Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Refactors Keep Rollin'
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 40 41
Thank you so much for informing us about Arlo and updating the spread of resources!
Thank you so much for informing us about Arlo and updating the spread of resources!
Y02PS6v.png
[quote name="Raidye" date="2022-03-09 10:26:11" ] +1 to preferring recent posts to be above friends, I go to my profile a ton to get back to threads I've recently posted in - would be a hassle to always need to scroll to get there [/quote] yep
Raidye wrote on 2022-03-09 10:26:11:
+1 to preferring recent posts to be above friends, I go to my profile a ton to get back to threads I've recently posted in - would be a hassle to always need to scroll to get there
yep
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Crim has always and will always continue to be the scariest NPC dragon on FR. You can't change my mind, her uncanny excitement for the measliest of things [i]haunts me[/i]. Not sure how I feel about the upcoming clan profile changes, it'll probably just take some getting used to much like the dragon profiles. I agree with the following post though: [quote name="Valrunie" date="2022-03-09 10:12:54" ] while I am excited for profile revamp, seeing this is uhhhh not really? idk it doesn't sit with me at all, I feel like there is too much going on? there is so many separated boxes compared to curent look, BUT BUT BUTTTTTTTTT I really like putting clan activity by side, rather than immidiately under bio [/quote] Would love for the final version to not look so boxy and cluttered, and while I'm excited for a bigger bio box I wonder how much that'll mess with the layouts people have already crafted and I also hope the scroll bar isn't a forced thing - scrollbars really break the aesthetic of some things.
Crim has always and will always continue to be the scariest NPC dragon on FR.
You can't change my mind, her uncanny excitement for the measliest of things haunts me.

Not sure how I feel about the upcoming clan profile changes, it'll probably just take some getting used to much like the dragon profiles.
I agree with the following post though:
Valrunie wrote on 2022-03-09 10:12:54:
while I am excited for profile revamp, seeing this is uhhhh not really? idk it doesn't sit with me at all, I feel like there is too much going on? there is so many separated boxes compared to curent look, BUT BUT BUTTTTTTTTT
I really like putting clan activity by side, rather than immidiately under bio
Would love for the final version to not look so boxy and cluttered, and while I'm excited for a bigger bio box I wonder how much that'll mess with the layouts people have already crafted and I also hope the scroll bar isn't a forced thing - scrollbars really break the aesthetic of some things.
q71Kifl.png o_o
maocifer || 227254

sack of meat haphazardly
controlled by dumdum goblin
brain ... with a wishlist
Crim looks nice, kinda iffy about the new lair page, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Crim looks nice, kinda iffy about the new lair page, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Feed please?
?wkGqN=party_oras.png ?q4yND=party_oras.png
The art on Crim looks so good! She has a lot more personality and life to her in the updated style :) can't wait to see how things progress with the refactor!
The art on Crim looks so good! She has a lot more personality and life to her in the updated style :) can't wait to see how things progress with the refactor!
[quote name="batfossil" date="2022-03-09 10:29:27" ] clan profile is really clunky, hope it doesn’t look like that when it’s released, the comments taking up 90% of the page vs the actual profile itself is distracting. I also think clan activity should go under forum activity, since that’s used significantly more often for most people, anyways [/quote] I agree with this! The mockup of the new version has other page elements really fighting with the comments for space, and feels overburdened with them. Even just being able to set how many comments you want displayed at a time would help a lot I think! Overall though, I'm liking where stuff is going! It's nice to see different parts of the site being brought together stylistically, so things don't appear odd or outdated. I am especially pleased with the changes to Arlo, though... My days of getting a singular pickaxe are over!
batfossil wrote on 2022-03-09 10:29:27:
clan profile is really clunky, hope it doesn’t look like that when it’s released, the comments taking up 90% of the page vs the actual profile itself is distracting. I also think clan activity should go under forum activity, since that’s used significantly more often for most people, anyways

I agree with this! The mockup of the new version has other page elements really fighting with the comments for space, and feels overburdened with them. Even just being able to set how many comments you want displayed at a time would help a lot I think!

Overall though, I'm liking where stuff is going! It's nice to see different parts of the site being brought together stylistically, so things don't appear odd or outdated. I am especially pleased with the changes to Arlo, though... My days of getting a singular pickaxe are over!
Call me Ori!
+3 FR Time

ePOliyb.png
KwxLkEj.png
7vhtsnW.png
nnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I went to Crim's Collection before seeing this and the new Crim almost gave me a heart attack.
I went to Crim's Collection before seeing this and the new Crim almost gave me a heart attack.
Mirror and Snapper, Bogsneak, and Shadow support forever! Spread the word! These guys need some love!

ztD2Y.gif 1eq0y.gif 4jIyH.gif Q43kQ.gif csh9s.gif JhlaC.gif erXP1.gif EZRIP.gif
Mirror and Snapper, Bogsneak, and Shadow support forever! Spread the word! These guys need some love!

ztD2Y.gif 1eq0y.gif 4jIyH.gif Q43kQ.gif csh9s.gif JhlaC.gif erXP1.gif EZRIP.gif
oh wow, crim looks great and i LOVE the new profile interface! very excited for that! thanks guys for letting us have a look at the state of your work!! :)
oh wow, crim looks great and i LOVE the new profile interface! very excited for that! thanks guys for letting us have a look at the state of your work!! :)
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
I'm loving the way the plans for the new profile layout are looking! I like how it is now but always felt that the space where we get to talk about our lair is a bit... cramped? It's also harder to appreciate coding and layouts that other users have implemented when you can only see a snippet of it at a time as you scroll down. That bigger window makes me so happy, as I imagine it will for plenty of people who-- like myself-- can't shut up about our lore dergs :"D

I also appreciate the transparency over how Arlo's activity works as well as the site's goals in general. I'm genuinely thankful that the staff can be so patient and understanding even when we can get a bit gripey, lol.
I'm loving the way the plans for the new profile layout are looking! I like how it is now but always felt that the space where we get to talk about our lair is a bit... cramped? It's also harder to appreciate coding and layouts that other users have implemented when you can only see a snippet of it at a time as you scroll down. That bigger window makes me so happy, as I imagine it will for plenty of people who-- like myself-- can't shut up about our lore dergs :"D

I also appreciate the transparency over how Arlo's activity works as well as the site's goals in general. I'm genuinely thankful that the staff can be so patient and understanding even when we can get a bit gripey, lol.
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 40 41