Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | {The Hawke's Star: A Tarot Shop} -HIATUS
1 2 3 4 5
@nautilidaes Oooh, a gorgeous if terrifying boy! I love it. Accepted, though please keep in mind that there are two other orders before you. I will still attempt to get your reading to you as quickly as possible though =^D
@nautilidaes Oooh, a gorgeous if terrifying boy! I love it. Accepted, though please keep in mind that there are two other orders before you. I will still attempt to get your reading to you as quickly as possible though =^D
myJetjB.png RjKznf9.pnglightshade.pngmHtR8zD.png Gz6OPCO.png
@Chardano Here you are! I'm sorry it's a bit later than expected, I had a lot of new job related paperwork and meetings to attend this week. I hope you enjoy the reading, and please feel free to leave a review down below! I always appreciate feedback on my writing. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38318581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/383186/38318581_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote=Bastian]Cleaning shop was, strangely, one of Bastian’s favorite things to do. Once he began he enjoyed reorganizing his trinkets and plants, moving them into more eye-catching places and making plans to redecorate more in the future. The Imperial definitely loved how crisp and fresh everything looked when he finished, and how the scent of sandalwood would seem all the more enveloping. Not to mention a clean shop attracted more customers than a sloppy one. It also meant that he was nearing the end of his day, and there likely wouldn’t be anymore customers until the next morning. Though Julian usually worked late in the clinic, Bastian could at least cook some dinner and nibble on it while waiting for him. And, of course, he would make extra for his poor plague doctor. Today the Imperial’s stomach was grumbling more than usual, having had to skip breakfast in order to tend to a rush of customers. With food and future cuddling on his mind, the mage bustled about his tiny kitchen, roasting fresh poultry from the market and spicing some cubed potatoes to go with it. The smell of everything sizzling made his mouth water. He had just sat down and taken his first bite of quail when the bell above the door jingled. Bastian placed his food back onto the plate and turned eagerly to face the entrance, only for his expression to fall slightly when he realized it wasn’t Julian. Instead, a female Mirror stood in the doorway, bright pink eyes staring curiously at him from behind a red and white mask. Frowning, the mage tilt his head, the beads on his veil clattering softly as he matched her gaze. There was something…different…about this dragon. Not a physical manifestation but something…else…something tied to her spirit and mind. Wary now, Bastian stood and waited for her to speak. The Mirror wasted no time in asking her question, a sheepish smile on her lips as she spoke. “Sorry for disturbing you. I know it’s a bit late, but I’ve come for a reading. My name is Aislinn. I’m curious; what kinds of things will I find if I keep on travelling?” She fell silent after that, and when he realized she had nothing more to say, the Imperial gestured for her to take a seat at the table. Whatever Aislinn was hiding, it seemed it wouldn’t do him any harm for now. As she sat he removed his dinner and set it aside, pulling a tarot deck from one his pockets. “Take this deck and shuffle the cards,” Bastian instructed as he held it out. “Think about your question while you do so, and when it feels right stop shuffling and cut the deck. Pass it back to me when you’ve finished.” Aislinn did as she was told, motions quick but slightly awkward as she tried to keep cards from spilling out from the pile. When she finished she returned them and sat back in her chair once more. “Each card in the spread represents a different aspect of your inquiry,” the mage explained as he straightened the pile. “The first card shows past influences on your current situation. The second shows your thoughts and feelings on the matter at present. The third reveals any hidden influences you might have overlooked, while the fourth card offers advice on how to proceed. The fifth card shows the most likely outcome of the situation, though that is not to say it will certainly come to pass. If an undesirable outcome is predicted, there are ways to change it.” That said, Bastian pulled the top five cards from the deck and spread them into an even line on the tabletop. “The [b]Ace of Cups[/b], reversed. This indicates unhappiness with your emotional life. You have had problems with a relationship before, and are recovering after separating yourself from a disappointing relationship. As a result you have suffered a broken heart and intense loneliness. You’ve felt used and manipulated, as your partner was more interested in sexual acts than a long term commitment. All this has led to the belief that no one actually cares about you, that all they do is toy with your feelings until they get what they want.” He didn’t miss her flinch before he flipped over the next card. Despite her obvious discomfort, he couldn’t help but snort at the next card that was revealed. It definitely had some…lewd images associated with it. For now, however, Bastian decided to skip over them. It wouldn’t do to traumatize his customers… “Ah, [b]Justice[/b], of the Major Arcana. Despite this past trouble, you feel a sense of balance restored now that you are traveling. The separation from your previous partner has eliminated your guilty conscience; you feel that leaving them was the right thing to do. But this card cautions you to carefully consider the choices you are being presented. You need to consider all the facts and weigh all options before coming to a final decision.” [i]Not too much there[/i], Bastian thought with a sigh. He flipped the next card a bit more aggressively; it seemed the cards had their own ideas about what needed to be said today. “The [b]Six of Wands[/b], reversed. Dear me, it appears you won the battle but are losing the war. Right now your rival is winning, and a lack of communication means victory is escaping you. You poor thing, it looks as if your former partner has been unfaithful…and it seems in the past they have put their own interests ahead of your needs. But you need to postpone your travels in order to clear up a failure of communication between the two of you…they’re hiding something from you. And it’s not just the infidelity…” [i]There we are,[/i] Bastian smirked. [i]Definitely getting more interesting now.[/i] He turned the next card over before bending eagerly to read it. “The [b]Six of Cups[/b]. A card of nostalgia which usually involves individuals linked to one’s past. It indicates that a lover from your past will reenter your life, and with it set off a much needed talk. As a result you will have to review some aspect of the life you left behind, likely with a trusted advisor.” Here, the Imperial stopped and winked, laughing. “I’d say you’ve done that already in coming here. It appears you will be dealing with children…they will play a significant role at this time in your life. This will cause you to make a trip to visit family...one you may not even realize you have anymore. Old skills that you have allowed to go dormant will be used again, and the cards are advising you to deal with the painful memories you have in order to recover. You need to face them to finally move on.” Curious to see where Aislinn’s path would end, the mage flipped over the next card in line and tilt his head. Even in the gloom this card shimmered as if it held a light within all its own. A wide grin spread across Bastian’s features as he saw the illustration. “My, my, look at that. The [b]Ten of Cups[/b]. This is an extremely positive card, especially in matters of love, harmonious relationships, and spiritual growth. You will find harmony and lasting happiness in the relationship you will cultivate. This includes a positive connection between you and your children. A joyful family life is ahead of you, with the promise of lasting contentment and a happy marriage to someone new. At the end of all this you will find the realization of your own personal hopes.” At this the mage stopped and smiled, laughing. “As for travel, well, you will find a pleasant opportunity for that as well. But this time, you won’t be alone.” Still smiling, Bastian swept a paw over the table and the cards vanished back into their pocket. Such positive readings always left him feeling renewed. Standing from the table he motioned toward a mostly empty counter in the back and nodded towards Aislinn. “Though before you rush off on your next adventure, I do require some type of payment. Preferably in the form of something small, round, and golden?” [center][b]END[/b][/center][/quote] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/r1fvut8.jpg[/img][/center]
@Chardano Here you are! I'm sorry it's a bit later than expected, I had a lot of new job related paperwork and meetings to attend this week. I hope you enjoy the reading, and please feel free to leave a review down below! I always appreciate feedback on my writing.
Bastian wrote:
Cleaning shop was, strangely, one of Bastian’s favorite things to do. Once he began he enjoyed reorganizing his trinkets and plants, moving them into more eye-catching places and making plans to redecorate more in the future. The Imperial definitely loved how crisp and fresh everything looked when he finished, and how the scent of sandalwood would seem all the more enveloping. Not to mention a clean shop attracted more customers than a sloppy one.

It also meant that he was nearing the end of his day, and there likely wouldn’t be anymore customers until the next morning. Though Julian usually worked late in the clinic, Bastian could at least cook some dinner and nibble on it while waiting for him. And, of course, he would make extra for his poor plague doctor.

Today the Imperial’s stomach was grumbling more than usual, having had to skip breakfast in order to tend to a rush of customers. With food and future cuddling on his mind, the mage bustled about his tiny kitchen, roasting fresh poultry from the market and spicing some cubed potatoes to go with it. The smell of everything sizzling made his mouth water.

He had just sat down and taken his first bite of quail when the bell above the door jingled. Bastian placed his food back onto the plate and turned eagerly to face the entrance, only for his expression to fall slightly when he realized it wasn’t Julian.

Instead, a female Mirror stood in the doorway, bright pink eyes staring curiously at him from behind a red and white mask. Frowning, the mage tilt his head, the beads on his veil clattering softly as he matched her gaze. There was something…different…about this dragon. Not a physical manifestation but something…else…something tied to her spirit and mind.

Wary now, Bastian stood and waited for her to speak.

The Mirror wasted no time in asking her question, a sheepish smile on her lips as she spoke. “Sorry for disturbing you. I know it’s a bit late, but I’ve come for a reading. My name is Aislinn. I’m curious; what kinds of things will I find if I keep on travelling?”

She fell silent after that, and when he realized she had nothing more to say, the Imperial gestured for her to take a seat at the table. Whatever Aislinn was hiding, it seemed it wouldn’t do him any harm for now. As she sat he removed his dinner and set it aside, pulling a tarot deck from one his pockets. “Take this deck and shuffle the cards,” Bastian instructed as he held it out. “Think about your question while you do so, and when it feels right stop shuffling and cut the deck. Pass it back to me when you’ve finished.”

Aislinn did as she was told, motions quick but slightly awkward as she tried to keep cards from spilling out from the pile. When she finished she returned them and sat back in her chair once more.

“Each card in the spread represents a different aspect of your inquiry,” the mage explained as he straightened the pile. “The first card shows past influences on your current situation. The second shows your thoughts and feelings on the matter at present. The third reveals any hidden influences you might have overlooked, while the fourth card offers advice on how to proceed. The fifth card shows the most likely outcome of the situation, though that is not to say it will certainly come to pass. If an undesirable outcome is predicted, there are ways to change it.”

That said, Bastian pulled the top five cards from the deck and spread them into an even line on the tabletop.

“The Ace of Cups, reversed. This indicates unhappiness with your emotional life. You have had problems with a relationship before, and are recovering after separating yourself from a disappointing relationship. As a result you have suffered a broken heart and intense loneliness. You’ve felt used and manipulated, as your partner was more interested in sexual acts than a long term commitment. All this has led to the belief that no one actually cares about you, that all they do is toy with your feelings until they get what they want.”

He didn’t miss her flinch before he flipped over the next card. Despite her obvious discomfort, he couldn’t help but snort at the next card that was revealed. It definitely had some…lewd images associated with it. For now, however, Bastian decided to skip over them. It wouldn’t do to traumatize his customers…

“Ah, Justice, of the Major Arcana. Despite this past trouble, you feel a sense of balance restored now that you are traveling. The separation from your previous partner has eliminated your guilty conscience; you feel that leaving them was the right thing to do. But this card cautions you to carefully consider the choices you are being presented. You need to consider all the facts and weigh all options before coming to a final decision.”

Not too much there, Bastian thought with a sigh. He flipped the next card a bit more aggressively; it seemed the cards had their own ideas about what needed to be said today.

“The Six of Wands, reversed. Dear me, it appears you won the battle but are losing the war. Right now your rival is winning, and a lack of communication means victory is escaping you. You poor thing, it looks as if your former partner has been unfaithful…and it seems in the past they have put their own interests ahead of your needs. But you need to postpone your travels in order to clear up a failure of communication between the two of you…they’re hiding something from you. And it’s not just the infidelity…”

There we are, Bastian smirked. Definitely getting more interesting now. He turned the next card over before bending eagerly to read it.

“The Six of Cups. A card of nostalgia which usually involves individuals linked to one’s past. It indicates that a lover from your past will reenter your life, and with it set off a much needed talk. As a result you will have to review some aspect of the life you left behind, likely with a trusted advisor.” Here, the Imperial stopped and winked, laughing. “I’d say you’ve done that already in coming here. It appears you will be dealing with children…they will play a significant role at this time in your life. This will cause you to make a trip to visit family...one you may not even realize you have anymore. Old skills that you have allowed to go dormant will be used again, and the cards are advising you to deal with the painful memories you have in order to recover. You need to face them to finally move on.”

Curious to see where Aislinn’s path would end, the mage flipped over the next card in line and tilt his head. Even in the gloom this card shimmered as if it held a light within all its own. A wide grin spread across Bastian’s features as he saw the illustration.

“My, my, look at that. The Ten of Cups. This is an extremely positive card, especially in matters of love, harmonious relationships, and spiritual growth. You will find harmony and lasting happiness in the relationship you will cultivate. This includes a positive connection between you and your children. A joyful family life is ahead of you, with the promise of lasting contentment and a happy marriage to someone new. At the end of all this you will find the realization of your own personal hopes.”

At this the mage stopped and smiled, laughing. “As for travel, well, you will find a pleasant opportunity for that as well. But this time, you won’t be alone.”

Still smiling, Bastian swept a paw over the table and the cards vanished back into their pocket. Such positive readings always left him feeling renewed. Standing from the table he motioned toward a mostly empty counter in the back and nodded towards Aislinn.

“Though before you rush off on your next adventure, I do require some type of payment. Preferably in the form of something small, round, and golden?”

END
r1fvut8.jpg
Thank you!

I really love your writing style - Bastian's character is great and his perspective gives your writing so much personality. The reading is fit seamlessly into the scene and the meanings of the cards are explained clearly and throughly. You gave me so many new lore ideas and now I think I'm going to spend the day in front of my computer, writing stories for my pixel dragons. :D I definitely might order some more in the future.
Thank you!

I really love your writing style - Bastian's character is great and his perspective gives your writing so much personality. The reading is fit seamlessly into the scene and the meanings of the cards are explained clearly and throughly. You gave me so many new lore ideas and now I think I'm going to spend the day in front of my computer, writing stories for my pixel dragons. :D I definitely might order some more in the future.
zy8HEZC.gif
Bump
Bump
[color=purple][b]Username:[/b][/color] GreywarenX [color=purple][b]Dragon:[/b][/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30018452] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300185/30018452_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=purple][b]Selected Deck:[/b][/color] Gilded [color=purple][b]Selected Spread:[/b][/color] Five card spread [color=purple][b]The Topic:[/b][/color] The curse and the clan [color=purple][b]The Question:[/b] DreamKiller wants to know if his curse will hurt the clan; he's worried it will physically hurt his hodgepodge family, or hold them back - he's worried about holding Thief back, specifically.[/color] [color=purple][b]Anything specific I should know?[/b][/color] DreamKiller was cursed by the Shade as a hatchling. It got him outcast from his original clan, but it never affected him in any other way. He's also worried about holding back his mate, Thief, who just finally started to find his place in the clan. [color=purple][b]Spread Video:[/b][/color] No, thank you [b][color=purple]Total Price: 25k treasure[/color][/b] [color=purple][b]Username:[/b][/color] GreywarenX [color=purple][b]Dragon:[/b][/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39097628] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/390977/39097628_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=purple][b]Selected Deck:[/b][/color] Gilded [color=purple][b]Selected Spread:[/b][/color] Five card spread [color=purple][b]The Topic:[/b][/color] Purpose [color=purple][b]The Question:[/b] Rowan is looking for purpose. Her question is this: "What can I do to help my clan?" She wants to be useful, but she's tried shadowing her clan mates in their careers, and she has trouble fitting into those roles. She fears she'll be nothing more than a pretty face.[/color] [color=purple][b]Anything specific I should know?[/b][/color] Rowan is a newcomer that was adopted by Hestia, a queen in her own right. She's a dreamer, always fascinated by the stars or clouds or that thing floating by on the breeze. [color=purple][b]Spread Video:[/b][/color] No, thank you [b][color=purple]Total Price: 25k treasure[/color][/b]
Username: GreywarenX
Dragon:
30018452_350.png

Selected Deck: Gilded
Selected Spread: Five card spread
The Topic: The curse and the clan
The Question: DreamKiller wants to know if his curse will hurt the clan; he's worried it will physically hurt his hodgepodge family, or hold them back - he's worried about holding Thief back, specifically.
Anything specific I should know? DreamKiller was cursed by the Shade as a hatchling. It got him outcast from his original clan, but it never affected him in any other way. He's also worried about holding back his mate, Thief, who just finally started to find his place in the clan.
Spread Video: No, thank you
Total Price: 25k treasure

Username: GreywarenX
Dragon:
39097628_350.png

Selected Deck: Gilded
Selected Spread: Five card spread
The Topic: Purpose
The Question: Rowan is looking for purpose. Her question is this: "What can I do to help my clan?" She wants to be useful, but she's tried shadowing her clan mates in their careers, and she has trouble fitting into those roles. She fears she'll be nothing more than a pretty face.
Anything specific I should know? Rowan is a newcomer that was adopted by Hestia, a queen in her own right. She's a dreamer, always fascinated by the stars or clouds or that thing floating by on the breeze.
Spread Video: No, thank you
Total Price: 25k treasure
xx Z2Mw6Kk.png
CUWzWXH.png
BhVZExi.png
xxx kBmJ23M.png
@GreywarenX Aw, look at these beautiful blue babies!! Accepted, and I'll attempt to get your readings to you as soon as possible! Please keep in mind that there are two other people in line before you, so it may take a little longer than normal =^)
@GreywarenX Aw, look at these beautiful blue babies!! Accepted, and I'll attempt to get your readings to you as soon as possible! Please keep in mind that there are two other people in line before you, so it may take a little longer than normal =^)
[color=purple][b]Username:[/b][/color] Lunibear [color=purple][b]Dragon:[/b][/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1171461] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/11715/1171461_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=purple][b]Selected Deck:[/b][/color] The Dragon Age Inquisition Tarot [color=purple][b]Selected Spread:[/b][/color] 5 Card Spread [color=purple][b]The Topic:[/b][/color] Problem[color=purple][b]The Question:[/b] I do not understand, if my visions falter or it is I who can no longer read them. I cannot fail my clan again. Tragedy will come but alas I cannot determine what or where or when...How can I fix this...me? What is to befall my dear clan? [/color] [color=purple][b]Anything specific I should know?[/b][/color] Gifted with the future vision, she have saved many lives and eventually appointed as the oracle. Tall tales have been weaved of her as so far, her predictions have been correct. However, now in her older years, there was an small incident where she was wrong and now doubt is consuming her. (O: A short story in her Bio) [color=purple][b]Spread Video:[/b][/color] N [b] [color=purple]Total Price:[/color]25kt[/b] Thought it would be fun for Oracle to visit a Tarot Card Reader!
Username: Lunibear
Dragon:
1171461_350.png

Selected Deck: The Dragon Age Inquisition Tarot
Selected Spread: 5 Card Spread
The Topic: ProblemThe Question: I do not understand, if my visions falter or it is I who can no longer read them. I cannot fail my clan again. Tragedy will come but alas I cannot determine what or where or when...How can I fix this...me? What is to befall my dear clan?
Anything specific I should know? Gifted with the future vision, she have saved many lives and eventually appointed as the oracle. Tall tales have been weaved of her as so far, her predictions have been correct. However, now in her older years, there was an small incident where she was wrong and now doubt is consuming her. (O: A short story in her Bio)
Spread Video: N
Total Price:25kt

Thought it would be fun for Oracle to visit a Tarot Card Reader!
@lunibear Goodness, she's a lovely girl! That accent is amazing. Accepted, though it will take a little while as three people are before you.

Just to double check though, you wanted the 5 Card Spread, correct? Judging by the 25kt price. I want to make sure before I start.
@lunibear Goodness, she's a lovely girl! That accent is amazing. Accepted, though it will take a little while as three people are before you.

Just to double check though, you wanted the 5 Card Spread, correct? Judging by the 25kt price. I want to make sure before I start.
Yes it was the 5 card spread!
Waiting not an issue :3 you're writing and reading is worth the wait!
Yes it was the 5 card spread!
Waiting not an issue :3 you're writing and reading is worth the wait!
@Necromonger Alright, it seems that the idea of a spread video was far more difficult to do than I intended. I have it, but it just doesn't want to upload from my phone to YouTube =^( I'll be sending you a refund for that aspect now, but I do hope you enjoy the reading and picture all the same! I'm so so sorry it took so long. Hopefully its length makes up for it. Please feel free to leave a review down below if you'd like. As always, I'd enjoy feedback! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38318581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/383186/38318581_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote=Bastian]Bastian felt a shiver coil across his spine as the bell rang, his mane standing on end as he turned to face the customer. A blue and white Coatl stood before him, herb pouch clutched in her paws. The malevolent aura shadowing her every move almost clogged his senses, it was that strong. “Who are you, to have brought a spirit into my home?” he snarled. She seemed surprised at his perception, though that didn’t stop her from flinching in embarrassment. “I’m sorry,” she whispered. “But I don’t know who else to turn to. Please, my name is Aibrean. There has been a vengeful spirit lurking around my clan, and recently its attention has been on draining me. I worry for the other Coatls in my clan, but I don't want to wither away and perish. Is there any way to divert the spirit elsewhere? Will my fate be death? What can I do for the clan and myself?” So many questions…though he didn’t like the thought of spirits roaming around his shop, Bastian was nowhere near heartless enough to turn her away. With a sigh he pulled his deck from its usual pocked and held it out. “Very well. Take this and shuffle it, thinking about your questions and situation while doing so. When you feel the time is right, stop and cut the deck. Pass it back to me afterwards.” It took her a few minutes to do so, as her hands kept shaking with nerves. Upon taking the cards back, Bastian decided that it was time for a new spread. She needed far more insight into her situation. “Now, the Celtic Cross is a bit more in-depth than other readings. It is one of the best at addressing specific issues. But you must listen closely to what each card represents. There are a lot of them.” When Aibrean nodded, grateful, he began to list off the representations. “The first card shows where you are in regards to the state of the situation, and your current state. The second shows the nature of the obstacles in your path. Together they form a miniature cross and capture the general feel of the entire reading.” Pushing his sleeves back, Bastian began to set the cards in a simple yet roundabout pattern, first making a cross with the first two cards before adding a card toward each of its points. “The third card shows any past influences on the subject at hand, including the root of the matter. The fourth represents the recent past and thus shows any influences on the situation that are ending. The fifth card shows what options and opportunities will be available to you; this often indicates you can resolve the situation and the best possible outcome. The sixth represents the immediate future and shows what will soon influence the situation and what happens here will affect how the outcome seen before will go.” He then added four more cards to the right in a straight line, starting from the side closest to him and placing each above the other towards her. “Now, this side is the pillar. The base card symbolizes your current state of mind and any feelings you have on the matter. The one above it represents the individuals in your life and how they see the issue. It will also reveal how the circumstances you’ve found yourself in could affect the final outcome. Above that card is one which helps clarify the expectations and fears you have due to this issue. And the final card which tops the pillar is a summary of the entire spread; it gives you your final destination so to speak.” When he was finished explaining, the Imperial set the deck aside and bent to read the selected cards. “The [b]Page of Cups[/b]. This covers you,” Bastian began. “You have a deep intuition that something is wrong. You may possess a form of psychic ability that is lending you increased insight into some emotional issues causing your haunting. This card may also indicate a child who might play an important role in your current situation or a possibly at a future time.” Here he paused and laughed before continuing. “Also, a homosexual person may influence the situation and provide help and comfort. I’d say the cards knew you would be coming to me for guidance.” When she gave a nervous but genuine smile back, the mage tapped the next card and continued. “The [b]Ten of Swords[/b]. This crosses you, for better or worse. The spirit following you feels as if it has been stabbed in the back. As a result there have been heavy losses related to the illness it brings about, and the individuals in your clan (along with yourself) are in danger. Overall it has been the cause of numerous deaths and all attempts to stop it have ended in failure. You and this spirit are engaged in what feels like a permanent stalemate, and attempting to stop it will be the decision that alters your life. Though your current plans are not working out, there is nothing you can do to salvage your previous hopes. It is after you, and you need to let go of any false beliefs you hold about the spirit’s motives in order to make headway. Your abilities will give you clarity on the situation if you acknowledge the truth.” When he looked at the next card, Bastian winced and shook his head. “Oh dear, the [b]Wheel of Fortune[/b], reversed. This is beneath you…” He stopped for a moment, eyes going glassy before his voice seemed to change, becoming more hollow and monotone. “[i]What did I do to deserve this…? As I suffered, so shall you…[/i]” At this Aibrean’s frill feathers rustled in alarm and she almost fell out of her seat, clutching the herb pouch on her side and darting her eyes around the dim room. The spirit must have followed her! Could it even possess anyone like this?! Or was this tarot reader more than he appeared? When nothing else happened, the Coatl slowly unclenched her paws and nervously faced Bastian again. She found him shaking his head and blinking, fangs bared in a grimace as he rubbed his forehead. Giving her an apologetic look the Imperial motioned back towards the cards. “Sorry. Sometimes spirits need their voice to be heard as well. Though I do wish he’d at least asked for permission first. Anyhow, it seems your spirit was persecuted during life. Their circumstances went from bad to worse unexpectedly and that is what caused their death. This rage at the injustice it experienced during life is the driving force behind its lust for vengeance. Those who wronged it may have long since passed, but it never received the closure it needed...and so it continues to drain those who resemble the ones who killed it.” Still frowning the mage continued with the next card. “The [b]Two of Coins[/b], reversed. This is behind you. You felt overwhelmed by the obligations placed on you by your clan and the complexity of the situation. It seemed difficult to motivate yourself to deal with the issue at hand because of this. Instead of spreading yourself thin trying to do everything at once, you have decided to sharpen your focus. You were being inflexible before, and your efforts have been inadequate. Now you are beginning to see that there are other options and learning to go where the wind takes you. Perhaps the spirit is not completely in the wrong and you need to realize where its coming from…” When Bastian turned to the next card he felt his whiskers twitch in surprise. “Goodness, the [b]High Priestess[/b]. This crowns you. You have an intuition that there are layers to this issue that have not been revealed. The spiritual forces around you have sent messages in your dreams, and the occult wisdom you are accumulating is helping you unlock the mysteries surrounding you. Someone is keeping a secret and you need to trust your inner voice and feelings. This is a time to realize that past conditioning has led you to not even consider other options to solve your issue. Perhaps you thought all you could do was banish the spirit, or something similar. But you must understand that there are other ways.” He waved a paw and sighed. “The card also represents an intuitive person who will come to your assistance. I’d say that’s likely me again. As such I ask you…have you ever considered even [i]talking[/i] to it? Yes it hungers for vengeance but those who hurt it are long gone. It needs closure that you might be able to provide.” Aibrean looked away as he moved on. “Ah, the [b]Two of Cups[/b], reversed. This is before you. There will be distrust, arguments, and misunderstandings. This entire situation has arisen because of a cycle of broken trust and rejection. Your ancestors violated this spirits trust. This has led to it being both unable and unwilling to move on and has caused its hatred and resentment to fester…” His voice got hollow again as he snarled out the next words. “[i]I hate you…you did this to me…[/i]” This time Bastian was able to shake it off more easily and he threw a pointed look at the place over Aibrean’s left shoulder. “Do you [i]mind?![/i]” the Imperial snapped. “I was getting to it!” The Coatl hunched down further in her seat and tried to control her shivers. “It seems if you acknowledge the faults of those who came before you, and offer up a sincere apology and a promise to never harm anyone simply for begin different…the haunting will cease. But it [i]must[/i] be genuine. And while it might take a little time for the spirit to forgive, it will eventually pass on.” The mage didn’t miss Aibrean’s look of surprise as he continued. “The [b]Nine of Coins[/b]. This is your Self. You have been relying on only youtself all this time and feel you are due for a victory. You have been concerned about protecting your clan from suffering the same horrible fate destined for you. That much is obvious. In order to save them and yourself you know you must utilize the resources available, whatever they may be. It’s why you came to me.” Reaching out, Bastian indicated the next card with an opal-covered paw. “Hmm, the [b]Eight of Staves[/b]. This is your environment and those around you. There is a manic urgency to your preparations. They feel that you are close to achieving what you set out to do and that you have begun to make headway. New friends will enter your life and aid you in what must be done. It seems traveling may be in your future, or even a move as well. Overall it appears you don’t have to worry for your clan; they will be fine.” A weight seemed to remove itself from Aibrean’s shoulders at that statement. “My but isn’t the deck turned around today,” the mage grumbled as he saw the next card. “The [b]Queen of Coins[/b], reversed. This is your hopes, fears, and expectations. You certainly fear failure. It would spell death for you and those around you. You hope to find a solution and stop this cycle of death from continuing. But your own self-doubt hinders your progress. And if you are narrow-minded in your approach to this problem you will not succeed.” At last they had come to the end of the reading. Eager to see where this would go Bastian leaned forward, watching as Aibrean mimicked his action. “Finally, we have the [b]Ace of Swords[/b]. This…is what will come.” Pausing for a moment to consider his words, the mage smiled and said, “A turning point is in your future. After this you will be able to direct your energy towards a worthwhile idea and will build the foundation for a new beginning. It is a good card, all things considered. If you take initiative and are creative in your approach, you will succeed. I don’t see death in your future little one. At least not if you listen to what has been said.” It was all Bastian could do to collect his payment as the Coatl began to thank him profusely, the happiest he had seen her since she stepped foot in his shop. [center][b]END[/b][/center][/quote] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7syveCD.jpg[/img][/center]
@Necromonger Alright, it seems that the idea of a spread video was far more difficult to do than I intended. I have it, but it just doesn't want to upload from my phone to YouTube =^( I'll be sending you a refund for that aspect now, but I do hope you enjoy the reading and picture all the same! I'm so so sorry it took so long. Hopefully its length makes up for it. Please feel free to leave a review down below if you'd like. As always, I'd enjoy feedback!
Bastian wrote:
Bastian felt a shiver coil across his spine as the bell rang, his mane standing on end as he turned to face the customer. A blue and white Coatl stood before him, herb pouch clutched in her paws. The malevolent aura shadowing her every move almost clogged his senses, it was that strong.

“Who are you, to have brought a spirit into my home?” he snarled.

She seemed surprised at his perception, though that didn’t stop her from flinching in embarrassment. “I’m sorry,” she whispered. “But I don’t know who else to turn to. Please, my name is Aibrean. There has been a vengeful spirit lurking around my clan, and recently its attention has been on draining me. I worry for the other Coatls in my clan, but I don't want to wither away and perish. Is there any way to divert the spirit elsewhere? Will my fate be death? What can I do for the clan and myself?”

So many questions…though he didn’t like the thought of spirits roaming around his shop, Bastian was nowhere near heartless enough to turn her away. With a sigh he pulled his deck from its usual pocked and held it out.

“Very well. Take this and shuffle it, thinking about your questions and situation while doing so. When you feel the time is right, stop and cut the deck. Pass it back to me afterwards.”

It took her a few minutes to do so, as her hands kept shaking with nerves. Upon taking the cards back, Bastian decided that it was time for a new spread. She needed far more insight into her situation.

“Now, the Celtic Cross is a bit more in-depth than other readings. It is one of the best at addressing specific issues. But you must listen closely to what each card represents. There are a lot of them.”

When Aibrean nodded, grateful, he began to list off the representations.

“The first card shows where you are in regards to the state of the situation, and your current state. The second shows the nature of the obstacles in your path. Together they form a miniature cross and capture the general feel of the entire reading.”

Pushing his sleeves back, Bastian began to set the cards in a simple yet roundabout pattern, first making a cross with the first two cards before adding a card toward each of its points.

“The third card shows any past influences on the subject at hand, including the root of the matter. The fourth represents the recent past and thus shows any influences on the situation that are ending. The fifth card shows what options and opportunities will be available to you; this often indicates you can resolve the situation and the best possible outcome. The sixth represents the immediate future and shows what will soon influence the situation and what happens here will affect how the outcome seen before will go.”

He then added four more cards to the right in a straight line, starting from the side closest to him and placing each above the other towards her.

“Now, this side is the pillar. The base card symbolizes your current state of mind and any feelings you have on the matter. The one above it represents the individuals in your life and how they see the issue. It will also reveal how the circumstances you’ve found yourself in could affect the final outcome. Above that card is one which helps clarify the expectations and fears you have due to this issue. And the final card which tops the pillar is a summary of the entire spread; it gives you your final destination so to speak.”

When he was finished explaining, the Imperial set the deck aside and bent to read the selected cards.

“The Page of Cups. This covers you,” Bastian began. “You have a deep intuition that something is wrong. You may possess a form of psychic ability that is lending you increased insight into some emotional issues causing your haunting. This card may also indicate a child who might play an important role in your current situation or a possibly at a future time.” Here he paused and laughed before continuing. “Also, a homosexual person may influence the situation and provide help and comfort. I’d say the cards knew you would be coming to me for guidance.”

When she gave a nervous but genuine smile back, the mage tapped the next card and continued.

“The Ten of Swords. This crosses you, for better or worse. The spirit following you feels as if it has been stabbed in the back. As a result there have been heavy losses related to the illness it brings about, and the individuals in your clan (along with yourself) are in danger. Overall it has been the cause of numerous deaths and all attempts to stop it have ended in failure. You and this spirit are engaged in what feels like a permanent stalemate, and attempting to stop it will be the decision that alters your life. Though your current plans are not working out, there is nothing you can do to salvage your previous hopes. It is after you, and you need to let go of any false beliefs you hold about the spirit’s motives in order to make headway. Your abilities will give you clarity on the situation if you acknowledge the truth.”

When he looked at the next card, Bastian winced and shook his head.

“Oh dear, the Wheel of Fortune, reversed. This is beneath you…” He stopped for a moment, eyes going glassy before his voice seemed to change, becoming more hollow and monotone. “What did I do to deserve this…? As I suffered, so shall you…

At this Aibrean’s frill feathers rustled in alarm and she almost fell out of her seat, clutching the herb pouch on her side and darting her eyes around the dim room. The spirit must have followed her! Could it even possess anyone like this?! Or was this tarot reader more than he appeared?

When nothing else happened, the Coatl slowly unclenched her paws and nervously faced Bastian again. She found him shaking his head and blinking, fangs bared in a grimace as he rubbed his forehead. Giving her an apologetic look the Imperial motioned back towards the cards.

“Sorry. Sometimes spirits need their voice to be heard as well. Though I do wish he’d at least asked for permission first. Anyhow, it seems your spirit was persecuted during life. Their circumstances went from bad to worse unexpectedly and that is what caused their death. This rage at the injustice it experienced during life is the driving force behind its lust for vengeance. Those who wronged it may have long since passed, but it never received the closure it needed...and so it continues to drain those who resemble the ones who killed it.”

Still frowning the mage continued with the next card.

“The Two of Coins, reversed. This is behind you. You felt overwhelmed by the obligations placed on you by your clan and the complexity of the situation. It seemed difficult to motivate yourself to deal with the issue at hand because of this. Instead of spreading yourself thin trying to do everything at once, you have decided to sharpen your focus. You were being inflexible before, and your efforts have been inadequate. Now you are beginning to see that there are other options and learning to go where the wind takes you. Perhaps the spirit is not completely in the wrong and you need to realize where its coming from…”

When Bastian turned to the next card he felt his whiskers twitch in surprise.

“Goodness, the High Priestess. This crowns you. You have an intuition that there are layers to this issue that have not been revealed. The spiritual forces around you have sent messages in your dreams, and the occult wisdom you are accumulating is helping you unlock the mysteries surrounding you. Someone is keeping a secret and you need to trust your inner voice and feelings. This is a time to realize that past conditioning has led you to not even consider other options to solve your issue. Perhaps you thought all you could do was banish the spirit, or something similar. But you must understand that there are other ways.”

He waved a paw and sighed. “The card also represents an intuitive person who will come to your assistance. I’d say that’s likely me again. As such I ask you…have you ever considered even talking to it? Yes it hungers for vengeance but those who hurt it are long gone. It needs closure that you might be able to provide.”

Aibrean looked away as he moved on.

“Ah, the Two of Cups, reversed. This is before you. There will be distrust, arguments, and misunderstandings. This entire situation has arisen because of a cycle of broken trust and rejection. Your ancestors violated this spirits trust. This has led to it being both unable and unwilling to move on and has caused its hatred and resentment to fester…” His voice got hollow again as he snarled out the next words. “I hate you…you did this to me…

This time Bastian was able to shake it off more easily and he threw a pointed look at the place over Aibrean’s left shoulder. “Do you mind?!” the Imperial snapped. “I was getting to it!” The Coatl hunched down further in her seat and tried to control her shivers.

“It seems if you acknowledge the faults of those who came before you, and offer up a sincere apology and a promise to never harm anyone simply for begin different…the haunting will cease. But it must be genuine. And while it might take a little time for the spirit to forgive, it will eventually pass on.”

The mage didn’t miss Aibrean’s look of surprise as he continued.

“The Nine of Coins. This is your Self. You have been relying on only youtself all this time and feel you are due for a victory. You have been concerned about protecting your clan from suffering the same horrible fate destined for you. That much is obvious. In order to save them and yourself you know you must utilize the resources available, whatever they may be. It’s why you came to me.”

Reaching out, Bastian indicated the next card with an opal-covered paw.

“Hmm, the Eight of Staves. This is your environment and those around you. There is a manic urgency to your preparations. They feel that you are close to achieving what you set out to do and that you have begun to make headway. New friends will enter your life and aid you in what must be done. It seems traveling may be in your future, or even a move as well. Overall it appears you don’t have to worry for your clan; they will be fine.”

A weight seemed to remove itself from Aibrean’s shoulders at that statement.

“My but isn’t the deck turned around today,” the mage grumbled as he saw the next card. “The Queen of Coins, reversed. This is your hopes, fears, and expectations. You certainly fear failure. It would spell death for you and those around you. You hope to find a solution and stop this cycle of death from continuing. But your own self-doubt hinders your progress. And if you are narrow-minded in your approach to this problem you will not succeed.”

At last they had come to the end of the reading. Eager to see where this would go Bastian leaned forward, watching as Aibrean mimicked his action.

“Finally, we have the Ace of Swords. This…is what will come.”

Pausing for a moment to consider his words, the mage smiled and said, “A turning point is in your future. After this you will be able to direct your energy towards a worthwhile idea and will build the foundation for a new beginning. It is a good card, all things considered. If you take initiative and are creative in your approach, you will succeed. I don’t see death in your future little one. At least not if you listen to what has been said.”

It was all Bastian could do to collect his payment as the Coatl began to thank him profusely, the happiest he had seen her since she stepped foot in his shop.

END

7syveCD.jpg
1 2 3 4 5