Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 100 101
me learning that not only do we get fish genes but all my favorite genes for this breed are treasure and not gem [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/496347532201295890/1131302248840970280/pogchamp.png[/img] I love these sandsharks...I will now begin the beard for gaolers campaign
me learning that not only do we get fish genes but all my favorite genes for this breed are treasure and not gem
pogchamp.png

I love these sandsharks...I will now begin the beard for gaolers campaign
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Wow, what a lucky time to join, haha :p These look fantastic! I can't wait until they start to hit the auction house, time to save up treasure for them!
Wow, what a lucky time to join, haha :p These look fantastic! I can't wait until they start to hit the auction house, time to save up treasure for them!
Oh my.

They're glorious.

I need more lair space.

Lots more lair space.
Oh my.

They're glorious.

I need more lair space.

Lots more lair space.
Check in with Ren
Boop the Snoot!
Tea with Gem
_______ The Seamount
_______ Snacks and Sweets
>augment

ROBODRAGONS
>augment

ROBODRAGONS
ROyFQqy.png
AAAAH this is so cool! Totally loving the new genes for them too!! [emoji=sandsurge star size=1]
AAAAH this is so cool! Totally loving the new genes for them too!!
"Pretty sure that normal is the weird you're used to..."
I really did not expect to like this breed since it was a gem one, and I felt the Veilspun were extremely disappointing when they released, so I was expecting similar. However this breed genuinely feels worth spending the $10 on. I didn't know what to expect, gene wise, but Augment and Chitin?

They're sooo good lol.

I wasn't sure if we'd get cybernetic gene or a bug gene, I thought it'd be cool if this breed could have Stormcatcher's mantis arms but also a gene that is quintessentially Lightning. I genuinely expected nothing so I'm very "finally some good food" here rn.

Sandsurge to me is what Veilspun should've been - an Ancient worth paying money for. Y'all went out with those genes and it shows!

Love this sandshark. I'll end this unnecessarily long-winded comment there.
I really did not expect to like this breed since it was a gem one, and I felt the Veilspun were extremely disappointing when they released, so I was expecting similar. However this breed genuinely feels worth spending the $10 on. I didn't know what to expect, gene wise, but Augment and Chitin?

They're sooo good lol.

I wasn't sure if we'd get cybernetic gene or a bug gene, I thought it'd be cool if this breed could have Stormcatcher's mantis arms but also a gene that is quintessentially Lightning. I genuinely expected nothing so I'm very "finally some good food" here rn.

Sandsurge to me is what Veilspun should've been - an Ancient worth paying money for. Y'all went out with those genes and it shows!

Love this sandshark. I'll end this unnecessarily long-winded comment there.
OHHHH THESE ARE WICKED COOL LETS GO!!!;
OHHHH THESE ARE WICKED COOL LETS GO!!!;
HglzBbg.png
ough they're beautiful. lovely design and a lovely variety of genes.
ough they're beautiful. lovely design and a lovely variety of genes.
Seeker Orb
rhae
any pronouns
fr +3
Really cool breed! I'm excited to get one whenever I can afford them (probably gonna snatch a pair from the AH when they become more affordable).

It is a lil sad that they are behind a paywall atm. I get that the FR staff needs a way to pay employees and maintain the website. However, I don't feel like gem breeds should be ancient breeds.

Ancient breeds are really limited, they can only breed within their own species, have limited gene pools (especially on release), cannot wear accessories and most of the time, skins can look odd when mixed with certain tertiary genes. They also all have the same breeding cooldown, so adding "rarity" to them feels really odd, when they all function the same.

With ancient breeds, putting them behind a paywall makes the users buy twice as much in order to get them ready to breed. Not including the fact you have to purchase twice as many gene scrolls for traits, cause changing the breed will remove all current traits from the dragon.

Yes, gems are easier to get on FR than other pet sites, but not every player is playing 24/7 and mainly only get the 1-5 gems from chests, the daily 1 gem, and selling dragons (IF they sell them for gems). I've been on FR for close to 7 years (I've had times where I lost interest) and I'd say I had like... close to 8k gems total in my account (this is a vague estimation).

I feel like if yall want to make gem breeds, stick to modern ones. They'd feel way more worth it due to not having the restrictions the ancient breeds have! We'd get to play with accessories and we'd even only have to get 1 gene scroll (and we'd also keep the traits iirc, never used a modern scroll) and even then, unless you'd breed with a coatl or wildclaw, you'd have 3% max per egg of getting the new breed, not including the super long breeding cooldowns. That would be one way to keep the gem breeds rarer.

Also, promising another dragon species later on the year that will be gameplay/treasure accessible rubs me the wrong way. That's too many dragon releases in one year to me and it feels like the newer breeds don't have time to be enjoyed before we get tossed a new one to play with. They're starting to feel less like new content and more like "here, now go play or else". We've had 8 species released in 4 years when before that there was a 3-year gap between new species (between bogsneak and gaolers). I'm not saying there should be a multi-year gap between species but more like, 1 "free" breed every year, with the occasional gem breed sprinkled through (and the gem breed wouldn't count for the 1 breed per year, it would be more as a bonus!)

Again, excited for the breed but a little disappointed with where the release schedule is headed. Having gem ancient breeds just feel like a middle finger (/nm) for free-to-play players, since you have to get everything twice just to breed them. Not saying I'm against gem breeds, but just keep them to modern dragons, cause that way they'd feel much more rewarding for free-to-play players (who would still have to wait/save for them on release) while allowing paid members to snatch them and start production right away!

Love the designs, I'm still excited to see what other breeds yall have cooking in the the background!
Really cool breed! I'm excited to get one whenever I can afford them (probably gonna snatch a pair from the AH when they become more affordable).

It is a lil sad that they are behind a paywall atm. I get that the FR staff needs a way to pay employees and maintain the website. However, I don't feel like gem breeds should be ancient breeds.

Ancient breeds are really limited, they can only breed within their own species, have limited gene pools (especially on release), cannot wear accessories and most of the time, skins can look odd when mixed with certain tertiary genes. They also all have the same breeding cooldown, so adding "rarity" to them feels really odd, when they all function the same.

With ancient breeds, putting them behind a paywall makes the users buy twice as much in order to get them ready to breed. Not including the fact you have to purchase twice as many gene scrolls for traits, cause changing the breed will remove all current traits from the dragon.

Yes, gems are easier to get on FR than other pet sites, but not every player is playing 24/7 and mainly only get the 1-5 gems from chests, the daily 1 gem, and selling dragons (IF they sell them for gems). I've been on FR for close to 7 years (I've had times where I lost interest) and I'd say I had like... close to 8k gems total in my account (this is a vague estimation).

I feel like if yall want to make gem breeds, stick to modern ones. They'd feel way more worth it due to not having the restrictions the ancient breeds have! We'd get to play with accessories and we'd even only have to get 1 gene scroll (and we'd also keep the traits iirc, never used a modern scroll) and even then, unless you'd breed with a coatl or wildclaw, you'd have 3% max per egg of getting the new breed, not including the super long breeding cooldowns. That would be one way to keep the gem breeds rarer.

Also, promising another dragon species later on the year that will be gameplay/treasure accessible rubs me the wrong way. That's too many dragon releases in one year to me and it feels like the newer breeds don't have time to be enjoyed before we get tossed a new one to play with. They're starting to feel less like new content and more like "here, now go play or else". We've had 8 species released in 4 years when before that there was a 3-year gap between new species (between bogsneak and gaolers). I'm not saying there should be a multi-year gap between species but more like, 1 "free" breed every year, with the occasional gem breed sprinkled through (and the gem breed wouldn't count for the 1 breed per year, it would be more as a bonus!)

Again, excited for the breed but a little disappointed with where the release schedule is headed. Having gem ancient breeds just feel like a middle finger (/nm) for free-to-play players, since you have to get everything twice just to breed them. Not saying I'm against gem breeds, but just keep them to modern dragons, cause that way they'd feel much more rewarding for free-to-play players (who would still have to wait/save for them on release) while allowing paid members to snatch them and start production right away!

Love the designs, I'm still excited to see what other breeds yall have cooking in the the background!
so yesterday i was like "im gonna scry some dudes and maybe work towards a pair over the next month" then today i scried some auction house dragons and oop my hand slipped now i got a breeding pair for tomorrow [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87264465][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/872645/87264465_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83304805][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/833049/83304805_350.png[/img][/url] ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3256985#post_3256985]more info / get pinged for hatchies here[/url]) i am like completely out of currency now but i cant wait to buy more from other people once i save back up!!!
so yesterday i was like "im gonna scry some dudes and maybe work towards a pair over the next month"

then today i scried some auction house dragons and oop my hand slipped now i got a breeding pair for tomorrow

87264465_350.png
83304805_350.png

(more info / get pinged for hatchies here)

i am like completely out of currency now but i cant wait to buy more from other people once i save back up!!!
82346754.pngnr-100.png94499341.png
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 100 101