Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 115 116
This is super exciting!!!
This is super exciting!!!
I absolutely love this addition and love the theme of the first site! Fantastic job, what an awesome feature!
I absolutely love this addition and love the theme of the first site! Fantastic job, what an awesome feature!
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
Oh boy!!!
Oh boy!!!
xMxPx78.png
YEAH WHOO IM SO EXCITED OMA
YEAH WHOO IM SO EXCITED OMA
bHeX9bv.png
[quote name="@Amoeba" date="2022-02-07 11:08:13" ] Im being super pedantic but dinosaurs are paleontology, not archaeology That said. Who cares. Dinosaurs. finally. [/quote] No no you are 100% correct and you should say it, but I do believe this has something to do with the general gist of digging. Arlo's Trading Post activity on its own will most likely later have very different themes and we might have some cool proper archaeological sites to dig. "Thunder Lizards" is just one of the "dig packs", I guess. ----- also holy frick, I am foaming at my mouth, these genes are so good [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=88&breed=9&element=4&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=55&tertgene=8&winggene=1&wings=30&auth=f8fbd13f04efdcb9dfc567111c4009618eadc914&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [quote name="@Desnik" date="2022-02-07 10:45:23" ] [quote name="Mintshakes" date="2022-02-07 10:35:59" ] me, a real life archaeologist crying with gritted teeth: yes....dinosaurs are so. so cool. love 'em. but unless they made pottery i can not help you with those big ole bones. that's a paleontologist [/quote] To a dragon, I imagine that paleontology is basically archaeology lol [/quote] This.... is a fascinating way to put it but, unfortunately, these creatures do not seem to be related, be it due to the clear different numbers of arms (dragons have 4 arms, these "dinosaurs" have 2 OR, if you're following the magic lore, then they're completely unrelated if they were created by the gods). So "palaeontology" is just the "study of ancient creatures" which predate modern Draconic or human civilisation. Archaeology would be the "study of ancient history" which would specifically study the recorded history of dragons or humans while anthropology (study of humans) and dracology (study of dragons) would be cultural and genetic studies of humans and dragons, respectively. BUT I get that Arlo's activity is just labeled "archaeology" and I still like your input very much because it's interesting to think about what history looks like to Dragonkind irl. Edit: OH! One more thing: I think "archaeology" in its literal form when translated is basically "study of ancient things" so maybe it's more like an umbrella term in Draconic society.
@Amoeba wrote on 2022-02-07 11:08:13:
Im being super pedantic but dinosaurs are paleontology, not archaeology

That said. Who cares. Dinosaurs. finally.

No no you are 100% correct and you should say it, but I do believe this has something to do with the general gist of digging. Arlo's Trading Post activity on its own will most likely later have very different themes and we might have some cool proper archaeological sites to dig. "Thunder Lizards" is just one of the "dig packs", I guess.

also holy frick, I am foaming at my mouth, these genes are so good

dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=88&breed=9&element=4&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=55&tertgene=8&winggene=1&wings=30&auth=f8fbd13f04efdcb9dfc567111c4009618eadc914&dummyext=prev.png
@Desnik wrote on 2022-02-07 10:45:23:
Mintshakes wrote on 2022-02-07 10:35:59:
me, a real life archaeologist crying with gritted teeth: yes....dinosaurs are so. so cool. love 'em. but unless they made pottery i can not help you with those big ole bones. that's a paleontologist

To a dragon, I imagine that paleontology is basically archaeology lol

This.... is a fascinating way to put it but, unfortunately, these creatures do not seem to be related, be it due to the clear different numbers of arms (dragons have 4 arms, these "dinosaurs" have 2 OR, if you're following the magic lore, then they're completely unrelated if they were created by the gods). So "palaeontology" is just the "study of ancient creatures" which predate modern Draconic or human civilisation. Archaeology would be the "study of ancient history" which would specifically study the recorded history of dragons or humans while anthropology (study of humans) and dracology (study of dragons) would be cultural and genetic studies of humans and dragons, respectively.

BUT I get that Arlo's activity is just labeled "archaeology" and I still like your input very much because it's interesting to think about what history looks like to Dragonkind irl.

Edit: OH! One more thing: I think "archaeology" in its literal form when translated is basically "study of ancient things" so maybe it's more like an umbrella term in Draconic society.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
YESSSSSSSS
YESSSSSSSS
Marvelous!
Marvelous!
implodes from amazing update and contents
implodes from amazing update and contents
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
[quote name="Aoji" date="2022-02-07 07:40:27" ] Oh my. i want to know his exact colors D: someone has to find out which genes/colors he has. [/quote] Looks to me like he's Tiger Slate / Algae Blend. Possibly with rare Wind eyes. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=53&bodygene=2&breed=15&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=42&wings=153&auth=ab18e2cfc479a13518ff069c4aac811a23a2fc39&dummyext=prev.png[/img] May the Arlo cloning commence. :P
Aoji wrote on 2022-02-07 07:40:27:
Oh my. i want to know his exact colors D: someone has to find out which genes/colors he has.

Looks to me like he's Tiger Slate / Algae Blend. Possibly with rare Wind eyes.

dragon?age=1&body=53&bodygene=2&breed=15&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=42&wings=153&auth=ab18e2cfc479a13518ff069c4aac811a23a2fc39&dummyext=prev.png

May the Arlo cloning commence. :P
TngcDHe.png
this all looks so exciting! And I was NOT expecting new genes!!!
I'm loving this so far, thank you staff
this all looks so exciting! And I was NOT expecting new genes!!!
I'm loving this so far, thank you staff
78150769_mzjTR2KLyJusSDb.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 115 116