Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Resort Nuzlocke - New Story p51
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
LOVEEEEEE ITTTT~

Oops sorry I made a new page. One back peeps!
LOVEEEEEE ITTTT~

Oops sorry I made a new page. One back peeps!
Welcome to the Earth... here we have dirt and rocks for your sitting convenience. Enjoy.
@Kizmetto

I changed my name from Neige to Fuurin - would love to stay on your ping list! :D
Excited for this new adventure and omg Lotus is beautiful *o*
@Kizmetto

I changed my name from Neige to Fuurin - would love to stay on your ping list! :D
Excited for this new adventure and omg Lotus is beautiful *o*
natureh5.png
@Kizmetto interesting concept! excited to see where this goes :)
@Kizmetto interesting concept! excited to see where this goes :)
ho5M9.gif2IGO4.gifobKSC.gif
@Kizmetto [center][b]NEW STORY [SIZE=4]NEW STORY[/SIZE] [size=5]NEW STORY[/size][/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/HUBYi7n.gif[/img][/center]
@Kizmetto
NEW STORY
NEW STORY
NEW STORY

HUBYi7n.gif
sig_me.pngsig_art.pngsig_f2u.png
@felGS @Tierce @kingdoge @Fuurin @texandemox @VictoryInSolace @wisecakes @ArgenteaMoon @nindeanwa @Joydom29 @scyras @Sakku @dovalore @Xaldin @Kallastromuel @FlyingNorth @survivors @Antaria @rosemarywood @rookery @spacesnake @bunnykei @kingofeli @Aetherluxumbra @Fluffypuppy77 @TacoTheMighty @skylinecity [b]Chapter 0.1 - Rump Steak[/b] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/9a5865ddcefb30cf6e5b24e6d7f1301a/tumblr_ocv493k9fx1u2ms2do4_500.png[/img] The Resort was bustling with life this bright afternoon, dragons from all over Sorineth exploring the gardens, soaking in the rays and enjoying their time here. There were pearlcatchers polishing their pearls and Ridgeback children sparring with their noses, whilst their parents watched on from afar. The cobblestone paths lined with moss felt smooth and cool to walk on, the faint touch of the moss grounding whoever walked on it to the earth. Shadows cast from the weeping willows were filtered to create a dappled pattern, creating a rather soft ambiance of the garden. A reward for being in the tropics. There was a pattering and a faint call out from the nearby café, and shortly a small flaxen coloured guardian pup rushed out, scampering away with a large t-bone steak in its maw. Its tongue sagged slightly as she ran, dipping between the legs of Aegis - a golden dragon who worked at the Breezebreak Resort - , who tried his best to snag the thief, but she was too quick for him. “Kataki! You thief!” another voice roared, coming from the chef who presumably, cooked that steak. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=59149&did=26581528][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/12a36441a756ee156f01bfcc4ba66471/tumblr_ocv493k9fx1u2ms2do2_400.png[/img][/url] She scampered away into the large growths of the garden, hidden by the thick shrubbery that now concealed her. Aegis shoved his head into the bush to try and find her, his crest’s flicking once. “Kataki! We know ya ‘ere, just come out ok-ay?” He tried his best to put on his most soothing voice, but what came out was something comparable to chalkboard, as his voice cracked towards the end. The youth paused for a moment, placing the steak on her paws, licking her lips. Her bright lemongrass eyes stared at the source of the voice for a moment, just listening, before she snickered and clamped the steak once more, sliding away down hidden paths she had forged for her small size. Her light yellow body blended in quite well to the Resorts main garden, which was lush with various flowers and plants. Kataki had some brown freckles on her cheeks and fins and her horns were a little more than nubs, she was still quite young. Her stubby tail raised in pride as she finally returned to her little hidey-hole at the base of the largest willow tree, nestled in thick roots and the soil was soft and plump. The roots themselves served as a tasty source of protein for herself and her partner. “Kataki..You’re back..” a small voice quipped, bright cyan eyes emerging from the darkness. Her body was a deep red, almost like clay but darker. The red guardian’s nostrils flared as the scent of the steak filled the den, the eloquent spices and perfectly grilled meat was mouth-watering to the children. Kataki placed it in the centre and sat back on her haunches, admiring her ‘catch’. “Yep! Stupid chef is way too slow; I bet he eats most of what he serves!” She jeered, taking one long deep inhale, before she bit into the steak. “So good!” she muffled, inviting the other female. “C’mon Fafnir!” [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=59149&did=26581536][img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/5c7cf7d8acfec2e1fce6ed5bdb173a6c/tumblr_ocv493k9fx1u2ms2do1_400.png[/img][/url] The two guardian children split the fantastic meal, content with the amount they ate. That would keep them happy for a little while at least. Fafnir curled her claws under herself, much like a domesticated cat would, and she found this position quite comfortable, because it allowed her to contain her own body heat, since living in a hollow under a tree isn’t exactly the warmest of locations. She wished she could live inside the Mound, inside the flashy resort. Where guests were warm, where guests could eat any time they wanted, could do what they wanted – and with their families. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she allowed herself to carry on with these whimsical day dreams, accepting that this was not the fate she was destined to live. Kataki stretched her lithe body and yawned, sharp white teeth gleaming slightly in the dim light. She was feeling itchy, but not in the regular sense. She was eager, but for what? “Hey Faf, let’s go to the Koi Pond!” She exclaimed, just wanting to do something with herself, feeling way to restless to go to sleep now. Fafnir stared at her, then back at the soft, loamy soil they had padded down into a sort of bed. It was an attempt at least, since they had tried to plump it up with feathers, leaves and scraps of materials guests have left around the resort. It wasn’t much, but this was their home they had made for themselves. “I don’t want to.” She said finally, a loud exasperated sigh came from her friend. She was just being melodramatic now, sighing repeatedly and resting her head on Fafnir’s body, trying to coax her up. “No…Kati no..” She growled slightly, nipping the other on her cheek fin. “Yow! Fine! I’ll go by myself. See if I care.” Kataki pouted, before huffing and squeezing out the hole, rustling through the bushes and she was gone. Fafnir closed her eyes, trying to recall why she was here, why she was currently sleeping in a den with another child. She shivered and curled into a tighter ball, whimpering slightly as the wind breezed through, removing some of her warmth she was trying to keep in. [i]‘Where are my parents? Where are Kataki’s? Are we related? Were we… left behind?’[/i]
@felGS @Tierce @kingdoge @Fuurin @texandemox @VictoryInSolace @wisecakes @ArgenteaMoon @nindeanwa @Joydom29 @scyras @Sakku @dovalore @Xaldin @Kallastromuel @FlyingNorth @survivors @Antaria @rosemarywood @rookery @spacesnake @bunnykei @kingofeli @Aetherluxumbra @Fluffypuppy77 @TacoTheMighty @skylinecity

Chapter 0.1 - Rump Steak

tumblr_ocv493k9fx1u2ms2do4_500.png

The Resort was bustling with life this bright afternoon, dragons from all over Sorineth exploring the gardens, soaking in the rays and enjoying their time here. There were pearlcatchers polishing their pearls and Ridgeback children sparring with their noses, whilst their parents watched on from afar. The cobblestone paths lined with moss felt smooth and cool to walk on, the faint touch of the moss grounding whoever walked on it to the earth. Shadows cast from the weeping willows were filtered to create a dappled pattern, creating a rather soft ambiance of the garden. A reward for being in the tropics.

There was a pattering and a faint call out from the nearby café, and shortly a small flaxen coloured guardian pup rushed out, scampering away with a large t-bone steak in its maw. Its tongue sagged slightly as she ran, dipping between the legs of Aegis - a golden dragon who worked at the Breezebreak Resort - , who tried his best to snag the thief, but she was too quick for him. “Kataki! You thief!” another voice roared, coming from the chef who presumably, cooked that steak.

tumblr_ocv493k9fx1u2ms2do2_400.png

She scampered away into the large growths of the garden, hidden by the thick shrubbery that now concealed her. Aegis shoved his head into the bush to try and find her, his crest’s flicking once. “Kataki! We know ya ‘ere, just come out ok-ay?” He tried his best to put on his most soothing voice, but what came out was something comparable to chalkboard, as his voice cracked towards the end. The youth paused for a moment, placing the steak on her paws, licking her lips. Her bright lemongrass eyes stared at the source of the voice for a moment, just listening, before she snickered and clamped the steak once more, sliding away down hidden paths she had forged for her small size.

Her light yellow body blended in quite well to the Resorts main garden, which was lush with various flowers and plants. Kataki had some brown freckles on her cheeks and fins and her horns were a little more than nubs, she was still quite young. Her stubby tail raised in pride as she finally returned to her little hidey-hole at the base of the largest willow tree, nestled in thick roots and the soil was soft and plump. The roots themselves served as a tasty source of protein for herself and her partner.

“Kataki..You’re back..” a small voice quipped, bright cyan eyes emerging from the darkness. Her body was a deep red, almost like clay but darker. The red guardian’s nostrils flared as the scent of the steak filled the den, the eloquent spices and perfectly grilled meat was mouth-watering to the children. Kataki placed it in the centre and sat back on her haunches, admiring her ‘catch’. “Yep! Stupid chef is way too slow; I bet he eats most of what he serves!” She jeered, taking one long deep inhale, before she bit into the steak. “So good!” she muffled, inviting the other female. “C’mon Fafnir!”

tumblr_ocv493k9fx1u2ms2do1_400.png

The two guardian children split the fantastic meal, content with the amount they ate. That would keep them happy for a little while at least. Fafnir curled her claws under herself, much like a domesticated cat would, and she found this position quite comfortable, because it allowed her to contain her own body heat, since living in a hollow under a tree isn’t exactly the warmest of locations. She wished she could live inside the Mound, inside the flashy resort. Where guests were warm, where guests could eat any time they wanted, could do what they wanted – and with their families. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she allowed herself to carry on with these whimsical day dreams, accepting that this was not the fate she was destined to live.

Kataki stretched her lithe body and yawned, sharp white teeth gleaming slightly in the dim light. She was feeling itchy, but not in the regular sense. She was eager, but for what? “Hey Faf, let’s go to the Koi Pond!” She exclaimed, just wanting to do something with herself, feeling way to restless to go to sleep now. Fafnir stared at her, then back at the soft, loamy soil they had padded down into a sort of bed. It was an attempt at least, since they had tried to plump it up with feathers, leaves and scraps of materials guests have left around the resort. It wasn’t much, but this was their home they had made for themselves. “I don’t want to.” She said finally, a loud exasperated sigh came from her friend. She was just being melodramatic now, sighing repeatedly and resting her head on Fafnir’s body, trying to coax her up. “No…Kati no..” She growled slightly, nipping the other on her cheek fin. “Yow! Fine! I’ll go by myself. See if I care.” Kataki pouted, before huffing and squeezing out the hole, rustling through the bushes and she was gone.

Fafnir closed her eyes, trying to recall why she was here, why she was currently sleeping in a den with another child. She shivered and curled into a tighter ball, whimpering slightly as the wind breezed through, removing some of her warmth she was trying to keep in.

‘Where are my parents? Where are Kataki’s? Are we related? Were we… left behind?’

Babies!!!
Babies!!!
Welcome to the Earth... here we have dirt and rocks for your sitting convenience. Enjoy.
@felGS @Tierce @kingdoge @Fuurin @texandemox @VictoryInSolace @wisecakes @ArgenteaMoon @nindeanwa @Joydom29 @scyras @Sakku @dovalore @Xaldin @Kallastromuel @FlyingNorth @survivors @Antaria @rosemarywood @rookery @spacesnake @bunnykei @kingofeli @Aetherluxumbra @Fluffypuppy77 @TacoTheMighty @skylinecity Warning, blood and gorey scene in this chapter. [b]Chapter 0.2 – Blood and Bandits[/b] A red, hazy mist swirls around feet as dragons paced around the room, tough claws clacking noisily against the hardened resin that made up the floor. It was tough, shiny, and you could see remnants of life within, like unfortunate bugs and shrubs that were caught in its construction. This was the main hall for operations under the war-driven clan of ‘Renzokuken’. It was located along the borders of the harsh plains that was the Plaguemothers lands, and nestled in the cliffs and canyons of Windsinger. Their secluded clan was very much hidden from public view, just as they liked it. Strong hierarchy rules here, and money reigns over all. In a nut shell, this is a bloodthirsty clan who work pay check to pay check as mercenaries for other clans. Muscle for hire. Dragons born within Renzokuken are bred and put through rigorous training at a young age, toughening their scales and strengthening their willpower, through a reward system and rankings are earned and highly respected. Some dragons are much stealthier and leave Renzokuken to find their own fortune, and others are dispatched to fight wars for other clans. This is where Soot was born. Soot was born to the Duke at the time, instantly placing her as more important among dragons, and her unique colouration deemed her a ‘boon from the gods’ as her father would say. Soot lived a cruisy life, despite the general hardship and disjunction the clan had. She found her niche in treasure maintenance and became the treasurer of Renzokuken, managing pay checks and accepting and declining offers. If the penny was not high enough, she would not shed her kin’s blood. Soot eventually had a life revelation during a raid on their lands, she was quickly ushered away and protected as a few lives were slain for hers, waking her up to the reality as she watched her father, the Duke, beheaded before her eyes. His crimson eyes faded quickly and that was all it took to wake the coatl. This wasn’t right. Taking her Nightmare familiar with her, she fled the lands of Renzokuken and travelled south into Wind territories, eventually finding her home in Breezebreak. --- Years on, however is quite different for Renzokuken. Since that raid that literally ripped the hierarchy apart, the clan became even more disjointed without a leader or someone managing their jobs, their operations. The mercenaries there started taking any job they could, not even realising that they were being severely underpaid or grossly overworked, since they never learnt how to deal in contracts and legality systems. Dragons there became anti-social and refused guests and passerbyers through their territory, they started pillaging local, smaller clans for food and treasure and lost all sense of pride they may have once had. The fallen clan was nothing more than a township of bandits now. No one trusted anyone else, blood was spilled for pennies and hatchlings were left to fend for themselves. Two mirror pups were fighting over a shred of meat, stretching it thin between them as the meat became taut. A third grey coloured mirror was nearby, watching the two fight between them, waiting for the opportune moment. The grey mirror poised himself before he dashed between the maws of the other two mirrors, snatching the meat from their jaws and fleeing. He was scrawny and dashed into alley ways and under barrels, the other two kids furiously chasing after him and nipping at his tail. “Bring that back!” one exclaimed, growing and snapping at the third’s tail, causing him to growl in pain, he was not dropping this meat. It wasn’t even for him. He had to do it. He pushed his small body faster and leapt across stalls, trying his hardest to lose his trackers, eventually losing one. The other kid was dark blue and had a scar across his nose; he howled and tackled the thief to the ground. They tumbled in a ball and ripped at each others’ flesh, claws raking across faces and wing membrane being punctured with young, sharp teeth. The two had started to draw attention, and the meat was long discarded. A large shadow was cast over the juvenile mirrors, a low, deep growl omitted from the large dragon. “Break it up, you maunderers.” He hissed, glowing red eyes staring at them. The boys hissed and disbanded, licking at their wounds and walking away. The blue scarred mirror quickly snatched the meat that was stolen from him, returning to his destination, which was tucked away in a beaten old alley way behind a butchery. It was high noon, almost due. His weak form shivered from the wounds he just received, his tail tucked between his legs. Limping towards a circle of barrels, the child noticed the mirror he had just fought was in the middle, his whole body quivering. Lowering his head and crest as an older Guardian cub stepped forward, noticing the lack of meat before the pup. “Where is it?” the guardian cub asked, standing up taller and puffing out his chest. The mirror pup cowered slightly, “I-i-I had some trouble w-with someone...” He started, but was quickly silenced as the Guardian stomped his foot. “I don’t care what happened to you! You know what happens when you don’t pay me, don’t you?” He started, and as if on cue, several other dragon kids stepped out behind him, behind the ringleader. “Arjun please!” The mirror pup cried, backing up further, but was prevented as some of Arjun’s cronies stopped him before he could flee. The blue mirror watched on from behind a barrel, knowing well what happens if you don’t bring Arjun food, as he was in their situation once. The mirror in the middle was beaten by the Guardian and his crew, ripping his flesh further and beaten badly. “Hold him down.” Arjun, the black guardian commanded, two Ridgeback boys obliged and held him down. Arjun leant down and inspected his handiwork, the grey mirror panting hard and bleeding everywhere. The guardian clenched his fist and relaxed it again, staring at the mirrors crests. They were rigid, and mirrors used them in displays of dominance and pride. This mirror dis-respected him. He would teach him a lesson. He leant over and pressed his claw in the middle of the crest, earning a plea of forgiveness from the boy. “Please! Please no, don’t touch those! A-Ah it hurts!” He whimpered, a long pitiful cry coming from his beaten body. Of course Arjun didn’t listen, and pressed harder. The whining intensified from the cub, and now his crew started to avert their own gaze. No longer was this punishment, this was cruelty. The mirror tried to squirm free, but the ridgebacks held him down firmly, one of them now holding him under his jaw. The black guardian was fixated on the mirrors crowns and finally, he shifted his entire weight onto his claws and there was a very loud crack, like ice splitting and a gut-wrenching scream from the boy as his crest was just broken in half. Blood started to pour from his ear holes and his whole body tensed up, a horrible mess of blood, bile and tears. Arjun cracked a smile, silver fangs visible as he released the child from his grip, and dismissing his crew. None looked at their boss in the eye as they took their share of meat and returned to the shadows where they rested. The mirror put lay in a pool of his own blood, crying out for help – but none came. The Guardian returned to his barrel that acted like a throne. “Someone get him out of my sight.” He growled as he started to clean himself from the blood. The blue mirror cowered after watching that whole event transpire, scared to even present his scrap of meat to Arjun. That boy… He was beaten because he didn’t have any food to give up – the meat that he had. It could have easily been him right now, broken crested and a bloody mess. He felt a pang of guilt, but was quickly washed away by relief as he would get to live for another day. He presented his scrap of meat and bowed to Arjun, who nodded to acknowledge the blue mirrors donation, and he quickly left as the scent of blood was still heavy in the air. ---- [i]“Dear whom it may concern, I request your assistance, Renzokuken. I know your dragons are capable of the job, and it is a bit of an odd request. I understand if you decline, but I highly recommend you do not. It is I, Lady Soot. I require the services of one elite, to train up some dragons here at Breezebreak. We don’t need the hardiest of dragons, but someone with the right attitude would be fine. I can offer a nice sum of treasure in exchange for the dragons’ services. Please find attached a map to our territory. Soot, Clan Breezebreak.”[/i] Arjun stared at the fancy handwriting, squinting to try and comprehend it further. “Who the flipping heck is Soot?” He asked openly, his voice traced with confusion and disgust. An elderly pearlcatcher elite perked up slightly, “Did you say Lady Soot?” He asked, sitting up as his armour clacked loudly. The black guardian stared at the other through his bone skull helmet, “Yeah, that’s what I said.” “Oh the lady is still alive..!” He mused, as if the name brought him back to a younger time. “She must be quite old now, I was but a young merc back when Soot and her father reigned…” He continued to reminisce, further irritating the black guardian. “Whatever, she wants to hire someone to train up some weaklings.” He added, scrunching up the parchment and discarding it. The elderly Pearlcatcher eagerly picked it up and read the message himself. “You dolt! This is a mission… And Soot pays very fairly…” He turned to show some of his fellow elders the note, but Arjun came back up to him. “How much exactly? She said she doesn’t care who does the job, just that she needs it done.” “What makes you think you’re fit for the task?” The elder jostled, a smirk twisting at his mouth. Arjun frowned, puffing out his chest. “You know I’m strong, you know I’m fast. I’ll get those weaklings trained up in a month.” He boasted, red eyes gleaming with his own ego. The elder shook his head, “Where did you find this note anyway?” “It was given to me by some ditzy spiral girl, who came from that Breezebreak place…So I read it.” “It wasn’t even addressed to you.” The younger male sort of shrugged and was shot a glare from the offended dragon, who left. That night, Arjun took the letter and the map and left Renzokuken for Breezebreak. He had no attachment to that place anyway, it was dark, dangerous and he had no friends – nothing to lose. He’ll earn that coin and make fine warriors out of those weaklings. ---- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=59149&tab=dragon&did=26461252][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/fd59fe5955e1cae53487cd548270658b/tumblr_inline_ocz5i9jqu01snz70d_400.png[/img][/url] It was a long flight but the clan of Breezebreak was easy enough to find. It was illuminated with lanterns and lush with trees, colours he had never even seen before in flowers and grasses, dragons of every shape and species smiling and getting along with each other. It was the strangest sight. The large black guardian landed with a heavy ‘whoomph’, the dust around him dissipating. He received a few glances and even a smile, in which he cracked a crooked smile which scared the local children. Feeling very out of place, he quickly entered the domain. “This place..Breezebreak?” His voice was low, ushered. He was speaking to a white lady pearlcatcher with purple dappled wings. “Yes sir, are you here to check into the Resort?” [i]‘resort??’[/i] he thought. “Er, Im here to see Soot.” His voice was gruff and straight to the point. Smaller dragons struggled to get past his large form, some children gawking at his bone helmet. “don’t stare at him.” Their mother whispered, pushing them away. That was more like it. He wanted to be feared, know that he was dangerous. Like back in Renzokuken. “Oh! You have an appointment? I’ll just let her know you’re here.” She chimed, rubbing her pearl. An image of a coal coloured coatl in bizarre apparel appeared in the foggy orb. “Lady Soot? There is a guardian here to see you.” “I’m very busy. Tell them to go away.” “Oh, He said he’s from..Err.. Renzukoken?” The coatl had a peculiar look on her face, before she nodded, “Alright send him up.” ‘What a weird clan.’ Arjun thought as he followed the young pearlcatcher. She was quite the sight and enjoyed watching her from behind. She felt his eyes on her, shivering slightly. “Um, Sir.. Lady Soot is just up there and to the right. You cant miss it.” She figited slightly as she wanted to return to her post, opting to slip under his wing. The large guardian breathed in her scent as she passed before going on to meet this prestigious dragon. ‘Miss la-di-da must really need some muscle around here… This place is too.. nice.’ He chuckled slightly and found himself in an office. “Renzokuken really did send someone..” She mused, raising her gaze to meet Arjun’s. “Are you able to handle anything?” She started, getting straight to the point. The mercenary stood up straight, “Yes, I believe I can. I’ve trained numbers of dragons before, made them..strong.” “I don’t care about strength, nor numbers. I need results.” He tilted his head slightly, not understanding what she is implying. “What?” “I need you to discipline some youths.” “I’m very good at that.” “Good. Here are their profiles. Find them and discipline them into fine adults and then you shall be rewarded.” The coatl slid forward some documents, they were edged with a paperclip and contained some security photos of…hatchlings? There was a yellow guardian cub running away with meat in their mouth. The other document had another guardian cub, dark red in colouration sitting on top of a roof. “You want me to train !%&^*!* children?” He cussed, slamming his claws onto the table. Soot retained her composure and nodded, “What, you don’t think you can handle some kids?” The guardian scowled and took the documents, “I can handle children.” [i]‘I just thought I was here for an actual mission. To make a difference. Children will be easy, like my childhood.’ [/i]Arjun thought, staring at the photographs once more. [img]https://65.media.tumblr.com/eadf4ea1adca1970f978df0a2098949a/tumblr_inline_ocz5fjhsfC1snz70d_540.png[/img]
@felGS @Tierce @kingdoge @Fuurin @texandemox @VictoryInSolace @wisecakes @ArgenteaMoon @nindeanwa @Joydom29 @scyras @Sakku @dovalore @Xaldin @Kallastromuel @FlyingNorth @survivors @Antaria @rosemarywood @rookery @spacesnake @bunnykei @kingofeli @Aetherluxumbra @Fluffypuppy77 @TacoTheMighty @skylinecity

Warning, blood and gorey scene in this chapter.

Chapter 0.2 – Blood and Bandits

A red, hazy mist swirls around feet as dragons paced around the room, tough claws clacking noisily against the hardened resin that made up the floor. It was tough, shiny, and you could see remnants of life within, like unfortunate bugs and shrubs that were caught in its construction. This was the main hall for operations under the war-driven clan of ‘Renzokuken’. It was located along the borders of the harsh plains that was the Plaguemothers lands, and nestled in the cliffs and canyons of Windsinger. Their secluded clan was very much hidden from public view, just as they liked it. Strong hierarchy rules here, and money reigns over all. In a nut shell, this is a bloodthirsty clan who work pay check to pay check as mercenaries for other clans. Muscle for hire.

Dragons born within Renzokuken are bred and put through rigorous training at a young age, toughening their scales and strengthening their willpower, through a reward system and rankings are earned and highly respected. Some dragons are much stealthier and leave Renzokuken to find their own fortune, and others are dispatched to fight wars for other clans. This is where Soot was born. Soot was born to the Duke at the time, instantly placing her as more important among dragons, and her unique colouration deemed her a ‘boon from the gods’ as her father would say. Soot lived a cruisy life, despite the general hardship and disjunction the clan had. She found her niche in treasure maintenance and became the treasurer of Renzokuken, managing pay checks and accepting and declining offers. If the penny was not high enough, she would not shed her kin’s blood. Soot eventually had a life revelation during a raid on their lands, she was quickly ushered away and protected as a few lives were slain for hers, waking her up to the reality as she watched her father, the Duke, beheaded before her eyes. His crimson eyes faded quickly and that was all it took to wake the coatl. This wasn’t right. Taking her Nightmare familiar with her, she fled the lands of Renzokuken and travelled south into Wind territories, eventually finding her home in Breezebreak.

---

Years on, however is quite different for Renzokuken. Since that raid that literally ripped the hierarchy apart, the clan became even more disjointed without a leader or someone managing their jobs, their operations. The mercenaries there started taking any job they could, not even realising that they were being severely underpaid or grossly overworked, since they never learnt how to deal in contracts and legality systems. Dragons there became anti-social and refused guests and passerbyers through their territory, they started pillaging local, smaller clans for food and treasure and lost all sense of pride they may have once had. The fallen clan was nothing more than a township of bandits now. No one trusted anyone else, blood was spilled for pennies and hatchlings were left to fend for themselves.

Two mirror pups were fighting over a shred of meat, stretching it thin between them as the meat became taut. A third grey coloured mirror was nearby, watching the two fight between them, waiting for the opportune moment. The grey mirror poised himself before he dashed between the maws of the other two mirrors, snatching the meat from their jaws and fleeing. He was scrawny and dashed into alley ways and under barrels, the other two kids furiously chasing after him and nipping at his tail. “Bring that back!” one exclaimed, growing and snapping at the third’s tail, causing him to growl in pain, he was not dropping this meat. It wasn’t even for him. He had to do it. He pushed his small body faster and leapt across stalls, trying his hardest to lose his trackers, eventually losing one. The other kid was dark blue and had a scar across his nose; he howled and tackled the thief to the ground. They tumbled in a ball and ripped at each others’ flesh, claws raking across faces and wing membrane being punctured with young, sharp teeth. The two had started to draw attention, and the meat was long discarded. A large shadow was cast over the juvenile mirrors, a low, deep growl omitted from the large dragon. “Break it up, you maunderers.” He hissed, glowing red eyes staring at them. The boys hissed and disbanded, licking at their wounds and walking away.

The blue scarred mirror quickly snatched the meat that was stolen from him, returning to his destination, which was tucked away in a beaten old alley way behind a butchery. It was high noon, almost due. His weak form shivered from the wounds he just received, his tail tucked between his legs. Limping towards a circle of barrels, the child noticed the mirror he had just fought was in the middle, his whole body quivering. Lowering his head and crest as an older Guardian cub stepped forward, noticing the lack of meat before the pup. “Where is it?” the guardian cub asked, standing up taller and puffing out his chest. The mirror pup cowered slightly, “I-i-I had some trouble w-with someone...” He started, but was quickly silenced as the Guardian stomped his foot. “I don’t care what happened to you! You know what happens when you don’t pay me, don’t you?” He started, and as if on cue, several other dragon kids stepped out behind him, behind the ringleader. “Arjun please!” The mirror pup cried, backing up further, but was prevented as some of Arjun’s cronies stopped him before he could flee.

The blue mirror watched on from behind a barrel, knowing well what happens if you don’t bring Arjun food, as he was in their situation once. The mirror in the middle was beaten by the Guardian and his crew, ripping his flesh further and beaten badly. “Hold him down.” Arjun, the black guardian commanded, two Ridgeback boys obliged and held him down. Arjun leant down and inspected his handiwork, the grey mirror panting hard and bleeding everywhere. The guardian clenched his fist and relaxed it again, staring at the mirrors crests. They were rigid, and mirrors used them in displays of dominance and pride. This mirror dis-respected him. He would teach him a lesson. He leant over and pressed his claw in the middle of the crest, earning a plea of forgiveness from the boy. “Please! Please no, don’t touch those! A-Ah it hurts!” He whimpered, a long pitiful cry coming from his beaten body. Of course Arjun didn’t listen, and pressed harder. The whining intensified from the cub, and now his crew started to avert their own gaze. No longer was this punishment, this was cruelty. The mirror tried to squirm free, but the ridgebacks held him down firmly, one of them now holding him under his jaw. The black guardian was fixated on the mirrors crowns and finally, he shifted his entire weight onto his claws and there was a very loud crack, like ice splitting and a gut-wrenching scream from the boy as his crest was just broken in half. Blood started to pour from his ear holes and his whole body tensed up, a horrible mess of blood, bile and tears.

Arjun cracked a smile, silver fangs visible as he released the child from his grip, and dismissing his crew. None looked at their boss in the eye as they took their share of meat and returned to the shadows where they rested. The mirror put lay in a pool of his own blood, crying out for help – but none came. The Guardian returned to his barrel that acted like a throne. “Someone get him out of my sight.” He growled as he started to clean himself from the blood.
The blue mirror cowered after watching that whole event transpire, scared to even present his scrap of meat to Arjun. That boy… He was beaten because he didn’t have any food to give up – the meat that he had. It could have easily been him right now, broken crested and a bloody mess. He felt a pang of guilt, but was quickly washed away by relief as he would get to live for another day. He presented his scrap of meat and bowed to Arjun, who nodded to acknowledge the blue mirrors donation, and he quickly left as the scent of blood was still heavy in the air.

----

“Dear whom it may concern,

I request your assistance, Renzokuken. I know your dragons are capable of the job, and it is a bit of an odd request. I understand if you decline, but I highly recommend you do not. It is I, Lady Soot. I require the services of one elite, to train up some dragons here at Breezebreak. We don’t need the hardiest of dragons, but someone with the right attitude would be fine. I can offer a nice sum of treasure in exchange for the dragons’ services.

Please find attached a map to our territory.

Soot, Clan Breezebreak.”

Arjun stared at the fancy handwriting, squinting to try and comprehend it further. “Who the flipping heck is Soot?” He asked openly, his voice traced with confusion and disgust. An elderly pearlcatcher elite perked up slightly, “Did you say Lady Soot?” He asked, sitting up as his armour clacked loudly. The black guardian stared at the other through his bone skull helmet, “Yeah, that’s what I said.”

“Oh the lady is still alive..!” He mused, as if the name brought him back to a younger time. “She must be quite old now, I was but a young merc back when Soot and her father reigned…” He continued to reminisce, further irritating the black guardian. “Whatever, she wants to hire someone to train up some weaklings.” He added, scrunching up the parchment and discarding it. The elderly Pearlcatcher eagerly picked it up and read the message himself. “You dolt! This is a mission… And Soot pays very fairly…” He turned to show some of his fellow elders the note, but Arjun came back up to him. “How much exactly? She said she doesn’t care who does the job, just that she needs it done.”

“What makes you think you’re fit for the task?” The elder jostled, a smirk twisting at his mouth. Arjun frowned, puffing out his chest. “You know I’m strong, you know I’m fast. I’ll get those weaklings trained up in a month.” He boasted, red eyes gleaming with his own ego. The elder shook his head, “Where did you find this note anyway?”

“It was given to me by some ditzy spiral girl, who came from that Breezebreak place…So I read it.”

“It wasn’t even addressed to you.”

The younger male sort of shrugged and was shot a glare from the offended dragon, who left.
That night, Arjun took the letter and the map and left Renzokuken for Breezebreak. He had no attachment to that place anyway, it was dark, dangerous and he had no friends – nothing to lose. He’ll earn that coin and make fine warriors out of those weaklings.

----

tumblr_inline_ocz5i9jqu01snz70d_400.png

It was a long flight but the clan of Breezebreak was easy enough to find. It was illuminated with lanterns and lush with trees, colours he had never even seen before in flowers and grasses, dragons of every shape and species smiling and getting along with each other. It was the strangest sight. The large black guardian landed with a heavy ‘whoomph’, the dust around him dissipating. He received a few glances and even a smile, in which he cracked a crooked smile which scared the local children. Feeling very out of place, he quickly entered the domain. “This place..Breezebreak?” His voice was low, ushered. He was speaking to a white lady pearlcatcher with purple dappled wings. “Yes sir, are you here to check into the Resort?”

‘resort??’ he thought.

“Er, Im here to see Soot.” His voice was gruff and straight to the point. Smaller dragons struggled to get past his large form, some children gawking at his bone helmet. “don’t stare at him.” Their mother whispered, pushing them away. That was more like it. He wanted to be feared, know that he was dangerous. Like back in Renzokuken.
“Oh! You have an appointment? I’ll just let her know you’re here.” She chimed, rubbing her pearl. An image of a coal coloured coatl in bizarre apparel appeared in the foggy orb. “Lady Soot? There is a guardian here to see you.”

“I’m very busy. Tell them to go away.”

“Oh, He said he’s from..Err.. Renzukoken?”

The coatl had a peculiar look on her face, before she nodded, “Alright send him up.”

‘What a weird clan.’ Arjun thought as he followed the young pearlcatcher. She was quite the sight and enjoyed watching her from behind. She felt his eyes on her, shivering slightly. “Um, Sir.. Lady Soot is just up there and to the right. You cant miss it.” She figited slightly as she wanted to return to her post, opting to slip under his wing. The large guardian breathed in her scent as she passed before going on to meet this prestigious dragon. ‘Miss la-di-da must really need some muscle around here… This place is too.. nice.’ He chuckled slightly and found himself in an office.

“Renzokuken really did send someone..” She mused, raising her gaze to meet Arjun’s. “Are you able to handle anything?” She started, getting straight to the point. The mercenary stood up straight, “Yes, I believe I can. I’ve trained numbers of dragons before, made them..strong.”
“I don’t care about strength, nor numbers. I need results.”

He tilted his head slightly, not understanding what she is implying. “What?”

“I need you to discipline some youths.”

“I’m very good at that.”

“Good. Here are their profiles. Find them and discipline them into fine adults and then you shall be rewarded.”

The coatl slid forward some documents, they were edged with a paperclip and contained some security photos of…hatchlings? There was a yellow guardian cub running away with meat in their mouth. The other document had another guardian cub, dark red in colouration sitting on top of a roof.

“You want me to train !%&^*!* children?” He cussed, slamming his claws onto the table.

Soot retained her composure and nodded, “What, you don’t think you can handle some kids?”

The guardian scowled and took the documents, “I can handle children.”

‘I just thought I was here for an actual mission. To make a difference. Children will be easy, like my childhood.’ Arjun thought, staring at the photographs once more.

tumblr_inline_ocz5fjhsfC1snz70d_540.png
@Kizmetto that's a nice-looking guardian y got there
@Kizmetto that's a nice-looking guardian y got there
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Kizmetto
Please add me to the pinglings
@Kizmetto
Please add me to the pinglings
ok hi i'm new to this story so ima start from de begginin see ya soon lmao.
nice story so far.
good writing.
:p i hope it hasnt ended by now.
ok hi i'm new to this story so ima start from de begginin see ya soon lmao.
nice story so far.
good writing.
:p i hope it hasnt ended by now.
ePOliyb.pngH0t7Ypl.png0XHtpWy.pngJ7D1quC.png
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53