Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Shock Switch Upcoming Features/Bugs
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 166 167
I don't hear the music when I'm using Opera - I can hear it on Firefox though (before it crashes).
I don't hear the music when I'm using Opera - I can hear it on Firefox though (before it crashes).
Okay, to sum up the list of factors when I finally ended up aborting my game:
* Firefox
* Very Hard
* Speed: 126
* Final Score: 1,226,700

Problems:
* When I hit the speed of 121, the game started lagging. By 126, it was barely scrolling, and then it was jerky. It might have been my internet, it might have been the site bogged down trying to keep up with it.
* If the high scores are actually correct, that should have been the new #1. Just noting, since that might be a bug effecting the rest of the game, too.
* EDIT TWO: The time is also wonky, for some reason. I certainly wasn't playing that long.

EDIT: Forgot to put in my screenshot, sorry.

nbrjno.jpg
Okay, to sum up the list of factors when I finally ended up aborting my game:
* Firefox
* Very Hard
* Speed: 126
* Final Score: 1,226,700

Problems:
* When I hit the speed of 121, the game started lagging. By 126, it was barely scrolling, and then it was jerky. It might have been my internet, it might have been the site bogged down trying to keep up with it.
* If the high scores are actually correct, that should have been the new #1. Just noting, since that might be a bug effecting the rest of the game, too.
* EDIT TWO: The time is also wonky, for some reason. I certainly wasn't playing that long.

EDIT: Forgot to put in my screenshot, sorry.

nbrjno.jpg
+2 FR Time. | eGiN2Xv.png
Lore Masterpost | Tn4TEAZ.png
When I said it was running better in Chrome, I was playing on a computer a few years newer than mine. On my usual one it's noticeably slower- feels like molasses.

I'm told browser games in general are poorly optimized, but most of the ones I've played don't bring a decent laptop to its knees. :|

@Thrage An update to the memory thing I posted about on page 23: I took a screencap of Chrome's task manager while I was playing. The tab with Shock Switch in it cycled between 60k and 165k every few seconds:
hna5s6o.jpg
This was in the no-effects version.
According to the "view background pages" widget, the game was running at approximately 18-21 FPS over several seconds of play, whether I was on speed 10 or speed 30.

Up-to-date Chrome, Windows Vista, 2GHz processor and 2GB RAM (hey... it was good in 2007 when I got it.)

Edit: accidentally a couple sentences, clarified myself
When I said it was running better in Chrome, I was playing on a computer a few years newer than mine. On my usual one it's noticeably slower- feels like molasses.

I'm told browser games in general are poorly optimized, but most of the ones I've played don't bring a decent laptop to its knees. :|

@Thrage An update to the memory thing I posted about on page 23: I took a screencap of Chrome's task manager while I was playing. The tab with Shock Switch in it cycled between 60k and 165k every few seconds:
hna5s6o.jpg
This was in the no-effects version.
According to the "view background pages" widget, the game was running at approximately 18-21 FPS over several seconds of play, whether I was on speed 10 or speed 30.

Up-to-date Chrome, Windows Vista, 2GHz processor and 2GB RAM (hey... it was good in 2007 when I got it.)

Edit: accidentally a couple sentences, clarified myself
Chewy Tentacle
Are high scores not updating? I got a score over a mil before the downtime, and it's not showing today. I failed to screencap that one, but I manage to catch a good score today right before I lost:
http://home.comcast.net/~wickeddelite/shockswitchscreenshot.jpg
So, I'll be looking for this to show up in the high score table... tomorrow I guess? Does it update daily, or what?
Are high scores not updating? I got a score over a mil before the downtime, and it's not showing today. I failed to screencap that one, but I manage to catch a good score today right before I lost:
http://home.comcast.net/~wickeddelite/shockswitchscreenshot.jpg
So, I'll be looking for this to show up in the high score table... tomorrow I guess? Does it update daily, or what?
I breed XXY IMPs!
jFhVofF.png
The scores don't seem to update. I already made about 1M8, I know someone who did 1M7 and it didn't show either.

However, it now has been three times I encounter the same bug. I lose the game even if no blocks reached the top. On the last game I made, for example, a column started to shake even though it only had two blocks on it. I tend to play the lazy way, meaning I'm on Easy and just mash my mouse click. I wonder if the bug couldn't be due to this. Before the maintenance, I spotted that bug once and when I was making a match I was seeing a ghost block on a column. The block itself wasn't visible out of a match and there were numerous spaces between this block and the actual top of the column.
It's quite annoying to lose because of a bug...
The scores don't seem to update. I already made about 1M8, I know someone who did 1M7 and it didn't show either.

However, it now has been three times I encounter the same bug. I lose the game even if no blocks reached the top. On the last game I made, for example, a column started to shake even though it only had two blocks on it. I tend to play the lazy way, meaning I'm on Easy and just mash my mouse click. I wonder if the bug couldn't be due to this. Before the maintenance, I spotted that bug once and when I was making a match I was seeing a ghost block on a column. The block itself wasn't visible out of a match and there were numerous spaces between this block and the actual top of the column.
It's quite annoying to lose because of a bug...
ZNhRsiG.png
I don't know if this is a known bug or not, but pausing the game seems to mess up with the timer?
I don't know if this is a known bug or not, but pausing the game seems to mess up with the timer?
signaturething.png
Like a couple of people above me, I made a score above 1 mil but I'm not on the leaderboard either xD Didn't manage to screencap though.

In the meantime, I've encountered the bug where a match is made before the blocks hit the bottom once. I didn't manage to repeat it; it seems to have been a one-off thing. I'm not sure what caused it either, so sorry that I'm not a huge help, but just thought I should mention it XD
Like a couple of people above me, I made a score above 1 mil but I'm not on the leaderboard either xD Didn't manage to screencap though.

In the meantime, I've encountered the bug where a match is made before the blocks hit the bottom once. I didn't manage to repeat it; it seems to have been a one-off thing. I'm not sure what caused it either, so sorry that I'm not a huge help, but just thought I should mention it XD
This appears to be the only fairgrounds game which will randomly disconnect on me, rather than continue to work. Is this because it is in beta? People are overloading the server? Other things?
This appears to be the only fairgrounds game which will randomly disconnect on me, rather than continue to work. Is this because it is in beta? People are overloading the server? Other things?
See my lair at Wispfox's Dragons!
I can't load this game at all now in Firefox or Chromium. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. On another notes, the sound works in Firefox but not Chromium. The game gets to about 95% loaded and then just sits there saying connecting until I go away from the page. I am able to load the other games, just not this one. I have cleared my cache and cookies as I had to to get logged in today.
I can't load this game at all now in Firefox or Chromium. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. On another notes, the sound works in Firefox but not Chromium. The game gets to about 95% loaded and then just sits there saying connecting until I go away from the page. I am able to load the other games, just not this one. I have cleared my cache and cookies as I had to to get logged in today.
light-item-shop-button.png
Having the same issues as Zamirathe, on Firefox and IE. It gets to about 95% and just sits there. Lucky streak amount isn't loading on that page either, but all other fairground games load fine.
Having the same issues as Zamirathe, on Firefox and IE. It gets to about 95% and just sits there. Lucky streak amount isn't loading on that page either, but all other fairground games load fine.
530736_90.pngJoin Petstail today!ChrystalSM.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 166 167