Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | lil guy gashapon - hiatus
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[emoji=tundra laughing size=1] currently: working out a comeback babie[emoji=new friend size=1] [size=4][b]THE FLUFF[/b][/size] [i](optional read)[/i] you find yourself in an arcade, deep within the carrion canyon. it's been carved out of one of the cliffsides within the canyon - not an uncommon practice in the some areas - but it's a long ways away from any other active storefront. there are rows, and rows...and [i]rows[/i]...of empty, abandoned shops in the surrounding alleyways, hewn out of rock. there are a few gashapon machines here, but only one is still stocked. the faded neon paper that wraps around the entire visible interior of the machine, obscuring its contents, declares that this is the [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=2][size=5][b]LIL GUY GASHAPON[/b][/size][emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1] machine. there are a lot of exclamation points in use on this advertisement, as well as a few promises as to the contents of said gashapon. [b]NO TWO LIL GUYS ARE THE SAME!!!![/b], the flyer guarantees. [b]WE KNOW EXACTLY THE LIL GUY TO MATCH TO YOU!!!!!!!!![/b] it looks like the machine takes three quarters - although you could probably use a more Creative method of payment too, if you felt like it. after all, this arcade clearly belongs to no one - and who can really say what would be a fair trade for a lil guy? [center]___________________________________________________________[/center] [size=4][b]so like, how does this Actually work, though,[/size] [/b][i](how to place an order + shop rules - probably a mandatory read)[/i] [u]what is a lil guy? [/u]- each lil guy is [b]500g/500kt[/b] - each lil guy is Completely Unique - they are made in my sketchbook, using different types of ink and some paint - they are made either with a random design i come up with, or something based on the prompt you post along with your order - they are simply lil guys ! [u]how do i order a lil guy? [/u]- post your order in this thread (you don't need to ping me, i'm subscribed) - you can include an optional prompt to influence the appearance of your lil guy [b](see disclaimers at the bottom of this post if you choose to do this)[/b] - once i post confirming your order, send a PM with payment - when your lil guy is ready, i will post him directly into this thread with a ping to you! [u]rules?[/u] - [b]one lil guy per person per round of slots[/b] - once you get your lil guy, feel free to take him wherever you'd like! i'd appreciate a link back to this thread, but it's not necessary - don't remove my ID from your lil guy [center]___________________________________________________________[/center] [size=4][b]EXAMPLES[/b][/size] [i](the examples chosen currently all use material goods to pay, but you're free to barter how you see fit!)[/i] [quote name="Illusia" date="2022-8-26" ] i tuck a dried red carnation into the gachapon being super careful so it doesnt crumble [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/EQrdY4i.png[/img] the gashapon sees your careful handling of the delicately dried flower, and it intrinsically knows it can trust you with one of its Most Precious Guys. what gently falls out of the machine is a little paper flower, folded into a rough imitation of a muppet-like face, and attached to an enormous, shiny, emerald bow. the single attached googly eye seems to roll upward to peek at you adoringly! [quote name="prophetesque" date="2022-8-26" ] into the gachapon i put my beloved marimo. maybe there will be water inside the machine :) [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9dSKVX9.png[/img] the lil guy who slides down out of the gashapon is a mossy lil fellow! they have sprouts and clovers growing out of their segmented body, which is soft and fluffy, kind of like one of those trendy keychains made out of faux fur. they have floppy lil feet and a cheerful disposition, and smell like freshly mown grass. [quote name="Felwinter" date="2022-8-26" ] i tuck a lil piece of paper into the coin slot that has a pawprint messily painted on from a cat's paw dipped in paint [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MLUGSgt.png[/img] [emoji=ping size=1][b]FACTORY DEFECT LIL GUY VARIANT ALERT[/b][emoji=ping size=1] your prize actually gets stuck in the machine, and you have to pry it out by hand - luckily this lil guy is a stretchy one, and it snaps back into your grip as soon as its freed. the body seems to be made of a jelly-like material, and when you squeeze its front paws, paint comes out! how inconvenient for cuddling :( [center]___________________________________________________________[/center] [size=4][b]LIL GUY LEGAL DISCLAIMERS[/size] [/b][i](further clarifications)[/i] - prompts are just fun optional things, they don't get you a better quality guy or anything like that. simply posting 'i would like to order one lil guy please' in the thread will receive equal attention to the crafting of their lil guy, its qualities will simply be completely randomized. - prompts aren't guaranteed to be used, but barring very few circumstances, you can expect for them to influence the appearance of your lil guy, although that influence may not always be literal! - this is a gashapon style shop, and i would like to keep the price low and the vibes silly. no lil guy is guaranteed to come with shading or elaborate lore, as part of the fun (to me, and many others) is sometimes just getting a messed up little dude - but i will always do my best to make you a Nice Lil Guy. it's all in good fun, but if you are truly troubled or dissatisfied with your experience, please pm me! hopefully i can help make things right [emoji=new friend size=1] [b]slots: [/b]1. [s]Erlkonig [emoji=new friend size=1][emoji=money bag size=1][/s] - delivered thru PM! 2. 3. 4. 5. pinglist for when the gashapon is open: @[b][/b]FallenDreemurr @[b][/b]Jaderannosaurus @[b][/b]LArte @[b][/b]Shadeyrain @[b][/b]MangoTangoMagpie @[b][/b]Stormflight @[b][/b]AstralEventide @[b][/b]swordlily @[b][/b]GlitchyOddy @[b][/b]Kaifloof @[b][/b]makwa @[b][/b]uwuloo @[b][/b]Permyriad @[b][/b]jayquills @[b][/b]bugcrimes @[b][/b]Elextra @[b][/b]felwinter @[b][/b]playerpichu @[b][/b]SteampunkLlama
currently: working out a comeback babie

THE FLUFF (optional read)

you find yourself in an arcade, deep within the carrion canyon. it's been carved out of one of the cliffsides within the canyon - not an uncommon practice in the some areas - but it's a long ways away from any other active storefront. there are rows, and rows...and rows...of empty, abandoned shops in the surrounding alleyways, hewn out of rock.

there are a few gashapon machines here, but only one is still stocked. the faded neon paper that wraps around the entire visible interior of the machine, obscuring its contents, declares that this is the

LIL GUY GASHAPON

machine. there are a lot of exclamation points in use on this advertisement, as well as a few promises as to the contents of said gashapon. NO TWO LIL GUYS ARE THE SAME!!!!, the flyer guarantees. WE KNOW EXACTLY THE LIL GUY TO MATCH TO YOU!!!!!!!!!

it looks like the machine takes three quarters - although you could probably use a more Creative method of payment too, if you felt like it. after all, this arcade clearly belongs to no one - and who can really say what would be a fair trade for a lil guy?

so like, how does this Actually work, though,
(how to place an order + shop rules - probably a mandatory read)

what is a lil guy?
- each lil guy is 500g/500kt
- each lil guy is Completely Unique
- they are made in my sketchbook, using different types of ink and some paint
- they are made either with a random design i come up with, or something based on the prompt you post along with your order
- they are simply lil guys !

how do i order a lil guy?
- post your order in this thread (you don't need to ping me, i'm subscribed)
- you can include an optional prompt to influence the appearance of your lil guy (see disclaimers at the bottom of this post if you choose to do this)
- once i post confirming your order, send a PM with payment
- when your lil guy is ready, i will post him directly into this thread with a ping to you!

rules?
- one lil guy per person per round of slots
- once you get your lil guy, feel free to take him wherever you'd like! i'd appreciate a link back to this thread, but it's not necessary
- don't remove my ID from your lil guy

EXAMPLES
(the examples chosen currently all use material goods to pay, but you're free to barter how you see fit!)

Illusia wrote on 2022-8-26:
i tuck a dried red carnation into the gachapon being super careful so it doesnt crumble

EQrdY4i.png
the gashapon sees your careful handling of the delicately dried flower, and it intrinsically knows it can trust you with one of its Most Precious Guys. what gently falls out of the machine is a little paper flower, folded into a rough imitation of a muppet-like face, and attached to an enormous, shiny, emerald bow. the single attached googly eye seems to roll upward to peek at you adoringly!

prophetesque wrote on 2022-8-26:
into the gachapon i put my beloved marimo. maybe there will be water inside the machine :)

9dSKVX9.png
the lil guy who slides down out of the gashapon is a mossy lil fellow! they have sprouts and clovers growing out of their segmented body, which is soft and fluffy, kind of like one of those trendy keychains made out of faux fur. they have floppy lil feet and a cheerful disposition, and smell like freshly mown grass.

Felwinter wrote on 2022-8-26:
i tuck a lil piece of paper into the coin slot that has a pawprint messily painted on from a cat's paw dipped in paint

MLUGSgt.png
FACTORY DEFECT LIL GUY VARIANT ALERT
your prize actually gets stuck in the machine, and you have to pry it out by hand - luckily this lil guy is a stretchy one, and it snaps back into your grip as soon as its freed. the body seems to be made of a jelly-like material, and when you squeeze its front paws, paint comes out! how inconvenient for cuddling :(

LIL GUY LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
(further clarifications)

- prompts are just fun optional things, they don't get you a better quality guy or anything like that. simply posting 'i would like to order one lil guy please' in the thread will receive equal attention to the crafting of their lil guy, its qualities will simply be completely randomized.
- prompts aren't guaranteed to be used, but barring very few circumstances, you can expect for them to influence the appearance of your lil guy, although that influence may not always be literal!
- this is a gashapon style shop, and i would like to keep the price low and the vibes silly. no lil guy is guaranteed to come with shading or elaborate lore, as part of the fun (to me, and many others) is sometimes just getting a messed up little dude - but i will always do my best to make you a Nice Lil Guy. it's all in good fun, but if you are truly troubled or dissatisfied with your experience, please pm me! hopefully i can help make things right

slots:
1. Erlkonig - delivered thru PM!

pinglist for when the gashapon is open:
@FallenDreemurr @Jaderannosaurus @LArte @Shadeyrain @MangoTangoMagpie @Stormflight @AstralEventide @swordlily @GlitchyOddy @Kaifloof @makwa @uwuloo @Permyriad @jayquills @bugcrimes @Elextra @felwinter @playerpichu @SteampunkLlama
Q0p4QGz.pngfkWjutW.pngUU9vIu2.png bbNLp19.gif
i'd like to order some lil guys!! :sillymode: if i could get 3,,, that would be great but pls take your time i am in no rush to get my lil guys <3

1) i gently offer the machine,,, a bright lil toy car that was not build for Speed but looks well loved nonetheless!

2) i play a lil bit of classical music on a funky vintage record player for the machine. that counts as payment! .....right?

3) i give the machine a valentine's card i made in first grade! it is somehow defying all colour theory ever it's so awful,
i'd like to order some lil guys!! :sillymode: if i could get 3,,, that would be great but pls take your time i am in no rush to get my lil guys <3

1) i gently offer the machine,,, a bright lil toy car that was not build for Speed but looks well loved nonetheless!

2) i play a lil bit of classical music on a funky vintage record player for the machine. that counts as payment! .....right?

3) i give the machine a valentine's card i made in first grade! it is somehow defying all colour theory ever it's so awful,
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
i would like to place an order! for two little guys :3

1) i offer the machine a rainbow koosh ball. after all a koosh ball is kinda a lil guy so a lil guy for a lil guy.

2) secondly i offer the machine a misprinted coin. it looks like it was stamped over multiple times in a different oreitnation each time making the image on it unreadable.
i would like to place an order! for two little guys :3

1) i offer the machine a rainbow koosh ball. after all a koosh ball is kinda a lil guy so a lil guy for a lil guy.

2) secondly i offer the machine a misprinted coin. it looks like it was stamped over multiple times in a different oreitnation each time making the image on it unreadable.
lxKNOhJ.png
i'm legally obligated to get one to three

1. i take out what seems to be a small frog... brightly colored, perhaps poisonous, but think maybe the machine would love a friend

2. i take out what looks like a little treasure chest, though upon closer inspection, it does not seem to be a real treasure chest, are those teeth...? though alongside it comes a little jewel for the offering as well

3. i take out what seem to be... many different plastic doll arms? where did these come from? anyway, i offer the doll arms and small pink flower to the machine
i'm legally obligated to get one to three

1. i take out what seems to be a small frog... brightly colored, perhaps poisonous, but think maybe the machine would love a friend

2. i take out what looks like a little treasure chest, though upon closer inspection, it does not seem to be a real treasure chest, are those teeth...? though alongside it comes a little jewel for the offering as well

3. i take out what seem to be... many different plastic doll arms? where did these come from? anyway, i offer the doll arms and small pink flower to the machine
raPIqm3.png
I would love 2 little guys!!!!! !! !! !

1. I pull out a rather robust looking lad-guy.

2. A dapper little gentle-guy... are those wings?
I would love 2 little guys!!!!! !! !! !

1. I pull out a rather robust looking lad-guy.

2. A dapper little gentle-guy... are those wings?
i come in to order two lil guys!

1. i pull out three quarters, as requested. they are stuck together with some black, sticky and slightly burnt-smelling substance. it's probably fine, it's still legal tender.

2. i find one more quarter in my pocket, and with it, a pin with a smiley face on it. the face seems to have gotten smudged somehow. eh, it's quarter sized, so i plonk it into the machine.
i come in to order two lil guys!

1. i pull out three quarters, as requested. they are stuck together with some black, sticky and slightly burnt-smelling substance. it's probably fine, it's still legal tender.

2. i find one more quarter in my pocket, and with it, a pin with a smiley face on it. the face seems to have gotten smudged somehow. eh, it's quarter sized, so i plonk it into the machine.
I'd love to order some lil' guys! o:

1) I offer the machine a small, handheld gaming system, hoping that it would appreciate another friend in the loneliness of the arcade

2) I also insert a CD, filled with various music I believe the two machines would enjoy. After all, who doesn't enjoy a good bop every now and then?
I'd love to order some lil' guys! o:

1) I offer the machine a small, handheld gaming system, hoping that it would appreciate another friend in the loneliness of the arcade

2) I also insert a CD, filled with various music I believe the two machines would enjoy. After all, who doesn't enjoy a good bop every now and then?
id love a lil guy!

1. i pull out a big yarn ball, putting one small thread of yarn into the slot and very slowly rolling it out. eventually all of the yarn ball is gone
id love a lil guy!

1. i pull out a big yarn ball, putting one small thread of yarn into the slot and very slowly rolling it out. eventually all of the yarn ball is gone
11a30cb2a711e6fdda347d6105fea2422b88aaf2.png
@bugcrimes thanks for ordering! here are your lil guys - [quote name="bugcrimes" date="2021-10-26 17:01:27" ] i gently offer the machine,,, a bright lil toy car that was not build for Speed but looks well loved nonetheless! [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/8ULcBc6.png[/img] the lil guy who tumbles speedily down into the prize chute is more or less cube shaped. he's really [i]trying[/i] to be, anyway, and that's what matters. his little paws are incredibly soft, with lovingly painted toe beans. [quote name="bugcrimes" date="2021-10-26 17:01:27" ] i play a lil bit of classical music on a funky vintage record player for the machine. that counts as payment! .....right? [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aNOxxnF.png[/img] at first, you think you just got a plastic capsule full of lint - but they're soft pieces of cloth and yarn bundled together under a wide, scalloped hat. when you press the hat down, there's a soft click, and a small bulb makes its previously hidden eye glow gently. [quote name="bugcrimes" date="2021-10-26 17:01:27" ] i give the machine a valentine's card i made in first grade! it is somehow defying all colour theory ever it's so awful, [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/w6Oyl1x.png[/img] the colors chosen for this lil guy could go together [i]in theory[/i], but in execution, they don't. at all. it seems like a color palette was chosen based purely on what was available and only moderately offensive - but there's some hand-painted detail on its one bright eye that gives it a sense of childlike awe, as though it is constantly bewildered and delighted by everything going on around it.
@bugcrimes thanks for ordering! here are your lil guys -

bugcrimes wrote on 2021-10-26 17:01:27:
i gently offer the machine,,, a bright lil toy car that was not build for Speed but looks well loved nonetheless!

8ULcBc6.png
the lil guy who tumbles speedily down into the prize chute is more or less cube shaped. he's really trying to be, anyway, and that's what matters. his little paws are incredibly soft, with lovingly painted toe beans.

i play a lil bit of classical music on a funky vintage record player for the machine. that counts as payment! .....right?

aNOxxnF.png
at first, you think you just got a plastic capsule full of lint - but they're soft pieces of cloth and yarn bundled together under a wide, scalloped hat. when you press the hat down, there's a soft click, and a small bulb makes its previously hidden eye glow gently.

i give the machine a valentine's card i made in first grade! it is somehow defying all colour theory ever it's so awful,

w6Oyl1x.png
the colors chosen for this lil guy could go together in theory, but in execution, they don't. at all. it seems like a color palette was chosen based purely on what was available and only moderately offensive - but there's some hand-painted detail on its one bright eye that gives it a sense of childlike awe, as though it is constantly bewildered and delighted by everything going on around it.
Q0p4QGz.pngfkWjutW.pngUU9vIu2.png bbNLp19.gif
ohhh I live and breathe little guys I'll take 3 if you're still open.....

1) I fold up a really badly written creepypasta and push it into the coin slot

2) I pour lots of unholy, evil-looking messed up chemicals into the machine in the name of science

3) I pull out a big bag of marshmallows and challenge the machine to a game of chubby bunnies
ohhh I live and breathe little guys I'll take 3 if you're still open.....

1) I fold up a really badly written creepypasta and push it into the coin slot

2) I pour lots of unholy, evil-looking messed up chemicals into the machine in the name of science

3) I pull out a big bag of marshmallows and challenge the machine to a game of chubby bunnies
KENcxyW.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13