Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Performance Update
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thank you for everyone's continuing hard work and dedication! It is appreciated, for as often as we collectively whine. Thank you all!
Thank you for everyone's continuing hard work and dedication! It is appreciated, for as often as we collectively whine. Thank you all!
I am a newbie here. I am enjoying the site when I have access to it. Mostly my crummy internet pervents me form playing the Fairgrounds and Colisuim. I do think there may be a problem with the clan buff. My dragons happiness has not drop below 80% since Tuesday however I only receive the bonus for one day. I mouse over the bar and it says i should be receiving the bonus but no change in gems, treasure, gathering or exp. Not sure if that's normal or not.
I am a newbie here. I am enjoying the site when I have access to it. Mostly my crummy internet pervents me form playing the Fairgrounds and Colisuim. I do think there may be a problem with the clan buff. My dragons happiness has not drop below 80% since Tuesday however I only receive the bonus for one day. I mouse over the bar and it says i should be receiving the bonus but no change in gems, treasure, gathering or exp. Not sure if that's normal or not.
It's heartening to see the newbies that are pleased with the site so far, despite the hiccups. Just goes to show that this game really is great, people do love it a lot. :^)

Keep up the good work!
It's heartening to see the newbies that are pleased with the site so far, despite the hiccups. Just goes to show that this game really is great, people do love it a lot. :^)

Keep up the good work!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

The site still seems to be experiencing slow down...
The site still seems to be experiencing slow down...
Whatever just happened, yes please! ^^
Whatever just happened, yes please! ^^
Will you guys be fixing the achievement errors? I know I have accomplished multiple tasks, but no points are awarded.
Will you guys be fixing the achievement errors? I know I have accomplished multiple tasks, but no points are awarded.
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-09-05 18:11:49"]Hello, everyone. It's been another rough day over here, but we are making some headway. This afternoon the web team made several database optimizations and placed artificial stress (in the form of about 600 additional users) on the site to monitor the results. That stress test has been concluded. As you all have noticed, the site is still not in great shape, so we are going to be taking the new information and formulating another set of plans. There is a chance that tomorrow, to implement changes, we may need to go into maintenance again, but as always, we will keep our communication channels open, and the period as short as [s]humanly[/s] dragonly possible. No one feels worse about the current scenario than we do. It means a lot to us that you are playing, and still being so awesome to all the new players and each other. Please know we are not letting a moment pass over here without query hunting, bug testing, data analyzing, or when the coders are asleep, art content creation. We'll get through this. Thanks again for being the most awesome community ever.[/quote] I'm having a blast with the game. A daily thing that is almost as routine as going to work . I really like it. I understand that hiccups come with the territory, but will you guys be fixing the achievement errors? I know I have accomplished multiple tasks, but no points have been rewarded.
Xhaztol wrote on 2013-09-05 18:11:49:
Hello, everyone.

It's been another rough day over here, but we are making some headway. This afternoon the web team made several database optimizations and placed artificial stress (in the form of about 600 additional users) on the site to monitor the results. That stress test has been concluded. As you all have noticed, the site is still not in great shape, so we are going to be taking the new information and formulating another set of plans. There is a chance that tomorrow, to implement changes, we may need to go into maintenance again, but as always, we will keep our communication channels open, and the period as short as humanly dragonly possible. No one feels worse about the current scenario than we do.

It means a lot to us that you are playing, and still being so awesome to all the new players and each other. Please know we are not letting a moment pass over here without query hunting, bug testing, data analyzing, or when the coders are asleep, art content creation.

We'll get through this. Thanks again for being the most awesome community ever.

I'm having a blast with the game. A daily thing that is almost as routine as going to work . I really like it. I understand that hiccups come with the territory, but will you guys be fixing the achievement errors? I know I have accomplished multiple tasks, but no points have been rewarded.
Achievements aren't broken. They've been disabled (though in the end I suppose this will look like much the same thing!) We were trying to narrow down things that were causing our website to be slow, and Achievements were one of the culprits. Akiri is working on streamlining how they're checked and awarded. We'll bring them back up after we've had a chance to monitor our server's performance without them for a bit.
Achievements aren't broken. They've been disabled (though in the end I suppose this will look like much the same thing!) We were trying to narrow down things that were causing our website to be slow, and Achievements were one of the culprits. Akiri is working on streamlining how they're checked and awarded. We'll bring them back up after we've had a chance to monitor our server's performance without them for a bit.
Its been more than a bit since they were brought down though.
Its been more than a bit since they were brought down though.
tumblr_inline_nsthppR02g1s23g03_540.pngCatmas_Sig_PlaygroundA.pngCatmas_Sig_PlaygroundB.pngCatmas_Sig_PlaygroundC.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9