Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Performance Update
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Xhaztol,

Wow! Whatever you did just now, it's awesome! Site is so fast!
@Xhaztol,

Wow! Whatever you did just now, it's awesome! Site is so fast!
soundless_space_hatchery_signature_copy_by_vet_in_training-da0l17p.png
Well worth the wait. It means we are all happy you are putting your all into the quality of this site.
Well worth the wait. It means we are all happy you are putting your all into the quality of this site.
Come little hatchlings... we'll take thee away...
As frustrating as the downtime and maintenance are, I very much appreciate the effort you guys are putting into attacking the problem. Keep it up!
As frustrating as the downtime and maintenance are, I very much appreciate the effort you guys are putting into attacking the problem. Keep it up!
QFXpYkj.png
I just want to say that, as a person who has been here since just after the official release of this website, I really appreciate all the work the team has put into making FR easy and fun to play. The slowness and glitching can be frustrating, yes, but we will survive it and the site will only improve due to these obstacles.

I'm sure many others have said that, but it can't hurt to say it again, right? Thank you for everything, Flight Rising staff.
I just want to say that, as a person who has been here since just after the official release of this website, I really appreciate all the work the team has put into making FR easy and fun to play. The slowness and glitching can be frustrating, yes, but we will survive it and the site will only improve due to these obstacles.

I'm sure many others have said that, but it can't hurt to say it again, right? Thank you for everything, Flight Rising staff.
B3PK3JL.png
  • call me lu or lamprey
  • they/them
  • FR+0
It's okay, I'm sure it'll get better and better. I've no doubt it's more stressful to the admins than the players.
It's okay, I'm sure it'll get better and better. I've no doubt it's more stressful to the admins than the players.
furry_fiddle.png
In my opinion, since your announcements indicate you are "fragmenting" the "table structure", it sounds like you are partitioning your database, which is the single most important step in scalability. So I think you are finally on the right track, and there will be clear progress on performance soon. I actually thought there was some noticeable performance improvement, even during the stress test.

EDIT: Right now, the site doesn't seem improved. It's slow, just barely usable, like I've often seen it before. However, there are almost 2300 users online. Before, I'd seen it like that with 1700 users, and much worse with 2000, so things have genuinely improved.
In my opinion, since your announcements indicate you are "fragmenting" the "table structure", it sounds like you are partitioning your database, which is the single most important step in scalability. So I think you are finally on the right track, and there will be clear progress on performance soon. I actually thought there was some noticeable performance improvement, even during the stress test.

EDIT: Right now, the site doesn't seem improved. It's slow, just barely usable, like I've often seen it before. However, there are almost 2300 users online. Before, I'd seen it like that with 1700 users, and much worse with 2000, so things have genuinely improved.
DBCSimpleBanner.png
I'm depressed because I was up to level 14 of Runestones with over 33k points (don't know what my score was) when it totally froze and refused to go on to the next level or give me a chance to complete the game. That's the best I've ever done, and it's all gone. :(

I hope the puzzle is working after the reboot, because I've had better luck with that so far.
I'm depressed because I was up to level 14 of Runestones with over 33k points (don't know what my score was) when it totally froze and refused to go on to the next level or give me a chance to complete the game. That's the best I've ever done, and it's all gone. :(

I hope the puzzle is working after the reboot, because I've had better luck with that so far.
just wanted to say that I love the dedication put into making the site work well. Even though there are many problems with it at the moment, I will never quit and always try to play. also I love your guys sense of humor. you rock flight rising!
just wanted to say that I love the dedication put into making the site work well. Even though there are many problems with it at the moment, I will never quit and always try to play. also I love your guys sense of humor. you rock flight rising!
Hello from the cosmos
As a newbie, of course I wish FR didn't need to go on maintenance this frequently: I'm excited about finally being able to register and just want to play and explore the site.

However, since FR is a big site, yet still pretty new, I expected it to have its problems. Plus, it's not the existence of problems that I really care about (I mean, show me a site that never had bugs or downtimes) — it's the way these problems are handled that matters to me the most. And you guys are doing very good with it as far as I can see. I especially appreciate the way you're treating your userbase.

So, I just want you guys to know that, despite all issues, my first impression about FR is still very positive :) I'm cheering for you here!
As a newbie, of course I wish FR didn't need to go on maintenance this frequently: I'm excited about finally being able to register and just want to play and explore the site.

However, since FR is a big site, yet still pretty new, I expected it to have its problems. Plus, it's not the existence of problems that I really care about (I mean, show me a site that never had bugs or downtimes) — it's the way these problems are handled that matters to me the most. And you guys are doing very good with it as far as I can see. I especially appreciate the way you're treating your userbase.

So, I just want you guys to know that, despite all issues, my first impression about FR is still very positive :) I'm cheering for you here!
Thanks for all the hard work, I know it can't be easy.
Thanks for all the hard work, I know it can't be easy.
006F_Custom.pngAmaria2_zps50b0d189.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9