Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | {The Hawke's Star: A Tarot Shop} -HIATUS
1 2 3 4 5
@Raikitsune Oooh, he's a gorgeous boy! And he's requesting my favorite deck, too ;^3 Accepted, and I will attempt to get your reading up by next week.
@Raikitsune Oooh, he's a gorgeous boy! And he's requesting my favorite deck, too ;^3 Accepted, and I will attempt to get your reading up by next week.
myJetjB.png RjKznf9.pnglightshade.pngmHtR8zD.png Gz6OPCO.png
thank you! Would you prefer payment now or upon completion?
thank you! Would you prefer payment now or upon completion?
Hdhts.gif 4Eq3n.gif Is0PK.gif EeC6E.gif
@Raikitsune I prefer payment after, just in case I end up dropping off the face of the planet due to some unforeseen issue. I do want to ask though, is his name going to stay TangerineDream or are you planning to change it to something else later?
@Raikitsune I prefer payment after, just in case I end up dropping off the face of the planet due to some unforeseen issue. I do want to ask though, is his name going to stay TangerineDream or are you planning to change it to something else later?
I have no plans to change his name since I impulse bought him specifically to name him that.
I have no plans to change his name since I impulse bought him specifically to name him that.
Hdhts.gif 4Eq3n.gif Is0PK.gif EeC6E.gif
@SarcasticHawke Could I get a reading? :) [color=purple][b]Username:[/b][/color] Chardano [color=purple][b]Dragon:[/b][/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21531147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215312/21531147_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=purple][b]Selected Deck:[/b] The Sharmkan-Caselli, please! [/color] [color=purple][b]Selected Spread:[/b] Five card spread[/color] [color=purple][b]The Topic:[/b] General, please. [/color] [color=purple][b]The Question:[/b] What kinds of things will I find if I keep on travelling? [color=purple][b]Anything specific I should know?[/b][/color] She's a super curious traveler who wants to see all the regions of Sornieth. She used to be mated to the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191059&tab=dragon&did=23419588]leader of my clan[/url] but left when he became too ruthless for her tastes. They have three kids but she has never met them and doesn't even know they exist. [color=purple][b]Spread Video:[/b][/color] Maybe not this time :) [b][color=purple]Total Price:[/color][/b] EDIT: Sorry about the double ping, it's a habit ^^'
@SarcasticHawke

Could I get a reading? :)

Username: Chardano
Dragon:
21531147_350.png

Selected Deck: The Sharmkan-Caselli, please!
Selected Spread: Five card spread
The Topic: General, please.
The Question: What kinds of things will I find if I keep on travelling?
Anything specific I should know? She's a super curious traveler who wants to see all the regions of Sornieth. She used to be mated to the leader of my clan but left when he became too ruthless for her tastes. They have three kids but she has never met them and doesn't even know they exist.
Spread Video: Maybe not this time :)
Total Price:

EDIT: Sorry about the double ping, it's a habit ^^'
zy8HEZC.gif
@Chardano She's lovely <3 Accepted, and don't worry about the double pings, happens all the time :^P I will put you on the list and try to get your reading to you a little after next week. Possibly earlier, but I like to give myself time in case something comes up.
@Chardano She's lovely <3 Accepted, and don't worry about the double pings, happens all the time :^P I will put you on the list and try to get your reading to you a little after next week. Possibly earlier, but I like to give myself time in case something comes up.
[size=2]Hello :), sorry if my order is confusing or straight up wrong, I've never really dealt with tarot cards before :/.[/size] [color=purple][b]Username:[/b][/color] Necromonger [color=purple][b]Dragon:[/b][/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30782231] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307823/30782231_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=purple][b]Selected Deck:[/b][/color] The Dragon Age Inquisition Tarot [color=purple][b]Selected Spread:[/b][/color] The Celtic Cross Spread [color=purple][b]The Topic:[/b][/color] Problem [color=purple][b]The Question:[/b] [/color] There has been a vengeful spirit lurking around my clan, and recently its attention has been on draining me. I worry for the other coatls in my clan, but I don't want to wither away and perish. Is there any way to divert the spirit elsewhere? Will my fate be death? What can I do for the clan and myself? (again sorry if these questions/responses are off in anyway) [color=purple][b]Anything specific I should know?[/b][/color] The spirit is a coatl who was pushed aside for his colors, and suffered a horrible death because of it, he vowed revenge on coatls that resemble the ones in his past. He slowly drains the colors in targeted coatls making them ill and eventually perish. Since the spirit has started draining Aibrean she's become incredibly superstitious and closed off, in flight mode. That's why she now carries around an herb pouch, to ward off the spirit, and Sage Lanterns. (Don't need to incorporate all of this, it's just a little backstory if you need :D) [color=purple][b]Spread Video:[/b][/color] Yes (your "Help me I'm poor." gif convinced me) [b][color=purple]Total Price:[/color][/b] 100kt?
Hello :), sorry if my order is confusing or straight up wrong, I've never really dealt with tarot cards before :/.
Username: Necromonger
Dragon:
30782231_350.png

Selected Deck: The Dragon Age Inquisition Tarot
Selected Spread: The Celtic Cross Spread
The Topic: Problem
The Question: There has been a vengeful spirit lurking around my clan, and recently its attention has been on draining me. I worry for the other coatls in my clan, but I don't want to wither away and perish. Is there any way to divert the spirit elsewhere? Will my fate be death? What can I do for the clan and myself? (again sorry if these questions/responses are off in anyway)
Anything specific I should know? The spirit is a coatl who was pushed aside for his colors, and suffered a horrible death because of it, he vowed revenge on coatls that resemble the ones in his past. He slowly drains the colors in targeted coatls making them ill and eventually perish. Since the spirit has started draining Aibrean she's become incredibly superstitious and closed off, in flight mode. That's why she now carries around an herb pouch, to ward off the spirit, and Sage Lanterns. (Don't need to incorporate all of this, it's just a little backstory if you need :D)
Spread Video: Yes (your "Help me I'm poor." gif convinced me)
Total Price: 100kt?
wxkj4.gif
@Necromonger Not confusing at all =^) You also picked a good spread to answer specific questions, so hopefully Bastian will be able to help your poor haunted Coatl out! <3 Your spread might take a little while, as I have two others before you, but I'll attempt to get it all up as soon as possible!

Your pricing is correct, and thank you so much for your order! Every little bit helps my poor, spend-happy self to afford my next (VERY MUCH NEEDED OH GOD) lair expansion. That gif was hilarious and so true so I had to include it x^D
@Necromonger Not confusing at all =^) You also picked a good spread to answer specific questions, so hopefully Bastian will be able to help your poor haunted Coatl out! <3 Your spread might take a little while, as I have two others before you, but I'll attempt to get it all up as soon as possible!

Your pricing is correct, and thank you so much for your order! Every little bit helps my poor, spend-happy self to afford my next (VERY MUCH NEEDED OH GOD) lair expansion. That gif was hilarious and so true so I had to include it x^D
@Raikitsune This took so much longer than I intended, I'm sorry! But here is the reading for your lovely little tangerine boy. Please feel free to leave a review down below as I'm always looking for feedback on my writing, and thank you so much for your order! Send payment whenever you'd like <3 [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38318581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/383186/38318581_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote=Bastian]It was in the early hours of the morning that the curator of the shop woke, pale blue eyes sliding open as their owner sighed and lifted his head from the pillows. The sun still waited behind the horizon, and would not rise for another two hours at least. When the world outside was quiet, the town’s denizens still asleep in their beds and dreaming of tomorrow, that is when Bastian enjoyed starting his day. For once he had slept well, as had the Skydancer currently tucked against his chest. A fond smile broke out over his face as he bent to nuzzle Julian’s cheek, his partner’s face smoothed from the nerves and exhaustion that usually beset it when awake. It made the plague doctor look years younger, though the dark circles under his eyes never seemed to vanish, no matter how many hours of rest he managed to catch. Bastian’s heart ached for him. Carefully, so as not to wake the sleeping drake, Bastian extracted himself from the bed and slipped into the adjoining room for a bath. The hot water instantly soothed the kinks in his muscles and cleared the sweat from his scales. The Imperial groaned happily, indulging for a while longer than strictly necessary, before he drained the tub and dried off. When he emerged he gave Julian one last, tender glance before heading downstairs to start his day. He liked the silence of the early morning. Slowly, methodically, Bastian went about lighting the candles adorning every available surface, preferring to use their light over those electronic contraptions the Lightning flight insisted on creating. Tossing out the spent match and grabbing the watering can he’d filled the night before, Bastian proceeded to pour the contents into the numerous potted succulent situated between the candles. Of course, solitude never lasts forever. Just as the sun started to peak out above the horizon, the bell above his door jingled softly, signaling the arrival of his first client. Without looking up from his plants, Bastian called out a greeting, accent more pronounced than usual this early in the day. “[url=https://youtu.be/YmrqrVeSUs4]Welcome to the Hawke’s Star[/url]. Forgive me but it is watering day and I need to be quite thorough or the succulents get testy. How may I be of assistance?” Glancing over, he took in the bright scales and dark armor of a young Imperial and smiled, surprised. He rarely received others like himself around here. This one seemed a bit unsure if he was in the right place, fiery orange eyes meeting his as he spoke. “I…my name is TangerineDream. Is this the tarot shop I’ve heard about? The one with the…eerily accurate readings?” His wings shifted nervously as he glanced about, taking in his surroundings with a critical gaze. “I uh, I wanted to ask if you would do a reading for me.” Tilting his head, Bastian arched a brow and indicated the glass countertops full of various magical artifacts with a sweeping paw. “I’m assuming you read the sign above the door. But yes, I am the curator of this tarot shop. And if it’s a reading you have come for I’d be happy to oblige…for a price.” Icy eyes glinted as he turned away from his succulents and motioned towards a table set in the center of the room. “Have a seat and tell me what you wish to know.” The other Imperial nodded and sat down heavily, heaving a deep breath before replying. “I’m wondering what role I have to play in the clan that has graciously adopted me. I’m wondering what I truly have to offer when, despite my name, I have no dreams or aspirations of my own. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.” Short and to the point. He could at least appreciate that. Mentally resolving to call the bright orange dragon Tan for short, Bastian took a seat across from him and pulled out a deck from beneath his robes. “Take this and shuffle it,” the mage instructed as he passed it over. “Think about your inquiry and stop when you think it feels right. Then cut it in half and return it to me.” Slowly, methodically, Tan did as he was told before sliding the deck back over. With a grin, Bastian pulled out the top five cards and spread them in an even line between them. “Each card in the spread represents a different aspect of your inquiry,” the Imperial explained. “The first reflects past influences on your current situation. The second card shows your current thoughts and feelings on the matter at hand. The third reveals any hidden influences you might have overlooked, while the fourth card offers advice on how to proceed. The fifth is of course the most likely outcome to your query. Please note that this is not the [i]guaranteed[/i] outcome, and can be changed through effort and determination.” Using a careful claw he flipped over the first card and began the reading. “We start with the [b]Three of Swords[/b]. It suggests that there is something in your past worth mourning. You have experienced some distressing changes recently, likely abandonment or alienation from those you knew. You were recently adopted into a new clan, you say? The adjustment period has left you feeling alone and angry. There might be someone you left behind who you can no longer be with. These changes are upsetting, and if they came at the loss of loved ones can leave you feeling irritable and stressed.” [i]Interesting[/i]. Bastian took a moment to absorb this information before examining the next card. “The [b]Two of Swords[/b]. You are feeling deadlocked and attempting to keep a tight reign over your emotions. Obviously, as you stated, you are feeling uncertain which path to choose, and are immobilized by your indecision. It appears you are focusing all your intellectual defenses on avoiding your feelings for this issue. You are taking a passive role instead of an active one, waiting for something new to happen before you make your decision. However, the card urges you to confront you issues directly; you need to admit to yourself what you really want and stop waiting for your problems to go away.” Frowning, Bastian tapped a claw against the table before continuing. When the next card was revealed he let out a short huff of amusement. “Goodness, and the [b]King of Swords[/b]. Lots of sharp edges in the cards today. You sure you don’t have a future in a battle-oriented field?” Chuckling, the veiled Imperial shook his head, setting his beads to clattering as he went on. “This card indicates that you have an analytical mind, and when you dedicate yourself to something you have the drive and strength of character to see it through. It seems you gravitate towards law and order, and are able to provide sound advice to those who need it. You would do well in a position of authority or one which requires you to pass balanced and fair judgment; so it is possible you would do well in law enforcement. This card also urges you to examine whether you are out of touch with your feelings, and thus afraid of entering into an intimate relationship with another. Given the past cards drawn it is likely you feel unable to accept newer affections due to the feelings you still have for someone you left behind. Once you learn to accept what your heart desires, the easier it will be to find your true path.” Only two cards left. Curious to see what else would show up in this reading, the mage reached out and turned over the next card. “Ah, the [b]Ten of Staves[/b], reversed. You will need to delegate responsibility for a task in order to get the job done. Your purpose is not to be alone. You might not trust others to do the job correctly and thus are afraid to delegate the responsibility, preferring to go it alone, but your future role requires you to work together with others. By allowing yourself to work with them and prevent a misusing of the various talents available in your clan, you will find that your burden has been lifted and with it a relief from the stresses and pressure currently facing you. It also carries a warning that you will receive little in return for your hard work. But it’s the thought that counts, is it not? Doing good is rarely easy and one should not do it for any rewards they might receive.” At last the final card. Once flipped, its glossy surface seemed to shine all the more brightly in the gloom. “Finally, we have the [b]Nine of Staves[/b]. There will be one other problem to overcome before you will be on the way to success. Likely the matter of your heart and those you care about. Although this situation looks demanding, you will have the courage and determination to achieve your goals and even if you don’t succeed at first, keep trying and you will find victory. This card indicates a protector or military personnel, and an ability to resist attack and provide protection for others. It also shows that this is not the time to make major changes in your position; work your way up the ranks and learn what you can from those willing to help you along the way. You will have failures, but they are merely the foundation you need to build on in order to reach the top. Everyone needs to start somewhere after all.” When the final word was spoken, Bastian slid his paw over the table and the cards disappeared back into their hidden pocket. Pushing his chair back he got to his feet and yawned wide, showing sharp, glimmering teeth. Faintly, he could hear the sounds of Julian stirring upstairs and it made the corners of his lips twitch up into a soft smile. Eager to get the rest of the day started (perhaps they could visit that new tea shop across the street) the mage turned back to Tan and offered up a little more advice. “Your path is not an easy on to tread, but you will overcome your obstacles. That much at least is sure. It also might behoove you to admit your feelings for whoever it is that has caught your eye. I know losing someone can be hard, but at some point you have to admit they are gone and realize it is time to move on.” The opals on his paw glinted as Bastian reached out and held it, palm up, towards Tan. “Now, I believe payment is in order, yes? I have a strong urge to buy some tea…” [center][b]END[/b][/center][/quote] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/tBU9bDP.jpg[/img][/center]
@Raikitsune This took so much longer than I intended, I'm sorry! But here is the reading for your lovely little tangerine boy. Please feel free to leave a review down below as I'm always looking for feedback on my writing, and thank you so much for your order! Send payment whenever you'd like <3
Bastian wrote:
It was in the early hours of the morning that the curator of the shop woke, pale blue eyes sliding open as their owner sighed and lifted his head from the pillows. The sun still waited behind the horizon, and would not rise for another two hours at least. When the world outside was quiet, the town’s denizens still asleep in their beds and dreaming of tomorrow, that is when Bastian enjoyed starting his day. For once he had slept well, as had the Skydancer currently tucked against his chest.

A fond smile broke out over his face as he bent to nuzzle Julian’s cheek, his partner’s face smoothed from the nerves and exhaustion that usually beset it when awake. It made the plague doctor look years younger, though the dark circles under his eyes never seemed to vanish, no matter how many hours of rest he managed to catch. Bastian’s heart ached for him.

Carefully, so as not to wake the sleeping drake, Bastian extracted himself from the bed and slipped into the adjoining room for a bath. The hot water instantly soothed the kinks in his muscles and cleared the sweat from his scales. The Imperial groaned happily, indulging for a while longer than strictly necessary, before he drained the tub and dried off. When he emerged he gave Julian one last, tender glance before heading downstairs to start his day.

He liked the silence of the early morning. Slowly, methodically, Bastian went about lighting the candles adorning every available surface, preferring to use their light over those electronic contraptions the Lightning flight insisted on creating. Tossing out the spent match and grabbing the watering can he’d filled the night before, Bastian proceeded to pour the contents into the numerous potted succulent situated between the candles.

Of course, solitude never lasts forever. Just as the sun started to peak out above the horizon, the bell above his door jingled softly, signaling the arrival of his first client. Without looking up from his plants, Bastian called out a greeting, accent more pronounced than usual this early in the day.

Welcome to the Hawke’s Star. Forgive me but it is watering day and I need to be quite thorough or the succulents get testy. How may I be of assistance?”

Glancing over, he took in the bright scales and dark armor of a young Imperial and smiled, surprised. He rarely received others like himself around here. This one seemed a bit unsure if he was in the right place, fiery orange eyes meeting his as he spoke.

“I…my name is TangerineDream. Is this the tarot shop I’ve heard about? The one with the…eerily accurate readings?” His wings shifted nervously as he glanced about, taking in his surroundings with a critical gaze. “I uh, I wanted to ask if you would do a reading for me.”

Tilting his head, Bastian arched a brow and indicated the glass countertops full of various magical artifacts with a sweeping paw. “I’m assuming you read the sign above the door. But yes, I am the curator of this tarot shop. And if it’s a reading you have come for I’d be happy to oblige…for a price.” Icy eyes glinted as he turned away from his succulents and motioned towards a table set in the center of the room. “Have a seat and tell me what you wish to know.”

The other Imperial nodded and sat down heavily, heaving a deep breath before replying. “I’m wondering what role I have to play in the clan that has graciously adopted me. I’m wondering what I truly have to offer when, despite my name, I have no dreams or aspirations of my own. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.”

Short and to the point. He could at least appreciate that. Mentally resolving to call the bright orange dragon Tan for short, Bastian took a seat across from him and pulled out a deck from beneath his robes. “Take this and shuffle it,” the mage instructed as he passed it over. “Think about your inquiry and stop when you think it feels right. Then cut it in half and return it to me.”

Slowly, methodically, Tan did as he was told before sliding the deck back over. With a grin, Bastian pulled out the top five cards and spread them in an even line between them.

“Each card in the spread represents a different aspect of your inquiry,” the Imperial explained. “The first reflects past influences on your current situation. The second card shows your current thoughts and feelings on the matter at hand. The third reveals any hidden influences you might have overlooked, while the fourth card offers advice on how to proceed. The fifth is of course the most likely outcome to your query. Please note that this is not the guaranteed outcome, and can be changed through effort and determination.”

Using a careful claw he flipped over the first card and began the reading.

“We start with the Three of Swords. It suggests that there is something in your past worth mourning. You have experienced some distressing changes recently, likely abandonment or alienation from those you knew. You were recently adopted into a new clan, you say? The adjustment period has left you feeling alone and angry. There might be someone you left behind who you can no longer be with. These changes are upsetting, and if they came at the loss of loved ones can leave you feeling irritable and stressed.”

Interesting. Bastian took a moment to absorb this information before examining the next card.

“The Two of Swords. You are feeling deadlocked and attempting to keep a tight reign over your emotions. Obviously, as you stated, you are feeling uncertain which path to choose, and are immobilized by your indecision. It appears you are focusing all your intellectual defenses on avoiding your feelings for this issue. You are taking a passive role instead of an active one, waiting for something new to happen before you make your decision. However, the card urges you to confront you issues directly; you need to admit to yourself what you really want and stop waiting for your problems to go away.”

Frowning, Bastian tapped a claw against the table before continuing. When the next card was revealed he let out a short huff of amusement.

“Goodness, and the King of Swords. Lots of sharp edges in the cards today. You sure you don’t have a future in a battle-oriented field?” Chuckling, the veiled Imperial shook his head, setting his beads to clattering as he went on.

“This card indicates that you have an analytical mind, and when you dedicate yourself to something you have the drive and strength of character to see it through. It seems you gravitate towards law and order, and are able to provide sound advice to those who need it. You would do well in a position of authority or one which requires you to pass balanced and fair judgment; so it is possible you would do well in law enforcement. This card also urges you to examine whether you are out of touch with your feelings, and thus afraid of entering into an intimate relationship with another. Given the past cards drawn it is likely you feel unable to accept newer affections due to the feelings you still have for someone you left behind. Once you learn to accept what your heart desires, the easier it will be to find your true path.”

Only two cards left. Curious to see what else would show up in this reading, the mage reached out and turned over the next card.

“Ah, the Ten of Staves, reversed. You will need to delegate responsibility for a task in order to get the job done. Your purpose is not to be alone. You might not trust others to do the job correctly and thus are afraid to delegate the responsibility, preferring to go it alone, but your future role requires you to work together with others. By allowing yourself to work with them and prevent a misusing of the various talents available in your clan, you will find that your burden has been lifted and with it a relief from the stresses and pressure currently facing you. It also carries a warning that you will receive little in return for your hard work. But it’s the thought that counts, is it not? Doing good is rarely easy and one should not do it for any rewards they might receive.”

At last the final card. Once flipped, its glossy surface seemed to shine all the more brightly in the gloom.

“Finally, we have the Nine of Staves. There will be one other problem to overcome before you will be on the way to success. Likely the matter of your heart and those you care about. Although this situation looks demanding, you will have the courage and determination to achieve your goals and even if you don’t succeed at first, keep trying and you will find victory. This card indicates a protector or military personnel, and an ability to resist attack and provide protection for others. It also shows that this is not the time to make major changes in your position; work your way up the ranks and learn what you can from those willing to help you along the way. You will have failures, but they are merely the foundation you need to build on in order to reach the top. Everyone needs to start somewhere after all.”

When the final word was spoken, Bastian slid his paw over the table and the cards disappeared back into their hidden pocket. Pushing his chair back he got to his feet and yawned wide, showing sharp, glimmering teeth. Faintly, he could hear the sounds of Julian stirring upstairs and it made the corners of his lips twitch up into a soft smile. Eager to get the rest of the day started (perhaps they could visit that new tea shop across the street) the mage turned back to Tan and offered up a little more advice.

“Your path is not an easy on to tread, but you will overcome your obstacles. That much at least is sure. It also might behoove you to admit your feelings for whoever it is that has caught your eye. I know losing someone can be hard, but at some point you have to admit they are gone and realize it is time to move on.”

The opals on his paw glinted as Bastian reached out and held it, palm up, towards Tan.

“Now, I believe payment is in order, yes? I have a strong urge to buy some tea…”

END
tBU9bDP.jpg
[color=purple][b]Username:[/b][/color] nautilidaes [color=purple][b]Dragon:[/b][/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32177475] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321775/32177475_350.png[/img] [/url] Marusya [color=purple][b]Selected Deck:[/b][/color] Gilded Tarot [color=purple][b]Selected Spread:[/b][/color] Celtic Cross [color=purple][b]The Topic:[/b][/color] Power [color=purple][b]The Question:[/b][/color] How can I ensure that my clan will remain loyal to me, and me alone? [color=purple][b]Anything specific I should know?[/b][/color] Marusya is a very suspicious and superstitious leader. He refuses to talk to the clan’s soothsayer, as he does not trust her, and instead spends the clan’s wealth on methods to keep himself and others happy. He is grandiose in his habits, but also very vain and cruel. He will do anything to remain leader. [color=purple][b]Spread Video:[/b][/color] No [b][color=purple]Total Price:[/color][/b] 25kt, 25g
Username: nautilidaes
Dragon:
32177475_350.png
Marusya
Selected Deck: Gilded Tarot
Selected Spread: Celtic Cross
The Topic: Power
The Question: How can I ensure that my clan will remain loyal to me, and me alone?
Anything specific I should know? Marusya is a very suspicious and superstitious leader. He refuses to talk to the clan’s soothsayer, as he does not trust her, and instead spends the clan’s wealth on methods to keep himself and others happy. He is grandiose in his habits, but also very vain and cruel. He will do anything to remain leader.
Spread Video: No
Total Price: 25kt, 25g
unknown.png
oAV7BaP.png

1 2 3 4 5