Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Keel: A New Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
can someone point out where any of the people critiquing this gene has been outright rude because im just not seeing it. All i've seen is genuine concern and valid criticism. Im actually seeing more asinine behavior from people DEFENDING the gene...
can someone point out where any of the people critiquing this gene has been outright rude because im just not seeing it. All i've seen is genuine concern and valid criticism. Im actually seeing more asinine behavior from people DEFENDING the gene...
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
Yeah, they look like shards of glass sticking in the poor dragon to me. Not keel scales. A lot of people are saying they don't look like keel scales either.

Sorry, it's criticism. Just not criticism you like!
Yeah, they look like shards of glass sticking in the poor dragon to me. Not keel scales. A lot of people are saying they don't look like keel scales either.

Sorry, it's criticism. Just not criticism you like!
LUZk8tY.png
well, get used to the gene, because it's here to stay :)
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
case in point i guess
case in point i guess
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
[quote name="umbrishadow" date="2020-04-10 18:12:53" ] well, get used to the gene, because it's here to stay :) [/quote] people r still allowed to criticize the [s]toenails[/s] gene, we all know it's here to stay. let's not silence people for not liking this gene and wishing for better ones in the future.
umbrishadow wrote on 2020-04-10 18:12:53:
people r still allowed to criticize the toenails gene, we all know it's here to stay. let's not silence people for not liking this gene and wishing for better ones in the future.
I'm gonna put it on my earth rep, because she's gonna look lovely with it! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=143&bodygene=14&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=53&winggene=6&wings=143&auth=e60f0af1c6df851483451ec07567973cd9d43ba4&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I'm gonna put it on my earth rep, because she's gonna look lovely with it!

dragon?age=1&body=143&bodygene=14&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=53&winggene=6&wings=143&auth=e60f0af1c6df851483451ec07567973cd9d43ba4&dummyext=prev.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Quote:
"they look like toenails"
"they look like ticks"
"it looks lazy"

these aren't criticisms they're insulting the artist's work but go off I guess

you right, thats not criticism, its fact. they look like toenails.
the gene looks lazy, people are allowed to express their thoughts about it
Quote:
"they look like toenails"
"they look like ticks"
"it looks lazy"

these aren't criticisms they're insulting the artist's work but go off I guess

you right, thats not criticism, its fact. they look like toenails.
the gene looks lazy, people are allowed to express their thoughts about it
dcprkry-6f227d16-78cf-4c0b-a85b-c510e6411384.png
skek | they/them | 24
the ghost with the most
tumblr_inline_psj27ukX3O1tc3swm_75sq.png
x
dcprhsf-50b03a4f-3549-4ad5-bcb0-35bf6e5b050d.png
Damn, got me there.

Anyways. I personally don't see myself ever using this gene. I'm still allowed my criticisms regardless :)
Damn, got me there.

Anyways. I personally don't see myself ever using this gene. I'm still allowed my criticisms regardless :)
LUZk8tY.png
ok here are my two cents of this whole debacle:

keel has its uses. It can look pretty neat with the right circumstances (I actually do enjoy that rose dragon scry earlier in the thread) However, it appears hastily made and haphazard. I feel like it could be improved (I'm very much a fan of houseteeth's mock-up!), but changes as drastic as what I'm thinking of surpass the severity of changes even seen with Jupiter and Saturn's release.

and to the people who are saying that "this looks like toe clippings" is not criticism. It is criticism, just not constructive criticism. Please recognize that.
ok here are my two cents of this whole debacle:

keel has its uses. It can look pretty neat with the right circumstances (I actually do enjoy that rose dragon scry earlier in the thread) However, it appears hastily made and haphazard. I feel like it could be improved (I'm very much a fan of houseteeth's mock-up!), but changes as drastic as what I'm thinking of surpass the severity of changes even seen with Jupiter and Saturn's release.

and to the people who are saying that "this looks like toe clippings" is not criticism. It is criticism, just not constructive criticism. Please recognize that.
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
@Laluzi @Gurrero

But what neither of you are taking into account is:

1. This is the way the artist/s wanted it to look
2. This is the name the site wanted it to have

Regardless of anyone’s opinion of whether or not the gene looks like natural scales, is being used like natural scales, resembles actual keel scales etc.

And most importantly, you are not taking into consideration that people DO actually like this gene, as is, and are using it, and would be really angry if it changed AFTER they brewed/bought the genes and changed their dragons.

And I think the opinion of THOSE people >>>>> the opinion of the CHANGE IT!1!! people, every single time.
@Laluzi @Gurrero

But what neither of you are taking into account is:

1. This is the way the artist/s wanted it to look
2. This is the name the site wanted it to have

Regardless of anyone’s opinion of whether or not the gene looks like natural scales, is being used like natural scales, resembles actual keel scales etc.

And most importantly, you are not taking into consideration that people DO actually like this gene, as is, and are using it, and would be really angry if it changed AFTER they brewed/bought the genes and changed their dragons.

And I think the opinion of THOSE people >>>>> the opinion of the CHANGE IT!1!! people, every single time.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82