Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 753 754
When the Rainsong Jungle was introduced as a level 19 venue, Boreal Woods was changed from level 19-20 to level 20. Does this mean that each individual level may eventually have a corresponding venue?
When the Rainsong Jungle was introduced as a level 19 venue, Boreal Woods was changed from level 19-20 to level 20. Does this mean that each individual level may eventually have a corresponding venue?
em6w7kr.gif
IbBoqrd.png
2uhpogl.jpg
GLORY TO THE DREAMERS
5QvVNEC.png
So I have to wonder, where are the Coliseum enemies getting all these leaves just for the festival (and for that matter where do they get any festival currency items)? What's written on the Messengers' Scrolls, anyway?
So I have to wonder, where are the Coliseum enemies getting all these leaves just for the festival (and for that matter where do they get any festival currency items)? What's written on the Messengers' Scrolls, anyway?
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
[quote]This. I tried finding a comment on my page once from someone interested in a pair of mine, and it was gone. Will the ""fading"" comments issue be addressed as a known bug, or is this ""working as intended?""[/quote] Players have the ability to remove comments that they have placed on another player's page; however, if you and the other player involved did not delete the comment, then that is a bug and should be reported in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug][b]Bug Reports Forum[/b][/url]. [br][br] [quote]Also, are skins and accents for the elemental holidays design contests open to everyone or are some of the accents/skins from the flight having the holiday itself?[/quote] They are open to everyone! If you have a skin or accent idea for an elemental holiday, submit it! :) [br][br] [quote]Are there ways other than (what I assume is) the Kickstarter rewards and art rewards to gain one of those nifty sidebar designs when you post in the forums?[/quote] At present: backing the Kickstarter, becoming an MVP, or participating in site contests are the only ways to acquire vistas. [br][br] [quote]When it comes to gathering for festival currency does the task (Hunting, Gathering, Digging, Scavening, etc) affect the amount of currency earned or is it equal across the tasks. If the task does matter, does it change according the festival? Also does your gathering level effect the droprate of currency?[/quote] You can gather using any [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=16][b]Gathering profession[/b][/url] and your chances of acquiring festival currency will be the same. Gathering skill has no effect on the currency, as it is a separate independent "roll" that is the same for everyone and occurs only during festivals. [br][br] [quote]Why do dragons have the eye color of their flights/elements, but familiars don't? I.E this clearly has shadow eyes but it's a plague enemy.[/quote] Dragons are born with magic and their eyes reflect the elemental nature of the magic they absorbed while in the egg. Familiar eye color is just that - the eye color of the creature, which has no relation to magic. The flora and fauna may learn to harness the magic around them if they are sentient, or they may begin using it if they are possessed by a feeding fragment of the Shade. [br][br] [quote]what can family members who share the same computer (thus sharing an IP address) do to prevent themselves from being banned?[/quote] We are aware that families and friends play together, often sharing a computer or IP address. Accounts are closed when there is behavior between the accounts that gives one account a significant advantage over other players. You can read more about this in our [url= http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=52][b]support article on this subject[/b][/url]. [br][br] [quote]My question is whether we will get any more colouring contests or things in that vein, since it's been a while since the cats and the buttersnakes.[/quote] We are always looking for different ways to involve the community in the site. More variety in contests is certainly a possibility! [br][br] [quote]When the Rainsong Jungle was introduced as a level 19 venue, Boreal Woods was changed from level 19-20 to level 20. Does this mean that each individual level may eventually have a corresponding venue?[/quote] Shuffling venue levels around is a possibility for new venues, though not something that will happen every time. [br][br] [quote]So I have to wonder, where are the Coliseum enemies getting all these leaves just for the festival (and for that matter where do they get any festival currency items)? What's written on the Messengers' Scrolls, anyway? [/quote] [b]No Fun Allowed Version[/b]: They get their leaves from a randomized drop chance. When they pass them onto you these leaves are written to your inventory in the database. There is nothign written on the messenger scrolls; We only drew the outside. [b]Fun Version[/b]: The @Gladekeeper provides the leaves during the holidays and scatters them across the continent. Dragon clans find these leaves as they gather and hunt around the land, and so do the flora and fauna! The @Windsinger and his brood will spend several weeks preparing for the festival, writing messages, poems, nonsense, and including map fragments from the places that they have travelled this year. The scrolls you gather are the fruits of these labors.
Quote:
This. I tried finding a comment on my page once from someone interested in a pair of mine, and it was gone. Will the ""fading"" comments issue be addressed as a known bug, or is this ""working as intended?""

Players have the ability to remove comments that they have placed on another player's page; however, if you and the other player involved did not delete the comment, then that is a bug and should be reported in the Bug Reports Forum.

Quote:
Also, are skins and accents for the elemental holidays design contests open to everyone or are some of the accents/skins from the flight having the holiday itself?

They are open to everyone! If you have a skin or accent idea for an elemental holiday, submit it! :)

Quote:
Are there ways other than (what I assume is) the Kickstarter rewards and art rewards to gain one of those nifty sidebar designs when you post in the forums?

At present: backing the Kickstarter, becoming an MVP, or participating in site contests are the only ways to acquire vistas.

Quote:
When it comes to gathering for festival currency does the task (Hunting, Gathering, Digging, Scavening, etc) affect the amount of currency earned or is it equal across the tasks. If the task does matter, does it change according the festival? Also does your gathering level effect the droprate of currency?

You can gather using any Gathering profession and your chances of acquiring festival currency will be the same. Gathering skill has no effect on the currency, as it is a separate independent "roll" that is the same for everyone and occurs only during festivals.

Quote:
Why do dragons have the eye color of their flights/elements, but familiars don't?

I.E this clearly has shadow eyes but it's a plague enemy.

Dragons are born with magic and their eyes reflect the elemental nature of the magic they absorbed while in the egg.

Familiar eye color is just that - the eye color of the creature, which has no relation to magic. The flora and fauna may learn to harness the magic around them if they are sentient, or they may begin using it if they are possessed by a feeding fragment of the Shade.

Quote:
what can family members who share the same computer (thus sharing an IP address) do to prevent themselves from being banned?

We are aware that families and friends play together, often sharing a computer or IP address.

Accounts are closed when there is behavior between the accounts that gives one account a significant advantage over other players. You can read more about this in our support article on this subject.

Quote:
My question is whether we will get any more colouring contests or things in that vein, since it's been a while since the cats and the buttersnakes.

We are always looking for different ways to involve the community in the site. More variety in contests is certainly a possibility!

Quote:

Shuffling venue levels around is a possibility for new venues, though not something that will happen every time.

Quote:

No Fun Allowed Version: They get their leaves from a randomized drop chance. When they pass them onto you these leaves are written to your inventory in the database.
There is nothign written on the messenger scrolls; We only drew the outside.

Fun Version: The @Gladekeeper provides the leaves during the holidays and scatters them across the continent. Dragon clans find these leaves as they gather and hunt around the land, and so do the flora and fauna!

The @Windsinger and his brood will spend several weeks preparing for the festival, writing messages, poems, nonsense, and including map fragments from the places that they have travelled this year. The scrolls you gather are the fruits of these labors.
just curious, would it ever be possible to add more colors to the flight rising color wheel? or would that just be too much of a hassle?
just curious, would it ever be possible to add more colors to the flight rising color wheel? or would that just be too much of a hassle?
tired_by_teethys-db4wz4f.gif
It was said, earlier, that each venue's elemental affinity would become clear as more enemies were added to it.

But the last time new enemies were added to an existing venue was back during Night of the Nocturne with the Manta bosses, if I remember correctly. That's a long time, and there are upcoming festivals that are going to be difficult to grind for currency for unless new enemies are added with a bit more haste.

So, my question is this: is there any plan, at the moment, for a mass release of new enemies to existing venues, or is the process going to continue to be a leisurely one? I just feel a little bad for the Flights whose element is severely under-represented in the Coliseum without any hope that it's going to change anytime soon.
It was said, earlier, that each venue's elemental affinity would become clear as more enemies were added to it.

But the last time new enemies were added to an existing venue was back during Night of the Nocturne with the Manta bosses, if I remember correctly. That's a long time, and there are upcoming festivals that are going to be difficult to grind for currency for unless new enemies are added with a bit more haste.

So, my question is this: is there any plan, at the moment, for a mass release of new enemies to existing venues, or is the process going to continue to be a leisurely one? I just feel a little bad for the Flights whose element is severely under-represented in the Coliseum without any hope that it's going to change anytime soon.
What does Joxar do with all those holiday currencies after the holidays?
What does Joxar do with all those holiday currencies after the holidays?
rFG4FSy.gif HWUyWaT.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
fwY7xo3.png
Currently, vistas for most normal users act a good deal like retired items (currently nearly impossible to get unless you're amazing at art, win one of the rare item contests that have a good deal of entrants, or can be considered for MVP, which is a massive pool of people considering how nice the forums are, not to mention rarely awarded)-is this their intended purpose?
Currently, vistas for most normal users act a good deal like retired items (currently nearly impossible to get unless you're amazing at art, win one of the rare item contests that have a good deal of entrants, or can be considered for MVP, which is a massive pool of people considering how nice the forums are, not to mention rarely awarded)-is this their intended purpose?
With secure item trades between being a possible future feature from what I've read, would they have fees on treasure involved like the Auction House?
Are the AH fees comparable to lair expansions as a gold sink? if not which is greater?
With secure item trades between being a possible future feature from what I've read, would they have fees on treasure involved like the Auction House?
Are the AH fees comparable to lair expansions as a gold sink? if not which is greater?
how big are the beastclan species and festival sprites?

the driftwood baron description mentions wyrmwound plague. what even is it? is it comparable to a realworld disease or???

is there any place we can see fullsize images of all the familiars? or at least the detailed complex ones?
how big are the beastclan species and festival sprites?

the driftwood baron description mentions wyrmwound plague. what even is it? is it comparable to a realworld disease or???

is there any place we can see fullsize images of all the familiars? or at least the detailed complex ones?
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
There seems to be a fairly common issue at the moment involving different groups of users not getting their full amount of Gathering turns.

What's the reason for this? Is it a flat out glitch, or is it related to the site recoding?
There seems to be a fairly common issue at the moment involving different groups of users not getting their full amount of Gathering turns.

What's the reason for this? Is it a flat out glitch, or is it related to the site recoding?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 753 754