Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 144 145 146 147 148 ... 212 213
Definitely have my opinions on things, and I think that there are some QoL changes that the apparel portion specifically could benefit from (like putting it in a box, or swapping its place with physical stats, or centering it, or just removing the dotted outline/giving us an option to toggle it). But overall I'm pretty satisfied with this and I'm excited to see what comes out of the future!
Definitely have my opinions on things, and I think that there are some QoL changes that the apparel portion specifically could benefit from (like putting it in a box, or swapping its place with physical stats, or centering it, or just removing the dotted outline/giving us an option to toggle it). But overall I'm pretty satisfied with this and I'm excited to see what comes out of the future!
[ piper || on fr time || They/She ]
nkHobD3.png
any chance of maybe an account settings option to turn this off?
maybe an option to hide/minimize the widgets without hiding the written description box? wording on the description of "scene" mode sort of brings that to mind, though i might have interpreted it wrong.
any chance of maybe an account settings option to turn this off?
maybe an option to hide/minimize the widgets without hiding the written description box? wording on the description of "scene" mode sort of brings that to mind, though i might have interpreted it wrong.
Holy yes! This has got to be the best update so far ya'll've made. It was so difficult to tell what familiars were awakened and what weren't. Thank you so much for this overhaul.
Holy yes! This has got to be the best update so far ya'll've made. It was so difficult to tell what familiars were awakened and what weren't. Thank you so much for this overhaul.
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2020-06-08 13:37:46" ] Just click on feed and then click one of the food icons in the bottom row. It's selectively feeding by type of food. And now you can feed a single dragon. We still can't select custom groups of dragons to feed though. [/quote] thank you :) I found something in the settings, where you can choose selctive feeding and was able to feed my dragons meat. So it seems you can at least feed the food you want and the dragons being able to eat it, take it?
Firtarian wrote on 2020-06-08 13:37:46:

Just click on feed and then click one of the food icons in the bottom row. It's selectively feeding by type of food. And now you can feed a single dragon. We still can't select custom groups of dragons to feed though.

thank you :)
I found something in the settings, where you can choose selctive feeding and was able to feed my dragons meat. So it seems you can at least feed the food you want and the dragons being able to eat it, take it?
1SZnOCK.png9ZEx0Ta.pngHTV627h.gif
Not only do the profile pages look like they're permanently stuck in edit mode, the dragon is no longer the focus of the page. It's gone from "Big picture of dragon + largeish but visually unobtrusive text box to the right (so it's made even more unobtrusive since the site is meant to be read left to right)" to "three large elements being given similar weight across the page, with the dragon existing to no particular prominence in the middle." I'm on the dragon page for the dragon, not all of the optional extra tat that I can scroll down to if I get curious later.
Not only do the profile pages look like they're permanently stuck in edit mode, the dragon is no longer the focus of the page. It's gone from "Big picture of dragon + largeish but visually unobtrusive text box to the right (so it's made even more unobtrusive since the site is meant to be read left to right)" to "three large elements being given similar weight across the page, with the dragon existing to no particular prominence in the middle." I'm on the dragon page for the dragon, not all of the optional extra tat that I can scroll down to if I get curious later.
shadowh4.png
I love most of the update. I do agree that the apparel box being where it is makes the dragon view look like its in edit mode, I don't like seeing the work stuff up front. I just want the dragon info.

Thanks for the hard work. Having people expecting you to manage their anxieties and diagnoses and identities via a game must be exhausting and I appreciate that you haven't shuttered the game after each update and the subsequent caterwauling.
I love most of the update. I do agree that the apparel box being where it is makes the dragon view look like its in edit mode, I don't like seeing the work stuff up front. I just want the dragon info.

Thanks for the hard work. Having people expecting you to manage their anxieties and diagnoses and identities via a game must be exhausting and I appreciate that you haven't shuttered the game after each update and the subsequent caterwauling.
pUaAvHp.pngKNAvkWg.pngbQXuoer.pngtRvToEi.gif67zHSWd.png6CDnDt4.png
There are positive and negative thing of the update.

(p) To get a picture of your dragon together with familar and background the familar is well placed now. Also if the familar and dragon design fit well.
(n) If not and a familar is used for bonding only, it doesn't look very well.

(p) the button you can go to scry the dragon very easily
(p) feed only one dragon

(n) The place of apparel and physical info and linage as well. They should switch their places.
Physical info should switch to the place of apparel.
Linage to the place if physical info.
Apparel. to the place of Linage.

(p/n)I'm not sure if I like the new design. Some things are good, but looking at the dragon's profile it feels like if there is only a bunch of information

(p/n) The new background of the profile.
For some dragons it's nice to see the element background. But to be true most of the time it's a thorn in my side.

I think you tried to make the new design clear and tidy, but the thing >background< and >apparel< makes it look orderless and makes it uncomfortable to look at the dragon's profile.

But it's good to see you try to work of this side even after 7 years! Stay tuned :)
There are positive and negative thing of the update.

(p) To get a picture of your dragon together with familar and background the familar is well placed now. Also if the familar and dragon design fit well.
(n) If not and a familar is used for bonding only, it doesn't look very well.

(p) the button you can go to scry the dragon very easily
(p) feed only one dragon

(n) The place of apparel and physical info and linage as well. They should switch their places.
Physical info should switch to the place of apparel.
Linage to the place if physical info.
Apparel. to the place of Linage.

(p/n)I'm not sure if I like the new design. Some things are good, but looking at the dragon's profile it feels like if there is only a bunch of information

(p/n) The new background of the profile.
For some dragons it's nice to see the element background. But to be true most of the time it's a thorn in my side.

I think you tried to make the new design clear and tidy, but the thing >background< and >apparel< makes it look orderless and makes it uncomfortable to look at the dragon's profile.

But it's good to see you try to work of this side even after 7 years! Stay tuned :)
oSaCDzd.png

WELL I'M OFF TO BUY SCENES. GOODBYE.

WELL I'M OFF TO BUY SCENES. GOODBYE.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Definitely agree with a lot of the critique mentioned in the thread, especially in regards to the placement of apparel vs the dragon's physical info, but even so this is definitely one of the best updates, and I absolutely appreciate all the team's great work!! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Definitely agree with a lot of the critique mentioned in the thread, especially in regards to the placement of apparel vs the dragon's physical info, but even so this is definitely one of the best updates, and I absolutely appreciate all the team's great work!!
18537284.pngS_and_A_store_button_new.pngGlowshroom_hatchery_button.pngsignature_addon.png
art auto-fits in dragon bios now this is the greatest
art auto-fits in dragon bios now this is the greatest
92280712.png90501452.png82942286.png83686183.png89796725.png
1 2 ... 144 145 146 147 148 ... 212 213