Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Facebook likes gone?
1 2
Reusing this thread: This time around, it appears all Facebook likes on dragons are gone and the buttons do not work properly. Does that have anything to do with https changes or is this perhaps a bug on Facebook's part?

Edit: I just checked some other people's dragons and they appear to be fine but mine are all back to 0? Or is it that I'm just not seeing it? I can't tell nor do I know the reason why this could be happening.

Edit #2: I just logged out and looked at my dragons while not logged in and then the likes were visible. No idea why it's like that.
Reusing this thread: This time around, it appears all Facebook likes on dragons are gone and the buttons do not work properly. Does that have anything to do with https changes or is this perhaps a bug on Facebook's part?

Edit: I just checked some other people's dragons and they appear to be fine but mine are all back to 0? Or is it that I'm just not seeing it? I can't tell nor do I know the reason why this could be happening.

Edit #2: I just logged out and looked at my dragons while not logged in and then the likes were visible. No idea why it's like that.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@TehuMertt it works for me just fine. Try clearing your cache. If it doesnt work, make sure that it isnt any of your extensions blocking it either by disabling all extensions or trying incognito mode. If it still doesnt work, try another browser.
@TehuMertt it works for me just fine. Try clearing your cache. If it doesnt work, make sure that it isnt any of your extensions blocking it either by disabling all extensions or trying incognito mode. If it still doesnt work, try another browser.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@ralzakark now it works for me too lmao. I guess they were down for some time because my friend from Britain logged in and couldn't see one, I logged in on my phone and couldn't see one so they were obviously missing for a while. I'm glad they're back though
@ralzakark now it works for me too lmao. I guess they were down for some time because my friend from Britain logged in and couldn't see one, I logged in on my phone and couldn't see one so they were obviously missing for a while. I'm glad they're back though
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@ralzakark OH so this may have been the reason why it was bugged out. Not entirely sure but it could be. [img]https://i.imgur.com/fJV1Gpe.png[/img]
@ralzakark OH so this may have been the reason why it was bugged out. Not entirely sure but it could be.

fJV1Gpe.png
All the likes are gone as of today, I think
All the likes are gone as of today, I think
Hello @TehuMertt

It looks like Facebook considers the HTTP and HTTPS versions of the same dragon page as different for the purposes of like counts, which is why they are reset. We will look into seeing if we can recover the old like counts, although it may be an involved process.

Thanks for reporting!
Hello @TehuMertt

It looks like Facebook considers the HTTP and HTTPS versions of the same dragon page as different for the purposes of like counts, which is why they are reset. We will look into seeing if we can recover the old like counts, although it may be an involved process.

Thanks for reporting!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Additionally @TehuMertt if you have a specific dragon you can direct me to that you know had some number of Facebook likes prior to the HTTP->HTTPS switch, we can use that as a test case for fixing this issue. No worries if not.

Thanks!
Additionally @TehuMertt if you have a specific dragon you can direct me to that you know had some number of Facebook likes prior to the HTTP->HTTPS switch, we can use that as a test case for fixing this issue. No worries if not.

Thanks!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@mutron bless you, thank you so much for your reply and explanation! I thought it had something to do with yesterday's maintenance and changes, now this confirms it. I just didn't know where exactly the problem lied but now it makes sense. I do have a good candidate for this. Here's Kneph who has 5 likes usually but appears to have 0 (as all other dragons of mine) while I'm logged in [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48474529][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/484746/48474529p.png[/img][/url]
@mutron bless you, thank you so much for your reply and explanation! I thought it had something to do with yesterday's maintenance and changes, now this confirms it. I just didn't know where exactly the problem lied but now it makes sense.

I do have a good candidate for this. Here's Kneph who has 5 likes usually but appears to have 0 (as all other dragons of mine) while I'm logged in

48474529p.png
@mutron

(Just noticed this while checking dev tracker for something else)

I checked, and yep - I know this boy has likes, but they appear as 0 now when viewed from my account; they're back if I view him on incognito mode, and I can also see the likes on @TehuMertt 's dragon while logged in.
@mutron

(Just noticed this while checking dev tracker for something else)

I checked, and yep - I know this boy has likes, but they appear as 0 now when viewed from my account; they're back if I view him on incognito mode, and I can also see the likes on @TehuMertt 's dragon while logged in.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@lara8 yep! Exactly! I instantly went to check my friend's G1 Imp who I know has a ton of likes and he still does when I'm looking at their lair but they can't see it when they're logged in. It appears there is a difference in code between the dragons's pages when we're logged in and when we're logged out, or when we're looking at someone else's dragons. It just got reset, as Mutron pointed out.
@lara8 yep! Exactly! I instantly went to check my friend's G1 Imp who I know has a ton of likes and he still does when I'm looking at their lair but they can't see it when they're logged in. It appears there is a difference in code between the dragons's pages when we're logged in and when we're logged out, or when we're looking at someone else's dragons. It just got reset, as Mutron pointed out.
1 2