Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 212 213
@Kaepora

Can you guys please fix it so when you exalt a dragon it takes you back to the tab you were in? Like it used to :)
@Kaepora

Can you guys please fix it so when you exalt a dragon it takes you back to the tab you were in? Like it used to :)
Welp. Not to retract my previous comment too early, but . . .

The pages load much more slowly now. I used to be able to get through interactions very quickly by tabbing with my arrows, having my mouse positioned over the bond button, and then entering to interact and just kept flying through pages like that. Loading times are longer and you can no longer enter to interact with pop up windows so . . . that's . . . great.

Also, I'm seeing more people put into words how weird it is seeing the windows and buttons clogging up the screen around the dragon. It does take up a lot of space and just feels like I'm permanently in an edit mode and that does mess with my anxiety. Turns out the vistas aren't compatible at all with how I designed my bios so . . . that's either going to take more editing on me for every dragon's bio or I'm just not going to use the feature. Kind of disappointing.

I think this is the only update I've even remotely disliked on FR, and unfortunately I'm going to see it front and center every day. . . OTL
Welp. Not to retract my previous comment too early, but . . .

The pages load much more slowly now. I used to be able to get through interactions very quickly by tabbing with my arrows, having my mouse positioned over the bond button, and then entering to interact and just kept flying through pages like that. Loading times are longer and you can no longer enter to interact with pop up windows so . . . that's . . . great.

Also, I'm seeing more people put into words how weird it is seeing the windows and buttons clogging up the screen around the dragon. It does take up a lot of space and just feels like I'm permanently in an edit mode and that does mess with my anxiety. Turns out the vistas aren't compatible at all with how I designed my bios so . . . that's either going to take more editing on me for every dragon's bio or I'm just not going to use the feature. Kind of disappointing.

I think this is the only update I've even remotely disliked on FR, and unfortunately I'm going to see it front and center every day. . . OTL
841EblB.gif
Happy 7th anniversary! It's amazing how far Flight Rising has come from day one, through so many happenings and features. Here's to many more! also thank you staff for my LIFE: [item=scene: starksand dunes] [s]Do ashfall volcanoes or black sand deserts next please i will cry[/s]
Happy 7th anniversary! It's amazing how far Flight Rising has come from day one, through so many happenings and features. Here's to many more!

also thank you staff for my LIFE:
Scene: Starksand Dunes

Do ashfall volcanoes or black sand deserts next please i will cry
UL8LHAi.png
A N . I N J U R Y . T O . O N E
art shop | hatchery | theme song
I S . A N . I N J U R Y . T O . A L L
YESSSS!!! finally we can name familiars! and the scenes are amazing!
One thing you could maybe add is a place where you can view all the dragons you've liked, that would be handy
YESSSS!!! finally we can name familiars! and the scenes are amazing!
One thing you could maybe add is a place where you can view all the dragons you've liked, that would be handy
[quote name="Hiriajuu" date="2020-06-08 13:19:27" ] [quote name="FlamingCatz" date="2020-06-08 12:52:48" ] [quote name="ArchangelBeth" date="2020-06-08 12:33:48" ] [quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-08 06:59:08" ] last edit, finally: Devs, if you've been seeing, the forums are astirr. So are the discord servers. User Celeana did a wonderful job creating a profile mockup [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2870775/1#post_43579784]here[/url] that perfectly fixes the apparel problem, as well as redistributing the bottom row so that it isn't such a drastic departure from the past layout that many of us loved. [/quote] Yes, please, this. That's a mockup I can live with. The current status is... I mean, as said -- you can [i]see[/i] what a dragon is wearing. The apparel does not need to be up there lookin' ugly with empty boxes. [/quote] I agree! I like, love, or can live with most of the changes but hate those apparel boxes front and center cluttering up my screen. They are so ugly and distracting. Love the mock up posted above though. I find the layout in it much more visually appealing and less cluttered feeling. Also could we have two back buttons for the customization pages in case we want to go back to the menu page instead of all the way back to the dragon's profile? [/quote] This, yes. I'm still iffy abt the whole thing and think the old one was way cleaner and more polished, but if we gotta get used to the new one, I'd much rather get used to this version above. [/quote] Tbh, I can see the mockup as the real thing. It makes so much sense.
Hiriajuu wrote on 2020-06-08 13:19:27:
FlamingCatz wrote on 2020-06-08 12:52:48:
ArchangelBeth wrote on 2020-06-08 12:33:48:
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-08 06:59:08:
last edit, finally:
Devs, if you've been seeing, the forums are astirr. So are the discord servers. User Celeana did a wonderful job creating a profile mockup here that perfectly fixes the apparel problem, as well as redistributing the bottom row so that it isn't such a drastic departure from the past layout that many of us loved.

Yes, please, this. That's a mockup I can live with. The current status is... I mean, as said -- you can see what a dragon is wearing. The apparel does not need to be up there lookin' ugly with empty boxes.

I agree! I like, love, or can live with most of the changes but hate those apparel boxes front and center cluttering up my screen. They are so ugly and distracting. Love the mock up posted above though. I find the layout in it much more visually appealing and less cluttered feeling. Also could we have two back buttons for the customization pages in case we want to go back to the menu page instead of all the way back to the dragon's profile?

This, yes. I'm still iffy abt the whole thing and think the old one was way cleaner and more polished, but if we gotta get used to the new one, I'd much rather get used to this version above.
Tbh, I can see the mockup as the real thing. It makes so much sense.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
I'm so hyped for all this new stuff!! Thank you FR staff, and a big happy anniversary to the site! [emoji=banescale happy size=1]
I'm so hyped for all this new stuff!! Thank you FR staff, and a big happy anniversary to the site!
bHeX9bv.png
I'm liking the new scenes, actual dragon likes (instead of facebook likes) and am not completely put off by the new design though I do have my problems with it. Firstly, however, I'm not liking that some of the scenes are gated off to paying members of the community (and what a surprise, they're of the three most popular flights. e_e) I know 200g isn't a lot to some and many people have it already (or can generate it easily from iron/gilded chests) but it still comes off as sleazy and money grabbing to me. I would've preferred had the gem scenes been their own thing entirely, rather than being based off flights as these will be necessary for lore followers (which is exactly the point, I know.)

I also have to agree with @Amayai's comment about the dragon info placement. It belongs next to the dragon it's about, not down below where no one can immediately see. Honestly, apparel has always been tertiary in level's of importance with skins being secondary (imo.) I don't think they should be next to the dragon and I don't understand this was changed. Was there a push for apparel to have more prominence? If not, why do it at all?

I also like the profile mockups people have generated here in order to fix these issues but if I may add my own two cents: make dragon profiles completely customizable.

I see no reason why the public can't decide what's actually important and what they want to see first on a dragon's page. Having draggable widgets in the customize menu would fix this instantly. Also, if you're going to do changes like this, it might be a good idea to have a beta period where members can either pay or be randomly selected to try out a new feature and give crucial feedback before it's finalized as a lot of your recent ideas have been met with a lot of pushback and anger in recent months.
I'm liking the new scenes, actual dragon likes (instead of facebook likes) and am not completely put off by the new design though I do have my problems with it. Firstly, however, I'm not liking that some of the scenes are gated off to paying members of the community (and what a surprise, they're of the three most popular flights. e_e) I know 200g isn't a lot to some and many people have it already (or can generate it easily from iron/gilded chests) but it still comes off as sleazy and money grabbing to me. I would've preferred had the gem scenes been their own thing entirely, rather than being based off flights as these will be necessary for lore followers (which is exactly the point, I know.)

I also have to agree with @Amayai's comment about the dragon info placement. It belongs next to the dragon it's about, not down below where no one can immediately see. Honestly, apparel has always been tertiary in level's of importance with skins being secondary (imo.) I don't think they should be next to the dragon and I don't understand this was changed. Was there a push for apparel to have more prominence? If not, why do it at all?

I also like the profile mockups people have generated here in order to fix these issues but if I may add my own two cents: make dragon profiles completely customizable.

I see no reason why the public can't decide what's actually important and what they want to see first on a dragon's page. Having draggable widgets in the customize menu would fix this instantly. Also, if you're going to do changes like this, it might be a good idea to have a beta period where members can either pay or be randomly selected to try out a new feature and give crucial feedback before it's finalized as a lot of your recent ideas have been met with a lot of pushback and anger in recent months.
mlNVeHM.jpg
I love this update! I bet we'll be getting scenes for the 2020-2021 elemental holidays. [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]
I love this update! I bet we'll be getting scenes for the 2020-2021 elemental holidays.
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE!
zQBvWE4.png
Dear FR Staff...

I have been here a long time, but not since the beginning. - no Light Sprite - :(
Your site has always offered me entertainment, but more importantly, a relaxing respite from real life. I want to thank you sincerely for the many hours of peace and relaxation you have provided. Looking over the past year's accomplishments, I can't believe how much as gone on! (there are some updates I missed, even!)

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!
Dear FR Staff...

I have been here a long time, but not since the beginning. - no Light Sprite - :(
Your site has always offered me entertainment, but more importantly, a relaxing respite from real life. I want to thank you sincerely for the many hours of peace and relaxation you have provided. Looking over the past year's accomplishments, I can't believe how much as gone on! (there are some updates I missed, even!)

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!
PyeohlG.png
1 2 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 212 213