Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Welcome Back!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
HAHA thanks for the removal genes. I'll get right on using them on the dragons I've spent buttloads of time saving up to gene in the first place.

/s
HAHA thanks for the removal genes. I'll get right on using them on the dragons I've spent buttloads of time saving up to gene in the first place.

/s
tumblr_n6xwujrYxg1rd5h0co1_500.png
Removal genes?
WHY?
Why would you give us things you guys sell cheap that are meant to UNDO what we're all working hard for?

I love the chest, I'm grateful for the food, but giving us something like removal genes is SERIOUSLY depressing. I can't even afford any specialty genes yet! You could have at least given us the clown or speckle/freckle--something less popular but USEFUL. :C
What am I supposed to do with these? I was going to consider selling them...but the fact is, 2000 other players are probably going to be doing the same thing.

Aside from that, I'd like to thank you for the other gifts and the fact that we have more puzzles and that Shock Switch now pays out, since it's so far my favorite game.

I would really suggest you guys consider giving out something else though. Someone mentioned dispersing another round of gold chests? That would be a little better, yes. Thank you. Or tossing everyone a random gene or even a renaming scroll.
Removal genes?
WHY?
Why would you give us things you guys sell cheap that are meant to UNDO what we're all working hard for?

I love the chest, I'm grateful for the food, but giving us something like removal genes is SERIOUSLY depressing. I can't even afford any specialty genes yet! You could have at least given us the clown or speckle/freckle--something less popular but USEFUL. :C
What am I supposed to do with these? I was going to consider selling them...but the fact is, 2000 other players are probably going to be doing the same thing.

Aside from that, I'd like to thank you for the other gifts and the fact that we have more puzzles and that Shock Switch now pays out, since it's so far my favorite game.

I would really suggest you guys consider giving out something else though. Someone mentioned dispersing another round of gold chests? That would be a little better, yes. Thank you. Or tossing everyone a random gene or even a renaming scroll.
@Jerepasaurus It's actually pretty handy when you find a dragon with a great color scheme that either has a gene you don't want (Like for instance you would rather it has speckle or freckle and it has tiger and stripes) or an unsightly gembond with a tertiary that ruins it. And also some breeded dragons turn out a bit cluttered or you breed dragons with different genes and they don't match up right, you can remove one to make it look nicer.

All in all, I appreciate the gesture :)
@Jerepasaurus It's actually pretty handy when you find a dragon with a great color scheme that either has a gene you don't want (Like for instance you would rather it has speckle or freckle and it has tiger and stripes) or an unsightly gembond with a tertiary that ruins it. And also some breeded dragons turn out a bit cluttered or you breed dragons with different genes and they don't match up right, you can remove one to make it look nicer.

All in all, I appreciate the gesture :)
X2sUkwy.png
@Jenn , I can understand that use, of course. But I think that sort of ability works better for people that have a lot more treasure. I've only got 2 dragons with genes on them as it is, and if I really REALLY wanted to remove the genes, I wouldn't have had a problem spending 10k on it. I wanted to rename a dragon, so I spent 6k. I feel it was worth it. (Although because of such purchases, I have yet to get over 100k treasure. )

I suppose just having some free as spares is very nice to have some of, just in case, but when they were giving gifts like...1 gold chest for only being down for 1 day...
and then they're down for a whole week and we get 1 gold chest...it just feels...a tad lacking. e_e

@Jenn , I can understand that use, of course. But I think that sort of ability works better for people that have a lot more treasure. I've only got 2 dragons with genes on them as it is, and if I really REALLY wanted to remove the genes, I wouldn't have had a problem spending 10k on it. I wanted to rename a dragon, so I spent 6k. I feel it was worth it. (Although because of such purchases, I have yet to get over 100k treasure. )

I suppose just having some free as spares is very nice to have some of, just in case, but when they were giving gifts like...1 gold chest for only being down for 1 day...
and then they're down for a whole week and we get 1 gold chest...it just feels...a tad lacking. e_e

Thank you very much for all your hard work!
Thank you very much for all your hard work!
[img][/img]fESLZfj.gifDerpCarmineCranes2014.png
@Jerepasaurus Right but you've also got to think if thousands of users all had a gene, that gene essentially becomes worthless. As for genes, it shouldn't be too hard to get some of the more common genes like shimmer and freckle (There's even a freckle baby being sold for just 7k!)
@Jerepasaurus Right but you've also got to think if thousands of users all had a gene, that gene essentially becomes worthless. As for genes, it shouldn't be too hard to get some of the more common genes like shimmer and freckle (There's even a freckle baby being sold for just 7k!)
X2sUkwy.png
Thank you guys for all your hard work! And for the care package. I agree the remove genes are a little...meh...but who knows, they could end up being useful. I will hang on to them. I haven't opened my gold chest yet, but if it's anything like the last one, then I will love it. And most of all...

Albino hedgehog familliar! love love LOVE it! Now...if I can just find me that OTHER hedgie familiar... :D
Thank you guys for all your hard work! And for the care package. I agree the remove genes are a little...meh...but who knows, they could end up being useful. I will hang on to them. I haven't opened my gold chest yet, but if it's anything like the last one, then I will love it. And most of all...

Albino hedgehog familliar! love love LOVE it! Now...if I can just find me that OTHER hedgie familiar... :D
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@Jenn

A single gene wouldn't make it worthless, especially since it's not reducing the price of it in the market. It may make babies cheaper for a little bit, but if it's something like speckle/freckle those genes aren't as popular in the first place so nobody's really going to be losing out on anything. Something like iridescent/shimmer/circuit wouldn't magically go down in price either because you have to spend real money to get gems for them otherwise, thus making it impossible for some people to get(unless they have hundreds of thousands of gold to spend in the AH, which wouldn't be such an issue if getting gold in the first place wasn't so hard).

Gene removal is only worthwhile to people who have the means to buy dragons with genes they don't want in the first place, which is way more expense than most people are going to want to waste to buy that dragon-- gened dragons don't go for cheap(unless the seller doesn't know better to price them higher), and the people who've bought their own genes aren't just going to undo all of their own hard work. Gene removal scrolls are honestly worthless to most people-- I'd honestly have taken accessories over that.
@Jenn

A single gene wouldn't make it worthless, especially since it's not reducing the price of it in the market. It may make babies cheaper for a little bit, but if it's something like speckle/freckle those genes aren't as popular in the first place so nobody's really going to be losing out on anything. Something like iridescent/shimmer/circuit wouldn't magically go down in price either because you have to spend real money to get gems for them otherwise, thus making it impossible for some people to get(unless they have hundreds of thousands of gold to spend in the AH, which wouldn't be such an issue if getting gold in the first place wasn't so hard).

Gene removal is only worthwhile to people who have the means to buy dragons with genes they don't want in the first place, which is way more expense than most people are going to want to waste to buy that dragon-- gened dragons don't go for cheap(unless the seller doesn't know better to price them higher), and the people who've bought their own genes aren't just going to undo all of their own hard work. Gene removal scrolls are honestly worthless to most people-- I'd honestly have taken accessories over that.
Gene removal scrolls were a baffling choice, but on the other hand I can see why they wouldn't want to hand out 100kt items for free. They'd get a lot of people whining about how they feel their precious gened dragons are being devalued, whether that's true or not...

Anyway I'm happy with just the hedgehog. I kind of like having something that users who join later won't be able to get (except by paying loads on the AH, I guess.)

The site seems to be running a little better than it was earlier this afternoon. Not well, or consistently, but I was able to access the Coliseum at last. Did they change something?
Gene removal scrolls were a baffling choice, but on the other hand I can see why they wouldn't want to hand out 100kt items for free. They'd get a lot of people whining about how they feel their precious gened dragons are being devalued, whether that's true or not...

Anyway I'm happy with just the hedgehog. I kind of like having something that users who join later won't be able to get (except by paying loads on the AH, I guess.)

The site seems to be running a little better than it was earlier this afternoon. Not well, or consistently, but I was able to access the Coliseum at last. Did they change something?
Chewy Tentacle
@Synchronized : You worded it perfectly, more like what I was trying to get at. Thank you. X) ♥
@Synchronized : You worded it perfectly, more like what I was trying to get at. Thank you. X) ♥
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15