Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering + Lair Expansions
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 48 49
.. I feel so horrible for the person who bought my silver featherfin for 180k treasure. They just restocked 50 silver and 20 gold. I thought these damn things are supposed to be, "rare"?
.. I feel so horrible for the person who bought my silver featherfin for 180k treasure. They just restocked 50 silver and 20 gold. I thought these damn things are supposed to be, "rare"?
I am literally like 50 gems away from a crystal gene...but like I have to get that Jewelry Box bundle. FFFFTTTTTTTT.

The struggle.
I am literally like 50 gems away from a crystal gene...but like I have to get that Jewelry Box bundle. FFFFTTTTTTTT.

The struggle.
tumblr_n79qifkfMk1royuq2o1_500.gif
Need an Arcane nest? PM me! I always have some open~
yas!
yas!
[quote name="kaijukitten" date=2016-08-17 19:10:14] [quote name="ChiliIcecream" date=2016-08-17 15:11:20] [quote name="SchwarzwindSin" date=2016-08-17 13:00:15] [quote name="FauxParagon" date=2016-08-16 21:29:00] I wonder when gathering levels will actually mean anything. Because getting one moldy leather at level 29 scavenging doesn't seem like it's working as intended. What's the point of trying to unlock "new and interesting items to gather" if I'm still just getting two blades of grass for a whole turn. It would be nice if higher levels actually awarded you with more quantity, so the more time you've put into it, the more you'll be awarded. [/quote] [b]THIS[/b]. This has been a problem from near the beginning and over time just becomes more frustrating as you climb levels. What logic is it that gathering is still ridiculously underwhelming for those with higher levels... and more dragons? How do 159 dragons with lvl 30 hunting/fishing/etc, return with a pinch of grass or scrap of paper?? [/quote] I'm not anywhere near the caps, but this screams that a fix is needed. Holidays suck for me because digging is one of the few ways I can hope to get a skin/accent (because I suck at making money), but I also need to feed my dragons. Perhaps even making the food that gives more points a little easier to catch as you level up would be helpful [/quote] I'd also like to point out (not to you guys just in general) that it's a little odd that you can get rare things like eggs, runestones, and the puppets more easily at lower levels. Like on the one hand it's nice for newer players to get nice things, and it's fun to work towards them, but I've been on this site almost two years now and I still haven't finished my runestone or puppet collections. (I was lucky enough to get all the eggs but it took almost a year to do so) Also holiday chests, yes, managing to get a holiday chest from gathering is so hard it's ridiculous at higher levels. [/quote] Passing this along because we have been documenting major issues and asking for a revamp of the gathering system for ages!
kaijukitten wrote on 2016-08-17:
ChiliIcecream wrote on 2016-08-17:
SchwarzwindSin wrote on 2016-08-17:
FauxParagon wrote on 2016-08-16:
I wonder when gathering levels will actually mean anything. Because getting one moldy leather at level 29 scavenging doesn't seem like it's working as intended. What's the point of trying to unlock "new and interesting items to gather" if I'm still just getting two blades of grass for a whole turn. It would be nice if higher levels actually awarded you with more quantity, so the more time you've put into it, the more you'll be awarded.

THIS. This has been a problem from near the beginning and over time just becomes more frustrating as you climb levels. What logic is it that gathering is still ridiculously underwhelming for those with higher levels... and more dragons? How do 159 dragons with lvl 30 hunting/fishing/etc, return with a pinch of grass or scrap of paper??

I'm not anywhere near the caps, but this screams that a fix is needed. Holidays suck for me because digging is one of the few ways I can hope to get a skin/accent (because I suck at making money), but I also need to feed my dragons. Perhaps even making the food that gives more points a little easier to catch as you level up would be helpful

I'd also like to point out (not to you guys just in general) that it's a little odd that you can get rare things like eggs, runestones, and the puppets more easily at lower levels. Like on the one hand it's nice for newer players to get nice things, and it's fun to work towards them, but I've been on this site almost two years now and I still haven't finished my runestone or puppet collections. (I was lucky enough to get all the eggs but it took almost a year to do so)

Also holiday chests, yes, managing to get a holiday chest from gathering is so hard it's ridiculous at higher levels.

Passing this along because we have been documenting major issues and asking for a revamp of the gathering system for ages!
!!!!!!
!!!!!!
218c07bf1ddf9df8c8419ae2b265f377d600f1e0.jpg
@OceanEyesofJune
Think of it this way; Crystal's always going to be hanging around.

The Bundle cycles back out in three days.
@OceanEyesofJune
Think of it this way; Crystal's always going to be hanging around.

The Bundle cycles back out in three days.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
I like the knife items c:
perfect for certain fandragons if anyone has any charas
I like the knife items c:
perfect for certain fandragons if anyone has any charas
xxx the octopus the myth the legend dj octavio fandragon xx "GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!"
credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr
KLTxh3r.pngv2PJF9u.pngeswSnrS.png
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
[quote name="kaijukitten" date=2016-08-17 19:10:14] Also holiday chests, yes, managing to get a holiday chest from gathering is so hard it's ridiculous at higher levels. [/quote] @kaijukitten Holiday chest drops aren't influenced by the gathering level. Those are calculated additionally and are the same for all levels! :-o It's always hard to get holiday chests, hahah. This has been said for example [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/35#post_11273055]here in the Q&A thread:[/url] [quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-05-29 17:55:33] [quote]When it comes to gathering for festival currency does the task (Hunting, Gathering, Digging, Scavening, etc) affect the amount of currency earned or is it equal across the tasks. If the task does matter, does it change according the festival? Also does your gathering level effect the droprate of currency?[/quote] You can gather using any [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=16][b]Gathering profession[/b][/url] and your chances of acquiring festival currency will be the same. Gathering skill has no effect on the currency, as it is a separate independent "roll" that is the same for everyone and occurs only during festivals. [/quote]
kaijukitten wrote on 2016-08-17:
Also holiday chests, yes, managing to get a holiday chest from gathering is so hard it's ridiculous at higher levels.

@kaijukitten
Holiday chest drops aren't influenced by the gathering level. Those are calculated additionally and are the same for all levels! :-o
It's always hard to get holiday chests, hahah.

This has been said for example here in the Q&A thread:
Aequorin wrote on 2015-05-29:
Quote:
When it comes to gathering for festival currency does the task (Hunting, Gathering, Digging, Scavening, etc) affect the amount of currency earned or is it equal across the tasks. If the task does matter, does it change according the festival? Also does your gathering level effect the droprate of currency?

You can gather using any Gathering profession and your chances of acquiring festival currency will be the same. Gathering skill has no effect on the currency, as it is a separate independent "roll" that is the same for everyone and occurs only during festivals.
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
sCREAMS
sCREAMS
smaller.png
………………….……..
………………….……..
he/they . frt+13 tumblr_lkl7439kSD1qfamg6.gif
Ugh how about upping the amount of gathers we get because it's not enough!
Ugh how about upping the amount of gathers we get because it's not enough!
windflight_zpsd8c8bf0c.png
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 48 49