Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Welcome Back!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I feel bad you guys are getting so much flack. You're working really hard and it's not like you're gods - you can't forsee every problem that's going to pop up. Coding and programming can be extremely frustrating and I commend you for being so patient with users who are not so patient.

That said, the site WAS pretty laggy and almost unusable when I logged in about six hours ago, but it seems to have gotten much quicker since, and I can play games again. Occasionally I get the "FR is experiencing heavy load page" but I can easily hit refresh and it does so just fine. I don't have many complaints. I'm addicted to this site so having some slowdowns is probably good for me. Gives me some time to go do other things. :>

Keep at it, I know some people are frustrated (I'd be lying if I said I haven't been a little frustrated too) but I think a lot of users need to put this in perspective. If you haven't tried to build your own virtual pet site with around only four admins, you don't really know what it's like to deal with all these issues. It's hard work.

ANYWAY!! I'm really excited the site is back. Gonna get all my genes and breed ALL THE BABIES.
I feel bad you guys are getting so much flack. You're working really hard and it's not like you're gods - you can't forsee every problem that's going to pop up. Coding and programming can be extremely frustrating and I commend you for being so patient with users who are not so patient.

That said, the site WAS pretty laggy and almost unusable when I logged in about six hours ago, but it seems to have gotten much quicker since, and I can play games again. Occasionally I get the "FR is experiencing heavy load page" but I can easily hit refresh and it does so just fine. I don't have many complaints. I'm addicted to this site so having some slowdowns is probably good for me. Gives me some time to go do other things. :>

Keep at it, I know some people are frustrated (I'd be lying if I said I haven't been a little frustrated too) but I think a lot of users need to put this in perspective. If you haven't tried to build your own virtual pet site with around only four admins, you don't really know what it's like to deal with all these issues. It's hard work.

ANYWAY!! I'm really excited the site is back. Gonna get all my genes and breed ALL THE BABIES.
| Skin Shop |
After everything that's been going on and having to fight constantly with game, runes never working. And then nearly two weeks of downtime only to come back on and continue to struggle with the site. The same if not worse than last time.

and you give us not only a single chest (like when the site had been down only a day or two, when this was weeks) but.gene..... removals?!

One gene, ONE, and iI'm positive you wouldn't be getting any flack, people would be happy to wait, it wouldn't have messed with the economey, and people who haven't been able to get a gene yet would have been extatic! Even a cheap gene, a wing gene. Come on!

but gene removals?! That is an insult, a slap in the face. You guys are laughing at us. Thats what it feels like. Do something, please, you can make people less upset Easily!
After everything that's been going on and having to fight constantly with game, runes never working. And then nearly two weeks of downtime only to come back on and continue to struggle with the site. The same if not worse than last time.

and you give us not only a single chest (like when the site had been down only a day or two, when this was weeks) but.gene..... removals?!

One gene, ONE, and iI'm positive you wouldn't be getting any flack, people would be happy to wait, it wouldn't have messed with the economey, and people who haven't been able to get a gene yet would have been extatic! Even a cheap gene, a wing gene. Come on!

but gene removals?! That is an insult, a slap in the face. You guys are laughing at us. Thats what it feels like. Do something, please, you can make people less upset Easily!
Gene removal scrolls were kind of a confusing choice, and I'd rather have had another chest or two, but a flood of free genes probably wouldn't be great for the market. I'm just glad we got free items at all.

(I got a set of gold rings for the dragon I gave Speedy to. :D)

I just wish things would work. I can't be the only Water frustrated about not being able to get any use out of our dominance because the site isn't functional enough to do anything. This many users online wasn't unusual at all before the downtime, and you could at least get through dailies then.

I'd rather have seen it down for testing even longer, and working when it got back up, than back up sooner but pretty much useless.
Gene removal scrolls were kind of a confusing choice, and I'd rather have had another chest or two, but a flood of free genes probably wouldn't be great for the market. I'm just glad we got free items at all.

(I got a set of gold rings for the dragon I gave Speedy to. :D)

I just wish things would work. I can't be the only Water frustrated about not being able to get any use out of our dominance because the site isn't functional enough to do anything. This many users online wasn't unusual at all before the downtime, and you could at least get through dailies then.

I'd rather have seen it down for testing even longer, and working when it got back up, than back up sooner but pretty much useless.
Chewy Tentacle
@insanityprelude

free gene (single) would have been fine for the market, theres no way people would let that go easy, if they didnt put it on their own dragon they could give it to a friend, and since they are all the same gene its not like friend would be doublegeneing a single dragon, if they chose to sell said gene? the wouldnt sell it any less than flight discount

so what one gene is cheap(er) for a little bit? it wouldnt take long at all the market would not suffer. i promise.
@insanityprelude

free gene (single) would have been fine for the market, theres no way people would let that go easy, if they didnt put it on their own dragon they could give it to a friend, and since they are all the same gene its not like friend would be doublegeneing a single dragon, if they chose to sell said gene? the wouldnt sell it any less than flight discount

so what one gene is cheap(er) for a little bit? it wouldnt take long at all the market would not suffer. i promise.
Refresh button for dragon images, doesnt work - neither does equipping an unequipping items (which is a ton of work x.x) - im guessing its still a bit buggy.
Refresh button for dragon images, doesnt work - neither does equipping an unequipping items (which is a ton of work x.x) - im guessing its still a bit buggy.
even better idea, make a new gene, give one to everyone who's currently playing. it'll be like the limited imperial scrolls? no one would give that up and since reg is closed it would only be to all who currently play, and a great way to boost the market instead.

Even something simple. Just... anything other than this would have been nice and make people feel less cheated.

as it is I was working to get a dragon I really wanted badly, I was really close to having the treasure for it when servers went down... I would have had that money had they not, when serves came back up the person had already sold the dragon off to some one else whoed seen the dragon while it was down... I was screwed out of a dragon I'd been working on and would have been able to get had I been able to 'work' or if iI'd gotten a little bit more treasure from the care package.

what would have been wrong with one days luck streek worth of treasure?
even better idea, make a new gene, give one to everyone who's currently playing. it'll be like the limited imperial scrolls? no one would give that up and since reg is closed it would only be to all who currently play, and a great way to boost the market instead.

Even something simple. Just... anything other than this would have been nice and make people feel less cheated.

as it is I was working to get a dragon I really wanted badly, I was really close to having the treasure for it when servers went down... I would have had that money had they not, when serves came back up the person had already sold the dragon off to some one else whoed seen the dragon while it was down... I was screwed out of a dragon I'd been working on and would have been able to get had I been able to 'work' or if iI'd gotten a little bit more treasure from the care package.

what would have been wrong with one days luck streek worth of treasure?
Also look, more offline testing isn't going to help them fix what goes on when people actually log on, they need people on to fix what happens when we do. We're basically back to beta testing.
Also look, more offline testing isn't going to help them fix what goes on when people actually log on, they need people on to fix what happens when we do. We're basically back to beta testing.
i was able to exalt a dragon this morning, but otherwise(besides receiving the care package),i'm not able to get anything to load now. i REALLY want to see what's in my gilded treasure chest!! :/ get on it, admins(um... if you would be so kind to... ^.^).
i was able to exalt a dragon this morning, but otherwise(besides receiving the care package),i'm not able to get anything to load now. i REALLY want to see what's in my gilded treasure chest!! :/ get on it, admins(um... if you would be so kind to... ^.^).
I'll find something to put here... Eventually... :/
It's suddenly running really fast for me! Anyone else?
It's suddenly running really fast for me! Anyone else?
I06KedT.gif
Chill out, Jak. It's annoying but the site is back. Baby dragons are cheaper right now. Soon there will be skydancers and a festival to look forward to. Focus on the positive things it really helps lessen the frustration. The more wound up you get about little things, the less likely you are to just enjoy the game when you can.
Chill out, Jak. It's annoying but the site is back. Baby dragons are cheaper right now. Soon there will be skydancers and a festival to look forward to. Focus on the positive things it really helps lessen the frustration. The more wound up you get about little things, the less likely you are to just enjoy the game when you can.
ixeclKz.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15