Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Alloy: A New Secondary Gene
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
@Peacekeeper
Well trust me, I'm not going to buy the gene, but everybody has the right to complain/criticize a gene when they believe it wasn't well executed, because that's something they'd like to see improved or fixed. Simply not buying the gene and ignoring art mistakes won't help anyone.

Not to mention this is a gem gene. It's supposed to be worth real money, and thus those who are complaining were expecting to get much better artwork than this to sit beside genes like petals, crystal and facet. In the release of Metallic we were shown coatls as a preview for both Metallic and Alloy, so we were expecting this gene to be as good as the preview it was advertised under... only to find out coatls were basically the only breed it looks gem worthy on. In all other breeds it's incredibly underwhelming and inconsistent, to the point of not even looking like a gene supposed to match Metallic. It's pretty much a case of false advertising.
@Peacekeeper
Well trust me, I'm not going to buy the gene, but everybody has the right to complain/criticize a gene when they believe it wasn't well executed, because that's something they'd like to see improved or fixed. Simply not buying the gene and ignoring art mistakes won't help anyone.

Not to mention this is a gem gene. It's supposed to be worth real money, and thus those who are complaining were expecting to get much better artwork than this to sit beside genes like petals, crystal and facet. In the release of Metallic we were shown coatls as a preview for both Metallic and Alloy, so we were expecting this gene to be as good as the preview it was advertised under... only to find out coatls were basically the only breed it looks gem worthy on. In all other breeds it's incredibly underwhelming and inconsistent, to the point of not even looking like a gene supposed to match Metallic. It's pretty much a case of false advertising.
ssjS89N.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29689316] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296894/29689316_350.png[/img] [/url] Haven't decided on a name yet but isn't she a cutie? Cost me 500k but worth it Loving metallic and alloy on her with the bright runes!

29689316_350.png

Haven't decided on a name yet but isn't she a cutie?
Cost me 500k but worth it
Loving metallic and alloy on her with the bright runes!
night_sky1_by_croatiahetalia-dcb33cb.png wJ21oEB.gifnight_sky2_by_croatiahetalia-dcb33ck.png
@Lilian I wasn't even talking directly to you, just @ everyone complaining, so please calm down. I know you're an artist on another petsite but please, I am a simple farmer tending to my discourse crops.
Again, my point stands. If you don't like the gene, then don't buy it. Obviously other people enjoy the gene and will buy it. The FR team is working on fixing other gene problems and if they decide to fix Alloy, it won't be very high on their list.
I haven't seen any case of false advertising. They showed us previews of it on Coatls, and it matches that. There are gene variations on every breed with every gene (see jupiter/sturn on Guardians v. Spirals, or Poison, Current, etc.)
I'm happy with the gene personally, I love the color contrast on female faes, and if I had more money to use for a virtual petsite I'd buy myself an Alloy gene to try on my dragons. Not everyone is upset, and if you are, great, don't buy a copy of Alloy.
@Lilian I wasn't even talking directly to you, just @ everyone complaining, so please calm down. I know you're an artist on another petsite but please, I am a simple farmer tending to my discourse crops.
Again, my point stands. If you don't like the gene, then don't buy it. Obviously other people enjoy the gene and will buy it. The FR team is working on fixing other gene problems and if they decide to fix Alloy, it won't be very high on their list.
I haven't seen any case of false advertising. They showed us previews of it on Coatls, and it matches that. There are gene variations on every breed with every gene (see jupiter/sturn on Guardians v. Spirals, or Poison, Current, etc.)
I'm happy with the gene personally, I love the color contrast on female faes, and if I had more money to use for a virtual petsite I'd buy myself an Alloy gene to try on my dragons. Not everyone is upset, and if you are, great, don't buy a copy of Alloy.
injG81H.jpeg
ellis, he/him
haikyuu, kpop, ffxiv
always buying oc art
previously erichthonios!
Well it looks fantastic on Coatls! Though some of the others seem to be lacking the same detail that was put into the Coatls. So might only get this gen on Coatls. Maybe as a mix gen with other dragons depending on if a good match with it can be found.
Well it looks fantastic on Coatls! Though some of the others seem to be lacking the same detail that was put into the Coatls. So might only get this gen on Coatls. Maybe as a mix gen with other dragons depending on if a good match with it can be found.
To9iQ.gif GL7NJ.gif 6bDvf.gif fwwSt.gif z446X.gif
@Peacekeeper Oh I knew you weren't talking directly to me, I just referring to myself as example. Sorry if I sounded harsh too, I sometimes end up sounding that way without meaning to. My wording tends to be a bit blunt since english isn't my first language ^^'. I just got the impression you were shunning everyone from complaining just because if they didn't like it, they should just not buy it and stay quiet, which is a mentality that really annoys me(hence why I may have got extra harsh in my comment). Also, yeah genes can vary a lot from breed to breed, but it's always in a consistent way that keeps the art quality pretty much equal for all dragons... which is really not the case with Alloy. The point I was trying to make was that the artwork for Alloy is poorly executed on most breeds in a way that throws consistency out of the window. If you compare two different breeds with Jupiter/Saturn, you can still tell that their genes are Jupiter and Saturn. However, if you compare two breeds with the Alloy/Metallic combo, more often than not it looks like the secondaries are completely different genes, and they may even not match Metallic: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=8&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=176&auth=1f671f68294638a4a0cdffa0468ceb2d4d70e731&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=17&breed=9&element=8&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=176&auth=1a48d2540a3a0a2ed8da4e61b17051bee657271c&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@Peacekeeper
Oh I knew you weren't talking directly to me, I just referring to myself as example. Sorry if I sounded harsh too, I sometimes end up sounding that way without meaning to. My wording tends to be a bit blunt since english isn't my first language ^^'.

I just got the impression you were shunning everyone from complaining just because if they didn't like it, they should just not buy it and stay quiet, which is a mentality that really annoys me(hence why I may have got extra harsh in my comment). Also, yeah genes can vary a lot from breed to breed, but it's always in a consistent way that keeps the art quality pretty much equal for all dragons... which is really not the case with Alloy. The point I was trying to make was that the artwork for Alloy is poorly executed on most breeds in a way that throws consistency out of the window. If you compare two different breeds with Jupiter/Saturn, you can still tell that their genes are Jupiter and Saturn. However, if you compare two breeds with the Alloy/Metallic combo, more often than not it looks like the secondaries are completely different genes, and they may even not match Metallic:
dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=8&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=176&auth=1f671f68294638a4a0cdffa0468ceb2d4d70e731&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=17&breed=9&element=8&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=176&auth=1a48d2540a3a0a2ed8da4e61b17051bee657271c&dummyext=prev.png
ssjS89N.png
I will admit that I'm a little disappointed with the way Alloy looks on certain breeds / sexes since, as the post above mine shows very well, it can look like a completely different gene depending on who's wearing it.

But overall I'm very pleased with Metallic and Alloy!! Sometimes I want a smooth, shiny-looking dragon, but don't like the "sub color" sheen that comes with Iridescent / Shinmer. This is the perfect fix for that problem. :D
I will admit that I'm a little disappointed with the way Alloy looks on certain breeds / sexes since, as the post above mine shows very well, it can look like a completely different gene depending on who's wearing it.

But overall I'm very pleased with Metallic and Alloy!! Sometimes I want a smooth, shiny-looking dragon, but don't like the "sub color" sheen that comes with Iridescent / Shinmer. This is the perfect fix for that problem. :D
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

Awesome!
Awesome!
14ke1c9.png
20sd7y1.png 2h37k7o.png ienfvs.png 291ol80.png
s l o w w i n c i n g

this gene is hit or miss in the worst of ways. unless it's on a coatl or fae, i gotta say this gene looks puh-retty rough...
s l o w w i n c i n g

this gene is hit or miss in the worst of ways. unless it's on a coatl or fae, i gotta say this gene looks puh-retty rough...
RfsQVuR.jpg animalism#228827
any pronouns
fr + 2
YES! So pretty!
"Alas, love cannot be cured by herbs!"
———
Bas||they/them/fae/faer||18+||FR+2
———
Quite possibly just a moth with internet access.
autumn_sphinx.png lamp.gif
Soo shiny <3
Soo shiny <3
OuDych9.png
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46