Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Shrouded in Celestial Silk
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
[i]As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm open to selling the Starsilks for Marketplace price via private auction, CR, or PM (whichever is preferred).[/i] [emoji=snowflake size=1] Edit: I just spotted the Moondust Starsilks bundle (5 were remaining at the time I saw them) in the Marketplace, and fortunately, I had enough money to buy a set. [emoji=coatl happy size=1] Unfortunately, after I went to my vault to take out more money to buy another set (to sell later), the bundle sold out. [emoji=fae sad size=1] I also checked the AH prices for the bundle, and they (the lowest AH prices) have dropped really close to the Marketplace price compared to the first few weeks after the Starsilk sets were released. The prices of other bundles and the individual items should be close to the original Marketplace price. [i]Waiting, even for a month, doesn't hurt. AH prices drop and the items appear more often, since mostly everyone who wants one already got one during the first month. This applies to many of the new apparel releases.[/i]
As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm open to selling the Starsilks for Marketplace price via private auction, CR, or PM (whichever is preferred).

Edit: I just spotted the Moondust Starsilks bundle (5 were remaining at the time I saw them) in the Marketplace, and fortunately, I had enough money to buy a set. Unfortunately, after I went to my vault to take out more money to buy another set (to sell later), the bundle sold out.

I also checked the AH prices for the bundle, and they (the lowest AH prices) have dropped really close to the Marketplace price compared to the first few weeks after the Starsilk sets were released. The prices of other bundles and the individual items should be close to the original Marketplace price. Waiting, even for a month, doesn't hurt. AH prices drop and the items appear more often, since mostly everyone who wants one already got one during the first month. This applies to many of the new apparel releases.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
I just watched a moondust bundle sit in the marketplace for a minute and a half, so really: we're getting there. Patience.

Are people making sure to check the marketplace only when it refreshes? It only has a chance to do so every five minutes on the dot. If you're not sure how your computer's time lines up to that, you can check the time remaining at Swipp's Swap Stand. It's a handy countdown to every xx5.00 and xx0.00.

It's not a matter of sitting and sniping the marketplace - it's just when you remember to and there's less than a minute left until the tick. Crouching there all day is boring and frustrating. As somebody who does flip for profit (but before I get crucified, I've been lazy this go-around - I've sold precisely one starsilk that I bought, I've mainly been selling excess nebulas), I'm a little disheartened by all the anger here, because it's actually one of the more accessible ways on Flight Rising that a person can earn some dragon cash, not requiring oodles of time, a large previous investment, or artistic skills. Nor is it a matter of a tiny group of robber barons dividing the spoils of the marketplace between them - when you see 10 stock of an item vanish in one instant refresh, it's because ten different people bought them. It's only possible to gobble up an entire inventory by yourself when nobody's competing for it, which - competition scales directly with potential profit.

I'd assume most of the people grabbing at the starsilks now are people that actually just want to own them - with the exception of the wingdrapes, which still have high profit margins.

For those that haven't succeeded - the vast majority of starsilk pieces have become reasonable enough where not buying them off the AH feels more like a matter of principle than it does accessibility. I'm even seeing some pieces that are cheaper than MP price, thanks to bundles. Bundles bring down the price of all but the most popular piece(s) of the set; the higher the differential, the cheaper every non-dominant piece will be.
I just watched a moondust bundle sit in the marketplace for a minute and a half, so really: we're getting there. Patience.

Are people making sure to check the marketplace only when it refreshes? It only has a chance to do so every five minutes on the dot. If you're not sure how your computer's time lines up to that, you can check the time remaining at Swipp's Swap Stand. It's a handy countdown to every xx5.00 and xx0.00.

It's not a matter of sitting and sniping the marketplace - it's just when you remember to and there's less than a minute left until the tick. Crouching there all day is boring and frustrating. As somebody who does flip for profit (but before I get crucified, I've been lazy this go-around - I've sold precisely one starsilk that I bought, I've mainly been selling excess nebulas), I'm a little disheartened by all the anger here, because it's actually one of the more accessible ways on Flight Rising that a person can earn some dragon cash, not requiring oodles of time, a large previous investment, or artistic skills. Nor is it a matter of a tiny group of robber barons dividing the spoils of the marketplace between them - when you see 10 stock of an item vanish in one instant refresh, it's because ten different people bought them. It's only possible to gobble up an entire inventory by yourself when nobody's competing for it, which - competition scales directly with potential profit.

I'd assume most of the people grabbing at the starsilks now are people that actually just want to own them - with the exception of the wingdrapes, which still have high profit margins.

For those that haven't succeeded - the vast majority of starsilk pieces have become reasonable enough where not buying them off the AH feels more like a matter of principle than it does accessibility. I'm even seeing some pieces that are cheaper than MP price, thanks to bundles. Bundles bring down the price of all but the most popular piece(s) of the set; the higher the differential, the cheaper every non-dominant piece will be.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Given up \(0-0)/
Given up \(0-0)/
6-A1-E3-F18-9159-4-A6-A-9-BB2-76984-D67460-C.jpg
Oh god i need one set
Oh god i need one set
Oh god i need one set
Oh god i need one set
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2019-06-07 15:04:06" ] I'm a little disheartened by all the anger here, because it's actually one of the more accessible ways on Flight Rising that a person can earn some dragon cash, not requiring oodles of time, a large previous investment, or artistic skills. [/quote] Those of us who have to wait for the snipers to get their fill or for the AH prices to tank are extremely disheartened. I don't think it's right for people to grab things that should be readily available for everyone and then make it unavailable except for those who have ample amounts of treasure and gems. I really see this as a problem on FR. As someone else said it's not good community behaviour, and if I could change one thing about this game that would be it. That stupid set has been out for a month now, and we're still struggling to get them from the Marketplace. I'm also one of those who, on principle alone, mostly refuses to buy from an individual with a ridiculous mark-up than to get it from the MP.
Laluzi wrote on 2019-06-07 15:04:06:
I'm a little disheartened by all the anger here, because it's actually one of the more accessible ways on Flight Rising that a person can earn some dragon cash, not requiring oodles of time, a large previous investment, or artistic skills.

Those of us who have to wait for the snipers to get their fill or for the AH prices to tank are extremely disheartened. I don't think it's right for people to grab things that should be readily available for everyone and then make it unavailable except for those who have ample amounts of treasure and gems. I really see this as a problem on FR. As someone else said it's not good community behaviour, and if I could change one thing about this game that would be it. That stupid set has been out for a month now, and we're still struggling to get them from the Marketplace. I'm also one of those who, on principle alone, mostly refuses to buy from an individual with a ridiculous mark-up than to get it from the MP.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
y e sss s
y e sss s
[quote name="Forestwolf" date="2019-06-09 12:28:51" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2019-06-07 15:04:06" ] I'm a little disheartened by all the anger here, because it's actually one of the more accessible ways on Flight Rising that a person can earn some dragon cash, not requiring oodles of time, a large previous investment, or artistic skills. [/quote] Those of us who have to wait for the snipers to get their fill or for the AH prices to tank are extremely disheartened. I don't think it's right for people to grab things that should be readily available for everyone and then make it unavailable except for those who have ample amounts of treasure and gems. I really see this as a problem on FR. As someone else said it's not good community behaviour, and if I could change one thing about this game that would be it. That stupid set has been out for a month now, and we're still struggling to get them from the Marketplace. I'm also one of those who, on principle alone, mostly refuses to buy from an individual with a ridiculous mark-up than to get it from the MP. [/quote] I second this.
Forestwolf wrote on 2019-06-09 12:28:51:
Laluzi wrote on 2019-06-07 15:04:06:
I'm a little disheartened by all the anger here, because it's actually one of the more accessible ways on Flight Rising that a person can earn some dragon cash, not requiring oodles of time, a large previous investment, or artistic skills.

Those of us who have to wait for the snipers to get their fill or for the AH prices to tank are extremely disheartened. I don't think it's right for people to grab things that should be readily available for everyone and then make it unavailable except for those who have ample amounts of treasure and gems. I really see this as a problem on FR. As someone else said it's not good community behaviour, and if I could change one thing about this game that would be it. That stupid set has been out for a month now, and we're still struggling to get them from the Marketplace. I'm also one of those who, on principle alone, mostly refuses to buy from an individual with a ridiculous mark-up than to get it from the MP.

I second this.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
I think people have every right to be salty about not getting a single piece of Starsilk apparel. It's hard to get enough treasure unless you're prepared to play in the Fairground or do the Coliseum until your fingers bleed. Especially when staff keeps throwing new things at us like festival skins and the Gaolers.

It's not fair when snipers, or scalpers as I've now heard, snatch them out of the Marketplace to sell them on the AH for higher prices before anyone else can get a chance.
I think people have every right to be salty about not getting a single piece of Starsilk apparel. It's hard to get enough treasure unless you're prepared to play in the Fairground or do the Coliseum until your fingers bleed. Especially when staff keeps throwing new things at us like festival skins and the Gaolers.

It's not fair when snipers, or scalpers as I've now heard, snatch them out of the Marketplace to sell them on the AH for higher prices before anyone else can get a chance.
Beautiful! [emoji=fae love size=2]
Beautiful!
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94