Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 158 159
To be honest, it always seemed like flight rising had some of the best developers of any game, and, you never disappoint! Ancient breeds, some more stuff on tidelords disappearance, confirmation of new breeds being made, what more could we ever ask for!?

Thank you for taking your time and building a game for everyone to love!
To be honest, it always seemed like flight rising had some of the best developers of any game, and, you never disappoint! Ancient breeds, some more stuff on tidelords disappearance, confirmation of new breeds being made, what more could we ever ask for!?

Thank you for taking your time and building a game for everyone to love!
tumblr_ouxrjzQuJR1sbxtq7o3_250.png
As someone who's never been all that into putting clothing on dragons, I think ancient breeds sound amazing. Can't wait to see what kind of cool stuff you come up with!
As someone who's never been all that into putting clothing on dragons, I think ancient breeds sound amazing. Can't wait to see what kind of cool stuff you come up with!
It's really good to know that you guys are taking care of your team's mental health. Not a lot of game companies do that.
It's really good to know that you guys are taking care of your team's mental health. Not a lot of game companies do that.
OMG a new breed??? Coolio!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG a new breed??? Coolio!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julia. She/her/hers. LGBTQ+ Ally. 19. FR+3.
I like this idea for the ancient breeds. The apparel isn't a gamebreaker for me, since I can take it or leave it. I like apparel, but it's not the important bit of this site for me, which is dragons. Getting dragons that break the initial rules sounds interesting and it all depends on the implementation.

I do still hold out hope for a Foo type dragon in any form. The familiar is great, but a Foo Dragon? My life on this site would be complete.

Now, it looks like I'm going to have to work on expanding my lair in preparation for the new breed(s).
I like this idea for the ancient breeds. The apparel isn't a gamebreaker for me, since I can take it or leave it. I like apparel, but it's not the important bit of this site for me, which is dragons. Getting dragons that break the initial rules sounds interesting and it all depends on the implementation.

I do still hold out hope for a Foo type dragon in any form. The familiar is great, but a Foo Dragon? My life on this site would be complete.

Now, it looks like I'm going to have to work on expanding my lair in preparation for the new breed(s).
I bet the Tidelord will return with the first ancient dragon breed. Similar to what people have speculated before, that he'd bring back a new breed.

Anyways, this is all very interesting~ Ancient breeds are gonna be heckin' confusing though... Especially for old players returning from hiatus and newbies that come after. Kinda not sure how I feel about them... I think I'd just rather have regular dragons and have to wait longer for them. Instead of a whole new system just so we can get new breeds sooner. Oh well, will just have to see how it goes.
I bet the Tidelord will return with the first ancient dragon breed. Similar to what people have speculated before, that he'd bring back a new breed.

Anyways, this is all very interesting~ Ancient breeds are gonna be heckin' confusing though... Especially for old players returning from hiatus and newbies that come after. Kinda not sure how I feel about them... I think I'd just rather have regular dragons and have to wait longer for them. Instead of a whole new system just so we can get new breeds sooner. Oh well, will just have to see how it goes.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
I can't wait for the first ancient breed to be released!! As someone who likes to give all my permas at least a few apparel pieces, it is a bit disappointing that they won't be able to wear apparel, but I totally see why and am still so excited for the new breeds :)
I can't wait for the first ancient breed to be released!! As someone who likes to give all my permas at least a few apparel pieces, it is a bit disappointing that they won't be able to wear apparel, but I totally see why and am still so excited for the new breeds :)
PFU56VO.png
[quote name="@Lokkhart" date="2019-04-16 08:30:35" ] I'm sorry if I missed this part, but how will we be able to obtain the ancients? Is it STRICTLY by Roundsey? I am soooo excited for this development! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! I'm in love with the idea, thanks for all the staff's hard work <3 [/quote] They said it'll be through treasure and other means too earlier in the post, don't worry :)
@Lokkhart wrote on 2019-04-16 08:30:35:
I'm sorry if I missed this part, but how will we be able to obtain the ancients? Is it STRICTLY by Roundsey?

I am soooo excited for this development! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! I'm in love with the idea, thanks for all the staff's hard work <3
They said it'll be through treasure and other means too earlier in the post, don't worry :)
PFU56VO.png
[quote name="Akiri" date="2019-04-15 06:01:18" ] Since they don’t need to wear apparel, ancient breeds also allow us to break the “One head, four legs, two wings, one tail” template. For example, dragons like wyverns, multiple-headed dragons, drakes, and more! [emoji=guardian love][/quote] SWIFTWINGS
Akiri wrote on 2019-04-15 06:01:18:
Since they don’t need to wear apparel, ancient breeds also allow us to break the “One head, four legs, two wings, one tail” template. For example, dragons like wyverns, multiple-headed dragons, drakes, and more!

SWIFTWINGS
tumblr_oferpqhao11vfu9p0o1_100.png
Thank you for the update. I am happy to trade apparel for variety in the ancient breeds, but I would like to know if they will be able to battle in the Coliseum. It was not listed as a restriction, so I am hoping for a true water monster in the Kelp Beds.
Thank you for the update. I am happy to trade apparel for variety in the ancient breeds, but I would like to know if they will be able to battle in the Coliseum. It was not listed as a restriction, so I am hoping for a true water monster in the Kelp Beds.
1 2 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 158 159