Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 195 196 197 198 199 ... 304 305
this is so unfair to people like me who work 10 shifts! how tf am i gonna get scrolls when i dont get home tell rollover!?
this is so unfair to people like me who work 10 shifts! how tf am i gonna get scrolls when i dont get home tell rollover!?
|Art Shop|Wish List|He/Him/It/Its
[quote name="VariantLoki" date="2018-06-08 19:54:35" ] Long post ahead. TL:DR At the bottom First let me just state, for the record, I love the concept of the eye types. However, I have to say that I think they are very VERY poorly implemented for a number of reasons. Is this going to sound like I'm complaining? Yes, But i'm also going to give Suggestions on how to fix things. Will this probably have statements and information that has already been brought forth by other players? Most Likely, but I feel that I need to add to the discussion. 1. The scatter sight is only available to be brewed or obtained through the coli for 3 days. This is WAAAAY to short of a time span for you to introduce a new feature, and then take away the item forever, dooming that item to become the new Imperial Scroll. Once the Scatter sight is retired, Say goodbye to EVER having any existing dragon have cool eyes. One option to fix this is simply DON'T RETIRE THE SCATTERSIGHT. 2. The RNG factor of the scatter sight seems WAAAY out of wack. I gave 10 scatters to my progen and he got uncommon eyes EIGHT times in A ROW. Ive given him at least 35 scatter sights and he has NEVER gotten anything higher than "rare" (He's sitting with Rare right now because I gave up praying for primal...) Some tweeks to the probability and making it so you CAN'T get the same eye type twice in a row would be a major improvement. 3. Relating to 2, The rarity of the new eyes that are anything more than a slight color shift is far too low. Faceted, Multi-Gaze, and Primal eyed dragons are nearly Non-existant. Current data gathered suggests that Primal eyes have a LESS THAN 1 PERCENT chance of appearing. BUT WHY?! There is NO REASON for these types to be so rare. Yes, I understand if "Fire Faceted" is more rare that "Fire Rare", but since these eye types are strictly a Cosmetic feature and have zero affect in breeding outcomes, it should not be this difficult to get these eye types. 4. This might just be me, but I feel that Faceted, Multi-Gaze, and Primal are not "Natural" Like you categorize them. Randomly have mutated bug eyes is not "Natural" Having multiple eyes grow on the body is not "Natural. 5. A LOT of people have problems with Multi-Gaze because of the Body-Horror aspect of it. While it doesn't bother me too much, it does creep me out. I Certainly would NOT want a hatchling of mine to have it. I can easily see how Multi-gaze can be triggering to people, and this is something that should be considered. Perhaps allow users to "allow" or "Dis-allow" Multi-gaze in an account setting. This would block that user from getting multi-gaze hatchlings, and would show any multi-gaze dragons others have, as having normal eyes. (That dragons profile would still say "multi-gaze" but it wouldn't show the the eyes to someone who has multi-gaze disabled) 6. Relating to 5, The exclusion of an "Eye type removal" item is a huge oversight that really needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It can be a Treasure marketplace Item, just like the Remove Gene scrolls. This will give users the option to easily remove an eye types they don't like, which can also help to combat the number of people who are put off by multi-gaze. 7. You say, and I quote "Eye Types are a new layer of visual customization to the dragons of Flight Rising." the word customization implies that the user has some degree of control over what eye type they get. This is simply not the case here. It is not customization when the feature is ENTIRELY reliant on RNG. 8. PLEASE. PLEASE. Just add primal as a gem marketplace item! I would have rather had primal as the Gem option than glowing! TL:DR While I do enjoy the concept of the eye types, I feel that they are a highly rushed and very poorly introduced update that needs a LOT of tweaking to make it a feature that actually benefits the user, and puts customization back in OUR control. [/quote] these are the exact things i wanted to say in my post but couldn't and someone put it into words, finally! staff, please don't ignore the elephant in the room and remedy the issue, a lot of us would greatly appreciate it
VariantLoki wrote on 2018-06-08 19:54:35:
Long post ahead. TL:DR At the bottom

First let me just state, for the record, I love the concept of the eye types.

However, I have to say that I think they are very VERY poorly implemented for a number of reasons. Is this going to sound like I'm complaining? Yes, But i'm also going to give Suggestions on how to fix things. Will this probably have statements and information that has already been brought forth by other players? Most Likely, but I feel that I need to add to the discussion.

1. The scatter sight is only available to be brewed or obtained through the coli for 3 days. This is WAAAAY to short of a time span for you to introduce a new feature, and then take away the item forever, dooming that item to become the new Imperial Scroll. Once the Scatter sight is retired, Say goodbye to EVER having any existing dragon have cool eyes. One option to fix this is simply DON'T RETIRE THE SCATTERSIGHT.

2. The RNG factor of the scatter sight seems WAAAY out of wack. I gave 10 scatters to my progen and he got uncommon eyes EIGHT times in A ROW. Ive given him at least 35 scatter sights and he has NEVER gotten anything higher than "rare" (He's sitting with Rare right now because I gave up praying for primal...) Some tweeks to the probability and making it so you CAN'T get the same eye type twice in a row would be a major improvement.

3. Relating to 2, The rarity of the new eyes that are anything more than a slight color shift is far too low. Faceted, Multi-Gaze, and Primal eyed dragons are nearly Non-existant. Current data gathered suggests that Primal eyes have a LESS THAN 1 PERCENT chance of appearing. BUT WHY?! There is NO REASON for these types to be so rare. Yes, I understand if "Fire Faceted" is more rare that "Fire Rare", but since these eye types are strictly a Cosmetic feature and have zero affect in breeding outcomes, it should not be this difficult to get these eye types.

4. This might just be me, but I feel that Faceted, Multi-Gaze, and Primal are not "Natural" Like you categorize them. Randomly have mutated bug eyes is not "Natural" Having multiple eyes grow on the body is not "Natural.

5. A LOT of people have problems with Multi-Gaze because of the Body-Horror aspect of it. While it doesn't bother me too much, it does creep me out. I Certainly would NOT want a hatchling of mine to have it. I can easily see how Multi-gaze can be triggering to people, and this is something that should be considered. Perhaps allow users to "allow" or "Dis-allow" Multi-gaze in an account setting. This would block that user from getting multi-gaze hatchlings, and would show any multi-gaze dragons others have, as having normal eyes. (That dragons profile would still say "multi-gaze" but it wouldn't show the the eyes to someone who has multi-gaze disabled)

6. Relating to 5, The exclusion of an "Eye type removal" item is a huge oversight that really needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It can be a Treasure marketplace Item, just like the Remove Gene scrolls. This will give users the option to easily remove an eye types they don't like, which can also help to combat the number of people who are put off by multi-gaze.

7. You say, and I quote "Eye Types are a new layer of visual customization to the dragons of Flight Rising." the word customization implies that the user has some degree of control over what eye type they get. This is simply not the case here. It is not customization when the feature is ENTIRELY reliant on RNG.

8. PLEASE. PLEASE. Just add primal as a gem marketplace item! I would have rather had primal as the Gem option than glowing!

TL:DR
While I do enjoy the concept of the eye types, I feel that they are a highly rushed and very poorly introduced update that needs a LOT of tweaking to make it a feature that actually benefits the user, and puts customization back in OUR control.

these are the exact things i wanted to say in my post but couldn't and someone put it into words, finally!

staff, please don't ignore the elephant in the room and remedy the issue, a lot of us would greatly appreciate it
sig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngColi_Grinding_Banner.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngWishlist.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.png6EYpa34.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.png
So, I've been grinding for 9 hours in coli for the vials... and let me tell you it's really disappointing how soon this is going and how rare to get the item..... not only that to use it and get uncommon 6 times in a row when all I want is to finally slap primal on my dragon and a whole day of grinding doesn't do that.... it's not very fun.....

Edit: Should add I've used over 100 vials on one dragon and i have gotten nothing good from it...
So, I've been grinding for 9 hours in coli for the vials... and let me tell you it's really disappointing how soon this is going and how rare to get the item..... not only that to use it and get uncommon 6 times in a row when all I want is to finally slap primal on my dragon and a whole day of grinding doesn't do that.... it's not very fun.....

Edit: Should add I've used over 100 vials on one dragon and i have gotten nothing good from it...
iRPEx.gifHidRy.gif58xAT.gifYprVB.gifRuTPw.gif
A Silly Egg To Click
I'm now on my fourth scattersight vial and so far all have resulted in uncommon. Meanwhile I'm reading about others who've spent tens of vials before achieving anything else.

It is all very discouraging. Especially knowing that after this weekend my chance of attaining the desired eyes for any of my existing dragons will disappear forever.
I'm now on my fourth scattersight vial and so far all have resulted in uncommon. Meanwhile I'm reading about others who've spent tens of vials before achieving anything else.

It is all very discouraging. Especially knowing that after this weekend my chance of attaining the desired eyes for any of my existing dragons will disappear forever.
I actually meant to say this earlier, and a lot of people have already commented on it, but I really think giving us no way to alter eyes after the next two days is a huge mistake. These items are also consumable, so once they're gone, they're gone and they have a chance to end up with the same eyes multiple times in a row, which is... awful. The idea is great, but the implementation is horrible, especially with the limited resources and irreversibility.
I actually meant to say this earlier, and a lot of people have already commented on it, but I really think giving us no way to alter eyes after the next two days is a huge mistake. These items are also consumable, so once they're gone, they're gone and they have a chance to end up with the same eyes multiple times in a row, which is... awful. The idea is great, but the implementation is horrible, especially with the limited resources and irreversibility.
aueklrj_by_diznits-d9phclb.png
Love the eyes, wish they were a bit more noticable on adults, though?

Don't care about the scrolls retiring (it only affects players that are currently here, really, and they're not too hard to get Coli-wise... I've gotten nearly 35 today,) though you definitely shouldn't get the same eye type twice in a row. That kind of defeats their point. Definitely add a cheap tincture that changes eye types back to 'common'. It's a bit unfair for breeders otherwise.

LOVE the familiar, super excited for dragon storage.
Love the eyes, wish they were a bit more noticable on adults, though?

Don't care about the scrolls retiring (it only affects players that are currently here, really, and they're not too hard to get Coli-wise... I've gotten nearly 35 today,) though you definitely shouldn't get the same eye type twice in a row. That kind of defeats their point. Definitely add a cheap tincture that changes eye types back to 'common'. It's a bit unfair for breeders otherwise.

LOVE the familiar, super excited for dragon storage.
newsig.png
Ok I've had reallyyyy good luck getting the vials (I'd reccomend the training grounds for anyone looking for them) I sold a ton earlier to get the gems I needed for a villager on FV I bought from someone and now I'm trying to get my girl mika either Facetted eyes or primal eyes, she's gotten the damn unusual eyes 3-4 time in a row lol, she needs one of those other two eyes, they look perfect on her! Then I gotta focus on Elvyra, I'm gonna try and stock as many of these as I can now since I don't gotta sell them anymore lol

Edit: ok ***, I'm starting to become concerned as to whether the vial is even working on her anymore because this is like the 4-5th time she's gotten unsual now, either that or her eyes aren't changing anymore
Ok I've had reallyyyy good luck getting the vials (I'd reccomend the training grounds for anyone looking for them) I sold a ton earlier to get the gems I needed for a villager on FV I bought from someone and now I'm trying to get my girl mika either Facetted eyes or primal eyes, she's gotten the damn unusual eyes 3-4 time in a row lol, she needs one of those other two eyes, they look perfect on her! Then I gotta focus on Elvyra, I'm gonna try and stock as many of these as I can now since I don't gotta sell them anymore lol

Edit: ok ***, I'm starting to become concerned as to whether the vial is even working on her anymore because this is like the 4-5th time she's gotten unsual now, either that or her eyes aren't changing anymore
i only wish the adult eyes were bigger so I could see more of the effects! Cool stuff!! :D
i only wish the adult eyes were bigger so I could see more of the effects! Cool stuff!! :D
nudX0O8.png
Holy cow, just got a scattersight potion and then immediately after got a morph gene. Thank you, coli!
Holy cow, just got a scattersight potion and then immediately after got a morph gene. Thank you, coli!
FR+6
Check out my cerdae collection! Feel free to send trade offers.Cerdae10567_D25-10_26-1_139_0_6_0.png
I agree with a suggestion VariantLoki made.
Rather than removing multigaze and certain primals altogether, it should be an account setting to hide them for those that are triggered by it. Some of us really love them <3
I agree with a suggestion VariantLoki made.
Rather than removing multigaze and certain primals altogether, it should be an account setting to hide them for those that are triggered by it. Some of us really love them <3
image20.jpg
1 2 ... 195 196 197 198 199 ... 304 305