traveled = 38/144
-- (Day 6) Shifting Expanse = (+56) Distance Traveled = 94/144
-- (Day 7) Shifting Expanse = (+52) Distance Traveled = 146/144
( Assigned numbers Sunbeam Ruins (1), Sea of a Thousand Currents (2), Ashfall Waste (3) - RNG chose 1)
II. (Day 8) Sunbeam Ruins = (+97) Awareness = 97/900
-- (Day 9) Sunbeam Ruins = (+47) Awareness = 144/900
-- (Day 10) Sunbeam Ruins = (+129) Awareness = 273/900
-- (Day 11) Sunbeam Ruins = (+123) Awareness = 396/900
-- (Day 12) Sunbeam Ruins = (+80) Awareness = 476/900
-- (Day 13) Sunbeam Ruins = (+91) Awareness = 567/900
Pinglist:

@Digimon11 @Axqu @Tsukistar @Neige @Hanelli @Nimphy @gunslinger @Druddigon8 @FlyingNorth
Pinglist:

@Digimon11 @Axqu @Tsukistar @Neige @Hanelli @Nimphy @gunslinger @Druddigon8 @FlyingNorth
another reserved post just in case I missed something ...
another reserved post just in case I missed something ...
Day 0 - The Shifting Expanse. Data unavailable.

I stared in the direction of my lair – the place I had lived all of my short life – and watched the firestorm burn. It was Core’s. The firestorm, that is. The Imperial was known to set them off. The past … what felt like minutes had passed in a blur.

I had come back from weaving my first storm, eager to show Mother. I had come back to harpies attacking our lair, Celica’s Stonewatch Harpy had allied with the Beastclan. Celica had met me on my way to the lair, her familiar’s bloodied mask clutched in her claw like her pearl.

I had seen Nox and Kihone, two white Skydancers, fighting near the lair. Nox’s leg was badly injured, and he could barely stand on his own.

I had briefly fought with a harpy – her talons slashed my shoulder and I broke her wing. Dian, the matriarch, had helped me finish the fight. She told me to go inside. Find Mother and check on the nesting area. Dian and Torrent’s eggs hadn’t survived, but maybe Nox and Kihone’s …

I had flown inside. The previously neatly cut stone and decorative murals created by the Wildclaws in our clan were destroyed, and various electrical contraptions were sparking uselessly on the ground. I had heard roaring and fighting further in and darted forward.

The nest area, a large cavern with a high dragon-made sunroof made of crystal, had been in chaos. Celsius and Maltet, two Ice Spirals, curled around a nest while Crest and Regalia, two dark Nocturnes, struck at the harpies crowded into the room from the sparse shadows.

And Mother had been there – I had fought my way through the harpies to her side by the nest the Spirals were guarding.

And then, Mother had handed me an egg.

“This is …”

“Kihone and Nox’s. Their only surviving.” Mother had stared into my eyes as she spoke. “Lan. Take the egg and find somewhere to hide away from here.”

What?!” I sputtered, cradling the egg close to my chest, “Mother, I can’t – I mean, Nox and Kihone –“

“ – only want their egg to be safe,” Mother interrupted, her eyes softening a moment later. “And you can. You braved a lightning storm and became a Storm Dancer at such a young age. We cannot come with you,” she added, before I could ask, “the matriarch of the harpies knows all of us. But she doesn’t know you. She told Dian that she would kill us all, including the two Storm Dancers here.”

“But Ororo was out making a storm too, what about –“

“Lan,” Mother said, looking at me seriously, “she came back early to see your storm. She’s fighting, and so is your father. Now, we need you to flee.”

“But – Wait, I –“

“I love you,” Mother had said, pressing her forehead to mine. The embrace lasted only a second before she turned sharply and barked, “NOW!”

Celsius and Maltet had shot ice past me at the ceiling. The crystal above me froze and cracked, and then Regalia and Crest shot forward, smashing through it before making a U-turn and leaping back into the fray when Maltet screamed, a harpy digging it’s talons into her. I had turned, wanting to fight, but Mother’s eyes glowed and I was pushed up, forced to spread my wings to stop myself from crashing. Mother stared at me for a long moment, as if memorizing my features, before smiling weakly and forcing me out of the cavern with her magic.

---

I had to leave. I was still hovering near the spot where Mother put me. Where did Mother want me to go, though? The only place I had ever known was … here.

“What are you doing?!” A new voice made me spin around, coming face to face with Rivis. The silver Coatl’s Arcane eyes were sharp with grief, and he growled at me. “We’re fighting to give you a godsforsaken chance to escape, so take it!” He grabbed my free hand with his tail and pulled me along before shoving me in a direction away from the fighting. “Fly,” he said, normally confident and sharp voice shaking, “someone needs to get out of here unscathed.”

“What?!” I clutched the egg close, careful to not crack it, and stared wide-eyed at Rivis. “Wait, what do you –“

For the umpteenth time that day, I was interrupted. “Shut up and go, idiot!” Rivis forced me away with a powerful blast of Arcane magic. It didn’t hurt, but when I looked back up he was a speck in the distance. As the magic faded, I heard his voice add one last thing. “And don’t you die out there. Got it?”
Day 0 - The Shifting Expanse. Data unavailable.

I stared in the direction of my lair – the place I had lived all of my short life – and watched the firestorm burn. It was Core’s. The firestorm, that is. The Imperial was known to set them off. The past … what felt like minutes had passed in a blur.

I had come back from weaving my first storm, eager to show Mother. I had come back to harpies attacking our lair, Celica’s Stonewatch Harpy had allied with the Beastclan. Celica had met me on my way to the lair, her familiar’s bloodied mask clutched in her claw like her pearl.

I had seen Nox and Kihone, two white Skydancers, fighting near the lair. Nox’s leg was badly injured, and he could barely stand on his own.

I had briefly fought with a harpy – her talons slashed my shoulder and I broke her wing. Dian, the matriarch, had helped me finish the fight. She told me to go inside. Find Mother and check on the nesting area. Dian and Torrent’s eggs hadn’t survived, but maybe Nox and Kihone’s …

I had flown inside. The previously neatly cut stone and decorative murals created by the Wildclaws in our clan were destroyed, and various electrical contraptions were sparking uselessly on the ground. I had heard roaring and fighting further in and darted forward.

The nest area, a large cavern with a high dragon-made sunroof made of crystal, had been in chaos. Celsius and Maltet, two Ice Spirals, curled around a nest while Crest and Regalia, two dark Nocturnes, struck at the harpies crowded into the room from the sparse shadows.

And Mother had been there – I had fought my way through the harpies to her side by the nest the Spirals were guarding.

And then, Mother had handed me an egg.

“This is …”

“Kihone and Nox’s. Their only surviving.” Mother had stared into my eyes as she spoke. “Lan. Take the egg and find somewhere to hide away from here.”

What?!” I sputtered, cradling the egg close to my chest, “Mother, I can’t – I mean, Nox and Kihone –“

“ – only want their egg to be safe,” Mother interrupted, her eyes softening a moment later. “And you can. You braved a lightning storm and became a Storm Dancer at such a young age. We cannot come with you,” she added, before I could ask, “the matriarch of the harpies knows all of us. But she doesn’t know you. She told Dian that she would kill us all, including the two Storm Dancers here.”

“But Ororo was out making a storm too, what about –“

“Lan,” Mother said, looking at me seriously, “she came back early to see your storm. She’s fighting, and so is your father. Now, we need you to flee.”

“But – Wait, I –“

“I love you,” Mother had said, pressing her forehead to mine. The embrace lasted only a second before she turned sharply and barked, “NOW!”

Celsius and Maltet had shot ice past me at the ceiling. The crystal above me froze and cracked, and then Regalia and Crest shot forward, smashing through it before making a U-turn and leaping back into the fray when Maltet screamed, a harpy digging it’s talons into her. I had turned, wanting to fight, but Mother’s eyes glowed and I was pushed up, forced to spread my wings to stop myself from crashing. Mother stared at me for a long moment, as if memorizing my features, before smiling weakly and forcing me out of the cavern with her magic.

---

I had to leave. I was still hovering near the spot where Mother put me. Where did Mother want me to go, though? The only place I had ever known was … here.

“What are you doing?!” A new voice made me spin around, coming face to face with Rivis. The silver Coatl’s Arcane eyes were sharp with grief, and he growled at me. “We’re fighting to give you a godsforsaken chance to escape, so take it!” He grabbed my free hand with his tail and pulled me along before shoving me in a direction away from the fighting. “Fly,” he said, normally confident and sharp voice shaking, “someone needs to get out of here unscathed.”

“What?!” I clutched the egg close, careful to not crack it, and stared wide-eyed at Rivis. “Wait, what do you –“

For the umpteenth time that day, I was interrupted. “Shut up and go, idiot!” Rivis forced me away with a powerful blast of Arcane magic. It didn’t hurt, but when I looked back up he was a speck in the distance. As the magic faded, I heard his voice add one last thing. “And don’t you die out there. Got it?”
@Cien pinglist please. Can't wait to see what Lan does C:
@Cien pinglist please. Can't wait to see what Lan does C:
ldNLSdw.png
@Digimon11
Of course! Thank you for showing interest! :'D
Lan doesn't really know what to do, but he'll be trying his best!
@Digimon11
Of course! Thank you for showing interest! :'D
Lan doesn't really know what to do, but he'll be trying his best!
@Cien Pinglist please? And I'm up for crossovers, both with my main clan and my Nuzlocke party, though I warn you my main clan is both paranoid to the extreme and armed even more heavily. XD
@Cien Pinglist please? And I'm up for crossovers, both with my main clan and my Nuzlocke party, though I warn you my main clan is both paranoid to the extreme and armed even more heavily. XD
hoMNYDJ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9