Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Welcome Back!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15
Thank you for all of your hard work, admins.

I've never had to program a server to move data from one to another, but I have set one up before, and I'll tell you all it's really funky. What works on the first one may break the second one, things move that shouldn't move but do anyway, and after you build it and sit back with your arms crossed someone pokes it and the whole thing falls over (not physically, you know what I mean).

Sometimes you can't know what will work/not work until it starts getting used. I understand the exasperation at those evil server is under heavy load screens... I think we forget that as long as this site is down there is no revenue coming in either. They have to balance downtime with the funds needed to maintain this site. They walk a fine line, and theyre doing their best.

I certainly couldn't do any better. ^-^;;
Thank you for all of your hard work, admins.

I've never had to program a server to move data from one to another, but I have set one up before, and I'll tell you all it's really funky. What works on the first one may break the second one, things move that shouldn't move but do anyway, and after you build it and sit back with your arms crossed someone pokes it and the whole thing falls over (not physically, you know what I mean).

Sometimes you can't know what will work/not work until it starts getting used. I understand the exasperation at those evil server is under heavy load screens... I think we forget that as long as this site is down there is no revenue coming in either. They have to balance downtime with the funds needed to maintain this site. They walk a fine line, and theyre doing their best.

I certainly couldn't do any better. ^-^;;
hatchery.png
@KahluaLiqueur For fear of double posting I will add this: I can agree about the updates. ^-^ I don't have a tumblr and I was scanning facebook like a drug addict for updates.

I'm not a serious optimist (quite the opposite on occasions) but I would like to point out that we should have new people soon, and that will bring new people itching for all the dragons we are trying to sell.
@KahluaLiqueur For fear of double posting I will add this: I can agree about the updates. ^-^ I don't have a tumblr and I was scanning facebook like a drug addict for updates.

I'm not a serious optimist (quite the opposite on occasions) but I would like to point out that we should have new people soon, and that will bring new people itching for all the dragons we are trying to sell.
hatchery.png
@KahluaLiqueur - Most of my dragons are breed-ready as well. I'm also lacking space since my dragons aren't selling, due to nobody having money cause the site runs slow. I'm planning on just exalting the non-gened ones just for the sake of getting rid of them.

@DianaLW - I just spend time here for my dailies and feeding the dragons, so I won't lose my bonus, for the rest I just can't bother since I have to study for my finals and I don't have much time to spend on the internet, so I might as well spend my time playing videogames instead of waiting here for hours...
@KahluaLiqueur - Most of my dragons are breed-ready as well. I'm also lacking space since my dragons aren't selling, due to nobody having money cause the site runs slow. I'm planning on just exalting the non-gened ones just for the sake of getting rid of them.

@DianaLW - I just spend time here for my dailies and feeding the dragons, so I won't lose my bonus, for the rest I just can't bother since I have to study for my finals and I don't have much time to spend on the internet, so I might as well spend my time playing videogames instead of waiting here for hours...
OY2CZgk.png
@Raeshiel
They mentioned that they don't know when they're going to be opening up registration again, so I doubt we'll be getting new users any time soon. Due to all these problems, if they did so now, the site would crash. They have users that the servers can't seem to handle as of right now. Adding more to that plate would just be a bad idea.

I'm not much of an optimist. I have hope, and it's all I really can do for the site for now, but I usually expect the worst instead of getting my hopes up too high. That way if I was wrong, then heck, it makes it all the more better. ^^;

@Pepperdragon
I know that feel. I've only just got 50k in my pocket and I'm debating if I should blow it on lair space or save up for the possible SkyDancers, if the site even settles out enough for anyone to afford them. Since no one has any treasure to pass around due to the site being offline and everything being slow + messing up/not loading, like you said, the economy here on the site ain't too swell.
@Raeshiel
They mentioned that they don't know when they're going to be opening up registration again, so I doubt we'll be getting new users any time soon. Due to all these problems, if they did so now, the site would crash. They have users that the servers can't seem to handle as of right now. Adding more to that plate would just be a bad idea.

I'm not much of an optimist. I have hope, and it's all I really can do for the site for now, but I usually expect the worst instead of getting my hopes up too high. That way if I was wrong, then heck, it makes it all the more better. ^^;

@Pepperdragon
I know that feel. I've only just got 50k in my pocket and I'm debating if I should blow it on lair space or save up for the possible SkyDancers, if the site even settles out enough for anyone to afford them. Since no one has any treasure to pass around due to the site being offline and everything being slow + messing up/not loading, like you said, the economy here on the site ain't too swell.
plague_rune_20.png fire_rune_20.png light_rune_20.png earth_rune_20.png wind_rune_20.png nature_rune_20.png lightning_rune_20.png water_rune_20.png ice_rune_20.png shadow_rune_20.png arcane_rune_20.png
@KahluaLiqueur So pessimistic you come out on the other side! ^-^

I have to wonder about that server is under heavy load page... I think its programmed to pop up under certain conditions... but there is no way that server can't handle us all. Maybe it is a load balance thing.

The thing that keeps me here the most is actually the people. I have a few friends here I sorely missed over the week. So until I can play with all the shiny stuff, at least I can talk to them.

I'm gonna go roll around in a field of four leaf clovers. XD Maybe that'll help. *will not actually go out, since there are more goatheads than grass out there*
@KahluaLiqueur So pessimistic you come out on the other side! ^-^

I have to wonder about that server is under heavy load page... I think its programmed to pop up under certain conditions... but there is no way that server can't handle us all. Maybe it is a load balance thing.

The thing that keeps me here the most is actually the people. I have a few friends here I sorely missed over the week. So until I can play with all the shiny stuff, at least I can talk to them.

I'm gonna go roll around in a field of four leaf clovers. XD Maybe that'll help. *will not actually go out, since there are more goatheads than grass out there*
hatchery.png
Well, what to say.
Admins, YOU MUST BE NUTS.
2 WEEKS!!! 2 damn weeks instead of "some maintenance". You stated the site will be up and running at the 11th, instead you made it only know, and all that your player got as your excuse is a BUNCH OF USELESS JUNK?!
No, seriously, just think about it. Why to stuff that packages with stuff, that almost nobody want to buy? It's cheap. It's useless. It's not any exclusive in any way.
SO WHY TO?!!!

Grrrrr... I hate this. One more move like this and I'll be quiting that game. I don't like when they tell me to "wait a little" and promise me something wonderfull, and then leting me wait heck-of-a-time and give me some garbage >^
Well, what to say.
Admins, YOU MUST BE NUTS.
2 WEEKS!!! 2 damn weeks instead of "some maintenance". You stated the site will be up and running at the 11th, instead you made it only know, and all that your player got as your excuse is a BUNCH OF USELESS JUNK?!
No, seriously, just think about it. Why to stuff that packages with stuff, that almost nobody want to buy? It's cheap. It's useless. It's not any exclusive in any way.
SO WHY TO?!!!

Grrrrr... I hate this. One more move like this and I'll be quiting that game. I don't like when they tell me to "wait a little" and promise me something wonderfull, and then leting me wait heck-of-a-time and give me some garbage >^
17.jpg
YES!!! I've missed you guys! Thank you for all of your hard work!
YES!!! I've missed you guys! Thank you for all of your hard work!
soundless_space_hatchery_signature_copy_by_vet_in_training-da0l17p.png
Hi, please turn the search off again, the site is still extremely slow... Thanks!
Hi, please turn the search off again, the site is still extremely slow... Thanks!
ppp-badge_solostore.gif m6asBGp.pngnD713ZL.gif
FWMW3nE.png
Thank you for your hard work! The hedgie is adorable too.

I think the search function or something needs to go back down. The site is not running like it ought with all the lag, I can understand the frustration.

On the bright side, runestones is working well for me, so at least I can get some treasure that way. :)
Thank you for your hard work! The hedgie is adorable too.

I think the search function or something needs to go back down. The site is not running like it ought with all the lag, I can understand the frustration.

On the bright side, runestones is working well for me, so at least I can get some treasure that way. :)
177499lightofknowledge2.png
As far as I can see, not much has changed.

I'm still getting tons of errors and everything requires multiple refreshes to work. Which is pretty much how it has been for the past month or so.

500 Internal Server Error.
503 Service Unavailable.
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to flightrising.com.
No data received.
Flight Rising is under heavy load, please try again soon!

I'm also getting some random connection errors from a cloud server in Stockholm, and sometimes a page just never stops loading until I refresh it. And having to constantly refresh everything probably doesn't help reduce the server load.

I attempted to bond with my familiars today, but gave up after six hours; it's just taking too long. I'm also starting to run low on food, since I haven't been able to effectively farm the coliseum in a month or so.

Can't say that I'm surprised, though. This is what I expected, now that there's only one coder left. There's only so much one person can do in a day.
As far as I can see, not much has changed.

I'm still getting tons of errors and everything requires multiple refreshes to work. Which is pretty much how it has been for the past month or so.

500 Internal Server Error.
503 Service Unavailable.
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to flightrising.com.
No data received.
Flight Rising is under heavy load, please try again soon!

I'm also getting some random connection errors from a cloud server in Stockholm, and sometimes a page just never stops loading until I refresh it. And having to constantly refresh everything probably doesn't help reduce the server load.

I attempted to bond with my familiars today, but gave up after six hours; it's just taking too long. I'm also starting to run low on food, since I haven't been able to effectively farm the coliseum in a month or so.

Can't say that I'm surprised, though. This is what I expected, now that there's only one coder left. There's only so much one person can do in a day.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15